AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-09, 09:05   Link #701
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Is Yu Kobayashi playing other characters other than the cameo as galge character in the beginning?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 09:48   Link #702
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
I hope we're not alienating all the anime-only watchers with all our hint-dropping;
This anime-only watcher isn't alienated yet, but I am tired of all the hinting and have come close to reporting some posts for their spoilers. Please don't spoil the show for those of us who want to learn about the series by watching the episodes without any preconceptions.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 11:54   Link #703
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Is Yu Kobayashi playing other characters other than the cameo as galge character in the beginning?
I love that character. The voice is really great for me and makes me want to see it animated baka janai no beh da super kawaii

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 12:19   Link #704
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
This anime-only watcher isn't alienated yet, but I am tired of all the hinting and have come close to reporting some posts for their spoilers. Please don't spoil the show for those of us who want to learn about the series by watching the episodes without any preconceptions.
Yeah, no problem; which is why I promote that anything Manga-related be shoved into spoiler tags.
Cuz trust me, I've had my fair share of adaption-snobbery.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:33   Link #705
ImAKami

Spoiler for FLAG2.0 & 2.5:
Old 2010-10-09, 13:39   Link #706
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Btw, just realised that TWGoK seems to be one of the anime with the more realistic hair colour.
Manga's the same way. The character designs are so unique that rainbow hair is unnecessary (not a whole lot of Only Six Faces here). And most any variation to that is logically explainable by trope or by story context.
Old 2010-10-09, 14:23   Link #707
Ashaman

I actually would've been pissed off if they used rainbow hair colours.

On;y Kanon and Hakua should have outlandish colours.
Old 2010-10-09, 14:28   Link #708
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

The thing that caught my interest the most out of this whole thing was probably the OP. The visuals occasionally give me Eden of the East vibes, and the actual song sends chills down my spine. The OP of the season can be found with this show, for sure.

The actual episode was okay, but it certainly didn't live up to all the hype that the internet and my friends have been giving it. The premise is pretty awesome for what is essentially a harem anime, but I didn't like how Keima managed to capture the Ayumi who despised him so easily and in one episode. It just kind of sends this strange message that real girls are just as easy to win over as 2D girls, but that's what I get for taking a comedy series too seriously.

I'll be following this one for sure, but it doesn't hold a candle Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai in terms of first impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
That ecchi scene seems quite delicious. I am not pleased that the tsundere looking twintails being next in line though.
Old 2010-10-09, 14:37   Link #709
ImAKami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Only Kanon and Hakua should have outlandish colours.
Spoiler:
Both of their hair color is blond/yellowish-gold! I sure wouldn't want twintails/princess curls in black. The mandatory hairstyle of the color black should be the hime cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
[...] and the actual song sends chills down my spine. [...]
Because they speak in perfect English?
Quote:
I'll be following this one for sure, but it doesn't hold a candle Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai in terms of first impressions. <br>That ecchi scene seems quite delicious. I am not pleased that the tsundere looking twintails being next in line though.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on what you've said about Oreimo. And, Mio (the loli-tsundere with twintails) arc is not as bad as you may think. But still, I am still waiting for Kanon and Shiori arc (IMO, her arc is the best one in TWGOK. YMMV).
Old 2010-10-09, 15:27   Link #710
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
The thing that caught my interest the most out of this whole thing was probably the OP. The visuals occasionally give me Eden of the East vibes, and the actual song sends chills down my spine. The OP of the season can be found with this show, for sure.

The actual episode was okay, but it certainly didn't live up to all the hype that the internet and my friends have been giving it. The premise is pretty awesome for what is essentially a harem anime, but I didn't like how Keima managed to capture the Ayumi who despised him so easily and in one episode. It just kind of sends this strange message that real girls are just as easy to win over as 2D girls, but that's what I get for taking a comedy series too seriously.

I'll be following this one for sure, but it doesn't hold a candle Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai in terms of first impressions.

That ecchi scene seems quite delicious. I am not pleased that the tsundere looking twintails being next in line though.
They didn't explain very well with the tree example. But Keima talked about how every encounter, bad or not, will trigger the flags for relationship. That's why he purposely tried to annoy Ayumi for the whole week.

If it does not help. Then simply think that Keima is considered to be quite cute/handsome guy by standard, and probably will be popular in school if he shows that he's not so obsessed about gaming.

It's true that it seems Ayumi gone down faster in the anime than in manga. But I actually also do not like Keima much back when i read chapter 1, and feel Ayumi falling for him was a waste. That totally change now

PS: and the OP is awesome, agree there
Old 2010-10-09, 15:47   Link #711
MartianMage

Quote:
They didn't explain very well with the tree example. But Keima talked about how every encounter, bad or not, will trigger the flags for relationship. That's why he purposely tried to annoy Ayumi for the whole week.

If it does not help. Then simply think that Keima is considered to be quite cute/handsome guy by standard, and probably will be popular in school if he shows that he's not so obsessed about gaming.

It's true that it seems Ayumi gone down faster in the anime than in manga. But I actually also do not like Keima much back when i read chapter 1, and feel Ayumi falling for him was a waste. That totally change now

PS: and the OP is awesome, agree there
Actually the anime followed the manga's pace in Ayumi's capture very closely. The anime cut very little parts in that aspect.

IMHO the main reason why TWGOK doesn't live up to the hype that people are giving it is because it's very tame in nature. Hyped animes usually have some really crazy plots so most people will come to expect that but TWGOK doesn't really have that kind of plot. It's a romantic comedy with very little fanservice not an anime that has a plot/jokes that crosses the moral boundaries. I guess most people expect something like the latter then realize it's a romantic comedy.
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 16:15   Link #712
ImAKami

Quote:
It's true that it seems Ayumi gone down faster in the anime than in manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Actually the anime followed the manga's pace in Ayumi's capture very closely. The anime cut very little parts in that aspect.
I think it has to do with the medium itself. As Kuroi Sabato said, the first episode remained quite faithful to Ayumi's capture in the manga. It might be simply that the viewer's perception of flow of time is at a "faste/constant" rate in the anime. Unlike manga, in which the reader can adjust its pace, anime is constantly transmitting information at a steady rate for you to receive and interpret/analyze. But this is really all just mumbo jumbo.

First episode was just hors d'oeuvre... We will get to the main course(s) soon...
Old 2010-10-09, 16:29   Link #713
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It really needs people to think actually quite deep to figure that out (or far fetched), since the impact of "memory loss" scene is bigger than said scene. You'll see more people pay attention to memory loss problem than how she was blushing. Not to mention, they show absolutely no other boy outside of Keima, and he's the only one to congratulate her, it make the scene feel more usual for her to blushing.
Uh no.. I've seen many comments on other forums like AOD and ANN from people not reading the manga who picked up on the "blushing = lingering feelings?" Like I said nothing in the way she interacted with Keima prior to her falling in love should've would've caused her to blush like that just from a simple thanks.

It's more subtle than the manga version, just because it doesn't hit you over the head with it doesn't mean people won't pick it up, and it's not like this point won't get reinforced again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
IMHO the main reason why TWGOK doesn't live up to the hype that people are giving it is because it's very tame in nature. Hyped animes usually have some really crazy plots so most people will come to expect that but TWGOK doesn't really have that kind of plot. It's a romantic comedy with very little fanservice not an anime that has a plot/jokes that crosses the moral boundaries. I guess most people expect something like the latter then realize it's a romantic comedy.
Another problem is most of the people hyping it up are basing said hype off 110+ manga chapters, there's no fing way an adaption of chapter 1 (which is generally regarded to be pretty weak in comparison to later stuff) is going to live up to that hype.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 16:41   Link #714
Kagayaki

Yeah, Ayumi's is by far the shortest arc in the manga too (1 chapter). The rest probably average around 5 chapters, with at least one or two at 10ish IIRC. So it's definitely possible that the anime will follow this sort of pacing. I mean, they really didn't have much, if any, additional material to adapt from the manga for Ayumi beyond what they did end up including.
Old 2010-10-09, 18:03   Link #715
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Holy crap! That ecchi scene...Elucia is going to do it with Keima? NFW (No F*****g Way) you serious? Elucia and Keima being intimate.....my my.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:18   Link #716
Dahak86
Occasional Member

Quote:
mmh, the ecchi scene... yum! Although, I still have to see how it will play out...
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:48   Link #717
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Yeah, Ayumi's is by far the shortest arc in the manga too (1 chapter). The rest probably average around 5 chapters, with at least one or two at 10ish IIRC. So it's definitely possible that the anime will follow this sort of pacing. I mean, they really didn't have much, if any, additional material to adapt from the manga for Ayumi beyond what they did end up including.
I wouldn't say that for Ayumi arc since the first chapter is more than 60 pages (which would be about 3 chapters worth).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 19:07   Link #718
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I love that character. The voice is really great for me and makes me want to see it animated baka janai no beh da super kawaii

Her voice is so exaggerated
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 19:13   Link #719
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wouldn't say that for Ayumi arc since the first chapter is more than 60 pages (which would be about 3 chapters worth).
Ehh, I guess it is longer, but almost 1/2 that is introducing Keima and Elsee, and then after that Ayumi starts. So maybe like 30-40 pages is actually about Ayumi (vs 80-100+ for the rest). We'll see how they handle that while adapting this, though...
Old 2010-10-09, 20:13   Link #720
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Even though her arc is short, Ayumi is one of my favorites for some reason.

Must be the spunkiness and poofy hair.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen