AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-09-24, 22:47   Link #1
guess

easy wood work?

I am thinking of making a farewell gift for one of my friends. I would like to make something like wood whatever. There is some unfinished wood furniture out there. All you have to do is put it together, paint it, and polish it. I am thinking of the same thing only this is something much smaller and pratical, for example, I don't think she needs a wooden doll.

The thing is, I lack tools for complicated wood work and I really don't have much time. I am open to any suggestion. Thank you. And if any of you people is in Boston area and knows where to get the material, please do tell.
Old 2006-09-25, 12:20   Link #2
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
You might look into wood burning to make a small plaque. It's very easy to do, and it looks nice once stained (assuming one likes the look--it tends to look best next to an antler plaque )

Beyond that, some wood carving and some clever staining to make shadows and highlights from the carving itself can look very nice.

I can't think of much practical that can be made without practice, though.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote