AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 02:34   Link #61
Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
So is the glasses girl fully dead, or was she just possessed with the whole thing about, kill the original?

Shes alive

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-06, 03:27   Link #62
bloodraze

For the sake of SnW-esque speculah I would like to show this.

They cloned the principal?

The guy at the bottom was the one in the communications in the year 2012 by the way.
bloodraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 03:41   Link #63
ThaGuy
Go Baby Go!

Two things I'm picking up on from this season:

1) Zombies/Monsters are the 'it' thing
2) Showing off legs of females

P.S.

This episode was really surprisingly and good. Had a hint of Higashi no Eden and dare I say...Harry Potter to it.
ThaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:10   Link #64
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 1

Nice series and made GIFs for it with avatars so come on down here: http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...pisode-01.html and grab any you want! Anyways I will put some comments with pics.......
This guy.....YES! In one word simply because I love telekinesis as a supernatural power=>

Oh my! Maya fan service already in the next episode (PG-13) well I suppose it's good even though I have Sawako.......Maya so reminds me of her a little =>
Spoiler:
Now I am about why Maya says it like that when she very well knows the occult is not fake.....must be her past with her father=>
Spoiler:
First LOL so bad especially the name of that mechanic...smile. =>
Spoiler:
Just when I though I finished laughing Smile here made me LOL so hard=>
Spoiler:
So cute Maya here with her father......it was a nice memory! =>
Spoiler:
No Maya! It was very really! Felt sad here because of her father's slap! =>
Spoiler:
I think based on Maya's expression here....she never saw a man's thing and rofl you can see that with the shadow.....anyone else noticed?=>
Spoiler:
Well that's it and once again [b]nice occult theme.....now let's find out what the Academy hides really other than a teleportation mean.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:30   Link #65
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGuy View Post
Two things I'm picking up on from this season:

1) Zombies/Monsters are the 'it' thing
2) Showing off legs of females

P.S.

This episode was really surprisingly and good. Had a hint of Higashi no Eden and dare I say...Harry Potter to it.

The legs are definitely nice, but not yet Ayumi Yamada's caliber.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 05:00   Link #66
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Well, "made by A-1" is bit of incorrect statement, as lots of other subcontracts are involved in production of their anime (XEBEC, MADHOUSE, even JCSTAFF in Sora no Woto e.t.c they split and outsource a lot of work). Its more like "Anime power united!" where Aniplex hires best people of the industry.
Pretty sure I saw Madhouse in the credits for this one, but I couldn't tell you for what, exactly... I believe A-1 was given primary production credit, though.
Old 2010-07-06, 05:03   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodraze View Post
They cloned the principal?

The guy at the bottom was the one in the communications in the year 2012 by the way.
For all we know what we seen in 2012 could be another dimension, though for now we're supposed to believe it's the future of where the main plot is focused on (1999), so yeah i've no idea. Maybe a clone, or something else completely.
Old 2010-07-06, 05:06   Link #68
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I think based on Maya's expression here....she never saw a man's thing and rofl you can see that with the shadow.....anyone else noticed?
I doubt anybody could miss it. Even by watching it on TV without freezing the picture, it was unavoidable . Also I don't know anybody who wouldn't react as Maya did when seeing a naked guy descending from the sky. And at the very least she didn't scream, which is quite nice for once. I think I'm getting sick of all those heroines who absolutely need to squeal for nothing... like all the time .
Old 2010-07-06, 06:55   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ep.1 was unexpectedly fun, I was anticipating something heavier. Love the way they mix humour in the episode, I'll be sticking with this one
Old 2010-07-06, 08:12   Link #70
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For all we know what we seen in 2012 could be another dimension, though for now we're supposed to believe it's the future of where the main plot is focused on (1999), so yeah i've no idea. Maybe a clone, or something else completely.
I like the plot so far nonetheless.

This season is so unexpectedly good.
Old 2010-07-06, 09:16   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was better than expected. Intriguing plot, badass (and hot) heroine, good production values, great voice cast. That one could be a winner. I was surprised the character voiced by Koyasu was this guy

Penis shadow, huh... is this the power of anime?

PS: Someone buy poor Maya some clothes, please. She's been wearing the same dress since her childhood, apparently.
Old 2010-07-06, 09:38   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Well, "made by A-1" is bit of incorrect statement, as lots of other subcontracts are involved in production of their anime (XEBEC, MADHOUSE, even JCSTAFF in Sora no Woto e.t.c they split and outsource a lot of work). Its more like "Anime power united!" where Aniplex hires best people of the industry.
Interesting. In this anime, A-1 is credited with having made it, but Xebec is credited near the top of a list of ten companies involved as animation subcontractors. This is not so unusual, although ten is a large number. The key animators are all credited as individuals. I don't know if they are all with A-1 or not. Madhouse had a role in the ending
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-06 at 12:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 10:11   Link #73
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: Someone buy poor Maya some clothes, please. She's been wearing the same dress since her childhood, apparently.
You've only noticed stuff like this now. Its been bugging me in anime for years.
Old 2010-07-06, 11:40   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You've only noticed stuff like this now. Its been bugging me in anime for years.
Eh, I'm used to it. However, most anime usually make the effort to change the clothes of the main character(s) in the flashbacks... not here
Old 2010-07-06, 13:05   Link #75
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Pretty sure I saw Madhouse in the credits for this one, but I couldn't tell you for what, exactly...
Ending, "assistance." The other credits appear to be for the photographer, models, stylist, and... background/set design? I think? So I guess that means Madhouse put it all together and added the camera pans and effects? XD

Very entertaining first episode. Not what I expected, but lots of fun, and Maya is pretty awesome. Totally didn't notice the shadow the first time I watched that scene. That's attention to detail right there!

Also... that skid to a stop on her face and chest must have hurt... o___o;;
Old 2010-07-06, 13:34   Link #76
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Interesting. In this anime, A-1 is credited with having made it, but Xebec is credited near the top of a list of ten companies involved as animation subcontractors.
This probably just means that A-1 has been operating above their production capacities and was forced to outsource work everywhere to meet the broadcast schedule. If an emergency rush is necessary, you divide the work among several companies so that it's all done in parallel (hopefully leaving enough time for the chief animation director to maintain consistency).

"Animation Production" is primarily an administrative billing. In most cases, the company credited for that does the core work. However, there are times when the production company merely outsources all the animation and then compiles the finished package.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 15:08   Link #77
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Ending, "assistance." The other credits appear to be for the photographer, models, stylist, and... background/set design? I think? So I guess that means Madhouse put it all together and added the camera pans and effects? XD
What's the most interesting part of the credits for the ED is photographer, Hashimoto Katsuyo. If I remember correctly, it's Hosoda Mamoru's alias. He appears to be a good photographer, not only a good director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
This probably just means that A-1 has been operating above their production capacities and was forced to outsource work everywhere to meet the broadcast schedule. If an emergency rush is necessary, you divide the work among several companies so that it's all done in parallel (hopefully leaving enough time for the chief animation director to maintain consistency).

"Animation Production" is primarily an administrative billing. In most cases, the company credited for that does the core work. However, there are times when the production company merely outsources all the animation and then compiles the finished package.
Ignore inbetweeners part of credits. We don't need to care for them. We don't need to consider them to have involved the production either. And outsourcing inbetweening work is so common that there is no point in thinking something about it.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 15:18   Link #78
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Spoiler:
LOL I totally missed the shadow. xD I thought it was just implied...
Old 2010-07-06, 15:19   Link #79
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eh, I'm used to it. However, most anime usually make the effort to change the clothes of the main character(s) in the flashbacks... not here
Technically its a different dress. I don't think the current Maya would fit in that tiny dress.

Though I would not be surprised to hear what she's wearing is actually the same dress!
Old 2010-07-06, 15:44   Link #80
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I think that is the one thing that annoys me the most about anime and cartoons. The clothes. Highschool series dont count since they are conveniently in uniforms most of the time.

I know it takes extra effort to put them in different outfits sometimes, but come on people!