AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-15, 23:45   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge (Total conversion based off TES IV: Oblivion)

Well, I did a forum search and found nothing on this game. Nehrim is a PC RPG that is a lot like TES IV: Oblivion, and that is because the game was made by a dev team that used Oblivion as a basis for this game. They used dev tools and Oblivion as a source and created a whole new game out of it, with its own unique universe and world (so it has nothing to do with Tamriel and The Elder Scrolls). So for those who like the Elder Scrolls games, here is for you a PC RPG that is a lot like TES series. You just need to own a copy of TES IV (either disc or digital copy).

Oh yes, the other thing? Completely free if you already own TES IV.

DL it here: http://www.nehrim.de/startEV.html

Basically, it is like how a MIT student took Pac Man and made Ms. Pac Man out of it.

The game has German as its dialogue because the people who made it are Germans. There is an English version, as well, but the game will have German dialogue with English subtitles. No other languages for it now, but that could change down the road.

Well, here are some screens:

Old 2010-10-17, 03:28   Link #2
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Well, I happen to be the first to respond to my own thread. Sad.

Playing the game is a lot like playing Oblivion. So much of it is the same. However, there are some small changes that I like. You gain experience points (EP) through killing enemies. That is how you level up. You can still increase levels in attributes by using them (for example, increase athletics by running and swimming enough). There is something called learning points, and I'm not sure what to make of them yet. I completed a quest and received 10 learning points.

You can carry a lot from the beginning. Definitely more than when you start Oblivion. Items in Oblivion that normally go for no value when selling have value in this game (like mugs, pitchers, silverware, and such). Good way to get some money early on. There are some neat additions. You can learn hunting techniques through books which means getting more loot. For example, learn how to skin beasts you killed, or take their claws and teeth. You can learn how to forge weapons in this game. You can get hammers (which are good for repairing armor and weapons, too) and smelting tongs to use at anvils, and you can get pick axes to mine ore from certain locations. You can even use the pick axes as a makeshift weapon. You can get shovels which can be used to unearth treasure, too, but I haven't tried that out yet.

This game is harder than Oblivion from what I've played, too. I'm really digging this game so far. One thing I'm expecting is that there won't be any areas like when you entered Oblivion in TES IV, or at the least, there will be parts like that, but you won't go to them often like in TES IV. I find going into Oblivion in TES IV to be dull and boring. Just a real downer in contrast to exploring the lush forests or even dank caves of Cyrodiil.

Judging by how the story is going, there are probably no guilds to join in this game, but that is just a guess. Also, I'm over three hours in (I'm slow with adventure games, so some might make it as far as I did in significantly less time) and I still haven't chosen what skills to excel in, but I believe I just played up to the part where I'll choose those things.

Well, I hope I attract the attention of some TES fans. This game is for them, after all. This game is getting a lot of good buzz from game journalists, especially since this is a fan made project.