AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-14, 18:10   Link #941
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Btw, because I don't want to consider the possibility of oh-so-cute Elsie breaking up other people's marriage, I came up with a solution. There has been many comparisons of Keima with Austin Powers, but what if he looks exactly like his Dad? That is, he's the son of Austin Powers himself. I mean, really, those "international trips" are so obviously spying in foreign country and being Austin Powers with all his Mojo does explain why he's not too surprised for having an illegitimate child. It's been years but I remember vaguely that Austin did hook up with a Japanese twins. I'm only halfway through the manga though, so I won't know if this theory will be totally broken someday should they ever show who Keima's Dad really is (which 99.99...9% will not be Austin Powers)



That said, the ED was well conceived. Also, the parts where he gets into his teaching mode is also well done and amusing. So he's not as terribly anti social as would be thought.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 18:14   Link #942
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
WTF is this op, I didnt know it was in english... this is the worst op since the rideback op... please for godsake japanese people dont sing songs in english....
One more time!



It may be engrish, but it damn sure is catchy. :3


I still don't know about Mio's voice yet; I pictured something a liitle more....haughty. I'll have to wait next episode to see what else this VA can do. (and no, I don't follow voice actors, so I have no clue of her past experience.)
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 20:10   Link #943
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's not what character development means. Character development is showing who a character is, not changing who they are. Without character development you have nothing but an archetype.

I also disagree with your assertion you can't have dynamic characters in a setting where they lose their memories. In fact, that's completely the opposite of what we've seen so far. Ayumi started the episode being bullied by her senpai and secretly believing that she wasn't worthy of being on the track team, and ended the episode earning both her senpai's and her own respect, regardless of whether or not she remembers Keima's intervention. While it's pretty simplistic, all evidence points to the targets changing even if they forget.
Keep in mind that I don't mention certain things, as I thought they were pretty obvious and for some darn reason I keep doing these stuff on my phone. (gave my brother the HD2 and iPhone because they don't use a pen! Haha I am so YasuganoSora)

I am talking about episode count here. 1 half hour is enough for this style of "girl has a weiss, get close to her, kiss her and voila, she's a new girl". They've done a good job of it so far, it's as close to the manga as it will get, and I keep mentioning in my posts that this is in reference to the "beginner girls", or the less capture complicated ones. Though, I am repeating myself because margafred said it best, which I would probably leave these things to marga seeing as how I'm not online all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I think we should wait for more until we draw such conclusion. I take it you didn't follow source material?


Keep in mind I refer to the "beginner girls".

As for how far I have followed the source material? I think it's easier to go to the first pages of this thread as I showed up when this thread was created. But in short, I am current as of manga chapter 117. You will do well to take note how I have carefully minimized all mention of the manga so far? Yeah, I have a vendetta against novel/manga/game discussion in an anime thread I like to keep things where they belong and not stack canned food in the frozen foods aisle

By the way, I never put a canned good in the freezer. what happens? Explosion?
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 20:18   Link #944
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Right I've been the reading the manga since the start and it's always struck me as something quite speical and great but seeing it in it's animated form makes me understand now it's truly epic.
The imouto BMW thing I thought was brilliant in the manga but now I think it should be used everywhere to define imouto characters

I totally LOLed at the Charlie Brown laughing, I did not expect that!
And then followed by epic cute Elsie moment.



Keima Mama is <3 Ryoka Yuzuki was great, the change over was done very well

Totally loving this, every bit as great as it should be.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 20:23   Link #945
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I am talking about episode count here. 1 half hour is enough for this style of "girl has a weiss, get close to her, kiss her and voila, she's a new girl". They've done a good job of it so far, it's as close to the manga as it will get, and I keep mentioning in my posts that this is in reference to the "beginner girls", or the less capture complicated ones. Though, I am repeating myself because margafred said it best, which I would probably leave these things to marga seeing as how I'm not online all the time.
Like margafred, you fail at counting here. One half-hour is not enough. We're one third of the way through Mio's arc so it'll likely take all of the next episode to resolve. Mio has the shortest arc. In order to avoid cutting things out, it'll take at least two episodes for most of the characters. They have not done a good job of doing what you say so far because that's not what they've done. You're just mistaken in your facts.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 20:33   Link #946
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
They look to be doing 2 chapters per week, except episode 4 is only flag 17 for some reason.. hope they combined that with the first chapter after Mio (recharge!)

That's why I'm confused about it only covering 4 girls.. 5 girls and you know who to end the season would be the first 3 volumes and will fill out nicely. Maybe miss a "break" chapter but is there any apart from flag 17 and the first after Mio?

Each of the girls immediately after Mio are 4 chapters per arc, chapters are around 17-19 pages and the Ayumi chapter was 60.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 20:45   Link #947
pampz21
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
well if you guys are complaining about Mio's 3 chapter 17-18 pages and Ayumi's 1 chapter 60!
If you animate that...you'll get a 2 episode ryt?....but wat studio would want an introduction arc that long?
so its alright? ryt
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:03   Link #948
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
You call that fanservice for the ladies?

Now this is fanservice for the ladies!

Spoiler for Hot Bod:


My God.... An Otaku who looks like a Bishonen and has a muscular body.

Ladies, that's quite a catch don't you think?

Anyway, another good and faithful episode. The comedy was great especially the part with Keima's mom and the confessions.

Hiro has done a good job voicing as Keima and Kanae is still adorable as Elsie.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:13   Link #949
pampz21
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Yeah thats a pretty catchy bait for our ladies!

Where can you get a guy who has knowledge on every girl and has a rip, muscular body! and his face is a ultra bishonen-kei!

And

Has an imouto who's uber cute that he can go main cast for a heroine!

Let me tell you something good for awhile:
Spoiler for Let me tell you something good~:



Spoiler for Imoto:

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-10-14 at 21:28.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:41   Link #950
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Spoiler for How far Anime can go with 4 girls only:


The trailer had what 9 girls in it? So if they put more of the side chapters in this season they might just chain capture arcs in the second season?
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:47   Link #951
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
That was actually a pun (it was the same as the title of that episode segment). The line was "akumademo imouto desu." "Akumademo" can mean "through and through" whereas "akuma demo" means "even if (I'm) a demon." Hence the line could be interpreted as "I'm his little sister through and through" (in response to the guy asking, "Are you sure you two are related?") or you could interpret it as "Even if I'm a demon, I'm his little sister."
Ah well that clears up things much more. Thank you.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:53   Link #952
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
A very similar pun was used in Kuroshitsuji, I think, if not the same pun. As both Elsie and Sebastian are of netherworldly origin.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:06   Link #953
pampz21
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
you mean the "Akuma de Imouto"? well there both devils so Sebastian says that cuz his "akuma de shitsuji" cuz he's a devil butler and Elsea is a Devil sister you see she just ruined a family?
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 23:12   Link #954
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Like margafred, you fail at counting here. One half-hour is not enough. We're one third of the way through Mio's arc so it'll likely take all of the next episode to resolve. Mio has the shortest arc. In order to avoid cutting things out, it'll take at least two episodes for most of the characters. They have not done a good job of doing what you say so far because that's not what they've done. You're just mistaken in your facts.
We'll see if it will take all of next episode. The key things here bein "introductionary girls" AKA Ayumi/Mio and "so far" AKA we are just 2 episodes in. These be my points so far. Remember what I said about Elsie (did I finally do that correctly?) getting her share of screen time. I wouldn't be surprised if she and Keima have a good dose of the first half of episode 03, effectively giving Mio a half hour total. They don't cut these things in half just for nothing, which is one of the reasons for my "done well so far" AKA we are just 2 episodes in.

Now of course I am not saying it'll be like this the rest of the way, but I'm liking the way they are spending some time on Elsie as well instead of "capture of the week". And I'm also not saying a girl doesn't deserve a full hour to herself. Remember that in animation things move a lot faster per minute than you have manga chapters. So giving Mio a full hour is over kill considering I label her as a beginner class. Who knows, itl'l probably work for Kanon, but I don't consider her beginner class.
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 23:16   Link #955
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, falling for Elsie would probably make sense and even be natural in a way because she'll be by his side through everything and know what he's been through. Plus, as even he pointed out, they're starting to form a bond with each other due to their circumstances, and that will necessarily draw them closer. His almost "tsundere" attitude towards her (I know it isn't really that) was also rather interesting. If the roles were reversed, I'd almost say she's slowly working at capturing his heart too. Of course this would bring its own share of challenges, with her being a demon and all....
Spoiler for ep. 2:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Any references to these animes?
The right one reminds me of Shuffle! - a nice anime, if only they hadn't messed up the ending!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
When they first came out with these dress ups of Elucia they were great through the episode like all these from biker girl, to vampire Elucia, to Elucia being a cook in cooking Keima, to Elucia being a bathtub with bubbles, to being a boxer girl and finally as a cupid herself all here!=>
Spoiler:
That was certainly a well-done touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Liked Elucia in her apron with the cute skull symbol here. Ah WTF? The food looks like poison from hell itself. Cleaning duty for so long! 300 years is a lot! Sounds to me like her older sister was treating her like Cinderella was. Well obviously after such bad food this would happen naturally.
She lines up nicely there with other cute girls who can't cook
That makes her only more endearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
That explains a lot more about Elucia. Do wonder if there will be uncensored on the BD this part?
I certainly do hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I love this guy! He thinks like based on his statement here. Keima you idiot! Should not have dodged Elucia here. Certainly it was not nice of Kosaka to read that letter. Like someone has a fetish of feet, mines goes around the hands and those hands of Elucia are beautiful here. Rather cute Elucia here! Moe is right! Loved how the guys piled up here suddenly to ask what happened in the bathroom.
Yes, that certainly raised interest about Elsie quite a bit
I see Keima's classmates becoming more and more envious there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Mio......... Why is she here living in a crappy apartment? Direct me to manga thread I want spoiler about that.
I don't know why she acts like an ojou-sama, but she'll have a reason.
I think she only dumped him because of this tough act as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
is there an official romanization? In this thread alone I've seen her name written as LC, Elsie, Elcy, Elsee, etc...
The official version is Elsie, which is used on the official page:
http://kaminomi.jp/cd/index.html

Scroll down a bit, and you'll find:
Quote:
<収録内容>
01. Oh!まい☆GOD!! 
02. コイノシルシ from Elsie
03. Oh!まい☆GOD!! (Instrumental)
04. コイノシルシ from Elsie (Instrumental)
It says Elsie on the image of her CD as well.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:03   Link #956
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
This episode was very refreshing
Elsie is just moe to the max in this episode, especially during the attempted love confession, where she just went all around the class like Himeji said, it shows signs of her actually liking him. There is also how he lightens up to Elsie by letting her stay, as Himeji said as well The biker mom was actually surprising, and scaring One thing Elsie could do, is not make the main character look silly in front of class-mates all the time
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:30   Link #957
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Like margafred, you fail at counting here. One half-hour is not enough. We're one third of the way through Mio's arc so it'll likely take all of the next episode to resolve. Mio has the shortest arc. In order to avoid cutting things out, it'll take at least two episodes for most of the characters. They have not done a good job of doing what you say so far because that's not what they've done. You're just mistaken in your facts.
I don't really argue on this kind of thing, so i just leave it to people to judge whether this anime is in the right direction for me or not. To me it is good as it is. Nothing to complain so far. Beside capturing the girls isn't my favourite part of the manga.

You're complaining about how each episode should worth 2 chapters at least. Ever wonder how they managed to adapt first chapter into one episode? If you do your conversion based on the total page per chapter, you will find that episode 1 and 2 were worth 3 chapters of manga. I know you based your point on the fact that the 2nd half of episode 2 was worth 1 chapter of the manga. But hey, they managed to adapt the first half of the episode, which was roughly worth 2 chapters of the manga. And nothing went wrong there... at least from the way i feel it. The adaptation didn't missed anything so far... maybe a little tiny insignificant details, but that's tolerable.

You know if i want to argue about adaptation, i would rather do it on other titles like most JC Staff's adaptation series. All i was hoping for is for a studio to be completely faithful to the original manga, and that's what Manglobe been doing so far. So far reading in this thread, its mostly only the character design that got people's popping their veins on the head, very less people complaining about how faithful the adaptations been going. And my answer to that are - near perfect, so far so good, nothing went wrong for now. And i don't really expect you to agree with me on that. I already expected these things months before it starts airing anyway, so i didn't feel shocked or surprised with how they're adapting the manga into anime.
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:39   Link #958
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
We'll see if it will take all of next episode. The key things here bein "introductionary girls" AKA Ayumi/Mio and "so far" AKA we are just 2 episodes in. These be my points so far. Remember what I said about Elsie (did I finally do that correctly?) getting her share of screen time. I wouldn't be surprised if she and Keima have a good dose of the first half of episode 03, effectively giving Mio a half hour total. They don't cut these things in half just for nothing, which is one of the reasons for my "done well so far" AKA we are just 2 episodes in.

Now of course I am not saying it'll be like this the rest of the way, but I'm liking the way they are spending some time on Elsie as well instead of "capture of the week". And I'm also not saying a girl doesn't deserve a full hour to herself. Remember that in animation things move a lot faster per minute than you have manga chapters. So giving Mio a full hour is over kill considering I label her as a beginner class. Who knows, itl'l probably work for Kanon, but I don't consider her beginner class.
Mio won't get an hour, she'll get 45 minutes. The episode titles match up well enough with the chapter titles that this is evident. Elsee (or Keima) is the focus of every forseeable "non-capture" chapter, and they get a "good dose" of even the "capture" chapters anyway, so there's no need to inject more Elsie screen time. They've faithfully adapted the first three chapters so far, so why stop now?
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:49   Link #959
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
MANGA, ANIME, ANIME, MANGA, ADAPTION, SOURCE, FAITHFUL, CUT OUT,


...



The 3rd or 4th episode should pretty much foretell how the structure is going to work, so you're gonna have to wait for those to get an answer.

As far as things go, I think you have to really try in order to screw this premise up; the last two episodes have been pretty solid, and not much has even happened yet. If the third time's the charm, then any worries I had left will be gone.


I gotta wonder how deeply involved Wakaki-sensei was in the production; because if he made any of the story changes, then there can't be any complaints about how faithful it is.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 01:09   Link #960
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I don't really argue on this kind of thing, so i just leave it to people to judge whether this anime is in the right direction for me or not. To me it is good as it is. Nothing to complain so far. Beside capturing the girls isn't my favourite part of the manga.

You're complaining about how each episode should worth 2 chapters at least. Ever wonder how they managed to adapt first chapter into one episode? If you do your conversion based on the total page per chapter, you will find that episode 1 and 2 were worth 3 chapters of manga. I know you based your point on the fact that the 2nd half of episode 2 was worth 1 chapter of the manga. But hey, they managed to adapt the first half of the episode, which was roughly worth 2 chapters of the manga. And nothing went wrong there... at least from the way i feel it. The adaptation didn't missed anything so far... maybe a little tiny insignificant details, but that's tolerable.

You know if i want to argue about adaptation, i would rather do it on other titles like most JC Staff's adaptation series. All i was hoping for is for a studio to be completely faithful to the original manga, and that's what Manglobe been doing so far. So far reading in this thread, its mostly only the character design that got people's popping their veins on the head, very less people complaining about how faithful the adaptations been going. And my answer to that are - near perfect, so far so good, nothing went wrong for now. And i don't really expect you to agree with me on that. I already expected these things months before it starts airing anyway, so i didn't feel shocked or surprised with how they're adapting the manga into anime.
You're still misunderstanding my point, as well as being factually wrong.

The first episode covered chapter 1, which was indeed three times as long as a normal chapter, and they did indeed cut some things out. I complained about that a while ago and I am no longer talking about that because it's in the past.

Episode 2 adapted chapter 2 and 3, and had a very nice pace. I want them to continue as they've done episode 2. No more, no less. I'm not complaining about the adaptation, I'm praising it. However, because of your misunderstanding, you're both defending the adaptation that i'm not even attacking while at the same implicitly attacking it yourself by claiming an optimal scheme that is not consistent with what they're doing. You are, quite simply, wrong. Your facts are incorrect. We both agree with how the series should be adapted, but because your facts are wrong you're arguing with me for no reason. I find this tiresome.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.