AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-02, 03:26   Link #321
xlilyx
Hello Friend ^-^ x
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I also think he is Madara.
__________________
xlilyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:49   Link #322
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Why no "Madara's Brother"?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 23:47   Link #323
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
I think it's Lady Gaga.

But seriously, Madara. Until I see proof otherwise, it's Madara under the mask.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 16:49   Link #324
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
Age: 21
I haven't really looked through all of the the older pages, but I'm gonna go ahead and put forward some of my crazy ideas. None of them have any real evidence supporting them, but they're all just theories anyway.

1. I've been thinking that Tobi having multiple bodies (similar to Pein) would solve a lot of problems.

2. If my multiple bodies idea is true, then it could be Madara pulling the strings or it might even be Rikudo Sennin, also solving a few of the problems, albeit adding more.

3. I am a strong believer that Tobi is Obito's body, although I don't have much proof towards it. Just one thing that makes me feel this way is Kakashi's MS ability. The one where he can suck anything into a 'wormhole' type deal is really similar to how Tobi teleports around.

4. Read Tobi starting from the 'o'. Once you get to the 'i', start at the beginning of Tobi until you read 'o' again. It reads 'obito'. (j/k not really serious on this last one. Just something that I noticed and thought was cool. I just want to clarify that there was nothing serious about the name thing.)

I'm sure I didn't clearly state what I really meant, but hopefully someone can read what I've typed and understand what I was trying to say.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 00:40   Link #325
black_star
How should i say it?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Declassified
I think it's madara or somebody other than him.
__________________
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 02:07   Link #326
Lordfujin
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Well here are my thoughts about who Tobi is based on recent events in the manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert punk

BTW, why does Zetsu still call him Tobi?

I was thinking about the same thing. Now that we know cloning is a plot device it seems to me like Tobi is a clone of Madara, which would support the theory that the last casket Kabuto raised was the original Madara body (the theory behind clones is that the soul of the original does not exist in the clone which would explain why Madara said "Where did you get that?!" when the 6th casket appeared.) However the will of Madara would live on in the clone.

This would also explain what Itachi meant by "Madara is a shell of his former self." The shell literally being the clone body with his will but not the original spirit (we can see how important the original spirit is in the Naruto universe because the Impure World Resurrection is very powerful although only the spirit and not original body are revived).

All of this would also make sense as to why Tobi doesn't have his original abilities or eyes. He's probably been strengthening his clone body without the spirit to eventually take the spirit back in with a fully condition clone body. This would also be in line with his plan on trying to gain the same abilities of the Rikudō Sennin which would include the ability to give life to objects or in Pain's case; return a spirit to a body (as seen when he returns the spirits of the people they killed during the Konoha battle).
Lordfujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:02   Link #327
YoungSquire
Epic
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: down Under
Age: 20
haha, clearly zetsu's love child
YoungSquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 11:43   Link #328
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Madara, all content points to it. I doubt hes in his original body however...probably a more hax version of Orichimaru's body transfer....possibly using clones of himself going by whats going on...

It's interesting Zetsu only ever calls him Tobi though, I'd like to know the reason for that...better not just be something random
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 18:13   Link #329
Lordfujin
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Madara, all content points to it. I doubt hes in his original body however...probably a more hax version of Orichimaru's body transfer....possibly using clones of himself going by whats going on...

It's interesting Zetsu only ever calls him Tobi though, I'd like to know the reason for that...better not just be something random
Yea, I think Zetsu knows in some way shape or form that he is not the "original" Madara and its almost like "Well the cats out the bag with Kabuto there's no point in calling him Madara if we all know its not him."

Another idea I just had was since half of his face was blacked out during his battle with Konan and since he stated he has Senju DNA in him it could be that half of his face may appear to look like someone from the Senju clan (for instance the First or the Second) similar to how the face of the First appeared on Danzo.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-10-12 at 19:01.
Lordfujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 13:16   Link #330
antjluc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
I still believe Madara is Obito for the simple fact he can replenish his eyes anytime he wants even though Obito lost his eyes he can pop one back in his head also I believe the evidence of Kakashi's Kamui technique along with Madara's ability to go thru different dimensions...You cant simply call him Madara because he says he is....there is not enuff proof to say he is MADARA UCHIHA
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 18:47   Link #331
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
I still believe Madara is Obito for the simple fact he can replenish his eyes anytime he wants even though Obito lost his eyes he can pop one back in his head also I believe the evidence of Kakashi's Kamui technique along with Madara's ability to go thru different dimensions...You cant simply call him Madara because he says he is....there is not enuff proof to say he is MADARA UCHIHA
Im not too sure about the replenishing eyes as evidence towards tobi being obito. but i acknowledge that we certainly cannot ignore the similarity between kakashi/obito's kamui and tobi's dimensional transfer.
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 19:01   Link #332
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Eye swapping isnt a big deal so its not any evidence to being obito his body was squashed his eye wasnt just popped out
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:06   Link #333
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Eye swapping isnt a big deal so its not any evidence to being obito his body was squashed his eye wasnt just popped out
I would concede that obitos body was crushed/squashed but i believe his eye was still intact. I mean tobi collects sharingan so its not inconceivable that he had zetus snatch obitos eye. next the dimensional transfer jutsu and kakashi kamui are just too similiar. it makes since that Tobi can use it on himself without harm because he is an actual uchiha with sharingan mastery.
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:42   Link #334
soul eater evans
otaku in training
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: death city
true true
soul eater evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 06:59   Link #335
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
i'd say he's really madara. if he wasn't then that's some heck of a twist that kishi had to explain fully to convince his readers that he hasn't gone mental.

some say he's shisui, some say he's obito. but we all saw that he fought against minato 16 years ago. shisui is itachi's contemporary, his best friend, he would have been a toddler at that time. it couldn't be obito either coz even if he had survived being crushed by that boulder, he would've been kakashi's age, about 12-13 years old at that time. definitely not the fully grown madara that minato fought against.

as for madara being tobirama, why would he try to destroy what he had so painstakingly built with his brother? what would be his purpose? power? where did he get the sharingan then? he was a senju not an uchiha. not to mention that he hated the uchiha. he didn't trust them, that's why he placed them in charge of the konoha police to keep them in check.

there are too many questions surrounding that idea. far too many for kishi to explain. i think that even kishi is getting confused with his own story. he has been contradicting himself for years. and when caught he tries to explain it in the most absurd way. if i were him, i'd stick to madara being madara. that way, all he had to do is explain how he became immortal and gained such monstrous powers.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 19:52   Link #336
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i'd say he's really madara. if he wasn't then that's some heck of a twist that kishi had to explain fully to convince his readers that he hasn't gone mental.

some say he's shisui, some say he's obito. but we all saw that he fought against minato 16 years ago. shisui is itachi's contemporary, his best friend, he would have been a toddler at that time. it couldn't be obito either coz even if he had survived being crushed by that boulder, he would've been kakashi's age, about 12-13 years old at that time. definitely not the fully grown madara that minato fought against.

as for madara being tobirama, why would he try to destroy what he had so painstakingly built with his brother? what would be his purpose? power? where did he get the sharingan then? he was a senju not an uchiha. not to mention that he hated the uchiha. he didn't trust them, that's why he placed them in charge of the konoha police to keep them in check.

there are too many questions surrounding that idea. far too many for kishi to explain. i think that even kishi is getting confused with his own story. he has been contradicting himself for years. and when caught he tries to explain it in the most absurd way. if i were him, i'd stick to madara being madara. that way, all he had to do is explain how he became immortal and gained such monstrous powers.
i dont really understand the idea of an author being confused by his own story...whoever Tobi is, im sure Kishi will be able to provide a well developed background
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:00   Link #337
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
i dont really understand the idea of an author being confused by his own story...whoever Tobi is, im sure Kishi will be able to provide a well developed background
hey, he's human! and for a story that has run for this long, you'd be confused too. you might forget some of the things you've written, some of the rules you've set for your world and unintentionally break them simply because you forgot. there's been quite a few plot holes in his story and either he has tried to explain them in ridiculous fashion or he just chose to ignore them and distract us with some new development. writers aren't perfect you know. let's hope he doesn't screw this one up.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 09:04   Link #338
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
i dont really understand the idea of an author being confused by his own story
ignorence is bliss they say
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2010-12-13 at 05:56.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 05:54   Link #339
Mianhaeyo
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Haha Zetsu's Love Child. I had to vote for it! :lolfayce:
Duh, it's Madara!
Mianhaeyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 22:35   Link #340
darknaruto777
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I think he's Obito!
darknaruto777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tobi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.