AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 05:15   Link #121
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I guess Zekrom for me.

I wonder what are their types.
Confirmed as part dragon apparently, so Dragon/???

Quote:
I swear, their names sound so familiar. Like they may be derived from Egyptian, Norse, or Babylonian gods or something.
Its possible, after all 2nd gen was the Sacred Beasts, 3rd Gens legendaries were derived from the Behemoth and the Leviathan.
Old 2010-05-29, 10:00   Link #122
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I guess Zekrom for me.

I wonder what are their types.
Reshiram looks like it will be either ice/dragon, flying/dragon or if they're feeling really ballsy then light/dragon.

I doubt that last one, but a man can dream.

Zekrom looks dark dragon, or maybe ghost dragon at most. For all we know he could be poison dragon though.

Anyways on another note, I can bet that if mewtwo was introduced in this gen, people would be complaining that they're running out of ideas anyways.
Old 2010-05-29, 11:31   Link #123
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

[quote]ice/dragon[/quote[
What ? oi oi o.o;

I don't know about you guys, but I really like the design for the legendary pokemon. I prefer the white one though....

I wonder whether there'll be a third legendary pokemon that act like Girantina in the last installment If both of these legendary pokemon represent black and white, so that means the third legendary pokemon will be....?

....If it's a fusion between the two of them then I'm seriously going to buy a new DS just to play this game My DS got broke after I accidently drop it in water.... >_>;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 15:21   Link #124
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I wonder whether there'll be a third legendary pokemon that act like Girantina in the last installment If both of these legendary pokemon represent black and white, so that means the third legendary pokemon will be....?
My guess the third legendary will be grey.
Old 2010-06-05, 07:53   Link #125
Notebook Darling

Pokemon Black & White

What? Another pokémon?!
Yes! A new generation pokémon. It's a bit too much for me now, but the new features and gameplay makes want to play it anyway.

more info: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/

What do you think?
Old 2010-06-05, 12:52   Link #126
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Seems word has it Shoko-tan let slip Zekrom is a legendary Elec/Dragon.
Old 2010-06-05, 13:08   Link #127
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

My goodness, I just settled down with Generation 4........
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 15:07   Link #128
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Seems word has it Shoko-tan let slip Zekrom is a legendary Elec/Dragon.
while it is good to see another Electric Leg, does it have to be another dragon?

Make it a Electric/Ground Type
Old 2010-06-05, 16:20   Link #129
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
while it is good to see another Electric Leg, does it have to be another dragon?

Make it a Electric/Ground Type
The only thing we have confirmed is that it is part dragon type. The eclectic part has not been 100% confirmed yet.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 16:31   Link #130
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
The only thing we have confirmed is that it is part dragon type. The eclectic part has not been 100% confirmed yet.
that still doesn't change the fact that there too many legendary dragons.
Old 2010-06-05, 17:04   Link #131
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I think there are too many legendaries period. But that's just my opinion so...

Can't wait for these, I never noticed how much we needed a revamp of the series till I seen the sceencaps.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 18:43   Link #132
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that still doesn't change the fact that there too many legendary dragons.
Or pseudo legendary dragons. Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence. Or wannabe dragon... reptile... whatever it is... Tyranitar.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 05:27   Link #133
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Tyranitar is probably more of a combination of a Tarasque and a Monitor Lizard.
Old 2010-06-06, 08:27   Link #134
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I actually don't mind more dragons. This just means my cute and cuddly Vaporeon will have more dragons to freeze. With ice beam of course. Or I can just go kamikaze and explode on them as the cunning Gengar. The possibilties are endless since there's always gonna be new dragons to kill. And since dragons are the most overused creatures, all the better to make them look inferior to you. But, If I wanted to have dragons on my side, I'd chose Gyarados and Milotic for the obvious reasons. They're both water types. I love water types. xD
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 10:42   Link #135
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Tyranitar is probably more of a combination of a Tarasque and a Monitor Lizard.
Which is why I put reptile as a precautionary backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuskull View Post
I actually don't mind more dragons. This just means my cute and cuddly Vaporeon will have more dragons to freeze. With ice beam of course. Or I can just go kamikaze and explode on them as the cunning Gengar. The possibilties are endless since there's always gonna be new dragons to kill. And since dragons are the most overused creatures, all the better to make them look inferior to you. But, If I wanted to have dragons on my side, I'd chose Gyarados and Milotic for the obvious reasons. They're both water types. I love water types. xD
Oh no, don't get me wrong; I like dragons or dragon-like stuff. If they were more like Flygon and whatnot, I'd be pleased. Just pseudo-legendaries (the ones treading legendary Pokemon base stats) tend to be dragons/reptiles, with the only exception being Metagross. Slaking too, if his ability didn't gimp him far beyond the usage of your average trainer. I want to see a little more variety with this category.
Old 2010-06-06, 12:11   Link #136
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
It seems to me though Dragon is the least common type of all the types in the Pokemon series. Sure usually the ones with the type are Pokemon with quite large base stats, but from what I've seen there has never been a lesser Pokemon with Dragon as a type.

Sure some are considered to be Dragons like Charizard, Gyarados, Kingdra, Sceptile, Flygon and Milotic. But they don't actually have the Dragon type so techniclly they aren't Dragon Pokemon despite being able to use Dragon-type attacks.

Also, I question how Garchomp got Dragon type when it looks more like a shark with legs. =p
Old 2010-06-06, 12:18   Link #137
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It seems to me though Dragon is the least common type of all the types in the Pokemon series. Sure usually the ones with the type are Pokemon with quite large base stats, but from what I've seen there has never been a lesser Pokemon with Dragon as a type.

Sure some are considered to be Dragons like Charizard, Gyarados, Kingdra, Sceptile, Flygon and Milotic. But they don't actually have the Dragon type so techniclly they aren't Dragon Pokemon despite being able to use Dragon-type attacks.

Also, I question how Garchomp got Dragon type when it looks more like a shark with legs. =p
kingdra does have dragon type
Old 2010-06-06, 14:45   Link #138
Who

Quote:

In addition to Kingdra, like Xellos mentioned, Flygon is a Ground/Dragon. And if you want a lesser Dragon type, it's name is Altaria. Although it makes a decent cleric.
Old 2010-06-07, 01:02   Link #139
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I think there are too many legendaries period. But that's just my opinion so...
I agree completely, and the backstories regarding the legendaries are ridiculous lately as well.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:06   Link #140
GDB

Quote:
It seems to me though Dragon is the least common type of all the types in the Pokemon series.
Actually, counting just final evolutions, there are just as many Dragons (12) as Ghosts (12). Ice is a close runner-up, with only 13 (14 if you count Froslass and Glailie as two separate Pokemon).
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, pokemon, pokemon black and white, rpg