AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-02, 10:49   Link #81
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I wouldn't say this is true - this dominant aggressive persona that we see so far, is quite cunning and intelligent. She analyzed Alicia and Beth's attacks very fast and seems pretty shrewd.

As for the power, I think that's been shown as false considering the sheer power she has shown. We always thought her hunger and her power was linked, but I don't think it's really like that. She was weakening herself by not eating, but I don't think she's lost any power because of it and, considering she's eaten 3 Abyssal-Level warriors so far, I'd say the majority of her strength has rejuvenated if it was, 3/4 more or less depending on how much power you think she has.
It is not so much that she is showing the big guns, it is the fact that she is showing the big guns now, before even reaching the destroyer. From here on out she is going to be using more energy to sustain her body.

Priscilla may be strong and I can speculate in the next few chapters she is going to take terrible, terrible damage, but live. However, she still has a finite reservoir no matter how great it may be. I think the terrible, terrible damage portion alongside a more complex awakened body to repair will add up. Again, speculation on my part.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:51   Link #82
MisterJB
Warden of the West

A group of Hellcats is about as strong as Dietrich?

Sorry, what?
Old 2010-04-02, 10:51   Link #83
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
A group of Hellcats is about as strong as Dietrich?

Sorry, what?
huh? I think I missed the gag.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:53   Link #84
MisterJB
Warden of the West

It is not possible that Dietrich is as strong as a group of Hellcats. I mean, Clare & co were exausthed after killing a group of them.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:54   Link #85
Nixl

Quote:
It is not possible that Dietrich is as strong as a group of Hellcats. I mean, Clare & co were exausthed after killing a group of them.
What is the quantity of the "group." I don't think Dietrich has or will face anywhere near the amount C, H, and D have faced in the first wave.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:56   Link #86
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Define the numerical quality of "group," I don't think Dietrich has or will face anywhere near the amount C, H, and D have faced in the first wave.
How many did Clare& co faced? How many are the AFs facing rigth now?

We don't know. The only explanation I see is if each volley is weaker than the last one.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:58   Link #87
Nixl

Quote:
How many did Clare& co faced? How many are the AFs facing rigth now?

We don't know. The only explanation I see is if each volley is weaker than the last one.
I do not know, it seemed that Claire and Co were at the base where a large portion gathered. They were literally surrounded.

Yuma, although being chased she did not seem surrounded. I did not count how many were in view, but there was certainly more Hellcats in view surrounding Claire and Co than Yuma.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:01   Link #88
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

What? No Claymore chapter in may? Why not? ;_;
Well this was one sweet chapter! Hellcats vs Abyss Feeders! That was sweet.
Dauf's devotion for Rifull is sweet two. He got infected for her... :3
I still can't believe one of my favorite lolis is dead. Rifull you where so cute.
Priscilla's awakened form looks badass as always, I doubt Dauf has a chance against her. But he might just stall Priscilla long enough for Clair and her group to get away for her or even annoy Priscilla enough for her to go and kill the Destroyer.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:04   Link #89
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
It is not so much that she is showing the big guns, it is the fact that she is showing the big guns now, before even reaching the destroyer. From here on out she is going to be using more energy to sustain her body.

Priscilla may be strong and I can speculate in the next few chapters she is going to take terrible, terrible damage, but live. However, she still has a finite reservoir no matter how great it may be. I think the terrible, terrible damage portion alongside a more complex awakened body to repair will add up. Again, speculation on my part.
She may be using much more energy due to now being Awakened but, of course, she is now using the bulk of her power.

The reason she ate Alicia, Beth and Riful I believe was to replensish herself if you believe she lost power, or to get rid of obstacles if she hasn't.

I can't see her dying anytime soon, I just just can't. If she does die, it won't be till near, or at the end of the manga. Even though the Organization is the true enemy of the protaganists, Priscilla remains an integral part of the story. You could even get away with saying half of it is hers considering Claire is the "main character" and her goal is to kill her if you choose to.

If Priscilla dies, the face of the manga changes completely and irreverseably, that can't be denied. Somehow killing her and keeping the manga continuing for a long time to go...that's just.....

--

Considering their were STILL AE's, can we now attempt to count how many their were. I think the number is 20 or over by now.

I hope however that Yagi isn't use the ambiguity of how large a new "batch" is, he isn't just popping out with new ones when it's convenient. Just saying...

Roflmao, so much negativity this month .
Old 2010-04-02, 11:04   Link #90
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I really think that due to the number of Hellcats everywhere and how densely they're packed that each halo rod must breakup into many giant rods each covering an area like a cluster bomb. Lets face it there was no more than 50 halo rods and at least that many have died in just the last few chapters and it's seems there must be a ton more out there.

This makes me wonder just how big The Destroyer is... I wonder if she'll shrink as she gets weaker...
Old 2010-04-02, 11:06   Link #91
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
What? No Claymore chapter in may? Why not? ;_;
Lol, the noob question.

You see, Japan is ahead of us. The Claymore chapter of March in there, is the Claymore chapter of February here.

So, the next chapter is in June for them but in May for us.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:07   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

AWESOME!!! Great chapter, oh man. I really had no idea who was behind Priscilla, that was a great surprise.

Stupid Deneve...stopping like that makes what they did pointless. I know why she did it and all, but still, the numbers don't match if they do things like that.

Where is Miria? Did she not come? AHHH!!

It's gonna be another long month.

Quote:
Lol, the noob question.

You see, Japan is ahead of us. The Claymore chapter of March in there, is the Claymore chapter of February here.

It has nothing to do with Japan. All magazines are ahead. If you go to the store and buy a magazine in April, it'll be May's issue, with May on the cover.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-04-02 at 11:15. Reason: Wrong thread.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:09   Link #93
Nixl

I completely agree with you Sheik, but it seems like Teresa where she was at the top of the pedestal and then got a very arbitrary death. I wouldn't mind if Priscilla remained alive, since I am still glad for her killing "T" waayyyy back when.

For that Pricilla deserves a good end in a manga with no good ends.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:12   Link #94
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Three good things came from this chapter.

1-Abyssal Feeders vs Hellcats. (Even tough I'm still wondering why didn't the Afs attacked Dietrich)

2-Riful has been confirmed as dead.

3-Priscilla's fanservice.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:15   Link #95
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Lol, the noob question.

Oh, I see now. Thank you for answering a noobish questing. X'D

Claymore is released in the end of the month, so when the chapter is scanlated it's next month already. I should have thought of that. Thanks again.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:16   Link #96
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Those watermarks are ridiculous. I can't even read some of the damn bubbles thanks to them. Why even bother scanning it if you're going to make it unreadable like that?
Old 2010-04-02, 11:16   Link #97
MisterJB
Warden of the West

No problem.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:19   Link #98
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Those watermarks are ridiculous. I can't even read some of the damn bubbles thanks to them. Why even bother scanning it if you're going to make it unreadable like that?
So the release isn't uploaded anywhere else. It's not that bad. lol.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:20   Link #99
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Lol, the noob question.

it's not just for Japan. Most Magazines run a issue a head. Chapter 102 was in the May issue, even though it's April. So Chapter 103 being in the June issue means May, however if it said July it means Yagi is going on a vacation or something.

The month listed on magazines is typically the date newsstends pull the issue not the date it goes on sale.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:24   Link #100
Weils

Okay...read the scanlation, so Dietrich used the AFs to target the hellcats, once the cats fire those rods into the AFs, they lose their limiter which enable them to eat something besides their intended target, which is everything. So I guess Dietrich and Yuma are going to wait out the battle and clean up any stragglers after this. Well, that's a good idea until they can get the hell out of the next wave.

I hope Helen and Deneve stop gawking at the fight between Priscilla and Dauf and take Clare away cause it's going to be a short-lived battle...
Closed Thread