AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-21, 23:50   Link #1401
tsunade666

Aria is civil because he trust Kinji or rather his skill which she saw herself. Unlike Shana and Louise in the first few episode and volume. A mystes is a mystes and your just a dog.

At least Aria treats kinji more than that and not just a human and you will knew more as the future episode shows.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 00:16   Link #1402
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Aria is civil because he trust Kinji or rather his skill which she saw herself. Unlike Shana and Louise in the first few episode and volume. A mystes is a mystes and your just a dog.

At least Aria treats kinji more than that and not just a human and you will knew more as the future episode shows.
I actually liked that. When I first saw her attitude on the episode 1, I though she was going more like the Louise or Taiga style, since she didn't completely hide her feeling as she got nervous when Kinji got on Hysteria Mode, but didn't act cold like as Shana.
In this episode I guess she considers him more like a partner than a slave, I think that it is just an excuse to get close to him and learn more about his other personality. I spected a little more about the episode but it got my interest to the next one. By the way, which are the fansubs that are officially releasing the episodes?
Old 2011-04-22, 00:20   Link #1403
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

There are reasons behind Aria's behaviors.

In v1c4 of light novel, they will explain why Aria uses the term slave rather than a partner.
Old 2011-04-22, 00:29   Link #1404
Xacual

Quote:
Second. They didn't show Aria when she is gathering info on Kinji. I liked to see that part but they didn't show it in the anime. They are still keeping info's about Aria too. But J.C. stuff maybe planned it all or they just skip it. I wonder and will just leave it to the studio.
The manga / novel didn't show it either. Kinji just overheard some girls that first day talking about Aria asking even the Masters about him.
Old 2011-04-22, 00:45   Link #1405
tsunade666

at least the manga/novel said about what she did last year which results in some boys creating a fan club for her. which adds more reason on why kinji is in top most kill list in butei boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I actually liked that. When I first saw her attitude on the episode 1, I though she was going more like the Louise or Taiga style, since she didn't completely hide her feeling as she got nervous when Kinji got on Hysteria Mode, but didn't act cold like as Shana.
In this episode I guess she considers him more like a partner than a slave, I think that it is just an excuse to get close to him and learn more about his other personality. I spected a little more about the episode but it got my interest to the next one. By the way, which are the fansubs that are officially releasing the episodes?
NICE

it will be explained and if you look at her behavior when Kinji said he hated her. She looks sad and when Kinji start investigating about her she looks happy XD

Old 2011-04-22, 00:59   Link #1406
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
I liked it too!

Quote:
In this episode I guess she considers him more like a partner than a slave, I think that it is just an excuse to get close to him and learn more about his other personality.
Ohhhhh, good observation!!
Old 2011-04-22, 01:05   Link #1407
HandofFate

I lost it @ Shirayuki's expression just before Kenji closes the door on her in episode 2.

Spoiler for shirayuki:

Don't really know anything about the source material. But I like the setting so far, and the main character's 'alter-ego' is interesting.

Not a fan of Aria. The tsundere thing I'm fine with, but she acts too much like an actual elementary school girl brat.
Old 2011-04-22, 01:14   Link #1408
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

From episode two, Aria seems like a fusion of all of JC Staff's popular girls

That serious business and single food obsession from Shana
That fun nobility and twintails from Nagi
That pink hair and Groin attack from Lousie
And just recently, that hunger and bite attack from Index

All in all, the pieces are all in place; if it wasn't a 1 cour series, I would almost be certain that there will be an Aria-tan special.

P.S - Funny how I sell 'Pink Hair' and 'Twintails' like they're a personality trait by themselves
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 01:33   Link #1409
recover

dont forget, she also pulled the famous r.kug line "urusai" a few times
recover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 01:47   Link #1410
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I lost it @ Shirayuki's expression just before Kenji closes the door on her in episode 2.

Spoiler for shirayuki:

Don't really know anything about the source material. But I like the setting so far, and the main character's 'alter-ego' is interesting.

Not a fan of Aria. The tsundere thing I'm fine with, but she acts too much like an actual elementary school girl brat.
since she's a miko... she can probably stalk you using divination or some shit that involves the suggestion of 'having an eye in the sky watching you sly' moment without following him physically.

im speculating the couple pairing to go liek this if a game will be had:

aria x kinji - as you can see already, but she's not all that guns-a-blazing with the guy tho

riko x kinji - there are spoilers around Riko but im pretty sure he can stand her facade.

shirayuki x kinji - my friend, you just signed a death warrant towards any girl that comes close to you whenever she's around.

reki x kinji - not yet... if they reach v6 (ima highly doubting that) then i'll pour my thoughts

???? x kinji - name will not be revealed... yet....
Old 2011-04-22, 02:13   Link #1411
tsunade666

but the pacing suggest that at most it would turn crap if they do vol 3 max and rushed crap if vol 5.2

And as for Aria. She acts in different ways. She acts immature about love and she acts mature if it's about butei business. Well she has her reasons and she is trained as a butei. You can say she's a secluded girl. Well she is a noble so that can be a reason but more reason to it is probably because of she's a butei or maybe family matters.

Princess/Oujo-sama type tend to know little about outside world. Aria is no exception in this.

Old 2011-04-22, 02:29   Link #1412
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Louise is not that bad in the novels. Its the anime that made her hardly bearable. But yeah even novel Louise considered, Aria is more civil than most of Rie tsunderes, despite her calling Kinji her slave.

But you have to realize that Kinji is not Saito. He isnt a retarded pervert that goes after each jiggle of tits. He is good looking and smart and - when in histeria mode - absolutely charming flirt.

Though of course Ryuji was a great hero too but it didnt stop Taiga being a complete bitch towards him through bigger part of the series.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 02:43   Link #1413
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I know that he is not Saito, they are two complete different characters in every sense of the word. But which I am saying is about Louise and Aria, both are two different characters as well. The protagonist of ZnT is way more arrogant and looks down at everyone that isn't at her "status" (at least at the begining), but Aria since the second episode shows humanity, cares about people's feelings (when she asks if Kinji dislikes her), and doesn't get mad/nervous even when somebody practicly researched her, she feels pleased by this. I do reconoze some tsundere aspects on her personality, but that's just to give it a familiar taste, she is complete differently of any other character that I've seen so far. To me, she is one of the most "mature" tsundere characters from Rie Kumiya.

Regarding Kinji, I am wondering which are his skills while being on his real mode, he mentioned that he was rank E, but that he got rank S on the first exam, kinda unbalanced to me, but maybe is just hidding his Hysteria Mode since he doesn't likes his other personality taking over. I am struggling to do not go to the novel for some spoilers, I hope this week pass fast to see which is going to happen.
Old 2011-04-22, 02:44   Link #1414
tsunade666

Louise is nice if Saito isn't doing skirt chasing though at first she still treats him a dog. It's a slow process but it sure win Saito when he hit the flag.

Taiga.... taiga hmm... she's friendly with Ryuuji and always needs helps from Ryuuji, depends on the guy but still I think Ryuuji didn't get that much treatment.

Nagi..... pure tsundere towards Hayate no Problem XD

Shana is also hard to deal with first but Yuuji didn't get physical mistreatment. His just been labeled as a "thing"

Aria.............. shoots at Kinji whenever he makes mistakes or irritates her -_- it's a good thing Kinji is trained butei if not she will be getting full of wind holes on his body. Though Aria knew she wouldn't ended up killing Kinji because of the bullet resistant uniforms of butei.

Aria is nice to be with as long as you don't irritate her though she's easily to be irritated if you question her. So Kinji just shuts up or do a monolog to deal with her.

Old 2011-04-22, 02:56   Link #1415
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Louise is nice if Saito isn't doing skirt chasing though at first she still treats him a dog. It's a slow process but it sure win Saito when he hit the flag.

Taiga.... taiga hmm... she's friendly with Ryuuji and always needs helps from Ryuuji, depends on the guy but still I think Ryuuji didn't get that much treatment.

Nagi..... pure tsundere towards Hayate no Problem XD

Shana is also hard to deal with first but Yuuji didn't get physical mistreatment. His just been labeled as a "thing"

Aria.............. shoots at Kinji whenever he makes mistakes or irritates her -_- it's a good thing Kinji is trained butei if not she will be getting full of wind holes on his body. Though Aria knew she wouldn't ended up killing Kinji because of the bullet resistant uniforms of butei.

Aria is nice to be with as long as you don't irritate her though she's easily to be irritated if you question her. So Kinji just shuts up or do a monolog to deal with her.
There is always an evolution when tsunderes, but which I am saying is the first part of their attitude.
If it's up to comparate with another characters...

Louise, practically obbligated Saito to be her dog, and disobey this would have costed him his life (no food).

Taiga, well, she is a little more mature, but still calls Ryuuji a dog and rages every time he asks about her feelings or something like that.

Nagi, well I never really got in to Hayate no Gotoku, so I can't really say anything about her.

Shana, got the reason to threat Yuji as a thing, but even after this she still hides her feelings and acts cold at him too.

Now to Aria, she indeed gets some unreasonable rages by times when she is actually the one that puts herselft in a bad situation or rushes to wrong conclussions, but as far as I get it she is the most easy-going tsundere from this whole.
Old 2011-04-22, 02:58   Link #1416
winkel

Why does everyone forget Yuuhi?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:04   Link #1417
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Because she isn't one of the four tsundere queens,
And everybody knows that Yuuhi was voiced by Kazane, since anime adaptations of VN will never cut it.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:29   Link #1418
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'll never understand the appeal of flat-chested, loli tsunderes who behave like elementary school girls... Probably why I stopped watching anime regularly.

Kinji is a very good character, not the run-of-the-mill type.
Aria on the other hand... a big minus, I find myself rolling my eyes and waiting for her screentime to end.
I like Shirayuki, and not simply because she has yandere tendencies.
Riko is also a plus.

So basically my main problem with this series is Rie Kugimiya in her patented annoying tsundere role. It's too bad she's also the principal love interest.
Old 2011-04-22, 03:36   Link #1419
tsunade666

why was Rie as the tsundere girl always a minus? You know. We've been using J.C staff girls voiced by Rie as comparison but first of all I didn't understand why we are doing it. Aside that it's kinda fun and all but kinda enigmatic for me.

Old 2011-04-22, 04:56   Link #1420
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Agniese was actually enjoyable, even though she was pounding Touma for a bit. Yukimura managed to steer out of the stereotype by mid-season too.

However, Aria is Shana with a pistol, hook, line and sinker... which is why I facepalmed at it. All that effort to break free from an annoying flat chest has been for nothing now.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere