AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-15, 05:59   Link #541
Retcon_Man
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Listen people. If Tobi isn't the other half of Black Zetsu, or related to Zetsu in some way, then every other possibility is just plain stupid. To go to these lengths to impersonate Madara for so long means that he is also using the name of Madara to be feared amongst many people. That at least wouldn't create problems in the already badly written story. Especially with all the knowledge Tobi has about the Uchiha, the Sages, and Senju... It would make perfect sense. It would keep things at a steady level. One wrong move by Kishi, and this will just make things worse.

And to no surprise, the art is still horrendous. Why is SJ allowing this garbage for so long?
Retcon_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:13   Link #542
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
What's bad about the art?
I've seen worse (HxH comes to mind)
I personally quite like the art.

Last edited by mrShady; 2011-10-15 at 10:07.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 08:16   Link #543
Bismark
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bismark; 2011-10-17 at 09:04.
Bismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:26   Link #544
Aquillion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
And not one person gave me credit for calling the casket body as the real Madara. A lot of good predictions go uncredited here I suppose.
A lot of people thought that, since it was the most logical corpse to make Tobi react that way, and would make for the most dramatic revelation.

(Also, the fact that Tobi kept the mask on even once we theoretically knew who he was was pretty telling, of course.)
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 14:23   Link #545
pedro-v
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denver
I think its Izuna Uchiha
pedro-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 07:41   Link #546
SheIsMySiN
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Check out chapter 560!!!

Spoiler for manga, chapter 560:
SheIsMySiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 05:06   Link #547
Rolyn
Who hates Priscilla?
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 21
i think second hokage
Rolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 18:55   Link #548
Uiruu
Previously "Lord Uiruu"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Spoiler for Manga (just in case):


Joking aside, it's Bruce Wayne.
__________________
BOOM

Last edited by james0246; 2011-10-24 at 20:01. Reason: double posts...
Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:48   Link #549
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
It's not a voting option but I think that he is Izuna, or some kind of clone/copy of the real Madara.
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 10:10   Link #550
Tactics
Oath Sign
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Asia
Well-- there's something weird about Tobi.

As we saw in a lot of chapters.
Implanted eyes ( out from the bloodline ) lead to an uncontrollable flow of chakra.
Kakashi, Ao, and Danzo is a good example.

Now.
Tobi implanted Rinnegan to himself.
He doesn't seem to have any problems with his new eye.

I wonder why ?
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 15:08   Link #551
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I'm suspious about the 3rd mizukage myself.

We know what all the kages at least look like from 2nd onwards except for the 3rd mizukage.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:02   Link #552
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Well-- there's something weird about Tobi.

As we saw in a lot of chapters.
Implanted eyes ( out from the bloodline ) lead to an uncontrollable flow of chakra.
Kakashi, Ao, and Danzo is a good example.

Now.
Tobi implanted Rinnegan to himself.
He doesn't seem to have any problems with his new eye.

I wonder why ?
Well, IMHO it has something to do with Zetsu. Zetsu seems to be something rather important that belongs to the fake Madara.
That fake Madara had no problem with tearing off his arm in order to just make it regrow. He could be one of Zetsu's chakra copies or –which I prefer – one of Orochimaru's experiments.

The one strange thing is that Kabuto knows nothing about Zetsu except the facts Fake Madara told him. This means that Zetsu can't be one of Orochimaru's wicked experiments.

Nevertheless Fake Madara could be one of Orochimaru's experiments. Kabuto knew his secret before everyone else. He didn't even have to discover it.
It would also explain why this Fake Madara believes that he is the real Madara and he knows about the stolen DNA from the First Hokage.

Itachi said that Fake Madara was a shell of his former self. You know that a shell is the outside of something. It's opaque and you can't see what's inside.
This is a good idea, but it doesn't explain why he is wearing a mask. The mask means that he has to hide his face and if he believed he was the real Madara, he would not have to cover his face –not after telling everyone that he was Madara.

So it's just like they said: He's using the name and he is not Madara.

IMHO he could be some rebuilt Obito. We know that people can be revived and saved. They said that Iwagakure used Akatsuki in wars and they were the ones who killed Obito. Maybe it was just a trick. He could sacrifice one eye because he would simply steal hundreds of eyes. Maybe his first eyes were just chakra copies made by Zetsu. Mayve some of his body parts are still Zetsu because Zetsu was shown to be able to feed people with chakra and make exact copies of him. It's not farfetched that he can create body party and that these body parts match the new owner's charka.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 22:12   Link #553
RockGuitarDude
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Tobi = First or Second Hokage

I'm thinking that when Madara & Hashirama fought, the end result was that Madara somehow got the wood techniques and that Hashirama got the sharingan in one eye, likely an eye of Madara's brother (hence the mask). I think Hashirama then took the name Tobi as an homage to his brother.

The thing that throws me is, the name Tobi leads me to think he's the second hokage, but the facial features are similar to the first and the story fits better with him being the first.

The fact that he uses space-time jutsu like the second is very confusing as well. It could even be the second in the first's body. Who the hell knows. That would satisfy them as both being dead and being able to be summoned by Orochimaru and still have this hybrid be alive.
RockGuitarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 01:59   Link #554
Aquillion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
The most recent page seems to confirm that he's not actually Madara in any way (not even a part of him, as some people suggested) -- Kabuto, who seems to know what's going on, called him a "Fake Madara", which wouldn't make sense otherwise.

And Obito continues to make no sense at all. Remember, Madara knows the "fake Madara", and seems to have made a plan with him. Was Obito even alive at the same time as Madara? How would he, of all people, have a deal with Madara? Obito never made sense -- people just leaped on it because of the one-eye thing and the fact that there were so few named characters with Sharingans back then. I mean, look at the list originally put on this thread when it was made -- they could only think of two candidates who would actually have a Sharingan!

Actually, one idea occurs to me: We can narrow down who Tobi is by looking at who hasn't been brought back to life. Any famous ninja from the past who hasn't reappeared is a candidate (and no, Obito continues to not be famous enough to be worth resurrecting.)

Last edited by Aquillion; 2011-10-28 at 02:09.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 05:17   Link #555
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Well-- there's something weird about Tobi.

As we saw in a lot of chapters.
Implanted eyes ( out from the bloodline ) lead to an uncontrollable flow of chakra.
Kakashi, Ao, and Danzo is a good example.

Now.
Tobi implanted Rinnegan to himself.
He doesn't seem to have any problems with his new eye.

I wonder why ?
Uchiha descended from the sage, so yeah.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:33   Link #556
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
And Obito continues to make no sense at all. Remember, Madara knows the "fake Madara", and seems to have made a plan with him. Was Obito even alive at the same time as Madara? How would he, of all people, have a deal with Madara? Obito never made sense -- people just leaped on it because of the one-eye thing and the fact that there were so few named characters with Sharingans back then. I mean, look at the list originally put on this thread when it was made -- they could only think of two candidates who would actually have a Sharingan!
Nah, Obito Theory still has the most going for it. As far as the timeline goes, I think it can turn out to work pretty nicely. Nagato is around 10 years older than Kakashi/Obito, give or take a couple years (we don't know the exact dates). If Nagato received the Rinnegan as a child (shortly after Madara's death), then Madara would have died around the same time that Obito was born (kind of convenient). All it takes for the theory to remain valid is for Madara to seal his chakras inside a newborn infant. This is not a stretch at all, considering we know that Minato already did this with Naruto.

It's not necessarily true that Madara ever knew Tobi on a personal level. Look at Minato. He did not get to know Naruto before he died, and yet he entrusted Naruto with the task of protecting Konoha, completing Rasengan, and controlling the kyuubi.
__________________
Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:40   Link #557
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
You're forgetting the Kyuubi incident. No matter how or what, Obito was too young to be Tobi back then. And since Tobi hasn't changed since that encounter (only a hair change right?) we can only assume he's the same guy.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:43   Link #558
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
You're forgetting the Kyuubi incident. No matter how or what, Obito was too young to be Tobi back then. And since Tobi hasn't changed since that encounter (only a hair change right?) we can only assume he's the same guy.
I didn't forget about it. I disagree that he was too young to be Tobi. Tobi's body was already modified by the time of that incident (look back at fight between Tobi and Minato and you'll see the Tobi's hand drips off. He's already partially made of Zetsu goo at that point).
__________________
Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 13:52   Link #559
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Still Obito was already killed at that time. That would have to mean that when Obito got killed his destroyed body was replaced with Zetsu goo. This would explain Tobi's right eye being his dominant one. However, the few times we saw Tobi's face he looked much older then Kakashi's.

I'm not denying the possibility of Tobi having Obito's eye however I doubt it's Obito himself. It's not in his character. Madara's brother or someone else of considerable age is much more likely.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 14:05   Link #560
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Still Obito was already killed at that time. That would have to mean that when Obito got killed his destroyed body was replaced with Zetsu goo. This would explain Tobi's right eye being his dominant one. However, the few times we saw Tobi's face he looked much older then Kakashi's.
Somewhere earlier in this thread I did an image comparison of wrinkly people and Tobi's exposed face in order to make the comparison between how Kishi draws age wrinkles. Tobi's facial features did not match up. He has long lines on the right side of his face, but no crows feet. I think they look more like the lines in White Zetsu's face when he splits from his black half. So, I don't believe they are age wrinkles at all. I also think there is a reason we haven't seen the left half of Tobi's face - specifically because it does not have the same scars as the right half.


Quote:
I'm not denying the possibility of Tobi having Obito's eye however I doubt it's Obito himself. It's not in his character. Madara's brother or someone else of considerable age is much more likely.
Izuna is dead in more ways than one. One way is that he died in Tobi's flashback. Secondly, he had no eyes. And thirdly, he's also far too old. When you also take into account that there is currently no way of connecting Izuna to Tobi's spacetime tech, Izuna is not likely at all. I don't see it. I also think that with the amount of knowledge that Tobi has, even Izuna wouldn't fit. I think Tobi's memories are genuinely Madara's, not Izuna's or anyone elses.
__________________
Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tobi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.