AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 50 Rating
Perfect 10 26 55.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-28, 22:23   Link #21
Charred Knight

I am really dissapointed that they never showed that scene where Mustang meets them and ask them what squad their from, as it shows how strong Mustang has grown as a leader from not knowing what any of his squad looked like, to being invested so much into his squad now.

They should have shown it at the start of this episode.
Old 2010-03-28, 22:32   Link #22
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am really dissapointed that they never showed that scene where Mustang meets them and ask them what squad their from, as it shows how strong Mustang has grown as a leader from not knowing what any of his squad looked like, to being invested so much into his squad now.

i'm still going to hope they do so later on, otherwise some anime-only watchers will think it's a plothole.

anyways, great episode, can't wait for next week. and yay, NEW OP/ENDINGS!
Old 2010-03-28, 22:51   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm just glad to find out. Was wondering for a bit "who are those guys". But thought it'd been explained earlier and I'd just forgotten .
Old 2010-03-28, 22:57   Link #24
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post

anyways, great episode, can't wait for next week. and yay, NEW OP/ENDINGS!
I am sooo excited about the final OP/ED, you know it's gonna be kickass to go with these final 12 episodes. Can't wait to see what they do.

I just watched both 49 and 50 actually, I was behind =O haha, but this was such an enjoyable episode to watch. Ross and Havoc's return was handled beautifully and had to be my favorite part. Not to mention the new music pieces as well!
Old 2010-03-28, 23:05   Link #25
Rika24

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I am sooo excited about the final OP/ED, you know it's gonna be kickass to go with these final 12 episodes. Can't wait to see what they do.
i hope they do something special with Roy to make up for him not being in the current ones. but the fact that the new opening is called "Rain" makes me think i'm gonna get just that
Old 2010-03-28, 23:08   Link #26
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
i hope they do something special with Roy to make up for him not being in the current ones. but the fact that the new opening is called "Rain" makes me think i'm gonna get just that
Oh I'm sure Roy will have a nice big chunk of the OP for himself, no doubt.
Old 2010-03-28, 23:27   Link #27
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Oh I'm sure Roy will have a nice big chunk of the OP for himself, no doubt.
He better, since he was in the current one for like... one second.
Old 2010-03-29, 01:17   Link #28
Lumine
Band Army Member

I'm in love with Lt.Ross. again.
Old 2010-03-29, 03:02   Link #29
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post

I'm disappointed that they never showed Basque Gran's CMoA from the Ishbal flashbacks. The way it is now, watchers of both animes will think he was just a violent, powerful alchemist who Scar killed, with original series watchers getting a considerably more malicious sense of him. (Brotherhood-only watchers are probably saying "Who?") Only the manga readers get to realize what a complex character he was, especially for someone who really was only ever going to get a few minutes of adaptation even if they hadn't cut anything.
Old 2010-03-29, 03:54   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
i'm still going to hope they do so later on
I don't really see the point of them showing a flashback past their meeting already. Also there's pretty much no room to show it when you think about how action packed and filled the rest of the episodes are going to be.
Old 2010-03-29, 10:32   Link #31
klare

Olivier is simply too cool! merciless but cool

and the preview is so teasing... 1 week is too long
Old 2010-03-29, 14:31   Link #32
Rika24

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Olivier is simply too cool! merciless but cool

and the preview is so teasing... 1 week is too long
try waiting a month XD and trust me, if the wait for the next episode coming up has you impatient, just wait for what's coming in about 3 episodes. those of you who read the manga know what i'm talking about

Spoiler for hint in new opening title:
Old 2010-03-29, 19:18   Link #33
xellos2099

Man I look forward to see Hekin's scare face and what come next.
Old 2010-03-29, 21:24   Link #34
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Enjoyed the episode a lot, but I didn't like the music

It was a bit overdone. Nearly the entire episode there was this military type music playing in the background. It became a bit grinding on the ears

Overall great episode though
Old 2010-03-29, 21:27   Link #35
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Enjoyed the episode a lot, but I didn't like the music

It was a bit overdone. Nearly the entire episode there was this military type music playing in the background. It became a bit grinding on the ears

Overall great episode though
Well, I thought it made sense since the entire episode was military-centred... It was very nicely done, IMO. The music hasn't sounded this good for a while O.O I found the repeated tracks of some of the previous episodes very grinding...
Old 2010-03-29, 22:43   Link #36
Sol Falling

Hmm, this episode kinda had me wondering: right now, where have all the State Alchemists gone? It kinda seems like the only ones left who even exist are the main characters--were they really all killed by Scar? It's just kinda weird to think that Mustang's group can completely dominate the army solely by virtue of having the Flame Alchemist on their side, while the 'bad guys' have no more alchemists left aside from the psychotic Kimbley.
Yuri Kuma Arashi 24/5 :: Kancolle 24/5 :: Koufuku Graffiti 80/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Old 2010-03-29, 23:20   Link #37
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Hmm, this episode kinda had me wondering: right now, where have all the State Alchemists gone? It kinda seems like the only ones left who even exist are the main characters--were they really all killed by Scar? It's just kinda weird to think that Mustang's group can completely dominate the army solely by virtue of having the Flame Alchemist on their side, while the 'bad guys' have no more alchemists left aside from the psychotic Kimbley.
Most state alchemist are researchers, out of the State Alchemist who went to Ishval, Armstrong, and Mustang are part of the coup, Scar killed Basque Grand and the Silver Alchemist, and Kimblee is on the homunculi side.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:03   Link #38
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

DAM the awakening of those immortal creatures was creepy lol. Can't wait till the next EP when we see Olivier vs Sloth OOHHHH YEAHHHHH I am positively giddy with anticipation!
Old 2010-03-30, 18:02   Link #39
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Nice episode. From the way Briggs acted, it's more special ops than your average infantry. Seems like Mustang's troops are more infantry than Briggs here.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-03-30, 18:34   Link #40
Regnes

This was an overall good episode, but unlike the majority of other episodes I found this one to be lacking at times. The pacing was quite slow for all the war scenes, I just found that it had little of the intensity it should have had.
Closed Thread