AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-02-15, 18:57   Link #661
Nosauz

lol fran, so true, there have been so many shitty endings not just in manga/anime, but in movies and books, that getting angsty over this is just somewhat scary. This doesn't even include real dissappointments that are not based on fiction but based on reality. Oh well Ichigo 100% was great, some other reconmmendations would be IO, and I"s though I"s is less innocent, and if you haven't read Yume de Aetera go pick that up asap, because that is really good
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 21:17   Link #662
kakakka

Quote:
Just because the male lead saw Aya hanging out with a guy (that guy is Aya's little brother), the male lead thought it's time to end the mess and confess to Nishino
Quote:
I'm not quite sure if that was the only reason...
Yes, its not the only reason, but that was the turning point where everything that would made the possibility of them going out to crumble. The final kick was Aya's "farewell" (From me...).
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 22:51   Link #663
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Yes, its not the only reason, but that was the turning point where everything that would made the possibility of them going out to crumble. The final kick was Aya's "farewell" (From me...).
I'm sure that if the mangaka could have gotten away with it, she would have had him rebound back to Aya after discovering the strange guy was her brother, and then rebounded back to that girl at the prep school, and then mysteriously introduce yet another girl (probably in the form of a transfer student), and then introduce an entirely new harem once he got out of school, and then create a new harem for each of the original characters just for kicks...

After all, why have a love triangle when you can have a huge convoluted chart of relationships where everyone is in love with everyone else who's in love with someone else who's......oh wait...that's her new manga.

Okay, maybe I'm just bitter about how annoying Hatsukoi Limited is
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:32   Link #664
Shift_

Oh...I'm thinking it was more planned to end with nishino than with aya. From the MIDDLE of the series (like chapter 70-80ish) the favor was pushed in Nishino's favor. There was more emphasis and a larger push on Junpei and Nishino's relationship.

Then throughout the series, it was more hinted that Nishino was the better girl (sneaking into Oumi, the class trip, the movie, the sticks etc) it's just the manga is so long that one wouldn't normally keep track of these things, and it becomes minor . Esp with the timeline release of manga (One chapter per week I believe it is), people tend to forget things that happen or minor events that they read about a year ago in a Manga, and tend only to focus on present events, which I guess is how it would seem that there was an 'equal' push to either Aya or Nishino...

So from that point there was basically over a year and a half worth of manga left...where it kept being pushed towards nishino. I read the manga in one go (basically over the period of 2 days), and I noticed it was a subtle push but slowly getting stronger. Than the final Aya rejection sequence in the school was like 13-14 chapters before the ending (makiing it like ~3 months before the final decision) but the line that grabbed me the most was "Right now, Nishino's sad face makes me sadder than toujou's tears" that's a REALLY powerful statement.

The time after that (around the last volume), I felt was compressed to the ending, we see Junpei go through some crazy maturity growth spurt in a short period of time (before Nishino leaves to France), and I felt it could of been stretched out to one or two more volumes at least.

All this is just IMO though...

I've heard some people say this was a last min rush decision (which girl), but based on the timeframe it takes for manga to be made (with my points above), I can't see this as being rushed at all.

Personally I felt it was annoying such a weak character could attract so many girls...seriously...I think this is the first Harem manga I found that the main character didn't make a decision until what felt like the last stretch...unlike others where it seems the main male character makes a decision...and continues to ATTEMPT to chase the one, and doesn't really get her until the last stretch. (I hope this makes sense...?) Although maybe I just haven't read enough harem manga, I've only read a few, Love hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, and I''s being the ones that jump to my mind immediately, I read I''s a LONG time ago so details are probably very sketchy on it.

The Author's notes on the last chapter in the omake states that she chose the ending the way it was out of what she felt was the best for the girls' happiness...she jokes that Nishino and Junpei's relationship is sketchy...but takes it back by stating that their future is very bright.

Last edited by Shift_; 2009-02-15 at 23:51.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:33   Link #665
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Okay, maybe I'm just bitter about how annoying Hatsukoi Limited is
I just attempted to try to read it...and gave up, it didn't grab me...soooo I'm not sure if I can even finish it.
Old 2009-02-16, 00:04   Link #666
kakakka

Quote:
I'm sure that if the mangaka could have gotten away with it, she would have had him rebound back to Aya...
Manaka is too nice to let Nishino down. He still have a slight feelings for Aya, but he want to kill it because he's too afraid to make Nishino sad.
Quote:
Oh...I'm thinking it was more planned to end with nishino than with aya.
Actually, I felt the same way... Honestly, that's what obstacles are meant to do.

No offense to Harem-lovers or Nishino-lovers, for me, from the beginning, I thought they are all obstacles against Manaka to get his feeling across Aya. His feelings of being committed to the girls made it hard for him to go for Aya. And I guess, I felt in the middle, that the author made it too far, and with Manaka making little improvement, she just made Manaka fall for Nishino, just to say he ended up with one of the girls. Again no offense.
Old 2009-02-16, 00:09   Link #667
Nosauz

well the explanation that he had fallen in love with the story she wrote was plausible. Plus at the end I believe aya did want junpei to love her back with the ending, since we the readers have very little knowledge of the novel. basically it probably need another 50 chapters to come up with a decent conclusion but unfortunately we were only graced with one, so I guess we just live with it as fans, though I have to say after a first read trhough I'll probably never read the story again, unlike love hina, ugh that series has made me its slave
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 00:11   Link #668
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_ View Post
So from that point there was basically over a year and a half worth of manga left...where it kept being pushed towards nishino. I read the manga in one go (basically over the period of 2 days), and I noticed it was a subtle push but slowly getting stronger. Than the final Aya rejection sequence in the school was like 13-14 chapters before the ending (makiing it like ~3 months before the final decision) but the line that grabbed me the most was "Right now, Nishino's sad face makes me sadder than toujou's tears" that's a REALLY powerful statement.
Forgive me if I remember it wrong (and sorry for I don't want to go to recheck the scene, cause I will probably end up reading the manga again if I touch the manga again, and I don't have the time to do so ) but the scene you mention is after the re-hook up from male lead x Nishino, right? (Aya and male lead got separated by a door...Aya confessed and since at that time the male lead was with Nishino again, so she got rejected??)

in my opinion, the author was searching desperately for an excuse to prove that in male lead's mind, Nishino was more important than Aya and hence we got that
"Right now, Nishino's sad face makes me sadder than toujou's tears" statement...and the male lead even went to Nishino's house at that very same day at night to get the "confirmation" from Nishino

to me, it was like the author found a weird way to hook up the male lead and Nishino (the Aya's little brother incident), then all of a sudden, we see male lead so determined in loving Nishino...the whole process is just too awkward.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:10   Link #669
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Forgive me if I remember it wrong (and sorry for I don't want to go to recheck the scene, cause I will probably end up reading the manga again if I touch the manga again, and I don't have the time to do so ) but the scene you mention is after the re-hook up from male lead x Nishino, right? (Aya and male lead got separated by a door...Aya confessed and since at that time the male lead was with Nishino again, so she got rejected??)

in my opinion, the author was searching desperately for an excuse to prove that in male lead's mind, Nishino was more important than Aya and hence we got that
"Right now, Nishino's sad face makes me sadder than toujou's tears" statement...and the male lead even went to Nishino's house at that very same day at night to get the "confirmation" from Nishino

to me, it was like the author found a weird way to hook up the male lead and Nishino (the Aya's little brother incident), then all of a sudden, we see male lead so determined in loving Nishino...the whole process is just too awkward.
That scene I agree was a little 'akward' but since manga seems to 'skip' in time and it's not like we see what goes on each day, I think it is implied that he really did think about this and didn't make a decision lightly. Seriously this Manga covered what 3.5 years (not counting the 4 year gap in the end) had something like 160 chapters...if we were to make each chapter flow one into another each chapter would of needed to cover over a week of their lives XD.

there was a point where I thought Aya was going to be the girl that was after they got into high school and there went a period of time where there was basically NO development on the Junpei x nishino front.

But again I believe the 'chosen' girl was definitely decided far ahead of time, but the author probably wanted to end the series quickly and rushed through it.
Old 2009-02-16, 04:10   Link #670
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

If people are still discussing about the series then maybe from an artist - point of view the ending was bang on target. Now if only Kawashita-sensei didn't screw up the confusing beginning of Hatsukoi Limited which i personally don't mind that much but it probably scared of many readers and was therefor stalled because of decreasing adience
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 08:52   Link #671
Fran~
floating away...

Come on... HL has nothing confusing... a lot of characters that's all... i dare you to try to read some Oh Great's Tenjou Tenge... that's confusing, Probably there is a lot more confusing manga than one with just a lot of characters.
Old 2009-02-16, 11:46   Link #672
kakakka

Lol. Oh Great is a master of twist and turns, I never finished any of his works.

Anyway, somebody said Ichigo 100 is like I"s. I'm more inclined that Ichigo 100% is more like Video Girl Ai.
Old 2009-02-18, 12:25   Link #673
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

actually, i always swithed my side when i was reading this manga.
some chapters make me switch for aya, some for satsuki, some for tsukasa...
but after seeing aya's tearful confession, my heart bursts into fire and my choice stayed for aya.
i still can't forget that chapter until now...sigh...man, its been 3 years now~
and that chapter made my expectation for 'aya x junpei' ending even higher.
only to be disappointed in the end...
if only i knew the ending before, i would just stop at volume 17 or 18...
hm~ if she really have no other choice other than "junpei x tsukasa' ending, i think she should at least make a special ending too for aya and satsuki...not just for misuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Years had past since the end of Ichigo100%... and still people can accept the end?...
If someone burns down my house I doubt I will forget or forgive no matter how much time passes. For most of those who aren't nishino fanboys the ending was pure crap, just because a few years have passed doesn't turn pure crap into a pile of gold. I think what most people are really pissed off about was the abrupt and nonsensical way in which the book finished. so many of us enjoyed it and followed along for the ride through all the ups and downs and then the ending just dropped out of the sky from nowhere.
thats right, dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Lol... life isn't perfect... it's non sense to be pissed off because of that. You can like it or not, that's fine... but to be pissed off because you don't have the end that you want, that's what i think it's pretty pointless.
i think not everyone are pissed by the ending, but disappointed...
because i didn't get mad when i saw the ending, but i felt so disappointed.
and u can't say its pointless...
everybody have their own opinion too, man
i think u'll be disappointed too if u already waited for 3 years just to know the truth that u won't get something that u always wanted
for this case, some fans already read the long story from volume 1 until volume 19 and of course some of em who read it from shonen jump magz waited for every chapters to be released in shonen jump...it started from 2002 and finished in 2005, if u really appreciate 'time' as something precious, 3 years is a long time...
and of course all of em have their own choice and hope, and all em are different from each other!
aya-fanboys were crushed the most, because at 1st the mangaka supposed to end aya with junpei , so from the very start they believed they would see aya with junpei in the end. and the truth that aya only got a minor ending like that really crushed their heart

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-02-18 at 13:29.
MINAMI KOTARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 14:09   Link #674
justavisitor

@Kamen rider Black/Black Rx (I mean minami kotaro XD)

No doubt the aya fans feel disappointed...well, there are ppl who rewrite the dialogue of the manga, rearrange the scene and makes it an "aya ending"...I saw it before and it helps aya fans like me to feel a bit better

well, I don't want to interfere with your battle against century king anymore, if you want to see aya ending, just search google and it should not be hard to find (too bad I don't have the "aya ending" anymore...)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-02-18, 14:23   Link #675
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Kamen rider Black/Black Rx (I mean minami kotaro XD)

No doubt the aya fans feel disappointed...well, there are ppl who rewrite the dialogue of the manga, rearrange the scene and makes it an "aya ending"...I saw it before and it helps aya fans like me to feel a bit better

well, I don't want to interfere with your battle against century king anymore, if you want to see aya ending, just search google and it should not be hard to find (too bad I don't have the "aya ending" anymore...)
ahahaha~ lol...
u really noticed who minami kotaro really is, huh?...
i already have that fanmade aya-ending...
its only makes me want the mangaka make the real aya ending even more
now i finally got ichigo 100% PS2 game...hope i can find aya and satsuki's ending
Old 2009-02-18, 14:26   Link #676
Fran~
floating away...

Shipping is bad...
Old 2009-02-18, 14:34   Link #677
justavisitor

I still remember the henshi hand-movement from black/black rx...and minami kotaro is the coolest hero ever of all the kamen riders (especially compared to the one who acts as Kamen rider Decade....)

Glad to know you saw that fanmade aya-ending...considering that guy has to search 17 volumes to find appropriate pics, that person really did a great job to create that aya-ending

And I am not shipping lol, I like all the girls in ichigo 100% but I like aya more XD
Old 2009-02-18, 14:53   Link #678
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

@justavisitor:
ahaha~ yeah...no one can compare kamen rider black!
i only like two kamen rider...black/black rx and kuuga...btw, i think this a lil bit off topic hahaha~ lol

@fran~:
shipping? what are u talking about...lol
...i like all the girls in ichigo 100% too...like i said before, the mangaka made me always switching my side before, but seeing aya's confession made me expect 'aya x junpei' ending...
how can u tell it was shipping?
Old 2009-02-22, 10:07   Link #679
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

me aya fan..

nvm its all manaka's fault.. he tought that aya had some1 so he went to tsukasa..

Aya should have better person then manaka.

i just bought the first 7vol's by viz media and started to read it over again..

forever aya fan!!

and if u loved Ichigo 100% so u will surely love Suzuka.
AyaToujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 11:08   Link #680
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

lol~ the ending makes me wish i had never read it

i'm okay with a heart stabbing story, but i prefer not a heart stabbing ending
i want a heart soothing ending...
it looks just like the mangaka left it unfinished
i guess the disappointment won't be cured too until she finished it
but i guess she won't.. because, the manga ended about 3 years ago

ah~ i hope kawashita mizuki san would make a new manga this year
something that can cure my disappointment.

i hv finished hatsukoi limited, and i think the ending is better than ichigo 100%
but the story is just too short and not as deep as ichigo 100%

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen