AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 00:29   Link #261
wingman32x

Watched episodes 3-5 of this. I like the direction it's going overall. Kouhei joining the student council was a nice move IMO. It seems that the prez has no intention of harming him, yet he keeps talking about this plan of his. Kouhei and Erika seem to be getting along a lot better. My favorite character by far is Haruna. I just love her. She seems to be in love with him, so I hope that goes somewhere.

Episode 5 was cheesy as hell though. Some of the scenes were cringe worthy IMO. It was just SO cliche and cheesy that I had a hard time watching it at times. I'm not normally bothered by cheesy moments in anime, but the whole second half was one after another. There were some bright spots, like the Kuze development, but episode 5 was easily the worst episode for me so far.

Overall though, I'm liking this series. The characters are good and there's still that mystery aspect.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 01:02   Link #262
Zexas

Ep 5

Pretty fun episode but not quite to my liking

The pace is really slow... Somehow this pacing started to remind me of D.C (first season) where they use first half of the series for slow introduction and take high ride for the latter half
Old 2010-11-07, 02:28   Link #263
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Ep 5......nothing really much except......Kiriha

Yeah, this ep she stands out the most....can't wait to see more of her...
Old 2010-11-07, 10:00   Link #264
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

I have a question for anybody familiar with the game out there.

Spoiler for Image and game events corresponding to ep5:
Old 2010-11-07, 11:12   Link #265
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I have a question for anybody familiar with the game out there.

Spoiler for Image and game events corresponding to ep5:
Spoiler for regarding Kiriha's maid outfit in episode 5:
Old 2010-11-07, 15:15   Link #266
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 22:28   Link #267
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh they need more of the water balloon fight they did show enough fan service and Kiriha as a Catgirl maid
Old 2010-11-07, 22:46   Link #268
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

out of all the rest, I'd say Fortune arterial has the best animation quality for the whole season.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 23:58   Link #269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
out of all the rest, I'd say Fortune arterial has the best animation quality for the whole season.
Well, maybe not "animation quality", but it certainly has very nice art and character designs. The animation itself is generally serviceable (some nice techniques here and there), with episode 5 over-employing a bit of a questionable technique to show more scenes then they could afford to animate (which you can probably blame on the more novice storyboard artist/episode director -- it's poor shot planning). Overall, though, I certainly think this show looks good, visually speaking.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:12   Link #270
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Holy crap, what's with the stills, lack of movement, and random shots focusing on people's asses? (But there were no stills of ass shots) I did seriously laugh at the random costume scenes. Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't think Kiriha was hawt though I wish she wasn't so ridiculously cliche (her lines are like grabbed from the big book of them ). But sometimes you just don't care about these things.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 13:34   Link #271
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for FA 06 - カナデテハルナオモイ (Playing the Feelings of Spring):
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 14:16   Link #272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2010-11-12, 14:37   Link #273
KariOhki

Spoiler for episode 6:
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 14:49   Link #274
Haak
Forever Alone...

Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2010-11-12, 15:05   Link #275
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This was ... an ok episode i guess, though i am having a bit hard time pinning how i exactly felt about it. The mood was generally handled well (and it was actually animated this time around, yay!), but the development was rather ...rushed isn't exactly the word i am searching for, bluntly straight forward perhaps ? It's like the director announced "Ok, we are going to cover Haruna's story in this one episode, get to it!", and that's what they did. You could feel the director's heavy hand on the shoulder, hurrying things along. Not quite rushed, but not nearly as elaborate as it could have been.

Generally, i think the foreshadowing regarding Haruna's amnesia has been pretty weak - it's like they were trying to keep it as a big secret up to now, with every reference and hint being so vague and roundabout i wonder if those hints amounted to anything in the end to anyone who wasn't a game player, before it was dropped straight in to our laps. Personally i wouldn't be surprised if people find this episode quite melodramatic, which would be a side effect of forcing the whole issue and resolution in a single episode only (and the speaking in unison near the end is unlikely to help things ).

I guess there is a limit to how much one can do with Haruna's story without bringing romance in to it, which isn't really an option (sadly, if you ask me ) for the anime, but still ... i believe fleshing out the interactions of the trio and distributing the whole package over a larger amount of time would have done a lot in terms of making it feel more natural.

So ...yeah. I liked the overall tone of the episode, how it relates to the main theme and Kouhei himself in a way, and the art was a treat to look at, but story wise it really got trimmed short and compressed, with the compressed version still being a tad too much for one episode to contain, in my opinion. Ah well, there is always the game to fall back on (If i can get the darn thing working on windows 7 ). A few *wink * *wink* moments that the game players would pick up as well. Not a bad episode overall, but not really tickling my personal fancy.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:11   Link #276
Haak
Forever Alone...

The only good thing about this is Kohei immediately said what I was thinking at the time: To just talk with your sister and clear it all up. Problem solved.

And they actually did.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:24   Link #277
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Indeed, and that is one good thing about Kohei - unlike most protagonists we are used to seeing in shows of similar setup, he actually gets things done. He isn't clueless, oblivious or passive - if a problem appears, he will actually try and do something about it, rather than drifting along until a solution presents itself. In a way, Kouhei himself was one of the reasons which made Fortune Arterial stand out for me - shock and horror, the male lead was actually competent and genuinely likable for once.
Old 2010-11-12, 16:36   Link #278
Johnny
Working the bags...

Take them both Kohei! I'm sure they'd go for it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 17:11   Link #279
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I dunno if it was me, but the quality of this episode was drastically a letdown for me.
Although last week was a clipshow, the design was consistant all around, but this week, there were a lot of instances where characters didn't have a consistent design, especially Haruna here and there (notably, her discussion with kouhei in front of the black board during the early part of this episode).

Suffice to say, this episode confirms the director has -too much- liking regarding theatergoing, which makes the whole presentation way too cheesy. The basis of the issue was identical, but cramming everything and wrapping this way wasn't a service at all. I dunno, I personally think they could spread this issue over few episodes with Kanade progressively going more clingy over time.
It is a pity, since Haruna's route was actually a refreshing one regarding your usual "amnesia" overused plot line, which makes the whole progress not so special, despite it went naturally without your running mill cliché.

It seems they just pushed everything on the watchers' face for the hell of showing "there, we got a problem". Of course, they did pull some foreshadowing portions, but they weren't really that numerous, and the only real clues were sort of random for those who didn't read the VN.

Might be a foolish idea to expect something different, but I guess it will be Shiro's little show next week, as we have a very obvious pattern... (that and the preview).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-12 at 17:23.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 18:58   Link #280
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Episode 6 -- and ep5, to be honest -- was a let-down for me, too. It just seemed pretty limp, much as I sympathize with both sisters. Maybe it's partly that I want more vampire in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
Let me get this straight. Does anyone here not have amnesia?
I don't know about the rest of you, but I do.

Actually, I like the amnesia meme -- although I don't think they played it that well here. The fact that a show uses common memes doesn't make it cliched for me, as long as they play the memes well, and with some inventiveness.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire