AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-05, 11:18   Link #41
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Honestly i don't think the "lack of interactivity" is the problem . Personally i feel its just that people just want faster paced games (aka I WANT TO SHOOT/KILL STUFF NOW) . You don't see anyone/many people complaining about FF13's battle system do you ? FPS games (most of them anyways) have been doing more or less the same thing for 15 odd years now and while they have been getting prettier and prettier you don't see many people complain about needing more interactivity .
Maybe i'm just disappointed, that we still have crappy framerates with HD games, or maybe i'm spoiled that later games last gen were running around 60. Or maybe real time battles are more challenging, excluding TRPG.
I'm going to back off now, but not before saying "You guys are fascists!" ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 11:46   Link #42
Sciel
Etoilé

Again i don't see the relation with between crappy frame rates and turn based systems having no future or whatever. I do however agree to an extent that real time battle systems are more challenging.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 11:54   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
more challenging? you mean you have to thinkon the fly, cuz in real time turn bases like FFXIII the Computer can keep going while you think it over

and rushing to get it can result in screwin up badly. specialy if you have to go threw several menu's to get to a attack.

I hate realtime games like that unless its a MMORPG. or slow pased like WHit Knight Chronicles
Old 2010-04-05, 12:21   Link #44
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Real-time turned based systems are, like Kyero Fox, harder only because you have to think quicker. Other than that, they're not really that much different. Ar Tonelico II had a real-time battle system [I haven't beaten it, so I can't really attest to the difficulty of beating some of the end-game bosses/battles], but I consider Persona 3 FES much harder even if it has a traditional turn-based battle system. It depends on how the enemies/battle system are designed. In my opinion, the Persona 3-4 battle system easily can create more difficult battles than a lot of other real-time games.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:22   Link #45
iceyfw

what i would love to see in the new persona game is more battles against persona users. i mean... you fight adachi in P4 and those two strega dudes in P3 and the rest are all shadows you fight against (besides margret and elizabeth). a change like that would be nice

and break away from the high school scene for once. the protagonist being in college would give more options on what to do in the mornings, afternoons, and nights. of course nothing rated R during the night if you get what I mean
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:48   Link #46
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
anyone know a decent Arcana Card quiz "what Arcana are you"
Old 2010-04-08, 05:30   Link #47
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The best way to find out is doing it yourself. I bought a complete tarot card set, and haven't used it for anybody outside my family ever since, hell it's been years since I used it.

A nice touch to P5 would be a minigame of Tarot Cards, yeah? So people like Kyero won't have to go in search of Arcana quizzes xD! No offense Kyero-kun X3
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:21   Link #48
Socke
Banned

We already have Pharos of Death in third game and Teddie of Star in fourth game. Hopefully we will have a brother and sister that represents the Lovers in the fifth one.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:24   Link #49
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

B-but, if the Lovers Arcana isn't a love interest, she can't be my favorite character.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:10   Link #50
Leo Keichi

I won't care so much about the battle system, because I play Persona more for the parts outside the dungeons. But I do wish they get rid of grinding. I hate having to go back and fight monsters only to level up. Actually, I gave up on Final Fantasy XII's side missions only because of that.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 23:47   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
I think that's the reason why I loved P3. It rewards you with major bonus XP if you play things right (ie. MC getting last hit in guarantees Shuffle Time, which vast majority of situations would come from an all out attack), cutting down the 'grind' to a fraction of what you need for levels. At the very least, I never had the need to grind levels just for the sake of grinding in P3, as those who came in my way were more than enough, resulting in my finishing most sections of the tower in one night or two. P4 though was a step backward, rewarding those who play minimalist in terms of using resources, rather than rewarding strategic play that might be costlier in terms of MP/items used.

In other words, P4 played like your typical RPG grind where you try to cram as much battles as you can for as long as you can with your MP/item reserves hold up, rather than in P3 where you try to eke the most rewards you can out of every battle with only a second thought for resources spent. I hope P5 resembles the latter, for whatever platform it will be in.

(As a side note, I've got a stinking feeling that the PSP would be the console P5 would be released in. Dunno why, just a hunch.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
We already have Pharos of Death in third game and Teddie of Star in fourth game. Hopefully we will have a brother and sister that represents the Lovers in the fifth one.
If you're suggesting Wincest, I'm all for it as well! Oh man, the drama that can come from come from such a couple... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 03:41   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
(As a side note, I've got a stinking feeling that the PSP would be the console P5 would be released in. Dunno why, just a hunch.)
It's understandable when you think about how much has been released from the franchise on the handheld. Though i still think they'd go for console release with this.
Old 2010-04-10, 08:00   Link #53
Socke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If you're suggesting Wincest, I'm all for it as well! Oh man, the drama that can come from come from such a couple... XD
Not really. I wish I can write Persona 5 plot for Atlus.

The hero or heroine is not part of the Lovers but instead they are best friends to hero/heroine. They are twin brother and sisters who grew up together. They died somewhere in the game and they were cremated together and their ashes are made into a heart-shaped diamond which allows the hero/heroine to create the ultimate persona of the Lovers arcana.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote