AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 10:00   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just realized two new characters and their seiyuus were listed in the ED. Copy/pasted from ANN:

Chiwa Saito (!!) as Shimako Tobita
Megumi Nakajima as Manami Hoshi

Still missing Ryou Hirohashi.
Old 2010-09-08, 11:43   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Here's a photo of the main cast and director, from this interview. (l-r) Satou Junichi, Nakajima Megumi (Manami, ED), Gibu Yuuko (Maon), Iguchi Yuka (Norie), Asumi Kana (Kaoru), Taketatsu Ayana (Fu):

(click to enlarge)
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 12:09   Link #43
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Great episode there. The theme was simple but its like what Fu said, its a wonderful mysteries. Satou Junichi did it again for me. I'm bought to this series.

And despite of ppl saying this show being K-ONish, i would say this show has a trademark of its own. Maybe it needs a lil bit more elaboration on the stories and characters, becoz 15 mins certainly wasn't enough for this beautiful series. Short stories like this would obviously lead ppl to compare this series with K-ON, due to its premises which in a way are kinda similar to K-ON (Can't be helped, any ppl would think this is a K-ON ripoff when they see 4 cute high school girls in it).

But for me, if i were to compare, i would say this show is close to Sketchbook. First few minutes of watching Tamayura stapled my thought of Fu resembling Kajiwara Sora in so many ways.

All in all, it was great. I wouldn't mind giving this series a 10/10 becoz of Satou Junichi's name on it, but to be fair, this series still lacks in few parts. So for now i would give it an 8/10.
I really hope, if by any chance, Satou Junichi will work again for Kozue Amano's Amanchu, that would be a great deal for me. Expecting no less from him when it comes to slow but catchy series.
Old 2010-09-08, 17:56   Link #44
Dop
We can't stop here...

I really enjoyed that and look forward to watching more - although at times I was expecting someone to chip in with "Hazukashii serifu kinshi!", Fu was that Akari-like.

Although Margafred has hit the nail on the head with the 'Sketchbook' reference.

Someone in the production team knows their Rollei 35!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 21:49   Link #45
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I really hope, if by any chance, Satou Junichi will work again for Kozue Amano's Amanchu, that would be a great deal for me. Expecting no less from him when it comes to slow but catchy series.
This. I would think that mangaka and director would both be interested in working together again since the Aria anime was a home run. That being said, Amanchu is still pretty young. Maybe in another couple of years it will be ready for an anime.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 06:15   Link #46
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Sketchbook and Aria were done by the same guys, ne?
They certainly have the feelgood formula nailed.
  • the lovely quiet seaside town
  • all the charming shop owners (and we haven't seen the Tamayura cafe yet)
  • the ticket to nowhere
  • the whole tamayura lightballs thing
  • the smell girl
  • the whistling girl
  • the other older photographer girl (as yet unseen)
Fuu's opening speech is pure poetry and her photos are truly great. A real artist.

The music makes another instant winner OST.

The nickname has me intrigued:
  • When her friend pulled her back onto the bridge, she said potte.
  • When she fell off her bike, the sound effect was pote (ぽてっ, in hiragana!).
  • When she slowly walked to the door, her friend said potte at every step. A pun on pata?
  • pootto indicates dazed or obsessed.
  • po is a blushing sound effect.
  • potepote means chubby - because she's so small?
  • pote is French for buddy.
  • some or all of the above?
Any ideas?
Old 2010-09-09, 17:30   Link #47
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 1

This was a great anime! Loved every comedy and funny moments of this first episode. A true masterpiece of photography and comedy. Unlike the many other series this one is calm. Some comments on some parts of the episode........I liked how Norie was shown here making that face it was rather rebellious and cute=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/589a847f.jpg
Looks like Fu almost fell here but it was a first funny part as the episode began=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/8a2f3fdd.jpg
So cute is Fu at her introduction in the class. Her face is priceless and shyness over 9000=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/cf784d3d.jpg
Words cannot express the cute feelings of having seen and using the chibi versions of Fu as she expresses herself I am talking about these for a start=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/9ce2abf8.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/a41677d1.jpg
Oh my Kaoru! She has a smell fetish and wants to start a club yet I found it cute to see her smell Fu here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/449490ac.jpg
I do wonder how old and what model exactly is this camera of Fu? but also it looks to be all manual=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/59bacd3e.jpg
Another chibi form of Fu but this one she gets all shy=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/19e422b6.jpg
So these are what Tamayuras are....fiction or a possible IRL thing with taking pictures? I wonder here and children of the light?=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/1da2ecb4.jpg
Well that's sad to know so Fu must have been around the ages of 7 or 8 I assume=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/01947564.jpg
ROFL! Priceless faces again of Norie and Maon which BTW I like Maon's whistling=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/8587e487.jpg
A rather nice picture in a artistic way=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/2d170277.jpg
Well certainly Kou looks charming but too bad Norie got completely trapped by his looks in thinking it was a girl=>

Picture time! Norie's pose is good!=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/961a556e.jpg
However when the picture was taken Maon and Fu's blushing was cute especially Fu's eyes but Kaoru's hand was a no good in this case. At least do the rabbit ears. =>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/1263e8e9.jpg
A nice Kou pose here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/87078d78.jpg
I am intrigued to find out more about this girl and her camera looks rather professional too=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/afb82670.jpg
GIF time! I made a avatar of Fu=>

Original here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/1328d765.gif
My most favorite and ROFL of the episode was at Norie's part abusing Kou here=>

Original here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/9f5deef1.gif
Episode is 10/10! A masterpiece in its genre! Really loved it.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 17:50   Link #48
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Did the whistling girl say "I think I'm in love?" after the photo?
I think she said "moe imasu" - Moe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I do wonder how old and what model exactly is this camera of Fu? but also it looks to be all manual=>
The Rollei 35 is a 35mm miniature viewfinder camera built by Rollei. The original Rollei 35, when presented to the public at the photokina in 1966, was the smallest 135 film camera ever. Even at the present day the cameras of the Rollei 35 series remain the smallest ever built mechanically working 35 mm camera. During a time spanning 30 years of production, the total number of cameras of the Rollei 35 series made, is about 2 million pieces.

Yeah, this really is a fabulous show that can't possibly fail. I've watched it 5 times already and haven't gotten bored yet. I wonder why, given their crushing success with Aria, such a modest 4 episode half-show OVA format? There's certainly room for massive amounts of development here.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-09-09 at 18:06.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:23   Link #49
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

That is amazing info! Thanks so much. Wow it was German origin and the smallest 35mm and apparently it even has a light indicator? O_O Very nice camera indeed how hard are they to find now?
Old 2010-09-10, 02:59   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
how hard are they to find now?
Pretty easy on ebay, though as one would expect, they're going for quite the high price.
Old 2010-09-10, 05:13   Link #51
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Kinda bummed it is in OVA form though... So far so good, but I actually would rather see another whole series. I hear Junichi Sato may be working on other projects on top. Busy guy.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 17:26   Link #52
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Someone in the production team knows their Rollei 35!
Which makes me wonder if the line "Zooming is not automatic, huh?" is a mistranslation. As far as I know, the Rollei 35 cannot zoom because it uses a fixed focal length lens (albeit one that can be retracted for storage). The line would make more sense if she was talking about focusing, which of course is automatic by default on most modern cameras, but done manually on the Rollei 35.

Okay, I really feel like a nerd now.

(Personally, I could never go back to actually using film nowadays, but the ex-engineering student in me can't help but admire the Rollei 35.)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 09:40   Link #53
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Which makes me wonder if the line "Zooming is not automatic, huh?" is a mistranslation. As far as I know, the Rollei 35 cannot zoom because it uses a fixed focal length lens (albeit one that can be retracted for storage). The line would make more sense if she was talking about focusing, which of course is automatic by default on most modern cameras, but done manually on the Rollei 35.
Is zooming not possible manually with the Rollei35's lens? Or is it possible that this Rollei35 had a custom lens attached to it to have zooming possible on it?
Old 2010-09-12, 14:44   Link #54
Dop
We can't stop here...

I'd glossed over that line as I figured 'zooming' had to be a mistranslation for 'focusing' - especially given the closeup of the focus being set.

To reiterate, the Rollei 35 has a collapsible lens (to make it more pocketable) which pulls out when you want to use it. It has a prime lens with a fixed focal length. It's a simple viewfinder camera. It doesn't even have a mechanism you can use to ensure it's in focus, you have to guess the distance to the subject and let depth of field cover the rest.

The only reason I've not added one to my collection (I have quite a few old film cameras, going back to a 1930s Kodak Brownie No.2 - they all work, and I use them all) is that they still fetch quite a considerable amount!

Actually, watching it again, the point where the line about zooming comes up is after the focus is set when Fu asks the woman taking the picture to step back, so 'zooming with your feet'...!

Last edited by Dop; 2010-09-13 at 14:09.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 15:27   Link #55
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Which makes me wonder if the line "Zooming is not automatic, huh?" is a mistranslation.
She says:

距離何処自動じゃないんだ = kyori doko jidou ja nai n'da = There's no automatic range (distance)?

This is an unusual phrase not used by camera people, which she is clearly not. I would guess she meant focus rather than zoom.
Old 2010-09-12, 23:41   Link #56
Falkor

episode 01

I've watched the first episode of Tamayura so many times, and I still can't find the words to describe this my enjoyable experience. This is why I like the Slice-of-Life genre so much; this is why I'm so fond of Junichi Sato's works (ARIA, Umi Monogatari, Princess Tutu, Kaleido Star---all of which, my favorites). The story starts with a monologue describing the mystery of photography, and is explored as we see the characters interact directly with this theme, through Fu's obsession to capture the presence of Tamayura in her photographs, through the shop owner's comment on Fu's photograph of her father, or through Fu's friends as they look and comment at the different photographs taken by her. it produces a very nice and relaxing feeling when we go through these parts of the story together with the characters, effect that is further accentuated by the music. The combination of visuals and sounds is pleasant to both eyes and ears, and reaches the mind and heart of the audience. Junichi Sato always gets really nice musical scores for his works, and this is no exception.

if I can describe Tamayura, it's a gentle, soothing and mysterious thing, that evokes a warm and relaxing feeling in the viewer. I wonder if the show would have been as effective if the presence of this dandelion had been missing from the photographs, from the story, from the title itself. it's a simple, yet mysterious and charming concept.

Some of my favorite parts:

Fu's Monologue at the beginning. As many people have mentioned already, this part strongly reminded me of ARIA, of Akari herself and one of her monologues. something you wouldn't be surprised if Akari was the one reciting the words.

Fu following and trying to take a picture of a Tamayura. ARIA-esque search for the beauty in the ordinary things.

The music. I love the music and it's one of the main reasons why I have been looking forward to this show with so much enthusiasm. Loved the OP/ED Sequence, loved Maaya Sakamoto's voice, loved the nice and relaxing feel of it all; I can't wait to listen the singles whenever they come out. on the other hand, I have to say that I liked all pieces of the musical score that were played throughout the episode; but If I have to pick my favorite that would be the one that was played during the school/shop---though I really liked the one on the PV as well.

Maon's whistling. This is my favorite part of the whole episode. I knew I would be liking her ever since I sampled her voice on the website. how many seiyuus can whistle, though, and do so skillfully? I can't whistle myself and I imagine whistling might have been one of the most difficult things required for this role. I really loved this non-verbal form of communications of hers. it tells a lot about her character, where different words can't; it creates a very charming and interesting effect that makes you smile each and every single time. not only do I like her whistling, but I'm also very fond of her character design: her straight black hair, the pink sweater, her relaxed demeanor. yes, she is my favorite character, even though she didn't say that many lines. :P

The food Lady with **Kansai** (?) accent. I have to say that I'm very fond of characters who speak with an accent (one of the reasons why I love Umi Monogatari). the female of the food shop had such a delicious accent. it was really nice and pleasant just listening to her. her words had such a charming effect on me; I wonder if I'm the only one. I'm really fond of these type characters, though, whenever they appear; and I can't help but enjoy them the moment they start talking.

has anyone noticed the presence of Tamayura in most of the photographs, especially during the OP and ED sequence. the things you start noticing after watching the episode so many times.

I wonder if I'm the only one who after watching Tamayura thought of Amanchu!: a group of girls hanging out together, a town next to the beach, a relaxing and soothing setting, a very simple and yet poignant story. really want to see an Amanchu! anime done by Junichi Sato. I get the feeling Amanchu! might resemble Tamayura more than it does to ARIA.

On the other hand, I get the feeling we might see an episode dedicated to the ticket-to-nowhere. maybe... ahhh I want to watch more Tamayura, can't wait for the next episode.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 11:40   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Maon's whistling. This is my favorite part of the whole episode. I knew I would be liking her ever since I sampled her voice on the website. how many seiyuus can whistle, though, and do so skillfully? I can't whistle myself and I imagine whistling might have been one of the most difficult things required for this role. I really loved this non-verbal form of communications of hers. it tells a lot about her character, where different words can't; it creates a very charming and interesting effect that makes you smile each and every single time. not only do I like her whistling, but I'm also very fond of her character design: her straight black hair, the pink sweater, her relaxed demeanor. yes, she is my favorite character, even though she didn't say that many lines. :P
I love Maon too. However -maybe it's just because I can whistle- her whistling didn't really impress me. I'm sure a good number of seiyuu would able to do it without problem, as her whistling remained faily simple (maybe it'll get more elaborated in future episodes). I definitely agree that was an interesting and cute feature though. Even though I had listened to the sample on the offical site, it didn't occur to me that she would communicate like this.

Quote:
has anyone noticed the presence of Tamayura in most of the photographs, especially during the OP and ED sequence. the things you start noticing after watching the episode so many times.
I noticed it on my first watch (I've only watched it once anyway)

Quote:
I wonder if I'm the only one who after watching Tamayura thought of Amanchu!: a group of girls hanging out together, a town next to the beach, a relaxing and soothing setting, a very simple and yet poignant story. really want to see an Amanchu! anime done by Junichi Sato. I get the feeling Amanchu! might resemble Tamayura more than it does to ARIA.
Hmm, I was reminded of ARIA first and by extension Amanchu! I don't think Tamayura resembles one more than the other. And yes, we need an Amanchu! anime done by Junichi Sato!
Old 2010-09-25, 10:45   Link #58
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I could almost swear the opening is a rearrangement of Kiki's Delivery service's opening.

In any case, I really missed this kind of series. True slice of life of the likes of Aria, Kamichu, Someday Dreamers. (Unlike that upstart greenhorn genre that everyone seems to call slice of life comedy...) In any case, the cast seems to be stellar (Erino Hazuki! Crap, where had she been hiding in? A shame she hasn't appeared yet), the atmosphere is spot on. This is just my kind of series. Damn, why can't they do more of this.

In a totally unrelated, I feel kinda bummed that people seem to identfy Asumi Kana with poplar rather than with Yuno from Hidamari Sketch.

Quote:
And despite of ppl saying this show being K-ONish
Who the hell is saying that? I'll personally track them down and... hmm... well do something.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 11:10   Link #59
Falkor

it's actually a rearrangement of Kiki's Delivery Service's ending song. even the title is the same, "Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara". (see my second post in this thread)
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 23:47   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Liking this... mmmmm, yeah.

Tags
junichi, satou, slice of life, tamayura