AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 43 66.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 6.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-06, 14:42   Link #81
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author

Well seeing as how many ppl said the OP was spoilertastic Im glad I skipped it.

Couple of things...I know it was mostly just Al and Pride in the ball but I cant believe it took that long for someone to realize Pride was sending pretty much morse code. But again only him and Al.

Heinkel just then remembers he has a Philosopher's Stone??? For some reason I wasnt buying it though I did like what Al said to him.

Envy~~ He's baaaaaaack~

Overall good epi, the fight scene were great! Olivier just proves what a freaking badass she is.
- 11th Doctor.
Old 2010-04-06, 14:53   Link #82
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well seeing as how many ppl said the OP was spoilertastic Im glad I skipped it.

Couple of things...I know it was mostly just Al and Pride in the ball but I cant believe it took that long for someone to realize Pride was sending pretty much morse code. But again only him and Al.

Heinkel just then remembers he has a Philosopher's Stone??? For some reason I wasnt buying it though I did like what Al said to him.

Envy~~ He's baaaaaaack~

Overall good epi, the fight scene were great! Olivier just proves what a freaking badass she is.
The OP actually isn't very spoilerific at all, if you're a non-manga reader I don't think you'd even notice most of the very implied foreshadowing, even I didn't, really. It's mostly us manga readers that seem to be picking those 'spoilers' out...
Old 2010-04-06, 14:53   Link #83
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
He did say that Ed told him that both of the brothers refuse to use the stone, so that is why he never brought it up before. It was the last option he had left to get out of the situation they were in, and I dont think he would have brought it up unless that happened.

His speech was great, though I still dont like Al using the stone.
Old 2010-04-06, 14:59   Link #84
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
He did say that Ed told him that both of the brothers refuse to use the stone, so that is why he never brought it up before. It was the last option he had left to get out of the situation they were in, and I dont think he would have brought it up unless that happened.

His speech was great, though I still dont like Al using the stone.
Indeed, I'm sure he forgot at some points but was probably reluctant to bring it up.

And what's wrong with Al using it? I agree 100% with Simba.
Old 2010-04-06, 15:16   Link #85
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And what's wrong with Al using it? I agree 100% with Simba.
Well, part of it has with the usage of the stone being shown as evil throughout the show (sacrificing human life and all), but the biggest problem is that Kimba's speech came across a little...insincere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he does trust Al to fight for good and the sake of the world, but the way he justified using the stone made it sound like ''as long as you are fighting for good, its okay to use it'' which is what I don't really like about it.

I can appreciate that they were backed in a corner there, Al was falling apart and refused to let him go, and LK found that this was the only way out. But to me, it sounded like he was sugarcoating it when he said they all should fight together.

I'm just not a fan ''I can use questionable methods because I'm on the Good side'' logic.
Old 2010-04-06, 15:20   Link #86
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Indeed, I'm sure he forgot at some points but was probably reluctant to bring it up.
Not to mention that Heinkel hasn't been watching/reading FMA. We've been hearing about the Philosopher's Stone from the beginning. He's a soldier/chimera trekking across the country and caught up in a crazy conflict. I could understand forgetting if I were in his shoes--it doesn't have the same meaning to him as it does to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Well, part of it has with the usage of the stone being shown as evil throughout the show (sacrificing human life and all), but the biggest problem is that Kimba's speech came across a little...insincere.
Nah, the creation of the stones was evil because it sacrificed humans. Using the stones had a stigma because of what they are and how they were created--but I wouldn't call it evil.

Can't say Heinkel's speech struck me as insincere. If I were a soul that lost my body and was trapped in a stone, I wouldn't mind if my power were used to defeat the guys who did it to me. Better than being useless in the stone as a shattered consciousness.
Old 2010-04-06, 15:22   Link #87
babohtea

Eh cool episode but
Lame music, honestly.
TWGOK (Kaminomi, The world God only knows)
Old 2010-04-06, 19:49   Link #88
JeFFz

love the scene where may was fighting against the immortal army whilst keeping envy from dropping.

only thing i don't like about fma both anime and series is the character design of the immortal army. It somehow freaks me out lol
Old 2010-04-06, 20:01   Link #89
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Not to mention that Heinkel hasn't been watching/reading FMA. We've been hearing about the Philosopher's Stone from the beginning. He's a soldier/chimera trekking across the country and caught up in a crazy conflict. I could understand forgetting if I were in his shoes--it doesn't have the same meaning to him as it does to us.

Nah, the creation of the stones was evil because it sacrificed humans. Using the stones had a stigma because of what they are and how they were created--but I wouldn't call it evil.

Can't say Heinkel's speech struck me as insincere. If I were a soul that lost my body and was trapped in a stone, I wouldn't mind if my power were used to defeat the guys who did it to me. Better than being useless in the stone as a shattered consciousness.
Exactly both times!

If they don't use it - they'll be throwing the lives that were used to create it away. I do think they shouldn't use it as if they were candy, only use it when absolutely necessary.
Old 2010-04-06, 23:43   Link #90
ChronoReverse

I'm not sure what the problem with Lion King's speech was. He's saying to let them fight as well. Since Al and Ed still see the stone as lives rather than just a stone (like how they see the chimeras as humans and not monsters).

They're not just fighting to survive, but directly opposing a force that is striving to destroy them all.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:09   Link #91
klare

to me, that stone is just a stone, i will use it without hesitation... i guess i dont belong in the camp of good guys

maybe what Ed and Al been thru or saw during their attempt to revive their mom make them see the stone as human lives
Old 2010-04-07, 02:36   Link #92
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Pride morsing the location to father was obvious as soon as they showed Pride hitting the head and father opening his eyes last in the last episode.
To me by the way, I've rarely a manga (I didn't finished till I've given up), literally.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-04-09 at 04:08.
Old 2010-04-07, 05:59   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
To me by the way, I don't read a manga, literally.
What does that statement you quoted have to do with the manga? It happened in last weeks episode.
Old 2010-04-07, 06:42   Link #94
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Amazing episode, the new OP was very nice (rain of tears, literally :O), and while I also enjoyed the new ED, I wish they could have given it a normal transition.
About the philosopher's stone: I think Heinkel's speech was good, I mean Ed has seen those souls and their eternal torment, so why not give them a chance to fight back the ones who made them that way?
Old 2010-04-07, 11:48   Link #95
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
About the philosopher's stone: I think Heinkel's speech was good, I mean Ed has seen those souls and their eternal torment, so why not give them a chance to fight back the ones who made them that way?
During that scene, epic music was epic, even before Alphonse activated the Stone...
Old 2010-04-07, 17:12   Link #96
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Envy regaining his body. Pride escaping. This episode has been full of jam-packed action.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-04-07, 17:39   Link #97
Lumine
Band Army Member

Am I the only one thrilled by the HUGE transmutation circle in the Ending? It looks like Father will manage to activate it D:
Old 2010-04-08, 13:43   Link #98
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Catched up again~

This was quite a brutal episode . God, these Zombie-things are creepy D:
The animation of the whole episode was incredible :O. The creepy Zombies, Envy's transformation etc.
It's really amazing how ruthless Olivier can be and I still root for her It's nice to have these contrasts even among the good guys - the non-Briggs people avoid killing as far as possible after all.

Awesome episode~

I'm really pumped for the upcoming episodes now! The epicness bar needs a new scale for this arc.
Old 2010-04-09, 10:40   Link #99
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i really like the new OP. The song fits the visuals nicely, and there's some seriously nice shots - especially Hawkeye and Black Hayate together.

Kinda don't like them having Winry cry, when Ed promised that he wouldn't have her cry anymore.
was Black Hayate dead? I don't read the manga.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:29   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
was Black Hayate dead? I don't read the manga.
I never said Black Hayate died...