AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 09:55   Link #801
Nayim

This is sad news:

Strider deconfirm by Ryoya Niitsuma

and no Captain Commando and any Megaman, which is stupid. Check Eventhub.
Old 2010-11-30, 10:28   Link #802
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
You know it really wouldn't be the first time Capcom added a character who isn't a fighter into the VS games. I don't remember his name but I'm sure someone can back me up here, that nerdy Japanese high school boy where his super is throwing all his stationary at you. He's a joke character but he's pretty fun to play as. MvC strength is that it can appeal to competitive fighting gamers as well as casual fighting gamers by having a lot of fan favourite characters to attract people who are not originally interested in fighting games. It's just a nice thing to have different characters from different Capcom franchises to be in it, it's also a good chance for Capcom to flex their muscles and show off their characters.
That would be Norimaro you're referring to. The difference here is that he doesn't stem from a Capcom franchise. He was just a one-time joke who has faded into obscurity. Capcom isn't inventing characters on the spot for MvC3; the source material is already there.

Quote:
I don't really see why you should complain if he makes it in the game. I also don't see your logic of whining about people who whine, that's just going to make things worse. Last I checked none of us were whining, we were just hoping that our favourite character would make it in...a very normal thing to do as a fan. If we weren't talking about it we won't be excited for the game.
I never complained nor whined. Did you read my initial post regarding Phoenix Wright? I was just pointing out an observation.

@Nayim - I just checked Eventhubs and I didn't see anything about the omission of the aforementioned characters.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-11-30 at 10:42.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 12:02   Link #803
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
This is sad news:

Strider deconfirm by Ryoya Niitsuma

and no Captain Commando and any Megaman, which is stupid. Check Eventhub.
You sure you didn't run into a fake post?

Eventhub is usualliy filled with fake news, I checked it out juts a moment ago and the latest official anouncmente from MARVEL vs Capcom 3 is dated November 29th and says this:

Quote:
Famitsu: About 10 more fighters to be announced for MvC3
Famitsu: About 10 more fighters to be announced for MvC3

AndriaSang.com translated an interview that Famitsu conducted with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 producer, Ryota Niitsuma. There's a number of interest bits here, but probably the most compelling was Famitsu believes that there are 10 more fighters that will be announced for the game.

This didn't seem like a concrete statement, but more of a logical assumption on their part considering other remarks by Niitsuma.

Anyway, here's a bulleted list of the most interesting things that were stated here, but you can hit this link to check out the article for yourself.

Famitsu believes that as of Nov. 30, 2010, there are ten more characters to be announced. Some of these may be DLC fighters, though.

Having 6 people playing online at one time with one person controlling each character was considered at one point, but dropped due to online networking constraints.

The team is having trouble with online play due to the 3 on 3 aspect of the game.

Niitsuma stressed that MvC3 did not come about because of the success of Street Fighter IV. MvC3 an SFIV started as separate projects. In fact, Capcom has been undergoing negotiations with Marvel for years.

Capcom included a lot of older MvC2 fighters to balance out the roster, as far as speed, power and gender, and other similar attributes went.

MvC3's development team is made up partially of old MvC2 staff members, some Tatsunoko vs. Capcom people, among others.

Converting 2D characters to 3D has proven especially challenging. A special note about Amaterasu being the most difficult to recreate in MvC3 was made here as well.

As previously stated, all of the playable characters have their own personal background music.

Niitsuma stated again that Monster Hunter characters would not be in this.
Also, conciderating this appeared on the web yesterday:

I doubt megaman is disconfirmed
Old 2010-11-30, 13:03   Link #804
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
You sure you didn't run into a fake post?

Eventhub is usualliy filled with fake news, I checked it out juts a moment ago and the latest official anouncmente from MARVEL vs Capcom 3 is dated November 29th and says this:

Also, conciderating this appeared on the web yesterday:

I doubt megaman is disconfirmed
Look Ryota Twitter. I don't know where the link is but i think just google it.
Old 2010-11-30, 13:36   Link #805
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That would be Norimaro you're referring to. The difference here is that he doesn't stem from a Capcom franchise. He was just a one-time joke who has faded into obscurity. Capcom isn't inventing characters on the spot for MvC3; the source material is already there.

I never complained nor whined. Did you read my initial post regarding Phoenix Wright? I was just pointing out an observation.

@Nayim - I just checked Eventhubs and I didn't see anything about the omission of the aforementioned characters.
First of all, I think I already justified why people want Phoenix Wright, and why it isn't an absolute joke that Capcom adds him to the roster. Inventing or not, Norimaro or what.

Second of all, I did read your posts as well as all the ones after. Forgive me if it sounds like I'm accusing you but you must understand that I felt a slight hostility in your post against people who are asking for Phoenix Wright to be in MvC3. First of all you claimed it to be an absolute joke, then you mentioned the new generation of gamers who whine when ever they can't get what they want. Given how there is a sense of mockery in your choice of words, you can't blame me to assume that your "observation" also carries negative feelings (hence whine and complain). And since the initial post was made directly after mine, it isn't far fetched for me to misunderstand your post as a reply to mine. Even if it was indirect I felt like I should reply to it anyway, just to justify why people want Pheonix Wright and how their wishful thinking isn't outrageous nonsense.

Last edited by jonli; 2010-11-30 at 13:46.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 14:12   Link #806
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
First of all, I think I already justified why people want Phoenix Wright, and why it isn't an absolute joke that Capcom adds him to the roster. Inventing or not, Norimaro or what.

Second of all, I did read your posts as well as all the ones after. Forgive me if it sounds like I'm accusing you but you must understand that I felt a slight hostility in your post against people who are asking for Phoenix Wright to be in MvC3. First of all you claimed it to be an absolute joke, then you mentioned the new generation of gamers who whine when ever they can't get what they want. Given how there is a sense of mockery in your choice of words, you can't blame me to assume that your "observation" also carries negative feelings (hence whine and complain).
I'm stating the truth here, my friend. You shouldn't take offense, especially since you're not in the group of people I'm referring to.

And you've still misunderstood me. "That is an absolute joke" was referring to the people who won't buy this game because of Phoenix Wright not being in. That just verifies how spoiled and dissatisfied they are. To accommodate for everyone is a difficult endeavor (due to limited roster size and balance), but they don't seem to understand.
Old 2010-11-30, 14:30   Link #807
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
I don't know many people who wouldn't buy this game just cause Phoenix Wright wasn't added to the game, but I guess? there might be some people who would do that? I mean, he WAS being put into Tatsunoko vs Capcom (hell, you could see him in the art books), but they gave a very valid point as to why they stopped and removed him~

Quote:
It all came down to Wright's signature move: screaming "Objection!" at his adversaries. As GoNintendo reports (via Kotaku), producer Ryota Niitsuma explained the whole thing to NGamer:

Because Phoenix Wright only has one move, 'Objection!', we struggled. We designed a move for him: when he says objection, the actual writing attacks the opponent. However, 'objection' in Japanese is 'igiari' -- it's four characters, whereas 'objection' becomes ten [note: we're guessing he was counting the exclamation point.] When we localize, the balance of the game gets destroyed because the move becomes bigger. There'd be no way of avoiding it! We had to remove him for these reason. In the future, it is one of our aims to get him in.
Behold: Thus is the power of Wright's mighty "Objection!" Still, you have to wonder: Couldn't Capcom have simply used a smaller typeface for this move in the U.S.version to make the attack itself the same size as in the Japanese version?

Anyway, the good news seems to be that if there is a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 (and there well may be), it sounds like Phoenix Wright has a good chance of making it in.

So in summary, his "OBJECTION!" attack was too powerful
Old 2010-11-30, 15:22   Link #808
tkdtiger

Like I said though Roll was a maid robot with only one game in the Megaman series where she was playable and guess what her weapon was...a broom. Of course she got a blaser for Marvel vs Capcom and sure since she's a robot she can be upgraded. They can easily add to his story that he was taught a little martial arts or give him a big gavel as a weapon. Not only that the Fey family have channeling abilities and he now has that psyche heart power or what ever. So I can envision quite a bit with him actually, but I do think he'd be more of a comical character... or a cameo would still be nice...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 22:53   Link #809
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Like I said though Roll was a maid robot with only one game in the Megaman series where she was playable and guess what her weapon was...a broom. Of course she got a blaser for Marvel vs Capcom and sure since she's a robot she can be upgraded. They can easily add to his story that he was taught a little martial arts or give him a big gavel as a weapon. Not only that the Fey family have channeling abilities and he now has that psyche heart power or what ever. So I can envision quite a bit with him actually, but I do think he'd be more of a comical character... or a cameo would still be nice...
There is a big detail that puts Roll out as an example for the point

She is not in MARVEL vs Capcom 3, we're speaking of the current game and so far, all characters here are fighters at some point

And, Battlenetwork Roll fights actually :roleyeS:

I don't find any reliavle resoan at all to keep this discussion guys, conciderating Phoenix Wright was disconfirmed almost since the first day, this discussion sounds quite getting out of the topic.

Quote:
Look Ryota Twitter. I don't know where the link is but i think just google it.
Nop, nothing, but what I found in another web, was a voice casting for the characters in english and there appears Zachary Gordon as english voice for Megaman, so...

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764479/

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2010-11-30 at 23:09.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 23:55   Link #810
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm stating the truth here, my friend. You shouldn't take offense, especially since you're not in the group of people I'm referring to.

And you've still misunderstood me. "That is an absolute joke" was referring to the people who won't buy this game because of Phoenix Wright not being in. That just verifies how spoiled and dissatisfied they are. To accommodate for everyone is a difficult endeavor (due to limited roster size and balance), but they don't seem to understand.
I see, I did wonder if I misunderstood you. I apologize for that.
Old 2010-12-01, 00:50   Link #811
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
There is a big detail that puts Roll out as an example for the point

She is not in MARVEL vs Capcom 3, we're speaking of the current game and so far, all characters here are fighters at some point

And, Battlenetwork Roll fights actually :roleyeS:

I don't find any reliavle resoan at all to keep this discussion guys, conciderating Phoenix Wright was disconfirmed almost since the first day, this discussion sounds quite getting out of the topic.

Nop, nothing, but what I found in another web, was a voice casting for the characters in english and there appears Zachary Gordon as english voice for Megaman, so...

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764479/
I think it's a completely valid comparison since I am talking about the relationship of the marvel vs capcom series as a whole as for roll i think it's quite clear i am referring to the main continuity of megaman rather than the battlenetwork version which they didn't use in the marvel vs capcom series even than she was mainly a healer and we were only debating if he could fit in the series

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2010-12-01 at 01:03.
Old 2010-12-01, 07:21   Link #812
Nayim

Yup, Strider Hiryu is trully deconfirmed, here the link:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/n...l-vs-capcom-3/

Stupid western audience.
Old 2010-12-01, 11:05   Link #813
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yup, Strider Hiryu is trully deconfirmed, here the link:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/n...l-vs-capcom-3/

Stupid western audience.
Well, at leats Megaman is not disconfirmed.
Old 2010-12-01, 11:24   Link #814
Blackbeard D. Kuma

How does Strider not fit in with the concept? That doesn't sound plausible, especially since Niitsuma didn't elaborate beyond that statement whatsoever. The only real explanation I can think of is that since Zero and Dante both use swords, Capcom felt Strider would play too similar to them. It seems the approach here is that newer faces are taking precedence over older ones, for the sake of giving this game a "fresh" feel.
Old 2010-12-01, 12:56   Link #815
tkdtiger

I always.wind up playing wolverine and ryu wish they would put Feilong and iron fist in the game
Old 2010-12-01, 13:59   Link #816
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
I can't believe Strider didn't make it, and if I saw correctly he was lost in translation even in the DLC poll. I sure wished if Gambit or Psylocke made it but just as above user stated... it's for the sake of having a fresh feel.

You people have no idea what Zero is fighting foaaar !!!
Joke aside, I'm really digging him as a character, probably will be one of my most usable ones. His moves are mostly taken from Megaman X4 if I remember it right, which is pretty cool.
Old 2010-12-02, 06:00   Link #817
Frailty
God-General
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
I lament that Srider Hiryu won't make it
but I do wonder if his brother will though

Hien

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 22:41   Link #818
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I lament that Srider Hiryu won't make it
but I do wonder if his brother will though

Hien
If Hiryu isn't in it then what hope does Hien has?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 23:41   Link #819
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Now let's talk about the possibility of X being a character in the game.

Should he end up being playable WHAT theme from his games do you think would be fitting for him to fight to during this game?

I personally think this would be an appropriate battle theme for X:

Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 06:04   Link #820
Frailty
God-General
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
If Hiryu isn't in it then what hope does Hien has?
Capcom just disconfirmed Hiryu
I think they didn't mention anything that no one from the Strider series will join the roster
so Hien has a chance... but prolly he'll won't make the cut either
and his fighting style is different though he uses the same weapon as Hiryu

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, marvel, ps3, xbox360