AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-28, 12:29   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
It's gonna be an iPhone exclusive.
Well it is April fools in a few days.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:10   Link #22
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere
Age: 21
Hopefully it will come out for the 360 also!

One can dream right?!
kuro341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:23   Link #23
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro341 View Post
Hopefully it will come out for the 360 also!

One can dream right?!
I don't see why not. Persona was never really about achieving the pinnacle of graphical technology. It should be even better to develop for the 360 in their case. I wouldn't be suprised if this turns out multiplatform.

But who knows maybe they're aiming to reinvent the series. I personally think it's time for a gameplay change.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 02:19   Link #24
Peterbigeyes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Wow it looks really good. I can't wait to try it
__________________


My eyes are big because I play too much free online adventure games. I wish I was born in virtual worlds for kids then I will not need to eat my greens. .
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:50   Link #25
OMOCHIKAERI!
SOLDIER 1st class
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Age: 23
Excellent, I hope that P5 comes out eventually.
OMOCHIKAERI! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 19:02   Link #26
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
They had friggin' Ishtar as a persona and not Gilgamesh or even Enkidu? They should show have an emperor arcana character with Enkidu - Gilgamesh as their personas.. That would make it very cool.. (Long as the character themselves are cool. but Gilgamesh is actually more akin to the Tower arcana then anything.)

Like I said, they might actually do Dante as the character's persona this time around (as it went by Orpheus and Izanagi thus far. What they all have in common is they went to the underworld/hell to retrieve someone important to them.)

....I hope it releases for ps2 and ps3.. xD
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 20:13   Link #27
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
you mean for the ps3? it is time to move onto the next PS console generation. well at least the towns should look superb in HD. in fact, they seriously don't have to make new ones aside from designing the dungeons in HD. if they end up releasing P5 for the PSP (unlikely), then i'll seriously have to purchase one. i believe i've read somewhere it took the development team 6 months to make P4. it might be a bit longer this time since they have to work with the PS3 engine. the xbox360 will probably get a release too, but ending up having to install it through more than 2 discs most likely.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 02:34   Link #28
Leo Keichi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gaijinland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
This better be on the ps2/psp or no one will buy it ^^
The ps3 is selling well in Japan nowadays, so the sales of the game will be good (at least there).

If they release this for the ps3, together with an English version of Tales of Vesperia, I'm a happy person.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:30   Link #29
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
If they release this for the ps3, together with an English version of Tales of Vesperia, I'm a happy person.
Seriously, get the 360 version, unless you're prepared to witness a blurry mess, the ps3 version looks like if someone smacked a lot of vaseline on the lens.
PS3 consoles selling or not, i still argue that turn-based rpg have no future, or will struggle, on HD consoles. With the mighty calculation power and able to render at 720p, most of the time, people expect more interactivity, aka no pure turn-based concepts, anymore. And this is the problem, ps2 days are over when the 360 was introduced and with the ps3 picking up wind, every gameplay on the HD consoles have to be in realtime.
The success of Persona 5 on a HD console really depends on the combat system that the devs are going to employ.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:50   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
every gameplay on the HD consoles have to be in realtime.
Sorry but I'm not buying that.

And I believe Persona 3 and 4's successes aren't for its combat system either.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 05:07   Link #31
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
A game can be liked because of it's combat system, though most people nowadays want something akin to ME2 or the Tales of series realtime battle systems.

P5 will have a plot and storyline, along with deep characters. Since a good deal of rpgs/jrpgs have character cutomization.. they might actually add that - it is a possibility with how games are going.

Racking up sales is the main objective. Fans of Persona are well accustomed to turn-base battle along with the psychological theme of the game series.

Persona has been influenced by other game series before, they might actually make the battle system real time - would be hard to do to say the least.

....Still, P4 was successful because of Naoto and the successful storyline.. Er... I mean, it was successful because of the storyline and characters... Including Naoto of course.

Seriously want to see how Atlus will pull this off if they do go for real time battle system. Hmm...
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 05:12   Link #32
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sorry but I'm not buying that.

And I believe Persona 3 and 4's successes aren't for its combat system either.
Hey, where is the part with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
ps2 days are over
True or not, it is just my opinion, and you are entitled to have your own position. I'm just reflecting my view on the past HD JRPGs sold in japan, with respect to gameplay, established series/or not and timing, nothing else, like being a fan of a series/title or not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:31   Link #33
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
well RoF already show us turn-base (though for RoF case its semi turn-based) can be interesting too in HD, so argument all RPG on HD must be RTB is bullshit for me.
and if what you say became reality, well its time for me to retire from gaming lol
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:36   Link #34
Sciel
Etoilé
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
@Sides : What does having a higher resolution / prettier graphics have to do with needing more interactivity ?

Honestly , P5 just needs a great storyline and a good cast of characters . For all i care the battle system could just stay the same . It was never the reason i bought P3/P4 anyways . Also , isn't Persona a rather niche title ? I don't see them risking alienating their core audience when it wouldn't sell that many copies either way.

@Arbitres : Think if they did pull it off it would be something like Devil Summoner 2 though i feel it would be a mess on screen with so many characters/personas.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 13:48   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
i just hope for good story and characters like the other Personas.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 23:55   Link #36
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Seriously, get the 360 version, unless you're prepared to witness a blurry mess, the ps3 version looks like if someone smacked a lot of vaseline on the lens.
PS3 consoles selling or not, i still argue that turn-based rpg have no future, or will struggle, on HD consoles. With the mighty calculation power and able to render at 720p, most of the time, people expect more interactivity, aka no pure turn-based concepts, anymore. And this is the problem, ps2 days are over when the 360 was introduced and with the ps3 picking up wind, every gameplay on the HD consoles have to be in realtime.
The success of Persona 5 on a HD console really depends on the combat system that the devs are going to employ.
So dumb. RPG's have been selling well on HD consoles in Japan. Fun fact the Tales games on a SD system (Wii) has sold mediocre yet the Tales of Vesperia on the PS3 has sold much better than the two Tales RPG games on the Wii. Neither of which went pass the 300K mark while Vesperia on the PS3 did. White Knight Chronicles on the PS3 also passed the 300k mark. FF13 has sold over 1.8 million copies on the PS3. The wii has had not one RPG pass the 300K sales mark. Both ROF and SO4 on the PS3 has sold decently as well. Too lazy to get the current numbers there on neogaf weekly media create sales thread.

And what's with the "people will only buy Persona 5 if it has a good combat" ? Neither Persona 3 or 4 had impressive combat system it wasn't bad either it was just okay. People enjoy the social links aspect much more. I doubt the whole combat system matters much as long it has likeable characters that each game has had.

Quote:
Honestly , P5 just needs a great storyline and a good cast of characters . For all i care the battle system could just stay the same . It was never the reason i bought P3/P4 anyways
Pretty much.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2010-04-05 at 00:09.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 04:25   Link #37
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Seriously, get the 360 version, unless you're prepared to witness a blurry mess, the ps3 version looks like if someone smacked a lot of vaseline on the lens.
PS3 consoles selling or not, i still argue that turn-based rpg have no future, or will struggle, on HD consoles. With the mighty calculation power and able to render at 720p, most of the time, people expect more interactivity, aka no pure turn-based concepts, anymore. And this is the problem, ps2 days are over when the 360 was introduced and with the ps3 picking up wind, every gameplay on the HD consoles have to be in realtime.
The success of Persona 5 on a HD console really depends on the combat system that the devs are going to employ.
I sort of agree, the battle system needs to evolve desperately.

However I do not agree that turn-based games are over and done with. Many developers are still toying with the idea and trying to reinvent it. Look at Valkyrie Chronicles, great turn-based game. I disliked the story but I actually loved the game because the combat was so fun, never happens to me when it comes to RPGs (it was always story first). Resonance of Fate, and FF13 both feature fast paced reinvented turn-based systems that are a blast to play with (both games still have their flaws).

But yea, turn-based is far from dead.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 06:07   Link #38
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
So dumb. RPG's have been selling well on HD consoles in Japan. Fun fact the Tales games on a SD system (Wii) has sold mediocre yet the Tales of Vesperia on the PS3 has sold much better than the two Tales RPG games on the Wii. Neither of which went pass the 300K mark while Vesperia on the PS3 did. White Knight Chronicles on the PS3 also passed the 300k mark. FF13 has sold over 1.8 million copies on the PS3. The wii has had not one RPG pass the 300K sales mark. Both ROF and SO4 on the PS3 has sold decently as well. Too lazy to get the current numbers there on neogaf weekly media create sales thread.
What? Wii? And since when is ToV of turn-based? What are you talking about?
OK compare those turnbased games you listed, with non turn based games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
But yea, turn-based is far from dead.
I'm talking about true turn base, like persona, semi turn based is a completly different animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
@Sides : What does having a higher resolution / prettier graphics have to do with needing more interactivity ?
It is about processing power you got and what you deliver. I.e. you can have great visual looking games running at 10fps or decent looking ones running at 60fps. What do you want to give to your audience is up to you.


BTW folks sales and quality games have nothing to do with each other. You can have the best game in the decade and it can still sell like corpse flavoured ice cream.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 07:37   Link #39
Sciel
Etoilé
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
To be fair , there have hardly been any true turn-based games for the HD twins (well not sure about 360 but iirc that aren't many) , the ones that have been released are mostly just extremely niche titles so the sales comparison isn't very fair . Regardless of what anyone says i would still classify FF13 as a "true" turn-based battle system (albeit an extremely fast one) because that is what it is and there aren't two ways about that . RoF is more of a a strategy/Turn based hybrid .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
It is about processing power you got and what you deliver. I.e. you can have great visual looking games running at 10fps or decent looking ones running at 60fps. What do you want to give to your audience is up to you.


BTW folks sales and quality games have nothing to do with each other. You can have the best game in the decade and it can still sell like corpse flavoured ice cream.
Honestly i don't think the "lack of interactivity" is the problem . Personally i feel its just that people just want faster paced games (aka I WANT TO SHOOT/KILL STUFF NOW) . You don't see anyone/many people complaining about FF13's battle system do you ? FPS games (most of them anyways) have been doing more or less the same thing for 15 odd years now and while they have been getting prettier and prettier you don't see many people complain about needing more interactivity .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:31   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
This is retarded.. Persona has a sizable fanbase that likes it for what it is, they won't give a crap if it's still turn based because they like it like that in the first place. And for most Persona fans the storyline and cast of characters is the key points in the first place.

Most of the ps2 hardcore crowd seems to be on ps3 now anyway in Japan. As shown by series like Yakuza and Ar Tonelico selling better than ever even though the ps3 has 4.7 million fanbase compared to the 20 million + the ps2 had. Koei's latest Musou game sold very well too.. if you don't think these companies are taking these figures into account than lol..

Ps3 3rd party games sell in Japan.. unlike the Wii lol. The only big selling 3rd Party game the Wii has had in Japan is Monster Hunter Tri, and that's well down on sales compared to the PSP versions.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.