AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-09, 22:04   Link #21
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Would full 3d be enough? That's one of the more popular theories, based on job openings they had for 3d graphic specialists.

Interviews with the director have had him state this to be a "revolutionary" title for the franchise, so...
The cynic in me says that's yet another graphical upgrade, in which they just make all the Pokemon look 3D (meaning they use 3D models instead of pixel art). No change in gameplay.

But again, I tend to predict things and then the exact opposite would happen.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 23:04   Link #22
leodamine
Divine Akuma
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
I love Devil Survivor, but I don't think that as a tactics RPG that it really can't be considered revolutionary.
I'd say it'd be revolutionary from what Pokemon usually is though. Not revolutionary by normal standards though.

Also the concept of combining pokemon would be weird and awesome at the same time.
__________________
I wish I had a cool quote to put here
leodamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:03   Link #23
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Reverse starter elements please.
Retain classic Grass/Fire/Water, but add a new triangle. Sinnoh starters were nice in that regard, although more often than not, Infernape won compared to others. Except probably a defensive Empoleon.

Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, Water/Psychic, anyone? Two triangles.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 06:43   Link #24
Hikari no Clover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e1hzif.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/287gifp.jpg


new pics
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 06:48   Link #25
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Looking good actually, seems like they're going 3D.

@Who: Double triangles for starters are definitely a good way to go.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 07:02   Link #26
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 24
Well there we have another graphical update.
__________________

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 07:04   Link #27
Sciel
Etoilé
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Looks really good . This might be the first Pokemon game i will actually bother to play in a very long time =P
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 09:29   Link #28
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

I'd guess Shadow rather than Dark, but yeah that was my thinking too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I hope not. Epic facepalm even thinking about it. I mean, they're just colors...
Yeah sad to say, and when it comes down to it, people will complain. I know its just a color, but to other people its more than that. hahah we'll have to see when it reaches stateside. I'm guessing they'll let it slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
Wow, full 3D battle screen. and i'm guessing the touch screen side will show the HP, LVL, and attack list. this is actually pretty cool! although we might have to see what kinds of Pokemon they come up with. A lot were let down by both the story pacing and Pokemon designs in Pearl and Diamond.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:11   Link #29
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Those pics came from this site, I believe. It has more scans from the magazine:

http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/first-g...te-in-corocoro

Odd how Zoroark's shadow isn't attached to its left foot
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 11:25   Link #30
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Doesn't stop the media guardians from getting upset about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't underestimate those crazy people... People went crazy over Yugioh cards, people went crazy over "bad symbols" in Pokemon, so something like this is definitely going to call over some psychopath to sue Nintendo...
Not that they will win though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Yeah sad to say, and when it comes down to it, people will complain. I know its just a color, but to other people its more than that. hahah we'll have to see when it reaches stateside. I'm guessing they'll let it slip.
*sigh* ...I know, I'm just in denial that my country isn't totally a paranoid, frantic, lost cause.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 12:10   Link #31
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Reverse starter elements please.

Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, Water/Psychic, anyone? Two triangles.
Not a good triangle, since Dark is immune to Psychic. The only other triangle is Rock/Fighting/Flying, but it doesn't fit well with Fire/Water/Grass.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 12:14   Link #32
Who
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not a good triangle, since Dark is immune to Psychic. The only other triangle is Rock/Fighting/Flying, but it doesn't fit well with Fire/Water/Grass.
I know it's immune. But that's where the original typings come in. Dark/Fire and Water/Psychic. Dark beats Psychic, Water beats Fire. There's some balance in that. But hey, it's all wishful thinking.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:28   Link #33
Hikari no Clover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
are you guys REALLY satisfied with that kind of graphic
at least, think of how each game improved from the previous one
1st --> 2nd, we had colour, tons of new features: breeding, day/night time etc
2nd --> 3rd, everything improved because of performance of gba
3rd --> 4th, improved again since ds>gba
4th --> 5th , what? camera angle changed ??? its just like shift the angle to 45 degree on the map and on top of that, it is still on ds

i dont understand why nintendo is in such a hurry , is it because of monster hunter release in the end of year? plz, just put the game onto 3DS otherwise they are just going to ruin the series .......

(edit: the anime is still ongoing and Ash havent fought battle frontier yet )
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:48   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
which monster hunter? cuz MH Tri is coming out this month for english.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:52   Link #35
Hikari no Clover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
which monster hunter? cuz MH Tri is coming out this month for english.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on PSP, and no wonder one of the downloadable request would be Metal Gear hunting
__________________
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 00:44   Link #36
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Those pics came from this site, I believe. It has more scans from the magazine:

http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/first-g...te-in-corocoro

Odd how Zoroark's shadow isn't attached to its left foot
Oh...!
The new female main character is a ponytail?
The male's hat or something reminds me of those artificial brains in cartoons that sit in tubes and on a body for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
are you guys REALLY satisfied with that kind of graphic
at least, think of how each game improved from the previous one
1st --> 2nd, we had colour, tons of new features: breeding, day/night time etc
2nd --> 3rd, everything improved because of performance of gba
3rd --> 4th, improved again since ds>gba
4th --> 5th , what? camera angle changed ??? its just like shift the angle to 45 degree on the map and on top of that, it is still on ds

i dont understand why nintendo is in such a hurry , is it because of monster hunter release in the end of year? plz, just put the game onto 3DS otherwise they are just going to ruin the series .......
I don't see any problem with the graphics. Then again, as long as the graphics aren't horrible, I don't usually care.
Besides, like you are pointing out, most improvements are because of the change of the console. 5th generation is also on the DS, so of course it can't change much from what it was in the 4th generation. The graphics for the 4th generation were good enough, so no reason to complain all of a sudden.

You say put it on the 3DS, but you don't even know when that will be out...
And thanks for the nth "this series is going to crash" statement for a rather unconvincing reason.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 01:17   Link #37
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas, USA
Age: 23
I like the graphical update especially on the city, but they better not sacrifice a large and vast world for pretty graphics. Also with that angle they should include a panning option.

Fighting graphics look pretty much the usual, which is not a bad thing at all. I just hope the delay between moves is fixed.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion (JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL HOLY CRAP)
Wake Up, Girls!
Kill la Kill
The Garden of Words
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 01:50   Link #38
Hikari no Clover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh...!
The new female main character is a ponytail?
The male's hat or something reminds me of those artificial brains in cartoons that sit in tubes and on a body for some reason.



I don't see any problem with the graphics. Then again, as long as the graphics aren't horrible, I don't usually care.
Besides, like you are pointing out, most improvements are because of the change of the console. 5th generation is also on the DS, so of course it can't change much from what it was in the 4th generation. The graphics for the 4th generation were good enough, so no reason to complain all of a sudden.

You say put it on the 3DS, but you don't even know when that will be out...
And thanks for the nth "this series is going to crash" statement for a rather unconvincing reason.

Ash is supposed to get to a new island at the same time a new game released, this rule applied to all gens so far. its just exact the same as he broke all female main character's bike with pikachu's thunderbolt , that's one of the pokemon traditions.
__________________
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 01:59   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
are you guys REALLY satisfied with that kind of graphic
at least, think of how each game improved from the previous one
1st --> 2nd, we had colour, tons of new features: breeding, day/night time etc
2nd --> 3rd, everything improved because of performance of gba
3rd --> 4th, improved again since ds>gba
4th --> 5th , what? camera angle changed ??? its just like shift the angle to 45 degree on the map and on top of that, it is still on ds
Its not about looking different, there is a huge fundamental difference between 2D and 3D, it literally unlocks a whole different dimension.

That's if its not just a simple graphical change.

In 3D, you interact with the world different from 2D and it can change the way the game is played, whether its an enhancement or not, we still have to wait for more info.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 16:01   Link #40
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Hm, I was hoping that the next Pokemon game would be on a totally new system, just because I'm tired of the DS. It's got four reincarnations so far and a new one guaranteed; I thought that GBA getting three was really pushing it way back when.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nintendo, pokemon, pokemon black and white, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.