AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 04:11   Link #381
Cosmic Eagle
StilleNacht Heilige Nacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
なっ!I have the firm belief that eroge VA should just keep their faces hidden even if they are using aliases in the anime!! Hm, exception perhaps would be Sakuraki Harumi (Kazane)...
huh? Aliases in the anime? If that were true, then Iori's seiyuu would have some western blood at the least...
Old 2010-12-19, 04:26   Link #382
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

why? I mean, what do you mean by that?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 06:19   Link #383
Cosmic Eagle
StilleNacht Heilige Nacht

Quote:
why? I mean, what do you mean by that?
His seiyuu in the VN goes by a Western name....Kevin Spicy or something IIRC.
Old 2010-12-19, 11:52   Link #384
taichi-kun

They didn't explain why kiriha is a servant... T.T
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 14:44   Link #385
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
According to this seiyuu pseudonym site, "Kevin Spicy" ケビン・スパイシー is a pseudonym for Suwabe Junichi, who plays the role in the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun
They didn't explain why kiriha is a servant...
Did it really need explaining? She was made long ago, judging from what is said. Maybe the real question is why she is at this school, and why the siblings didn't recognize her before.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-12-19 at 14:54.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 20:55   Link #386
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
perhaps alias was the wrong word, by pseudonyms are used by VAs who do adult VNs in the VNs, so since it's a fake name, it doesn't mean that he has western blood, right?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:03   Link #387
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
perhaps alias was the wrong word, by pseudonyms are used by VAs who do adult VNs in the VNs, so since it's a fake name, it doesn't mean that he has western blood, right?
Well, yeah. I mean, it's an extremely obvious (and hilarious) rip-off name (Kevin Spacey anyone? ).
Old 2010-12-19, 21:12   Link #388
Midonin
Last Engage

All it means is that Suwabe enjoys a little wordplay. If I had the chance to create an alias for myself, I'd do the same thing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 03:17   Link #389
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
They didn't explain why kiriha is a servant... T.T
Well with the limited episodes they have, and the need to somewhat fast-foward some scenes in order to get things... It just had to happen sadly
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 23:56   Link #390
Mazryonh

Speaking of seiyuu, I'm surprised that Nabatame Hitomi gets those ice-cold warrior lady roles in anime now, but she still gets cutesy girly characters in eroge, like Kanade in this one. Is that because roles for icy women in eroge is rare, while cutesy girls like Kanade are common in eroge? Or is it for some other reason?

It'd be nice to hear more of Nabatame Hitomi in roles like these.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 13:26   Link #391
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Fortune Arterial 12 - Unified:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 14:19   Link #392
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ep 12:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 14:20   Link #393
Manic
real men love pink

I think this show would have actually been better with resetting the universe like the others. I didnt care much for the ending and the route itself was kind of lame (I dont like vague incomplete endings). My fav girl and whos route would have been interesting to see was Kuze
Old 2010-12-24, 14:22   Link #394
Key Board
Donut

I'm going to echo what the Japanese viewers feel about this show

゚Д゚

what the hell was that?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 14:48   Link #395
Haak
Come At Me Bro.

Ridiculously anti-climactic. If the soltuon was that simply then what the hell was the problem?
Old 2010-12-24, 14:51   Link #396
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

After Yosuga no Sora, this more conventional approach to converting an ero-game seems pretty colorless, doesn't it?

But I enjoyed the series. It was a minor show well done, with especially nice character design and good voices.

The final episode was particularly limp, but I enjoyed my last half-hour with these characters, and see at least some hope for a second season.

The TV special that aired before the episode has shown up on a Japanese streaming site. It was not anything great, but was a nice opportunity to see Nabatame Hitomi and Taguchi Hiroko, who were the hosts of the show.

My favorite moment of the show came last week, the scene of Erika with her fangs in Kouhei's neck.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 15:02   Link #397
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 12 with some game comparisons:
Old 2010-12-24, 15:20   Link #398
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Talk about a letdown ending...
I don't know, like sky, I expected Erika's "good" ending as there was no way in 12 frozen hells to have the true ending.
However, this original ending was basically ridiculous: they altered Kaya to the point the whole issue was arguably not even one to begin with. Her motivations were also barely touched so to speak, so in the end, for anyone who doesn't know the original story, it will just leave them with a giant "?" on their head.

It is way too compelling in term of dramatic exposure and corny aspect, instead of actual content.
And no, it isn't really an issue with the "anime setup" or screentime left: they had largely the material and time to use the normal ending, but they basically used as false "happy ever after", while leaving the whole romance point completely left in the void.

I can't use any other word except "disappointment" to describe what I feel about this adaptation.
Old 2010-12-24, 15:22   Link #399
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
After Yosuga no Sora, this more conventional approach to converting an ero-game seems pretty colorless, doesn't it?

But I enjoyed the series. It was a minor show well done, with especially nice character design and good voices.

The final episode was particularly limp, but I enjoyed my last half-hour with these characters, and see at least some hope for a second season.

The TV special that aired before the episode has shown up on a Japanese streaming site. It was not anything great, but was a nice opportunity to see Nabatame Hitomi and Taguchi Hiroko, who were the hosts of the show.

My favorite moment of the show came last week, the scene of Erika with her fangs in Kouhei's neck.
Not sure if the normal approach feels colorless or if it was just the way the series handled the ending. In a sense nothing really was resolved here. Long term nothing has really been changed. She's going to get so dependent on Kohei's blood that she'll have to make him a servant or he'll die of natural causes and she'll fall apart. There wasn't really anything settled on the romantic front, being good friends though with room to grow down the road.

It was an ok series though definitely getting more of a taste for the different way of handling this kind of series.
Old 2010-12-24, 15:24   Link #400
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I see no reason to compare series that have little to nothing in common, whereas one is betting a lot on "daring content", while the other has a very liberal and corny interpretation of the original story.

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire