AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 08:37   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

Windows 7 and old games that don't work in full screen

I decided to play Eien no Aseli and Farland Symphony yesterday. But it seems I can't run them in full screen. I went and check by trial and error today on Eien no Aseli and is the option "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" that is making the program inaccessible. I mean I run the game and it just stay minimized and when I click it the screen goes black and then back to desktop. Turning that option off I can play the game. Does anyone know a solution where I don't need to turn off that option?
Old 2010-04-08, 04:10   Link #2
Tiberium Wolf

Humm... no answer. T_T

Anyway found another annoying problem. If I have "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" turned off I get a screen tear in my video playbacks. T_T

Man more stupid things like this and I get back to WinXP.
Old 2010-04-08, 05:49   Link #3
TCman

Hi,

What you can try is use VMWare (free for personal use) and install Windows XP "within" Windows 7 (better than "XP mode" for Windows 7 Professional and higher). Many people in forums said this works well with the earlier mentioned games.

Or you can install Windows XP on an other Partition and use dual boot so you can choose which OS to start with.

And Windows 7 (and Vista) actually has more issues, e.g. some games that are originally released for the Windows 9x or even Windows XP platform won't work, but certain other games do work although mostly not without issues, really depends on the specific hardware and the combination with Windows 7 32bit/64bit; Windows 7 also lost the span mode with dual screens, so games that originally works with dual screens under Windows XP, now they won't work under Windows Vista/7; they either crash or the second screen just becomes a black screen.

Hope this can help you out,

Good luck!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 07:15   Link #4
Tiberium Wolf

Actually I have been using VirtualBox. I know that if I use VM with Xp it will work... but it's just annoying having a VM working eating resources.

Anyway I just another issue with other games. SE and BGM working fine but voice is not working at all.

Edit: tse tse tse... voice problem solved. Audio drivers issue. Yeah... 1 month ago there wasn't drivers for Win7. :/

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2010-04-08 at 08:11.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote