AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-27, 01:25   Link #1161
Xefi
empty shell
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: "find the joy of life in this worthless hell..."
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Thanks for that link.

I usually go to coliseum to grind level ups before reaching 99. Especially the 6 warechu match. (They give about 80k exp per run.) But if your level is below the requirement level, I recommend not to grind there due to the damage that will cost your credits to be lost. If your level is low, I suggest grinding at valentine coliseum match as it is much easier.

Plutia: DAT 13-14 hit damage when transformed...

You can check some pages back to see what they have in store for JP version.(Hoping US version comes out all that...)

^ alright, back to the coliseum then. i guess that's the only way to level up faster.
yeah, my guys are around 68. requirement for the Pirachu (warechu) is 75...lol. i tried
earlier against them and wasnt able to hit them hard enough. they kill my three others
and left Neptune standing.

they're doing 0 damage to Neptune, but Neptune is doing barely any damage herself to them.
the battle ended up a draw....so i gave up. i'll think of valentine coliseum battle and get them
to at least 75 before taking on Pirachu again. :P

i'll check out on the DLCs later. pretty much bed time here for me. thanks for the info., they help me a lot.
and no problem on the link.
__________________
ExXefi
Wall: 1405
Sig: 733
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 01:28   Link #1162
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ alright, back to the coliseum then. i guess that's the only way to level up faster.
yeah, my guys are around 68. requirement for the Pirachu (warechu) is 75...lol. i tried
earlier against them and wasnt able to hit them hard enough. they kill my three others
and left Neptune standing.

they're doing 0 damage to Neptune, but Neptune is doing barely any damage herself to them.
the battle ended up a draw....so i gave up. i'll think of valentine coliseum battle and get them
to at least 75 before taking on Pirachu again. :P

i'll check out on the DLCs later. pretty much bed time here for me. thanks for the info., they help me a lot.
and no problem on the link.
Take note though, Warechus have very high AGI.(Yes, even I did misses at level 99 with my best accessories and equips for neptune...)

I had to sacrifice some $ to buy weapon DLCs for Neptune and Plutia for playing through the stages.
__________________
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 22:43   Link #1163
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I made the mistake of playing Monster Hunter before sitting down to play V. Finally cracked it open today, and I must say that was quite the prologue. Menus are surprisingly even faster this time around which is good since we spend most of our time in those.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 20:50   Link #1164
NK_500
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nintensalem
I've completed the prologue and I got to say I'm unimpressed with the game. At least I can see how and why most critics and regular gamers hate about this game, even hardcore JRPG fans.

First the graphics. While it cleverly use the soft colors which give it more anime-like but the dungeons looks dated as if in PS2 games despite being a PS3 exclusive( please do not compare it with other PS3 exclusives like God of War Ascension).

Second most gamers especially Western ones failed to understand what kind of appeal this game delivered. It's a moe JRPG and most Western gamers are never exposed to it. While there are many JRPG fans in the West but not all of them are "moe fan"(like myself). For example in a website that made mostly of JRPG fans like RPGfan known to bash Neptunia series and probably won't review Victory anytime soon due to how much they hate mk2. Take a different JRPG like Persona series for example. It had zero moe elements and full of dark fantasy ones, which basically what Western JRPG fans loves and of course not the bright and colorful ones like in Neptunia series.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 11:48   Link #1165
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
I've completed the prologue and I got to say I'm unimpressed with the game. At least I can see how and why most critics and regular gamers hate about this game, even hardcore JRPG fans.
You've barely had any experience with the actual gameplay (which is certainly not bad).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Take a different JRPG like Persona series for example. It had zero moe elements
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:49   Link #1166
Kirayuki
High Priestess
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Take a different JRPG like Persona series for example. It had zero moe elements and full of dark fantasy ones.
They are targeted on different market
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:55   Link #1167
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
They are targeted on different market
not really...
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:04   Link #1168
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
The difference is that Persona has a broader appeal than Neptunia does, yet they're both made with a Japanese audience in mind. Foreigners are practically never taken into consideration when JRPG's are developed so using what foreigners like as the standards for judging something like this you're just going to look like a fool.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:07   Link #1169
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Eggplant
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 05:18   Link #1170
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Thats... so... wrong...

Especially the last picture... so... ugh.. wrong in many ways...
__________________
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 17:42   Link #1171
Xefi
empty shell
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: "find the joy of life in this worthless hell..."
Age: 31
Ign gives it a 5.4/10. not so surprising since the dood reviewing it also gives
Atelier Ayesha crap score. i guess he just doesnt like the game.

– Dated graphics (guess he didnt plays MK2)
– Poorly written dialogue (>__>; p-please.)
– Trivial quest system (i guess i can agree on this a little bit)
– Poor performance (some lags in areas, but not a really big deal)


source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...victory-review
__________________
ExXefi
Wall: 1405
Sig: 733
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 17:56   Link #1172
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
the weapon dlc's for the cpu's were released today incase anyone's interested.
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:36   Link #1173
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Ign gives it a 5.4/10. not so surprising since the dood reviewing it also gives
Atelier Ayesha crap score. i guess he just doesnt like the game.

Dated graphics (guess he didnt plays MK2)
Poorly written dialogue (>__>; p-please.)
Trivial quest system (i guess i can agree on this a little bit)
Poor performance (some lags in areas, but not a really big deal)


source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...victory-review
I am going to reply to each point you put there.

1. I dont know, is there a link where he show him reviewing mk2?
2. English subbed right? Subs and original might be different...
3. Like you said, I agree to the point.

Point 4 I will need to elaborate further.

4. Not all games are lag-free, I did play GT5 and of course, it did not lag due to the background (Yes, the background has just enough details to not lag.) In Neptunia V, there are alot of quality work done by CH and IF, so like for example, Xefi, who plays till the last part of the game, is in the final boss dungeon, that dungeon itself has alot of high qualities of the background. With that high qualities, added to the monster spawning, the game will obviously lag... Apparently the guy doesnt like too laggy games, and expects all games to be little lag or lag free.

I do play the JP version of the game, and found out the same problem as point 4, but I dont complain since I know from the map itself, I can tell it will lag.

The weapon DLC proves to be good for this game. Apparently I bought 2 weapon DLCs for JP version. So I suggest buying some. (If you want to know, Those 2 are weapons for Neptune and Plutia.. The rest I am hunting since at my level in JP, I can hunt with my current equipments.)
__________________
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 00:08   Link #1174
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Ign gives it a 5.4/10. not so surprising since the dood reviewing it also gives
Atelier Ayesha crap score. i guess he just doesnt like the game.

Dated graphics (guess he didnt plays MK2)
Poorly written dialogue (>__>; p-please.)
Trivial quest system (i guess i can agree on this a little bit)
Poor performance (some lags in areas, but not a really big deal)


source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...victory-review
Didn't HK mentioned earlier that it felt like a PS3 game using PS2 graphics?

And on Persona, it was extremely "Japanese" compared to previous games with the female cast designed to be dating material. Compare that to SMT which had none of that.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 01:42   Link #1175
Xefi
empty shell
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: "find the joy of life in this worthless hell..."
Age: 31
^ yeah, Hyperdimension V isn't strong in the graphic department during gameplay/field. but we all
here already know that, right?

Quote:
Scarletknive: I am going to reply to each point you put there.

1. I dont know, is there a link where he show him reviewing mk2?
2. English subbed right? Subs and original might be different...
3. Like you said, I agree to the point.

Point 4 I will need to elaborate further.

4. Not all games are lag-free, I did play GT5 and of course, it did not lag due to the background (Yes, the background has just enough details to not lag.) In Neptunia V, there are alot of quality work done by CH and IF, so like for example, Xefi, who plays till the last part of the game, is in the final boss dungeon, that dungeon itself has alot of high qualities of the background. With that high qualities, added to the monster spawning, the game will obviously lag... Apparently the guy doesnt like too laggy games, and expects all games to be little lag or lag free.

I do play the JP version of the game, and found out the same problem as point 4, but I dont complain since I know from the map itself, I can tell it will lag.

The weapon DLC proves to be good for this game. Apparently I bought 2 weapon DLCs for JP version. So I suggest buying some. (If you want to know, Those 2 are weapons for Neptune and Plutia.. The rest I am hunting since at my level in JP, I can hunt with my current equipments.)
1. i believe he doesn't even play the previous games at all.
2. it's not English subbed that's the problem. he just doesn't understand the culture and appreciate this cutesey title. the dood just keep going on about he just doesn't get what the heck this game is about. >____>
3. no comments.
4. the dood was expecting this game to be a AAA title or something. this game is a niche title and performance probably not going to be superb. the laggings in
some area doesn't bother me, but he seems to HATE the laggings...lol.

so once again, i don't know why this dood rate these types of games. he HATES them and probably have nothing good to say about the game. would have been
more fair if someone else that have some interest in jrpg/niche titles to review instead
of this dood. also, reading his Atelier Ayesha reviews was pointless as well; he hates
that game too.

i really enjoy both titles Hyperdimension V and Atelier Ayesha. hearing him talking trash really hurts. both titles deserve better treatment, but i guess most of NA
only care about FPS/TPS; i seriously haven't even play single FPS in years. simply
because they're not my type of games. but then if i think about it again, 5.4/10 isn't
so bad of a score to someone who HATES the game. if it was someone else that likes
anime/jrpg/niche titles, just bump the score up by 2.5 to 3 (7.9-8.4)...yep, that sounds about right.

P.S.: as for the weapon DLC, i'll buy one or two later when more missions are available or level capped ones.
__________________
ExXefi
Wall: 1405
Sig: 733
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 05:54   Link #1176
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
4. the dood was expecting this game to be a AAA title or something. this game is a niche title and performance probably not going to be superb. the laggings in
some area doesn't bother me, but he seems to HATE the laggings...lol.
First off, let me inform you that I always take professional game reviews of the likes of IGN with a grain of salt. If I'm sufficiently interested in a game title, I pretty much ignore most of them and focus on the fan reception. I wouldn't have even glanced at this review if people didn't raise a ruckus over it.

That said, the lagging is a legitimate argument. I haven't played Neptunia Victory yet, but I recall being bummed by the horrid frame rates in most of the fields/dungeons of mk2. Not being a AAA title is not an excuse for something this blatant. There are numerous indie games with similar or greater graphical detail than Neptunia that are mostly or entirely absent from drastic frame drops. If I buy a product by an established game publisher (in this case, Idea Factory) with my own money, I don't expect mind-boggling graphical detail, but I expect it at the very least to run smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
so once again, i don't know why this dood rate these types of games. he HATES them and probably have nothing good to say about the game. would have been
more fair if someone else that have some interest in jrpg/niche titles to review instead
of this dood.
Agreed. Someone who is payed to review a game should at least be familiar with the subgenres behind it and similar games. Getting a "professional" reviewer who doesn't even enough of an interest in a game to judge it on its own merits is ridiculous, but it happens all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
but i guess most of NA
only care about FPS/TPS
I guess that the sky is blue and snow is cold. Just a guess, though; maybe I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
but then if i think about it again, 5.4/10 isn't
so bad of a score to someone who HATES the game.
Inflated scoring systems. I'll give this game a 9/10; it's okay.

P. S. Please post with a use of English, capitalization, and formatting that doesn't rape my eyes next time.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:00   Link #1177
Xefi
empty shell
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: "find the joy of life in this worthless hell..."
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Inflated scoring systems. I'll give this game a 9/10; it's okay.

P. S. Please post with a use of English, capitalization, and formatting that doesn't rape my eyes next time.
sorry, you're asking the impossible from me. it just my style of posting. i dont really
care of capitalization/perfect english and such. english isnt my primary langauge.
if it bothers you, you can always not read it.

i dont really care much of review score either from them. but them bashing
and trashing the game is riduculous, it's unforgiven. it kind of shows, since most
of the people/fan posting afterward of how his review just plain SUCK.

ahh, but whatever, the game is 8.7/10 for me here. if this lag less and runs smoother
in dungeons and battles, and maybe a little bit more polish graphic, it would have
been getting a 9.2/10 from me. still a very fun game and i enjoy it mostly from the
50+ hrs. i already put into this game. i can see another 40+ hrs. to finish up some others
extra stuffs and waiting on more DLCs.
__________________
ExXefi
Wall: 1405
Sig: 733
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 22:43   Link #1178
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
the weapon dlc's for the cpu's were released today incase anyone's interested.
I'll be interested when they release DLCs that include actual content.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 15:14   Link #1179
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
God Dimension Idol Neptune PP detailed in Dengeki

AKB reference, here we come!
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:23   Link #1180
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Just wanted to mention there's apparently a "Haters" statistic in this game. I found that amusing.

There's truth in it too. I mean what celebrity doesn't have haters?
__________________

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-04-09 at 16:50.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ps vita, ps3, ps4, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.