AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 43 66.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 6.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-05, 17:28   Link #61
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
This episode was packed with so many great scenes with more to come next episode. Heinkel giving Al the philosopher's stone was the highlight for me. I completely forgot about it until he reached into his pocket. Such a powerful speech accompanied by fitting music.
True. Heinkel really set himself apart from the other chimeras with that moment. It's no wonder he even made it to the last popularity poll of the manga.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:28   Link #62
Raiga
tl;dr

Can I just say that May's battle with the zombie things was like the greatest five seconds of my day?
Old 2010-04-05, 17:36   Link #63
Maxtro

Decent episode. The beginning with the two guys getting eating was completely predictable.

It just doesn't pay to be middle-management on the evil side.

Highlight for me was Armstrong coming in and saving Armstrong's life BTW, yay new avatar.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. I wonder what changes Al made.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:28   Link #64
holy_
Paladin

Send a message via MSN to holy_ Send a message via Yahoo to holy_
OP = Gurren Lagann =0
Shoko-tan should do OP instead to make perfect TTGL =p

Last edited by holy_; 2010-04-05 at 18:53.
Old 2010-04-05, 20:07   Link #65
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I've seen a lot of people say this (as with every other OP) and once again I don't agree with it at all. The 'spoilers' are only things you'd pick up if you've read the manga anyways. The only real OP spoiler for me would be in OP3 where they showed Ling with the other homunculi and OP4 where they showed him betraying them.
I agree =) I haven't read the manga at all and even though I can get a sense for the ending... there wasn't much going on that I can EXACTLY pinpoint as spoilers (uh... ok, maybe one or two shots T_T)... but overall, I'm still excited to see the ending.
There's a real bittersweet feeling to the tone of the OP and the ED has a real hopeful tone... so I have no idea what's going to happen in the end... but regardless, I like the new OP/ED ^^
My favorite shots were the OP with Hawkeye and the last scene with Ed/Winry T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
True. Heinkel really set himself apart from the other chimeras with that moment. It's no wonder he even made it to the last popularity poll of the manga.

Awwwww! Heinkel really shined this ep. I hope he doesn't die =X although it kinda sounds like he will =(
I loved Al at the end there hehe* reminds me of the shot they did of him when he protected Hawkeye from Lust (in ep 17? =S don't remember).

Old 2010-04-05, 21:00   Link #66
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

the new op is spoilerific
Old 2010-04-05, 21:02   Link #67
Lumine
Band Army Member

So.. after watching the Opening so many times I'm starting to like it.

-Heinkel is my favorite Chimera now. (I knew he was awesome when he decided to fight Pride) Hope he doesn't die, but by the looks of his wounds he will.

-Lion King as a good point about the Stone, I mean if my soul were inside the stone and there's no posibility to return to my body, at least i'll want a capable Alchemist to use me to kick the ass of the responsables of this and to protect my family that is still alive. (Makes me wonder about the extra souls Hohenheim has, can they speak to him or something?)

-For a second I thought Al was going to appear at the end with his real body but wearing the armor.

-Al CMOA at the end was so awesome even Kimble commented on it. (Someone explain me the true motive xD)

Last edited by Lumine; 2010-04-05 at 21:21.
Old 2010-04-05, 21:05   Link #68
kitten320

Yeh there was a huge lack of Alex in this season. And the fact that he will team up with his kick ass sister only adds to excitement. To see both siblings in action will be epic

And Mei sure has some cool fighting skills there 0_o
Old 2010-04-05, 22:12   Link #69
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Awesome episode, oh man.

The new OP is good and bad. The music and sequence is great, but I don't like all of the tears.

Awesome episode, the end with Alphonse was bad ass. I was half hoping he'd emerge from the smoke with improved armor or something, but it was awesome how his eyes glowed.

The ED was good too. I also like how there was no epilogue, I don't really like episodic epilogues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
the new op is spoilerific
They always are - but they are vague enough so as they don't ruin everything. Plus a non-manga reader wouldn't know how "spoilerific" it is unless someone told them.
Old 2010-04-05, 22:33   Link #70
spaced
マギ

I'm probably like the only person who never really pays attention to what's going on in the OP. Yeah, I've realised certain spoilers thanks to other people pointing them out, but I often don't relate the animation in the OP to the story progression at all. Thats generally because most anime use original sequences unrelated to the script for the OP and EDs, including FMA for certain panels.
Old 2010-04-05, 22:34   Link #71
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And Mei sure has some cool fighting skills there 0_o
and some Jacky Chan style acrobatic skills

so many fights taking place at the same time and all of them so amazingly good

seeing Alex saving his sister feels so deserving for him

the ending that leads to the ED song is great, gogo Alphonse-sama

the new OP and ED is ok i guess, it is safe to say the best OP of the series will be OP1 by YUI
Old 2010-04-05, 23:35   Link #72
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Plus a non-manga reader wouldn't know how "spoilerific" it is unless someone told them.
Exactly. All the people going on about how 'spoilerific' it is are contributing more to spoiling anime-only watchers than the OP itself.
Old 2010-04-06, 01:00   Link #73
kujoe
from head to heel

I like the new OP, but I would have to say the third one is still my most favourite. The current one finishes on a nice, warm note—with Ed sleeping while Winry is watching over him,—but the third opening lends itself to repeat viewings much more easily for me.

As for the episode itself, I can pretty much say that it continues to build up to what seems to be a promising finale. Even the point where it ends with the new ED playing in the background plays up this expectation even more. While we seem to be approaching the end of this series, I would have to say that the overall plot makes a whole lot more sense to me than the 'spin off' first season with its dimensionl gate/alternate world premise for alchemy. This alone makes this series much more favoured than the first, especially since this follows the author's original vision of the story more faithfully.

Olivier continues to be my kind of woman , and Kimblee is still my kind of villain. My fantasy match up would be to see these two fight to the bloody and bitter end—but alas, that's most likely not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 2010-04-06, 01:51   Link #74
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I like the new OP, but I would have to say the third one is still my most favourite. The current one finishes on a nice, warm note—with Ed sleeping while Winry is watching over him,—but the third opening lends itself to repeat viewings much more easily for me.

As for the episode itself, I can pretty much say that it continues to build up to what seems to be a promising finale. Even the point where it ends with the new ED playing in the background plays up this expectation even more. While we seem to be approaching the end of this series, I would have to say that the overall plot makes a whole lot more sense to me than the 'spin off' first season with its dimensionl gate/alternate world premise for alchemy. This alone makes this series much more favoured than the first, especially since this follows the author's original vision of the story more faithfully.

Olivier continues to be my kind of woman , and Kimblee is still my kind of villain. My fantasy match up would be to see these two fight to the bloody and bitter end—but alas, that's most likely not going to happen anytime soon.
OK, back to the post that I made last time.

- That selim banging Al's head is actually a Morse Code!! Suddenly that Scumbag Kimblee shows up & teamed up (not good.) with pride!! Can Pride & Kimblee be stopped once and for all!? Their polite speaking really pissing me off.

- Where is GreedLing gone to now?

- How can the Sloth be stopped? Will Olivia & Alex went overpowered soon?

- I hope I can share some Manga shots compared to anime ones that What we'll missed in the show As soon as possible which was unfair to me like that EP46 where Winry encounters Ed ( I don't really read it, literally.)

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-04-07 at 02:38.
Old 2010-04-06, 04:53   Link #75
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I love Heinkel's little speech to Alphonse. One of the great things about Fullmetal Alchemist is that it's not only the main characters that get the cool lines and good speeches.

10/10
Old 2010-04-06, 07:23   Link #76
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
- That selim banging Al's head is actually a Morse Code!! Suddenly that Scumbag Kimblee shows up & teamed up (not good.) with pride!! Can Pride & Kimblee be stopped!? Their polite speaking really pissing me off.
Pride morsing the location to father was obvious as soon as they showed Pride hitting the head and father opening his eyes last in the last episode.
Old 2010-04-06, 07:37   Link #77
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the new OP and ED is ok i guess, it is safe to say the best OP of the series will be OP1 by YUI
Agreed. The first one is the best. And ED2 is the best ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I love Heinkel's little speech to Alphonse. One of the great things about Fullmetal Alchemist is that it's not only the main characters that get the cool lines and good speeches.

10/10
Right? Other series it's all on the protagonist, but here everyone kicks ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Pride morsing the location to father was obvious as soon as they showed Pride hitting the head and father opening his eyes last in the last episode.
I knew it was a signal, but didn't think of it being morse code. Smart little bugger.
Old 2010-04-06, 10:00   Link #78
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
and some Jacky Chan style acrobatic skills
She must be his grand daughter
Old 2010-04-06, 13:04   Link #79
bonko1

Hello, I was just wondering are they going to stop this anime with a different ending as the manga like they did with the first one. I'm not saying i don't like it, it's just i like the manga and i dont wont them to ruin the story and go off from the manga story to much.
Old 2010-04-06, 13:25   Link #80
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonko1 View Post
Hello, I was just wondering are they going to stop this anime with a different ending as the manga like they did with the first one. I'm not saying i don't like it, it's just i like the manga and i dont wont them to ruin the story and go off from the manga story to much.
It's going to follow the manga till the end. That's the whole point of making it in the first place.
Closed Thread