AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-05-01, 08:59   Link #1861
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but I'm guessing they don't have armored gym equipment.

That's what bugs me: their sense of priorities. If you have to pick between armoring the bus and armoring the furniture inside the school, armor the bus. And teach the students some fire discipline.
But seeing these people live fire in training....the nearest equivalent would not be armoured gym equipment but rather bullet catchers and armoured shielding at live ranges or urban ops assault courses. Which do exist.
Old 2011-05-01, 09:00   Link #1862
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I believe Claymore is an anti-personnel mine.
My bad, just any random anti tank mine then.

Quote:
well just be fortunate that the Butei Killer didnt use IEDs, remote controlled a tank to their position instead of sending sports cars with IR UZIs on them, or a helo attack.
Didn't Kinji said there was enough explosive to blow up a tank?

Quote:
a Bradley IFV or Stryker picking up students is something else tho.
It sounds cool and all until you realize they don't come with air conditioning
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 09:58   Link #1863
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
I believe Claymore is an anti-personnel mine.
Claymore is a very interesting AP mine. Instead of lying underground and used against a group of targets, it is forward-firing and the 800 ball bearings can tear through human bodies and come out on the other end.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 10:04   Link #1864
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah, mainly about the brand and not the size I'd say similar to someone cutting out the warhead of a JDAM and sticking it under there.

Quote:
Before that, try worrying about the seating arrangement first but yeah, if anyone had to go armored, I'd say the lesser evil would be a MRAP.

But these kids are not soldiers! lol

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 10:16   Link #1865
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
My bad, just any random anti tank mine then.

no, the explosive was already strapped to the bus itself. Im talking about roadside IEDs that US troops faced in Iraq during the past few years.

and also, the Bradley can load up to six people and also with the Stryker (saw one but never went inside the troop compartment) too. A military truck can be requisitioned tho.

@mangatron: they might as well be, as Assault students are trained like Spec. Ops. comparable to any unit in the world
Old 2011-05-01, 10:28   Link #1866
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Yeah, mainly about the brand and not the size I'd say similar to someone cutting out the warhead of a JDAM and sticking it under there.
Here is something I have seen before with my own eyes : a block of C4 explosive at the size of two IPhones stacked one-on-top-of-another can blow a hole 15m wide and 5m deep in beach sand.

In Tron terminology, it would be that an explosive the size of Aria's chest can bomb out a hole that is 10 times her height in width and 5 times her height in depth.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-01, 10:33   Link #1867
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

And now she blows YOU to bits for saying she's only 2 iPhones worth.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 10:35   Link #1868
tsunade666

Quote:

they might as well be, as Assault students are trained like Spec. Ops. comparable to any unit in the world
that's true too but they are rank from E to S. And that rank depends on their skills. Rank S are the one who deal with terrorist and even a three rank S isn't enough to deal with big time terrorist. Rank A often deals in criminals with team coordination. Teamwork is still a key to make it succeed.

And the opponent this time is cunning enough to plan the bomb and sensor without being notice or leaving any clue behind. A couple of assault students aren't enough to deal with that.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 10:44   Link #1869
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Who cares about her chest! I am just making it pervertically correct with Tron terminology!

It is obvious that the amount of explosive the size of my waifu's (Riko) chest can- *gets blown up by a sudden explosion*

Old 2011-05-01, 11:21   Link #1870
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

And the opponent this time is cunning enough to plan the bomb and sensor without being notice or leaving any clue behind. A couple of assault students aren't enough to deal with that.
More like the home team was careless enough that they didn't bother to check the bus before it went into operation.
Old 2011-05-01, 11:38   Link #1871
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
More like the home team was careless enough that they didn't bother to check the bus before it went into operation.
I'm not sure on if it's the company's fault or the maintenance because if it's a continues moving bus then it will just follow it's route. Then after a designated turns it will park. So I see no reason much to check it every time you enter a school district, specially a butei district. Though the time of when it's been attached is also questionable because even if they check it before taking off. It can be attached in the bus stop by a professional. Since the bomb type is a c4 plastic bomb with proper equipment it will take only seconds to put it in place.

Old 2011-05-01, 11:43   Link #1872
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm not sure on if it's the company's fault or the maintenance because if it's a continues moving bus then it will just follow it's route. Then after a designated turns it will park. So I see no reason much to check it every time you enter a school district, specially a butei district. Though the time of when it's been attached is also questionable because even if they check it before taking off. It can be attached in the bus stop by a professional. Since the bomb type is a c4 plastic bomb with proper equipment it will take only seconds to put it in place.
There was also a sensor on the roof. So it took more than a few seconds to pull that off.
Old 2011-05-01, 11:53   Link #1873
tsunade666

Quote:
There was also a sensor on the roof. So it took more than a few seconds to pull that off.
the sensor in the roof is probably the troublesome part. The bomb below is easy to be attach but in the roof. Slight noise will alert the ears of trained butei.

Old 2011-05-01, 12:09   Link #1874
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That's right, she's at least 2 iPods worth.

Quote:
I don't think it's standard procedure for bus drivers to check for bombs...
Old 2011-05-01, 12:18   Link #1875
orion

Quote:
I don't think it's standard procedure for bus drivers to check for bombs...
It only takes a camera and sensor that the bus passes over and under on the way out of the company garage.

If someone is trying to kill Butei and put a bomb on a student's bike, then the natural extension would be to do something to the bus.
Old 2011-05-01, 12:29   Link #1876
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
It only takes a camera and sensor that the bus passes over and under on the way out of the company garage.

If someone is trying to kill Butei and put a bomb on a student's bike, then the natural extension would be to do something to the bus.
Hmm how do I explain this... Okay, you're right, but you're also looking at it on hindsight. We don't know what the killer is after or his motives, it could be a bus, or he would just target individual students, criminals don't always escalate, some would maintain their pattern.

Now secondly, you may or may not agree, but a single incident isn't enough to get people to go on alert status, partly because of the mentality of "I'm not going to be that unlucky". But after a bigger incident like this, it would get people's attention.
Old 2011-05-01, 12:37   Link #1877
tsunade666

Quote:
Now secondly, you may or may not agree, but a single incident isn't enough to get people to go on alert status, partly because of the mentality of "I'm not going to be that unlucky". But after a bigger incident like this, it would get people's attention.
Plus to this. There's already been a report of the butei killer being arrested. it's only Aria saying that this one is original and the one been captured is a fake. But with no physical evidence to boot it still based on her intuition or instinct. That's why even Kinji is having problem on understanding the situation

Old 2011-05-01, 15:59   Link #1878
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I still say they're inconsistently paranoid. They force their students to go armed and armored, but they use completely unsecured transportation? (Not that inconsistent paranoia's necessarily unrealistic, mind.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 16:22   Link #1879
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I believe 'tis a public bus that stops at the dormitories stop. So, unless all buses running that route are armored, I guess it's no dice.

Armouring a vehicle is pretty expensive.

It's not like the personal armor didn't help with the bus-jacking, at least ^^
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 16:36   Link #1880
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
I believe 'tis a public bus that stops at the dormitories stop. So, unless all buses running that route are armored, I guess it's no dice.
Or, you know, forbid the students from using public lines and putting in place an armored bus service from the dorms to school. With a garage under guard.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere