AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-03, 11:28   Link #221
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
tell that to Clare.

If she ever catches wind of what the Rods can do...you can she as hell bet she will get herself infected.
I don't think Clare will infect herself. Priscilla is just to strong. If Clare gain a power boost to rival Priscilla, then she would be invincible. She would become a Goddess.

She could try to make a hard shield or shell by mimicking Dauf.
Old 2010-04-03, 11:34   Link #222
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I don't think Clare will infect herself. Priscilla is just to strong. If Clare gain a power boost to rival Priscilla, then she would be invincible. She would become a Goddess.

She could try to make a hard shield or shell by mimicking Dauf.
You sort of proved why she WOULD infect herself

If Claire feels she will get stronger, or get the strength she needs to kill her by getting herself infected, you bet she would in a heartbeat.

In fact, she may feel she has to since she can't fully awaken. She may see this as her last chance.
Old 2010-04-03, 11:43   Link #223
Nixl

@Joe_fh

1. I think the hellcats, like the AFs are a little dumb individually, hence Helen and Deneve were able to speed past them. On the other hand it could be that the destroyer has changed its target to Priscilla. That last point is speculation, since even though it has been stated that the destroyer is almost mechanical in its existence, I still doubt it has zero intelligence(or at least enough to not ignore Priscilla).

2. This may help, in the time Priscilla was walking up to Claire, Deneve, and Helen the second volley (that infected Dauf) was being shot. Now I cannot give an accurate passage of time, but consider how much time passed where Priscilla and Claire hardly moved.

(1)Claire did that brief talk, (2)Claire and Priscilla fought, (3) Priscilla knocked down Claire/talked, (4)Helen and Deneve had to attack Prsicilla, (5) and then try to run. You had about 4-5 events that kept those few in place, all the while Dauf was being infected and going full speed. On top of the fact he is infected and that may be a bonus to his attributes.

Now Deneve, Helen, and Priscilla are all moving slowly due to the hellcats swarms. An infected Dauf does not need to maneuver in between each individual hellcat since he is infected. In essence they have to dodge every hellcat or get caught up, infected Dauf just plows through.
Old 2010-04-03, 12:17   Link #224
Joe_fh

It's true that from the moment Prissy killed Riful and the moment Dauf smashed Prissy into thegroud this time there were a lot of things going on but they were all short. Beside Dauf aslo had time consuming things to do. First off get himslef together and not die from his wounds. After that he had to regenerate, go into AB form, and get the rods. After that he went after Prissy and the rest. Considereing how damaged he was he had to stay put for a while. Either way to actually catch up to them now would mean he is moving faster than they are and that shouldn't be the case.

I agree that Helen and Deneve are moving slowly due to various reasons not limited to the Hellcats (hence why I said it's strange Prissy was chasing them which would mean that under normal conditions they would be almost as fast as her which is strange). Prissy on the other hand isn't slowing down. Again page 15 clearly shows that Prissy just goes straight through the hellcats so she doesn't have to maneuver either. So she should be going full speed.

That's the way I see things and basically I can't find a reason why Prissy is moving so slowly and how Dauf is so much faster compared to before. The things you're saying do indeed make sense but don't actually clear things up.
Probably Shiek is right and Dauf was just needed to make Prissy go into awakened form and at the same time maybe show Clare a way to power up using the rods.
Old 2010-04-03, 12:55   Link #225
janipani

Poor Riful! Poor Dauf!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-04-03, 13:12   Link #226
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Fn
It's true that from the moment Prissy killed Riful and the moment Dauf smashed Prissy into thegroud this time there were a lot of things going on but they were all short. Beside Dauf aslo had time consuming things to do. First off get himslef together and not die from his wounds. After that he had to regenerate, go into AB form, and get the rods. After that he went after Prissy and the rest. Considereing how damaged he was he had to stay put for a while. Either way to actually catch up to them now would mean he is moving faster than they are and that shouldn't be the case.
According to Gernot's translation, when Riful told him to escape, Dauf said he didn't have the strength, and he wouldn't leave her anyway.

He didn't have the power to stop Alicia or attack at Priscilla...he didn't have the strength to do anything but just there and take the death that was coming...

That's the trick: Why didn't Priscilla finish him off, and how he managed to get intentionally pierced considering he didn't have the power to do anything at all.

The only possible way I can think of, is if by sheer fate, A Rod happened to land on his body.....three of them....?

That's even more confusing - how exactly does it work: How is it decided when a Rod pierces someone(like Dauf), or lodge into them and infect them(Alicia)? Is it the position? like how Alicia's back was to a gigantic rock-wall?

Migraine....
Old 2010-04-03, 13:15   Link #227
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You sort of proved why she WOULD infect herself

If Claire feels she will get stronger, or get the strength she needs to kill her by getting herself infected, you bet she would in a heartbeat.

In fact, she may feel she has to since she can't fully awaken. She may see this as her last chance.
My point was if that happed Clare would be overpowered. I'm not saying its not a possibility, just that if it happened, Clare would have to loose that power or face an opponent stronger than Priscilla in the future.
Old 2010-04-03, 13:20   Link #228
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
How exactly did Dauf managed to infect himself?
Those rods are huge so they should come directly from the Destroyer. So, what? He regenerated his limbs and ran around, trying to get hit by one and just happened to be three?

Veronica and Flora: Killed without raising their swords. They were no thread to Rigardo.
Isley: Died just to inroduce the AFs.

Riful: Killed because of her own mistakes.

You see my point?
If Riful was killed by Racillia or the twins then I would agree, but she was killed by Priscilla. She was on her last leg (literally), she was no threat to anyone and all of a sunder Priscilla drops in and bam, she is dead.
Old 2010-04-03, 14:01   Link #229
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
If Riful was killed by Racillia or the twins then I would agree, but she was killed by Priscilla. She was on her last leg (literally), she was no threat to anyone and all of a sunder Priscilla drops in and bam, she is dead.
There is a high chance that Priscilla went berserk because of the Hellcat's attack on the village she was in. Therefore, if Riful had been quiet in her corner and didn't start to play around with the Destroyer, she would still be alive.
Riful brough her own demise upon herself. That's a common cause of death in the villain comunnity.
Old 2010-04-03, 14:10   Link #230
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
if Riful had been quiet in her corner and didn't start to play around with the Destroyer, she would still be alive. Riful brough her own demise upon herself. That's a common cause of death in the villain comunnity.
you just had to dwell on that, didn't you ?!

if you keep befuddeling her corpse any longer I'll postpone that rigardo vid indefinetly
Old 2010-04-03, 14:40   Link #231
Vinak
Procrastinator

haha
Old 2010-04-03, 16:44   Link #232
Traun
Tetris

Guys, just to point out (if no one has so far). This is the first time, since the timeskip that Prissy is clearly showing an emotion (fear?, she certainly didn't wanted to be hit by that thing).

Also there is the chance that those rods were more powerful than the original ones ( The Destroyer is gaining strength, hell, they may have even resurrected him).

Wonder where the story is going with this though.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:02   Link #233
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traun View Post
Guys, just to point out (if no one has so far). This is the first time, since the timeskip that Prissy is clearly showing an emotion (fear?, she certainly didn't wanted to be hit by that thing).

Also there is the chance that those rods were more powerful than the original ones ( The Destroyer is gaining strength, hell, they may have even resurrected him).

from the look on her face it somewhat looked like she felt pity towards Duph when realising that he infected himself
Old 2010-04-03, 17:15   Link #234
MisterJB
Warden of the West

How could Dauf catch Priscilla? He can't even stand up on that form.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:20   Link #235
evil_kenshin

Quote:
How could Dauf catch Priscilla? He can't even stand up on that form.
JB calm down lol. Considering the Rods his physiology is different (even look at his face nothing alike to his normal face).

Keep in mind it was only due to surprise he hit her the first time (someone she was sure was dead somehow came up and hit her from behind) and the next few times were due to her analysing him rather than trying to escape him.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:26   Link #236
MisterJB
Warden of the West

What surprises me is how he ran after her and caugth her.

Actually, I think his face looks better now.
Old 2010-04-03, 20:17   Link #237
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traun View Post

I brought up the same thing - taking the script into account, she didn't wasn't afraid or worried, as much as just annoyed and angry. However, you are right in that this is the first instance where he was in "pain", and I put that in quotes, because it's another matter entirely if it was truly damaging.

Even if those punches didn't hurt Priscilla, which they didn't considering she pities Dauf and even monologues about his sacrifice, she sure didn't like them either; she awakens, sick and tired of all these distractions getting in the way of her meeting Claire.

I also wonder where the story will head next, now that the long-awaited Claire/Priscilla confrontation has passed. I get the feeling the story will scen change to the Organization fairly soon.
Old 2010-04-03, 20:51   Link #238
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
What surprises me is how he ran after her and caugth her.

Actually, I think his face looks better now.
Priscilla was distracted. Or maybe he jumped reeaaally far - like The Hulk.
Old 2010-04-03, 20:53   Link #239
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Wow, Priscilla said, anyone that gets in her way shall perish (Deneven, Helen). I think Clare will do something to stop her, or Revenge of Riful.
Old 2010-04-03, 20:57   Link #240
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Priscilla was distracted. Or maybe he jumped reeaaally far - like The Hulk.
That's actually very possible, and would make sense how she didn't notice him coming up from behind - because he was coming from above .

Admit it, it's actually possible ...I mean, the "camera" was beneath Priscilla, looking upward...so Dauf wasn't behind Priscilla, he was above her...
Closed Thread