AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-18, 17:08   Link #1281
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Freebies:
Let me have this!
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 17:42   Link #1282
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
I see Kinji being talked down to as a "typical loser" a lot already but he really didn't strike me as such. It seems he's trying to be a nobody and not stick out to try and remove himself from the school and its influences entirely (unsuccessfully). Also in his speed situation he was very clearly thinking of how to get out of it but it really was a terrible situation to try deal with alone (would need a true single shot to get out of it).

Also instead of being literally scared of girls and their "parts" he is trying to avoid them for a reason. To stay out of hysteria mode so he doesn't stick out and can convincingly leave the school. Not to mention he finds his mannerisms embarrassing afterward (he seems to hold all memory of it). I'm sure there are more issues that it can cause other than that.

Future episodes will tell, but this ep did not leave me with a "typical loser" feeling, his actions/reactions actually have a meaning to them that isn't denseness or idiocy.

With that...hmmm, I find this show's whole concept rather silly, buy for some reason I can't dislike it
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:18   Link #1283
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
As for Aria's hair - when you compare anime Louise and Aria aria really doenst look pink to me. Darker than pink to the point where she cannot be considered pink anymore.
Hmm, so clearly she isn't pink. I think I'll go with Strawberry blonde, she's not pink, but not as red as a strawberry but a little more on the lighter side

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This isn't any different than Infinite Stratos. They're both crap thanks to the generic loserguy and the "romance" themes.
Huh! I'd probably be laughing if Kinji had to enroll into an all-girls butei school because of his legendary powers that can only work because of a girl. Ok wait, I'm laughing, thinking about it, it really sounds cheesy and for some reason I want to actually see that

Might want to peek at that link in my sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
With that...hmmm, I find this show's whole concept rather silly, but for some reason I can't dislike it
I too find the whole idea of arming a detective above normal quite amusing, and a whole school of them to boot heck, they have their own island, might as well have no ties to any government and no diplomatic immunity to any criminals
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 88%, I hurt like an abused masochist...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:25   Link #1284
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I see Kinji being talked down to as a "typical loser" a lot already but he really didn't strike me as such. It seems he's trying to be a nobody and not stick out to try and remove himself from the school and its influences entirely (unsuccessfully). Also in his speed situation he was very clearly thinking of how to get out of it but it really was a terrible situation to try deal with alone (would need a true single shot to get out of it).

Also instead of being literally scared of girls and their "parts" he is trying to avoid them for a reason. To stay out of hysteria mode so he doesn't stick out and can convincingly leave the school. Not to mention he finds his mannerisms embarrassing afterward (he seems to hold all memory of it). I'm sure there are more issues that it can cause other than that.

Future episodes will tell, but this ep did not leave me with a "typical loser" feeling, his actions/reactions actually have a meaning to them that isn't denseness or idiocy.

With that...hmmm, I find this show's whole concept rather silly, buy for some reason I can't dislike it
Someone else posted Kinji's technical explanation of Hysteria mode from the novel so I'll post the more personality part that the anime skimmed over a little.

Spoiler for Hysteria Mode Personality:
__________________
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:28   Link #1285
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
So, long story short, he turns into Rintaro Okabe Kyouma Hououin.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:37   Link #1286
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Someone else posted Kinji's technical explanation of Hysteria mode from the novel so I'll post the more personality part that the anime skimmed over a little.

Spoiler for Hysteria Mode Personality:
Waahh.... Would have made a comical impact if he included the last few lines.. But the anime is probably going to make it so all the students at the school don't know his Hysteria mode possibly?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:42   Link #1287
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Thanks I didn't see that earlier. Pretty much he has a reason to act the way he does though rather than just being an idiot thanks
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:44   Link #1288
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Waahh.... Would have made a comical impact if he included the last few lines.. But the anime is probably going to make it so all the students at the school don't know his Hysteria mode possibly?
It's been established that he doesn't want anyone to know about Hysteria Mode so he can leave the Butei school and be a normal person. So we can come to the conclusion he's not going to try and tell anyone about it and those who are already at the school don't know about it either because they're not trying to stop him from leaving.

The only person who I think might even know about it is Shirayuki since they're childhood friends. Heck, it might even be because of that mode that she's so obsessively infatuated with him.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:50   Link #1289
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's been established that he doesn't want anyone to know about Hysteria Mode so he can leave the Butei school and be a normal person. So we can come to the conclusion he's not going to try and tell anyone about it and those who are already at the school don't know about it either because they're not trying to stop him from leaving.

The only person who I think might even know about it is Shirayuki since they're childhood friends. Heck, it might even be because of that mode that she's so obsessively infatuated with him.
Not entirely, you'll find out more later though, I skipped the rest of that section in the previous description
Spoiler for Rest of that description of Hysteria Mode regarding Shirayuki:


So basically people in the school have seen him in that mode especially the Assault students that he took the entrance exam with, no one knows the details though.
__________________

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-04-18 at 21:21.
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:50   Link #1290
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ~Bleh~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Someone else posted Kinji's technical explanation of Hysteria mode from the novel so I'll post the more personality part that the anime skimmed over a little.

Spoiler for Hysteria Mode Personality:
Wow, nice to see there is a reason he is acting the way he does around women. Thanks for posting it.
__________________
UltimaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:52   Link #1291
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
Wow, nice to see there is a reason he is acting the way he does around women. Thanks for posting it.
Yeah no problem I expected the anime to cover all the explanation but they seem to have skipped it or well explained in brief.
__________________
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 20:36   Link #1292
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
They will probably show it because it sucks if it doesn't because I was also surprised when I saw the part when Kinji enter the room and Aria is already there and already introduce herself.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 21:16   Link #1293
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It would be better and more worth watching if there were no male characters at all... at least in the primary cast.
YUCK. Speak for yourself; I'd hate it if it was like that!! I probably wouldn't watch it at ALL if that were the case! Kin-chan owns this show. It's definitely HIS show and he steals it. Not even Aria-chan, cute as she is, can steal it from the main character. Even though she stole the OP and ED credits XD

It's stupid to not have any male characters in a show.
It's also stupid to not have any female characters in a show.

Why is it stupid? Because they're basically saying "The opposite sex isn't important enough to include in our show". Which is very sexist in my eyes. Which is stupid. It's one thing if it takes place at an all girls/all guys school....but I still hate the idea.

Quote:
This isn't any different than Infinite Stratos. They're both crap thanks to the generic loserguy and the "romance" themes.
I don't know anything about IS (nor do I really care) but Kinji is absolutely NOT a "generic loserguy". He rocks!!
__________________

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-04-18 at 21:26.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 21:51   Link #1294
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I don't know anything about IS (nor do I really care) but Kinji is absolutely NOT a "generic loserguy". He rocks!!
They do have atleast 1 similarity from my view atleast. When not in combat they just act their normal lives and just get bumped into girl after girl going after them. But when they get into combat (when Kinji goes into Hysteria mode) they both turn from normal guys to complete fighting machines. Although atleast Kinji knows the advances of woman and how to react when caught in situations... That alone can make me like Kinji more then Ichika..
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:02   Link #1295
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I think Kinji's still pretty cool in his normal mode. Like with the knife, making that tired, "this-is-a-pain-in-the-ass" face, and he's obviously quite smart too.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:45   Link #1296
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Someone else posted Kinji's technical explanation of Hysteria mode from the novel so I'll post the more personality part that the anime skimmed over a little.

Spoiler for Hysteria Mode Personality:
This line... This line alone... Where have I seen someone else like this before...?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:53   Link #1297
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They do have atleast 1 similarity from my view atleast. When not in combat they just act their normal lives and just get bumped into girl after girl going after them. But when they get into combat (when Kinji goes into Hysteria mode) they both turn from normal guys to complete fighting machines. Although atleast Kinji knows the advances of woman and how to react when caught in situations... That alone can make me like Kinji more then Ichika..
Ichika was just a moron, *DO NOT ENTER* "derpderp wutz in here?" case and point. Lets not even get into his reactions to females, I'm pretty sure he doesn't fully understand there IS an opposite sex.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 01:38   Link #1298
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It would be better and more worth watching if there were no male characters at all... at least in the primary cast. My yuri desires aside, I'd rather see a show with no romance than yet another generic harem moeblob action/comedy/romance.
Just like they made a Railgun series for Index, actually they have an all-girls cast for HnA as well.
It's a manga series and the title is Hidan no Aria AA. They replaced Kinji with a freshman girl.

I personally liked Kinji a lot so HnA without his appearance is not really interesting for me.
I have yet to check it out myself.
__________________
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 01:50   Link #1299
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ~Bleh~
^ Wow haha, that is different. So it is the exact same setting and everything just Kinji isn't there and instead another girl is? Seems kinda odd.
__________________
UltimaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 02:17   Link #1300
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
^ Wow haha, that is different. So it is the exact same setting and everything just Kinji isn't there and instead another girl is? Seems kinda odd.
Reading the wikipedia it appears so. With a new system.

Spoiler for HnA AA Synopsis:
__________________

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-04-19 at 02:31.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.