AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 04:14   Link #81
PrototypeX2

I'd suggest you to stop copy/pasting every fake bullsh%t people throw on internet.This forum is going worse than our average narutard fan forums.
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 04:45   Link #82
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I swear we already have our confirmed spoiler so what's with all this stuff about Enel etc...

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 07:35   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Some pics are out. No doubt about it, Dadan is a woman alright, and quite a beauty...

Spoiler:

Looks like we're going to see the flashbacks we've got a sneak peek of during the war. So, mostly about Ace and Luffy's relationship, though I'm sure Oda will include some juicy info in it.
Old 2010-04-21, 08:24   Link #84
james0246

^Yeah, with one picture we know that Dadan is already going to be a classic character .

james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 09:35   Link #85
marvelB

Yep, I'm lovin Dadan already! She looks kinda like an older Sweetpea, which is definitely not a bad thing in my book. Can't wait to see how her relationship between Luffy and Ace is fleshed out.....

Also, I wonder how many people are already guessing that Dadan is Big Mom?

Edit: Uh, so apparently, her intro box says that she's the leader of some mountain bandits. Does this mean that she's the boss of that dude that got eaten by the sea king when the series began? Furthermore, it makes one curious as to why Garp entrusted two boys he intended to make into future marines to her, or all people.....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-04-21 at 09:45.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 10:31   Link #86
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yep, I'm lovin Dadan already! She looks kinda like an older Sweetpea, which is definitely not a bad thing in my book. Can't wait to see how her relationship between Luffy and Ace is fleshed out.....

Also, I wonder how many people are already guessing that Dadan is Big Mom?

Edit: Uh, so apparently, her intro box says that she's the leader of some mountain bandits. Does this mean that she's the boss of that dude that got eaten by the sea king when the series began? Furthermore, it makes one curious as to why Garp entrusted two boys he intended to make into future marines to her, or all people.....?
lol... i already made that prediction on page 2 of this thread dadan = big mom
Old 2010-04-21, 10:36   Link #87
james0246

^Dadan looks like a Biker Chick, and a common nickname for biker chicks are "Mama" or "Big Mama", so yeah...Dadan = Big Mom .

Sadly, it looks like the bounty spoiler is fake...oh well, next time Buggy, for sure...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 11:42   Link #88
marvelB

Yeah, I guess that bounty thing seemed to good to be true...... but who knows? Maybe Oda will surprise us after this flashback is done with!

Anyway, it's pretty amusing to see Garp torture Luffy with Haki even way back then. He also feels it was a mistake to leave Luffy in Fuchsia village because that place is too "softhearted", which is why he took him to Dadan in the mountains. And.... apparently, Ace is being raised in a bar (seriously, how's that gonna help him grow up to be a marine!? ). Well, I guess Garp and Dadan had quite an interesting history together if he trusts her enough to be his grandkids' guardian......
Old 2010-04-21, 12:04   Link #89
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Dadan is from 'Colbo' Bandits, not sure if that's the same group as the one who got eaten, most probably not.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 13:15   Link #90
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Bon-chan lives?! It that part is accurate, he officially became the most badass character in existence.
Old 2010-04-21, 13:23   Link #91
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Bon-chan lives?! It that part is accurate, he officially became the most badass character in existence.
lol he can live, just don't make him the next crew member...
Old 2010-04-21, 13:46   Link #92
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

The next chapter should be interesting, although I'm not a huge fan of timeskips. Always wanted to know what this Dadan is like ever since I first heard about him/her.

I also wonder what Luffy's bounty will amount to after the recent events. If it's not at least 500,000,000 I'll be disappointed.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 13:50   Link #93
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I really want to know what the Yonkous' and Dragon's bounty is. Far more dangerous and powerful than Luffy despite all the stuff Luffy has done.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:24   Link #94
Prestige

Chapter is out, Luffy is awake now but damn he didnt take news of Ace's death well... I think Luffy might have some serious charecter development ahead, I just hope he wont turn too emo or anything.

Aah Luffy and Ace flashback... I hope it lasts couple chapters atleast. Damn sad now that Ace died...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 14:25   Link #95
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Chapter is out, Luffy is awake now but damn he didnt take news of Ace's death well... I think Luffy might have some serious charecter development ahead, I just hope he wont turn too emo or anything.

Aah Luffy and Ace flashback... I hope it lasts couple chapters atleast. Damn sad now that Ace died...
Where can I find it?

Last edited by Kaizokugami; 2010-04-21 at 14:41.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:41   Link #96
andy

Chapter was good , time for back story for luffy .
Also Bepo was awesome and i am loving boa more and more.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 14:51   Link #97
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
Where can I find it?

Trust me, there are other sources (I can't mention any of them here, though). Seek, and you shall find.

Anyway, I checked out the chapter, as well. Exactly as I figured, Luffy's still in a state of shock and denial. I wouldn't be surprised if he passed out again, especially since his body still hasn't fully recovered yet. Nyon was right to keep Hancock away from him, because there's not really much she can do to ease the pain (I doubt even a feast is going to help Luffy right now). Also, Bepo's line this chapter is actually making me suspect that he may be an actual talking bear instead of a Zoan after all (either that, or he has some very...... particular tastes in women )......

Anyway, as far as the flashback goes, I really like the designs of those other bandits with Dadan (especially the midget guy). Turns out that Garp pretty much has the whole bandit group by the balls, since he says that jail's the alternative to raising Luffy and Ace. Y'know, this really is making me even more curious to know if that Higuma guy was part of Dadan's gang, after all......

So yeah, I rather enjoyed this chapter, even if it was a bit uneventful. Bit of a shame that another break is on the way, but I'll manage.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:55   Link #98
andy

MarvelB we have a talking starfish , so why not a talking bear lolol.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 14:55   Link #99
Prestige

I am really satisfied with this chapter, not much happened but it was quite informative.

First it seems Whitebeards last words re-ignited Grand age of Pirates and new pirate crews are formed and set off to Grand Line.

Trafalgar Law really suprised me when he decided to stay with Luffy and Jimbei for 2 weeks, but I guess he cant get out so easily without help of Kuja's because they are at calm belt now.

Hancock is really a love sick , really cute aswell.

But Luffy was great at this chapter, he really took Ace's death so hard, he is rampaging and destroying almost entire island in his grief and sorrow, he tries to deny whole thing at start but finally accepts that his brother died.

This is really good because if he would kept all it inside him he would most likely turned in total emo but he let it out with thunder and this helps him accepting what happened and recovering back to normal.

I guess Luffy will always mourn Ace but he should return back to his optimistic self after couple of weeks.

Really great to see Dadan at last, he was one of major mysteries in One Piece, hinted in numerous occasions but we never knew other than her name. She really has a unique charecter design, reminds me of Joz.

Oh and Ace spitted Luffy's face in their first meeting =)

Last edited by Prestige; 2010-04-21 at 15:21.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 14:58   Link #100
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Just finished reading it. My heart was squirming watching Luffy cry like that, I had to struggle to hold the tears back (yes, I get quite emotional when reading manga and watching anime).

marvelB basically covered anything else I had planned on saying, but it was a good chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Nyon was right to keep Hancock away from him, because there's not really much she can do to ease the pain (I doubt even a feast is going to help Luffy right now).
Luffy not having an appetite is a scary thought