AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 44 26.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 23.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 22.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 22.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-07, 03:11   Link #81
kyosak
poo

Yes, I agree the songs from the first season were much better (though this was somewhat expected? For me anyway).

The first thing I noticed was how pretty the picture was, lol... I don't know about the details but I really feel like the animation is top notch here... I had fun just staring at all the scenes!

The episode itself was surprisingly entertaining as well. This show is good at having not much of a plot and delivering fun 20 minutes every week, lol... Glad to have another show to watch :P
Old 2010-04-07, 03:11   Link #82
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Awesome OP (both in visual style and song), weak ED. New ED outfits > old ED outfits, though.

A slow start of the new season, but that pretty much falls in line with season 1, so I expect the later episodes to make the show even better. Judging by the preview, episode 2 should be a good one.

Yui's guitar solo at the start of the episode was pure win, though she hasn't changed a bit overall (and the same goes for the rest).
Old 2010-04-07, 03:51   Link #83
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

That aside though, I did enjoy the episode. And lol, Mio has a doppleganger.

Spoiler:
now thats just... kinda weird...
i'm not surprised if there's also fanarts of her too
GYROZETTER
Old 2010-04-07, 03:51   Link #84
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

OP 3/10 --- Son, Im disappoint
ED 7/10 --- Decent tune
Insert Song "School Anthem" 10/10 --- I cried

Showed many new faces, i like that. More moe can't be wrong, right?
Old 2010-04-07, 04:06   Link #85
kitten320

Just saw it with subtitles. Actually the episode was quiet good, I did enjoy it^^
Next one will be fun, liked that part in manga

And go Yui! Join the Judo club! you won't regret it
Though don't expect any tea and cakes
Old 2010-04-07, 05:48   Link #86
wingman32x

Watched episode 1, and it was pretty good. Classic K-on humor. Yui was pretty funny this episode. I wonder how they're going to recruit new members. It was pretty funny seeing them try though, especially the "Faint Method" lol. About the music, the OP was a disaster IMO. Just awful. It MIGHT grow on me, but for now I don't like it. The first OP is MILES better than this. The ED was pretty good though. Overall, a solid first episode that did a good job of re-introducing the plot and characters to the non-manga reading audience (which I'm a part of).

OP: 3/10
ED: 7/10

Overall Episode: 8/10. A good start!
Old 2010-04-07, 06:21   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

1. Why does everyone feed Azunyan food and drink? Even Jun!

2. What's with strawberries, cream and Mio...*gets slapped*

3. Mugi looked so happy when seeing the girls together. She has some insidious plan rolling!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-07, 06:31   Link #88
kitten320

Most importantly she never resists
Old 2010-04-07, 07:16   Link #89
Mashed

The OP is growing on me a bit, but I like the old one way better. I do like the ED though. Also, I absolutely love the ED outfits <3

I think Sawako took a hint from Yukari-sensei when she put them all in the same class so she didn't have to memorise new names. :P
Old 2010-04-07, 07:22   Link #90
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

Well, for first episode...it wasn't that bad. I was a bit surprised with the OP. First time I heard a Chipmunk style OP XD But after hearing it a few times, I kinda like it. You'll get used to it after a few episodes. As for the ED, what's with Double Mio? Mio is already popular, no need to push it XD Actually not only on the ED, but when they were singing the anthem, another Mio with glasses can be seen behind her. Too much Mio in the first episode. Makes you think she has a twin. But the ED is good. I like their style especially Ritsu's and Yui's. Song is good too.

I'm not surprised to see Jun in the OP. In the manga, she got more appearance. Also, can't wait to hear new songs ^^

The one I like the most in the episode is Yui's guitar practice. Totally EPIC WIN!
Old 2010-04-07, 07:35   Link #91
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou17 View Post
The one I like the most in the episode is Yui's guitar practice. Totally EPIC WIN!
I agree. That was a perfect way to open up the season. It just seemed so...fitting lol.
Old 2010-04-07, 07:36   Link #92
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

<ANNOUNCER VOICEOVER>Mugi, the keyboardist for a high school light music club, has secretly replaced her bandmates' tea with Red Bull. Let's find out what happens . . .

And that succinctly describes the new K-ON OP. Possibly the ED too. Both of which I like. Even though the OP is absolutely epileptastic. Now I'm off to find the new episode with subtitles, since I've forgotten all the Japanese I've learned since watching Haruhi back in 2009.
Old 2010-04-07, 07:40   Link #93
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I liked the OP video.

OP?

EUUUUURGH.

Chipmunk much?

Even for the Japanese, it was just overloaded with it. Didn't like it.

Otherwise, ok.

Too bad they missed out the performance though.

But I WANT THE FIRST SONG IN THE BEGINNING.

I WANT IT NOW.

Though the person saying the sponsors and everything? That's REALLY funny compared to the OP. XD
Old 2010-04-07, 08:58   Link #94
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Hmmm. I figured I wouldn't have the time for this anymore, like I did for the first season. I figured the fluff jokes characteristic of this series should have worn thin on me by now. I figured this wouldn't interest me quite as much anymore, not enough to keep me watching weekly like I used to.

Then I saw Episode 1 is up, and opened it up just for the heck of it.

Nope, nothing's changed at all. I still get the pleasant sugar-high right from the get go, and I'm addicted once again already. I'm following this once more. 8/10.
Old 2010-04-07, 09:18   Link #95
Kon the Magnificent

I loved the first episode. The opening, I instantly adored, and it became better after seeing Azusa's scene with Ui and Jun. The ending was cool, loved Ritsu in it, as I did in the opening.

As for the episode itself, it was good. Yui's practice was excellent to watch, and I felt a shiver go through me watching her play. As usual the K-on club is pretty...'clueless' about how to gather new club members, and with Yui's frog statue, it's pretty impossible to get new members. I laughed watching Jun casually 'feed' Azusa some of her juice, and Azusa didn't even bat an eye...she must be used to it.

The preformance concert...well...I wish it was longer...but I guess it won't be until they reveal a new song for the girls to play

Also....can't wait for next episode...welcome back K-on
Old 2010-04-07, 09:24   Link #96
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

This first episode was really good. They find a way( KyoAni does) to keep the jokes and comedy fresh and keeps the watcher involved with the show. Everyone is still the same though. (Even though his week was more Yui - Azu-nyan centric)
I also liked how they brought some jokes from the first season
Old 2010-04-07, 09:43   Link #97
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Was a great start to new season of K-On it was at ok-ish level until the recruitment 'tactics' then I completely remembered why I enjoyed the first season so much . I thought the new OP is great, ED was good, and insert song was very well placed though unexpected.

Initial rating for season 2: 10 was plenty Azu-nyan in this episode .
Old 2010-04-07, 09:46   Link #98
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Hmmm. I figured I wouldn't have the time for this anymore, like I did for the first season. I figured the fluff jokes characteristic of this series should have worn thin on me by now. I figured this wouldn't interest me quite as much anymore, not enough to keep me watching weekly like I used to.

Then I saw Episode 1 is up, and opened it up just for the heck of it.

Nope, nothing's changed at all. I still get the pleasant sugar-high right from the get go, and I'm addicted once again already. I'm following this once more. 8/10.
Hahaha... just like potato chips... or fries... no real nutritional value... but before you know it... the bag is empty or the pile is gone... and then you feel guilty and have to go for an addition set of reps during your next work out.

Empty calories... but still... not so bad once in awhile.
Old 2010-04-07, 10:13   Link #99
kitten320

I still like how Ritsu falls over, probably my most favorite scene in whole episode, watched it many times
Old 2010-04-07, 10:20   Link #100
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

OP was chipmunky, and I thought Yui's voice was already loli-high.