AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 17:03   Link #181
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

The Crazies and Jacob's Ladder.
Nadeko_Sengoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 20:57   Link #182
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@AtomicoX: That's the John Cussak movie, right? Fun film, a little predictable, but still a lot of fun.
Some time ago I lent my copy of Grosse Point Blank to some friends who have yet to return it. I've waited long enough and will be picking it up so I can watch it again. It's much better than its 7.4/10 rating at IMDB would suggest. Cusack, Minnie Driver, and Dan Akyroyd were in fine form throughout this film, but I thought John's sister Joan really stole the movie.
Spoiler for if you've seen the movie:
I sometimes think Joan is the better actor of the two, even though she doesn't get many parts. Looking back over her IMDB resume, her appearance in Working Girl is the role which first caught my attention. I notice she's turned her talents to voice acting more recently with the choice part of Jessie in the Toy Story sequels.

Just saw a few moments of Minnie Driver as the graduate student goddess in Good Will Hunting the other night when my daughter was re-watching it with some friends. Driver is just so yummy when she's portraying the complex intellectual with a strong sexual drive.

I do wish I had thought of IMDB back in those days of Internet entrepreneurship. What really must pay the bills is IMDB's value to the Hollywood community. My guess is someone who lived there realized what a gold mine a complete web site about film would turn out to be. I'd guess everyone in the industry pays for IMDBPro. It has such a geeky name, too, the "internet movie data base."

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-07-30 at 21:21.
SeijiSensei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 21:07   Link #183
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Zack and Miri make a #%$@0 ... definitively not for kids but I found that the love story between Miri and Zack was rather tasteful. Miri had a beautiful expression of fulfillment after she finally "hooked up" with Zack.... so to speak - Yeap Miri's facial expressions + some funny scenes made it a an enjoyable flick to watch....at least for me.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 20:08   Link #184
Haladflire65
*Artist

Inception.... it was amazing and not as complicated as everyone was saying. I think it's one of my favourite movies now.
Old 2010-08-03, 17:51   Link #185
MetalCookie
Rawr.

All Season 1 of "School Rumble", I enjoyed it.
Old 2010-08-04, 20:50   Link #186
Mashda2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Zack and Miri make a #%$@0 ... definitively not for kids but I found that the love story between Miri and Zack was rather tasteful. Miri had a beautiful expression of fulfillment after she finally "hooked up" with Zack.... so to speak - Yeap Miri's facial expressions + some funny scenes made it a an enjoyable flick to watch....at least for me.
Spoiler:
Mashda2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:23   Link #187
YoSneaky

Death of a Ghost Hunter.

It's a low budget movie you can find on Netflix, but I think it's amazing.
YoSneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 06:22   Link #188
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Crazy Night - Hilarious show love the end ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 09:47   Link #189
Zotis
Rank #35

I recently watched El Cid (1961). A brilliant movie starring Charlton Heston about Spain's national hero.
Zotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 10:32   Link #190
Lilithium
Banned

I watched Clash of the Titans(2010). I was awfully disappointed by the quality of the movie.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 12:06   Link #191
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just recently marathoned Gods and Generals (2003) and Gettysburg (1993). (Chronologically speaking, Gods and Generals occurs before Gettysburg) Long movies, but damn they were good.

I can't believe that they can't get funding for what had originally been planned to be the final part of the trilogy, The Last Full Measure. It's because of bad box office numbers, not because the movie was bad. Pretty disappointing. I hope they can make it one day.
Old 2010-08-05, 12:38   Link #192
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

I just watched Train Man (Densha Otoko). It's a pretty good movie.
Old 2010-08-05, 14:04   Link #193
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Sinbad: Legend Of The Seven Seas. Damn good movie; it's a shame it flopped at the box office.
Old 2010-08-06, 00:26   Link #194
Zotis
Rank #35

I rarely pay attention to the box office.

Last "new" movie I really enjoyed was The Book of Eli.

A very excellent secular portrail of Christianity unlike the typical, "Christians are self righteous hypocrites, superficial brainwashed Bible thumpers, or power mongering politicians (like the Pope)."

It was also an interesting take on the Post-Apocalypse scenario.

Still though, it lacked that special something to make it a true work of art.
Old 2010-08-07, 11:27   Link #195
The Master
*Author

Last movie I watched was Kung Fu Hustle, great movie. I have seen it several times now and it still makes me laugh
Old 2010-08-07, 11:41   Link #196
Chrisjon
In 7/4 tyme

Inception.
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2010-08-07, 15:41   Link #197
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Watched a documentary and one thing lead to another . Ended up reading on some mythos . So planning to watch the other Beowulf's which preceded the 2007 version .

The movies look interesting but nothing in the range of spectacular to awesome . More than the movies itself its the actors who have gotten me interested .

Gerard Butler in 2005 Beowulf & Grendel and Christopher Lambert in 1999 version of it .

I think I might have seen Butler's version on DVD but not sure
Old 2010-08-15, 16:04   Link #198
james0246

The Other Guys - There's some truly hilarious moments and some great characters in this damn fine action-comedy. 81/100.

Expendables - Strangely plot intensive action film that harkens back to the good ol' days of the blow-everything-up action films of the 80s. Sadly enough, because there is so much focus on constructing some semblance of a plot, there are nowhere near enough action scenes. 70/100.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - very uneven, yet often brilliant, comedy/action/romance. I easily rank this film as one of the best of the summer, but while watching I couldn't help but imagine how much better the film would have been if the romance wasn't so hollow (it certainly doesn't help that it is very hard to root for Scott at any point in the film, and his added skill points in maturity at the end seems very tacked on to a plot that was intiially only about Ramona's baggage; it also doesn't help that 3 of the Evil-Exs are ridiculously unneeded (the twins don't even get a background, or any lines of dialogue ))...oh well, it’s still a fun geektastic film. 80/100.

Eat Pray Love - never read the book and I have no plans to, but I like the actors and actresses, so I thought, "what the hell"...and boy was I bored. It was a nice concept (that I've seen done many times before and often better), but even some decent acting on the part of the leads couldn't make up for this snoozefest. 52/100.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-15 at 16:15.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 16:05   Link #199
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The Other Guys - There's some truly hilarious moments and some great characters in this damn fine action-comedy. 81/100.
Oh damn I wanted to see the other guys, Will ferrel is so awesome
So you're reccomending it?
Old 2010-08-15, 16:22   Link #200
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Oh damn I wanted to see the other guys, Will ferrel is so awesome
So you're reccomending it?
I would definitely recommend the film. For me The Other Guys is Ferrell’s best comedy to date, and Wahlberg is simply hysterical as the 2nd lead (really, everyone is very good). The story is also actually relevant to our times (since it deals with white-collar crimes and other economic issues), which is a bit surprising but still lots of fun.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live-action, movie, movies