AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2010-12-24, 15:39   Link #401
morphex

Just finished watching last episode, and I could say that anime is fail. Its was worse than I expected. Playing the game brings totally different atmosphere and also story is different in many points. Ending is bad, nothing resolved. Kiriha route is awesome in game (better then Erika route) but in anime nothing revealed. Also anime doesnt have any sad moment (only good episode was the one with Haruna story). Bad music compared to game OST.bah i really hate the authors of anime they just ruined it as much as they can, only think i liked was the nicely done fireworks
morphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 15:52   Link #402
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphex View Post
Just finished watching last episode, and I could say that anime is fail. Its was worse than I expected. Playing the game brings totally different atmosphere and also story is different in many points. Ending is bad, nothing resolved. Kiriha route is awesome in game (better then Erika route) but in anime nothing revealed. Also anime doesnt have any sad moment (only good episode was the one with Haruna story). Bad music compared to game OST.bah i really hate the authors of anime they just ruined it as much as they can, only think i liked was the nicely done fireworks
^ I agree with this, this serie was very bad, Yosuga no Sora with all the limitations and the vague and alternate ending was 100 times better.

Btw, someone can made a summary of the different routes and ending of the vn? Expecilly the true end of Erika route.

Current manga list
Claymore | Yumekui Merry | Uwa Koi | Berserk | Aku no Ana

Last edited by Fnights; 2010-12-24 at 16:10.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 16:08   Link #403
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*sigh*

To say i am disappointed with the ending would be the understatement of the week. They had two climatic endings to choose from, both of which would offer significant closure to the story, yet instead they went the anime original route ... with such a corny and generic resolution it doesn't even come close to doing justice to the original, nor the characters. Just ...why ? Unless this is their way of saying "Read the VN if you want a real ending", i don't see what prompted them in this direction. I feel like i should feel insulted on behalf of the original scenario

Even looking at the ending on it's own, i can't help but feel it is weak and inconclusive. Nothing really got solved, and Erika's bloodlust issues are right were they were several episodes ago. What is their long-term solution ? What of when Kouhei has to leave the school ? What of when he dies ? A shouting contest with Kaya, and several cheesy sentences later, we are right back where we started. There was no finality in this final episode, not even a paradigm shift.

And don't get me even started on the romance side, or more precisely - the lack of it. The setup was there, and opportunities countless to make it something more than a tease that never happened. Again, a decision i simply do not understand. They have removed the romance, they never touched the real deal behind vampires, and they removed an actual ending. What we have left is this watered down version of the original, and i find myself asking "why". I suppose this might be their way of trying to hook people on the VN, but i am not sure how effective of a hook the anime has been as a whole, as they have removed all the juicy parts. The hook is there, but you have no bait - not many fish are going to fancy that, i would think.

So ...yeah, i could go on, but what is there to say - i didn't like the ending, nor the fact it wasn't much of an ending to begin with. What they have succeeded at, is making the finale a very bland deal, where it was far from the case originally.

Too tired today, but might write up a comparison to the corresponding game events tomorrow (unless relentless or Klash beat me to it). Suffice to say, there are some rather drastic and meaningful differences.
Old 2010-12-24, 16:15   Link #404
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Too tired today, but might write up a comparison to the corresponding game events tomorrow (unless relentless or Klash beat me to it). Suffice to say, there are some rather drastic and meaningful differences.
Thanks, i will appreciate if you or someone else who have played the whole game made for us a summary of the events and the different endings. I will never play the vn anyway cause language barrier.

Current manga list
Old 2010-12-24, 16:36   Link #405
ninja_pintu

Spoiler for final impressions:
Old 2010-12-24, 16:48   Link #406
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Thanks, i will appreciate if you or someone else who have played the whole game made for us a summary of the events and the different endings. I will never play the vn anyway cause language barrier.
If you wish to know all of the different endings, asking in the game's thread would be the better option - listing them here would be kinda offtopic. The one relevant to the anime would be Erika's ending, as they were already halfway there.
Old 2010-12-24, 17:26   Link #407
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If you wish to know all of the different endings, asking in the game's thread would be the better option - listing them here would be kinda offtopic. The one relevant to the anime would be Erika's ending, as they were already halfway there.
Oh thanks, didn't know about that thread, i've already find all the summary you already written there.
Since the beginning i didn't have big expectations from this serie, but after reading your summaries i can surely say that this anime adaption was a uber crap, they never follow both normal nor true end of Erika ending (since seems they focus more on her), instead we have an inconcludent and useless ending. What a joke.

Current manga list
Old 2010-12-24, 17:41   Link #408
andy

What a big let down , i thought they going to do at least part of the true ending .
The anime only ending just made things even worst as nothing was explain .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 17:42   Link #409
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-12-24, 17:45   Link #410
Jerseykid

They can't even tell us why Kohei was "special". Absolutely dreadful ending as far as I am concerned.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 18:15   Link #411
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
I only can say one thing : Crappy Original Ending

And after take a look at epilogue again, is that miya ? new chara in PS3 version
Old 2010-12-24, 19:41   Link #412
Wigwams

damn... the only thing i can think to make it acceptable is that they are planning a s2, or they are saving it up for the ova.
Old 2010-12-24, 21:02   Link #413
otoko

I watched and hope it would be good ending
When I watch last episode, I think it really worse!
otoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 23:23   Link #414
larethian

FAIL!

Just a question to those who have NOT played the VN, after watching this, how keen does this make you in wanting to try playing the VN?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 23:52   Link #415
Manic
real men love pink

it doesnt make me wanna play it, some ppl dont have the time or patience to play them let alone find a good english patch for them.

All it manages to do is piss me off, makes me delete the series from my hard drive, and then I search out for someone who can summarize so i can fill in the rest of the story
Old 2010-12-25, 00:18   Link #416
Wrath88
Kissing...

Even for someone who's never played the game, this ending sucked. It's like screaming 'friendship overcomes all', and Erika doesn't even seem to be suffering any effects of her bloodlust despite all the trouble she had earlier.
Old 2010-12-25, 01:00   Link #417
Zexas

OK I'll make this one really clear,

If this whole 12 episode like a prelude to S2 (which I highly doubt it) then I would call it okay series. As a stand alone series I would call it utter disappointment and I'm still using polite wording here..........

Seriously they really should stick with just one route instead of combining True End with Erika End plus garbage ending. I could rant all day but again it could discredited the original game that is such a true beauty.

PLAY THE GAME! It totally different from the anime and for the better or the worse the anime didn't give you much information hence I could still guarantee the satisfaction. Or read the manga adaptation which is still far much better than the anime.

Haaah such a disappointment, a fail adapatation from an absolutely beautiful game . (I even got teary a little bit in the last scene of True End Route)
Old 2010-12-25, 01:13   Link #418
lightsenshi
Author

One word: SCORE!!
Old 2010-12-25, 01:15   Link #419
Gibber

Ok, so the lack of explanations was annoying but then as I was watching the last 5 minutes, I kept waiting for the kiss and it never came!

Well, time to wait for the VN to be translated.
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 01:35   Link #420
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire