AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 08:01   Link #901
tsunade666

I'm starting to love feet..... great a feet fetish. (need to watch some other anime to get read of the idea)

..................... I'm really convinced now that the story would be up to 4 girls only but still. The story for Mio would end in episode 3 and that's what.... 1/4 of the story and 2 girls are already portrayed.

I wonder what would they put on the other episodes between captures.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:07   Link #902
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay maybe obvious isn't the right term. Obvious for manga viewers probably, but even showing central characters that haven't even appeared yet might be spoiling it a bit for anime-only viewers on how and where the season is going to end.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:27   Link #903
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Okay maybe obvious isn't the right term. Obvious for manga viewers probably, but even showing central characters that haven't even appeared yet might be spoiling it a bit for anime-only viewers on how and where the season is going to end.
I'm a manga viewer, and I have no idea what you're talking about. You mean showing how far in the story we're going to get based on the characters involved in the ending? That's also the case with the opening, and either way it can easily change at any point in the series.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:36   Link #904
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay point taken. It's probably a personal bias because at a 12/13 episode run, I have some issues with how far they intend to get, and if they'll end with a manga ending (which isn't over yet) should they even reach the manga. The OP and the ED puts a bit of an estimate on what they want to accomplish which I still think is too short,but of course if they choose to change the OP/ED after the first 6 my estimates could be wrong.

I'm not too fine with an anime original ending, but this is a discussion for the other thread.
Old 2010-10-14, 08:40   Link #905
Clarste
Human

They've already announced a second season, haven't they?
Old 2010-10-14, 08:49   Link #906
Dahak86
Occasional Member

ep 2

very nice ep.
finally some good fanservice this time. especially Elsie! wooh, really enjoyed the bath-scene.
surely, it was Elsie' episode for the most, which is a good thing. hella funny!
I also liked keima's 'lessons', lolz.
and that rich girl, lol...

GIFs for KAMI =>
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:49   Link #907
mangatron

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Hmm, that thing I said earlier about 1 girl per ep, at this pace it seems like it is sorta true after all. So kind of like Slice 'o Life/misc first half, target girl second half, thereby in a way 1 girl gets half an hour total to herself. Not bad, but cutting Twintail-chan in half is a bit odd. To me anyways, because now I have to wait next week for some more Twintail

by the way, I too am having this odd hot feeling inside me in regards to feet painting

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:51   Link #908
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They've already announced a second season, haven't they?
Yeah they did but even then, if at 12/13 I still don't think they can cover everything. 24-26 second season might be enough.
Old 2010-10-14, 08:53   Link #909
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm, that thing I said earlier about 1 girl per ep, at this pace it seems like it is sorta true after all. So kind of like Slice 'o Life/misc first half, target girl second half, thereby in a way 1 girl gets half an hour total to herself. Not bad, but cutting Twintail-chan in half is a bit odd. To me anyways, because now I have to wait next week for some more Twintail

by the way, I too am having this odd hot feeling inside me in regards to feet painting
I'd imagine it'll be two or more episodes per girl. The first one was not indicative, more of a tutorial or something. Given the 4 girls other than Elci in the OP and ED, that's probably going to be the first cour. So that's 3 girls divided by 11 episodes, some of which will be partially non-capture related, so about 3 episodes per girl. Which seems about reasonable. One girl per episode would be absurd, you couldn't have any character development at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Yeah they did but even then, if at 12/13 I still don't think they can cover everything. 24-26 second season might be enough.
I wouldn't really expect them to cover everything, but I don't want them to rush through things either. If it has to end early, then it ends early. It's not like that's uncommon for anime.
Old 2010-10-14, 08:58   Link #910
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes they have.. and the showed off 8 girls and Hakua in the second trailer for this...

Spoiler for Trailer 2, spoils the girls:

Still can't see them only covering 4 girls in 12 episodes..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 09:16   Link #911
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
I'd imagine it'll be two or more episodes per girl. The first one was not indicative, more of a tutorial or something. Given the 4 girls other than Elci in the OP and ED, that's probably going to be the first cour. So that's 3 girls divided by 11 episodes, some of which will be partially non-capture related, so about 3 episodes per girl. Which seems about reasonable. One girl per episode would be absurd, you couldn't have any character development at all.
Er... I don't think there needs to be any character development, at least this being the start. The girls lose their memory of their involvement with Keima so the only thing that needs to be worked on is his capturing process, in which these "beginner level" girls just can't take up any more than a half hour total.

Remember, Elsee won't be getting shafted here. Her taking up a first half and capture girl taking up a second half is a good way to develop her character that is partners with Keima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes they have.. and the showed off 8 girls and Hakua in the second trailer for this...

Spoiler for Trailer 2, spoils the girls:

I certainly don't see just 4 in 12 either (at least for these "beginner level" girls). So far 2 episodes in and we effectively have 1 girl for a half hour slot. What's not to say it'll be that way for the rest of the way since it's being that way so far.

I <3 Pantsu
My avatars & signatures
!
XD
Old 2010-10-14, 09:21   Link #912
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Er... I don't think there needs to be any character development, at least this being the start. The girls lose their memory of their involvement with Keima so the only thing that needs to be worked on is his capturing process, in which these "beginner level" girls just can't take up any more than a half hour total.

Remember, Elsee won't be getting shafted here. Her taking up a first half and capture girl taking up a second half is a good way to develop her character that is partners with Keima.
Um... but I want there to be character development? Is that a problem? Wouldn't that make the series, you know, better? Isn't that what we're here for?
Old 2010-10-14, 09:25   Link #913
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
finally some good fanservice this time. especially Elsie! wooh, really enjoyed the bath-scene.
Well the ass basically. The breasts are covered by the arms and the only thing I see uncensored are those pesky pink scarf things at most....at least the shape is there.
Quote:
Elucia as main focus is good but do wonder how is her sister. Mature?
Quote:
I also liked keima's 'lessons', lolz.
and that rich girl, lol...
Mio Aoyama there is one statement about her:
tsundere, cat eyes, light hair colour, visible forehead, pigtails and sadistic nature
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 10:26   Link #914
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Same, which is why i'm hoping the ED is just a tease.
Old 2010-10-14, 10:42   Link #915
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Um... but I want there to be character development? Is that a problem? Wouldn't that make the series, you know, better? Isn't that what we're here for?
keep in mind I refer to these "introductionary" girls, or the beginner girls

But it's set that way (no develpment) from the start, ja. I'd like to get attached to these girls too, but like Ayumi in episode 01 she went back to the way she was before she met Keima. Reset her involvement with him, and reset practically all we saw about her in ep 01. Basically we're like Keima too. We get attached to these girls then once the loose soul/weiss/floating plasma leaves them we pretend it was all a dream

So yeah, the way the whole was set up says "no character development for the girls since they won't remember any of it". What do we want developed, anyways? The girl with the weiss or the girl without it? They (without the weiss) pay him (Keima) no mind.

Quote:
very nice ep.
That's a great tagline for her: "She's one hell of a girl"

I <3 Pantsu
My avatars & signatures
!
XD
Old 2010-10-14, 10:52   Link #916
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Some comments based on different parts......Can't believe that Elucia admited this to others in Keima's class. Little demon sister? WTH? ROFL!
That was actually a pun (it was the same as the title of that episode segment). The line was "akumademo imouto desu." "Akumademo" can mean "through and through" whereas "akuma demo" means "even if (I'm) a demon." Hence the line could be interpreted as "I'm his little sister through and through" (in response to the guy asking, "Are you sure you two are related?") or you could interpret it as "Even if I'm a demon, I'm his little sister."
Old 2010-10-14, 10:58   Link #917
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I like the translation of 'one hell of a little sister' It's both creative and funny in a 'oh you have NO IDEA' kinda way.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 11:00   Link #918
Clarste
Human

Quote:
keep in mind I refer to these "introductionary" girls, or the beginner girls

But it's set that way (no develpment) from the start, ja. I'd like to get attached to these girls too, but like Ayumi in episode 01 she went back to the way she was before she met Keima. Reset her involvement with him, and reset practically all we saw about her in ep 01. Basically we're like Keima too. We get attached to these girls then once the loose soul/weiss/floating plasma leaves them we pretend it was all a dream

So yeah, the way the whole was set up says "no character development for the girls since they won't remember any of it". What do we want developed, anyways? The girl with the weiss or the girl without it? They (without the weiss) pay him (Keima) no mind.
That's not what character development means. Character development is showing who a character is, not changing who they are. Without character development you have nothing but an archetype.

I also disagree with your assertion you can't have dynamic characters in a setting where they lose their memories. In fact, that's completely the opposite of what we've seen so far. Ayumi started the episode being bullied by her senpai and secretly believing that she wasn't worthy of being on the track team, and ended the episode earning both her senpai's and her own respect, regardless of whether or not she remembers Keima's intervention. While it's pretty simplistic, all evidence points to the targets changing even if they forget.
Old 2010-10-14, 11:05   Link #919
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Just watched epi 1, very cute and funny. Keima does look like a chibi Austin Powers and for obvious reasons I keep thinking Ill hear FukuJun from him but Im glad Im not. Elci (Elsee?) is cute, I like her skull tracking head thing.

Im sure this has been answered but Ive already gone back 10 pages is this gonna be a loose soul of the week thing? Not that I mind but given how epi 1 went I can see a theme developing.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 11:08   Link #920
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im sure this has been answered but Ive already gone back 10 pages is this gonna be a loose soul of the week thing? Not that I mind but given how epi 1 went I can see a theme developing.
There's stories inbetween that show the interaction of the cast, so it's not just a conquest each episode. You'll see what i mean one you've seen the second episode.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen