AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-03, 06:39   Link #821
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This topic has been beaten to death, but I'll ask you one more question .

How would you explain Capcom putting in Marrow over Thor in MvC2? Marrow is such an obscure character that has hardly had any involvement in Marvel Comics. Her popularity pales in comparison to Thor's. Even to people who don't read comics, a lot of them will at least know who Thor is, whereas they same definitely can't be said for Marrow.
Uh of course people who don't read comics know who Thor is... and I really shouldn't have to explain why.

As for Marrow being in MvC2 over much more popular characters, that has nothing to do with Capcom stating that Marvel's inclusions for MvC3 are characters they want to push. Capcom have numerous characters they wanted to do but weren't authorized by Marvel. Obviously Marvel don't want Cable in MvC3 because they just killed his character.. etc. Thor otoh is getting a movie, include him please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Thor is popular out of his media, the fact you didn't know him doesn't mean he's unpopular), now your point is that Thor is not popular because he's not as known as Ironman or Spidey out of the comics media... hell, Ironman was as "unknown" as Thor before his movie.
I know who Thor is.

Quote:
(In fact, do you realise Ironman wasn't a playable character on the firts MARVEL vs Capcom? Not even an assist and in MvC 2 he was bassically Warmachine's sprites in diferent colors.
It was a license issue IIRC that got resolved for MvC2, they used War Machine as a work around since Warmachine is basically a Iron Man clone anyway.

Quote:
Do you realise that Devilotte, Arthur, US Agent, Anita, Dave, Xavier, Toon Poh and many others where assist characters in the first MARVEL vs Capcom but didn't got a full character in MARVEL vs Capcom 2?
And outside of Xavier how many of them are anywhere near Thor's popularity in the Marvel universe? And Xavier obviously is a lot more of complex character to implement in a fighting game than Thor would've been...

Quote:
And for your information, many people complained that Thor wasn't a full character in MvC2, he was like the big absence in that game.
I was too busy playing it to read forums where comic fans were bitching about that.

Quote:
To resume, if you don't know the character, it doesn't mean he's unpopular, you're just one persone among the 6,883,900,000 aprox of people that lives in this world.
My entire argument is

Capcom said Marvel's inclusions are characters being pushed by Marvel
Thor has a movie coming out as well as an Avengers movie after that
He's in MvC3 because of those movies, he's a pushed character in the Marvel universe atm.
Thor is unknown to main stream fans, people know Thor (you mean marvel didn't come up with Thor! What! Odin too!! and LOKI!! WTF) but not as a Marvel comic book character.

Nothing in that says I don't know the character, but please repeat that and keep missing the point.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 09:56   Link #822
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Should he end up being playable WHAT theme from his games do you think would be fitting for him to fight to during this game?
I personally think this would be an appropriate battle theme for X:

Spoiler for Youtube video:

I still preferred Zero's Sky Lagoon theme.

The chances of this theme below being in the game is almost impossible but I would still love it to be X's theme. CM is one of my long time favorites.

Spoiler for Youtube video:
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 15:16   Link #823
Olivia_688
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
im crazy about this game always had ever since >
__________________
Olivia_688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 21:37   Link #824
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Capcom said Marvel's inclusions are characters being pushed by Marvel
Thor has always been pushed by MARVEL, he was one of the very first big heroes of MARVEL!

Quote:
Thor has a movie coming out as well as an Avengers movie after that
He's in MvC3 because of those movies, he's a pushed character in the Marvel universe atm.
Oh, so, since Captian AMerica is getting a movie as well I suppose that's why he's in the game, not because he's a big character in the MARVEL universe.

Thor is in the game because HE IS a founder member of the Avengers along with Captain AMerica and Ironman, he's a big figure in the MARVEL Universe, he's a big figure in the MARVEL story, that's why he is in the game. (in fact, that's why he's getting a movie as well, because he's important in MARVEL comics)

Quote:
Thor is unknown to main stream fans, people know Thor (you mean marvel didn't come up with Thor! What! Odin too!! and LOKI!! WTF) but not as a Marvel comic book character.
Gah, all comics, even anime sometimes grab characters from Mythology and leyends (Haven't you seen the "Loki" anime?), there's no sin about taking a character from mythologi and adapting it to a fantasy universe.

And fans know Thor as MARVEL character!

Quote:
Nothing in that says I don't know the character, but please repeat that and keep missing the point.
And what is that point? That he shouldn't be in the game? Why? Just because you don't like him and you think he's not important?

Now, if Thor weren't in this game, people would be complaining a lot, I can tell you that.
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 23:04   Link #825
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh of course people who don't read comics know who Thor is... and I really shouldn't have to explain why.

As for Marrow being in MvC2 over much more popular characters, that has nothing to do with Capcom stating that Marvel's inclusions for MvC3 are characters they want to push. Capcom have numerous characters they wanted to do but weren't authorized by Marvel. Obviously Marvel don't want Cable in MvC3 because they just killed his character.. etc. Thor otoh is getting a movie, include him please!
Dude, my argument to you is that Thor's upcoming movie isn't the only reason why he's in the roster. He's a Marvel icon that should have been included in the previous installments, for reasons I've already elaborated on. Nuff said.

What about Shuma Gorath? Why the hell is he back in the roster? This guy has plummeted into the depths of obscurity and for good reason since he's had so little involvement in the marvel universe. Honestly, almost no one gives a damn about this character, so don't give me the BS excuse of Marvel wanting to push him.

This argument has gotten tedious. We understand your point, but that's obviously not the only factor determining who makes the roster. Your logic alone has holes in it.

And with that said, I won't perpetuate this argument any further with you since you constantly ignore what I and others have said. Or maybe it's because you don't know how to read. Instead of telling others to "Learn to read", maybe you should take your own advice .

---------------

Moving on........

I have a sneaking suspicion that the next reveals for Capcom will be Megaman (which incarnation that will be, I don't know) and Frank West. For Marvel, it's hard to predict.

What do you guys think?
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 23:24   Link #826
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Yeah, I'm seeing Frank West being announced next (though, wasn't he already leaked?)


As for Marvel, I'm still waiting on Venom, Blade, Punisher, Gambit, and Daredevil. Hell, maybe Ms. Marvel too~
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:04   Link #827
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Yeah, I'm seeing Frank West being announced next (though, wasn't he already leaked?)
Yeah, his shadow was spotted sinc ethe very first trailer and promo of the game, rumprs in the wbe say he is supossed to be revealed after the launch of Deadrising 2 case west, but I doubt that, I'm pretty sure he'll be next to be anounced as for the capcom side.


Quote:
As for Marvel, I'm still waiting on Venom, Blade, Punisher, Gambit, and Daredevil. Hell, maybe Ms. Marvel too~
Sorry for being the one to tell you this but Punisher, Blade, Dardevil and Gambit were alredy disconfirmed. D:
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:10   Link #828
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Yeah, his shadow was spotted sinc ethe very first trailer and promo of the game, rumprs in the wbe say he is supossed to be revealed after the launch of Deadrising 2 case west, but I doubt that, I'm pretty sure he'll be next to be anounced as for the capcom side.




Sorry for being the one to tell you this but Punisher, Blade, Dardevil and Gambit were alredy disconfirmed. D:

Well, that sucks.


Well, least I got Venom to look forward to. Though, I wouldn't be too against the idea of Carnage instead of Venom~
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 06:36   Link #829
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 24
West better not be in this game. He was a comical Jill in TvC and now Jill is BACK so no need.
__________________
iwatch2muchanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 10:22   Link #830
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Bad for u, because practically West is confirmed be on game since the game announced.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 11:30   Link #831
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
West better not be in this game. He was a comical Jill in TvC and now Jill is BACK so no need.
Also, the Jill here is RE5 Jill, and in RE5 there was no zombies but majingis, something tells me this Jill is gonna have a whole new set of moves and I don't think she'll summon zombies this time (Perhaps she'll summon majingis, who knows?)
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 15:14   Link #832
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Also, the Jill here is RE5 Jill, and in RE5 there was no zombies but majingis, something tells me this Jill is gonna have a whole new set of moves and I don't think she'll summon zombies this time (Perhaps she'll summon majingis, who knows?)
Or maybe she'll just kick your ass as you try to remove the thing from her chest.


I know she's good at that...
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:31   Link #833
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 24
lol OR they keep her the same and change West outright
__________________
iwatch2muchanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:47   Link #834
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
lol OR they keep her the same and change West outright
I really doubt they'll put Frank out, he's top on the most requested characters by the fans.

I mean, he's covered wars you know?
__________________
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:57   Link #835
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blackbeard your example about Shuma Gorath looks dumb if he becomes a major figure in the near future.... just because they are included in a game coming out in Feb doesn't mean they have to be pushed as we speak.

Also MegaMan and Frank West look like being DLC.. someone leaked the roster being the gamestop leak.. and listed Shuma and Jill as DLC downloads.. Akuma and Taskmaster as unlocks.

Spoiler for Neogaf list:


lol @ the leaker forgetting Thor. Also before gamestop leaked jill and shuma a lot of people shot this down due to Hsien-ko being listed and the no more darkstalkers characters could be included comments. Of course when jill and shuma leaked people reread those comments.. and he said he can't put anymore in and of course never said he only had 2..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Thor has always been pushed by MARVEL, he was one of the very first big heroes of MARVEL!
He was their biggest period in the 70's... this isn't the 70s.

Quote:
Oh, so, since Captian AMerica is getting a movie as well I suppose that's why he's in the game, not because he's a big character in the MARVEL universe.
Not worth replying too.

Quote:
Thor is in the game because HE IS a founder member of the Avengers along with Captain AMerica and Ironman,
And the other founding members are in this game too right, hint there's more than 3 and no Hulk doesn't count.

Quote:
he's a big figure in the MARVEL Universe
Never said he wasn't.

Quote:
Gah, all comics, even anime sometimes grab characters from Mythology and leyends (Haven't you seen the "Loki" anime?), there's no sin about taking a character from mythologi and adapting it to a fantasy universe.
Holy cow it's Captain Obvious!

Quote:
And fans know Thor as MARVEL character!
Considering "fans" means they actually read the comics I would hope they do, doesn't change that when you say Thor to people who don't follow comics they don't associate him with Marvel or comics.

Quote:
And what is that point? That he shouldn't be in the game? Why? Just because you don't like him and you think he's not important?
My point is he's in this game because he's getting pushed. You disagree?

Quote:
Now, if Thor weren't in this game, people would be complaining a lot, I can tell you that.
Considering how everyone who's played it have said Thor is horrible in this game we'll see how many people are whining about Thor being low tier lol.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-12-05 at 01:08.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 01:40   Link #836
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Blackbeard your example about Shuma Gorath looks dumb if he becomes a major figure in the near future.... just because they are included in a game coming out in Feb doesn't mean they have to be pushed as we speak.

Also MegaMan and Frank West look like being DLC.. someone leaked the roster being the gamestop leak.. and listed Shuma and Jill as DLC downloads.. Akuma and Taskmaster as unlocks.

Spoiler for Neogaf list:


lol @ the leaker forgetting Thor. Also before gamestop leaked jill and shuma a lot of people shot this down due to Hsien-ko being listed and the no more darkstalkers characters could be included comments. Of course when jill and shuma leaked people reread those comments.. and he said he can't put anymore in and of course never said he only had 2..



He was their biggest period in the 70's... this isn't the 70s.



Not worth replying too.



And the other founding members are in this game too right, hint there's more than 3 and no Hulk doesn't count.



Never said he wasn't.



Holy cow it's Captain Obvious!



Considering "fans" means they actually read the comics I would hope they do, doesn't change that when you say Thor to people who don't follow comics they don't associate him with Marvel or comics.



My point is he's in this game because he's getting pushed. You disagree?



Considering how everyone who's played it have said Thor is horrible in this game we'll see how many people are whining about Thor being low tier lol.
You knwo, you're cetanly acting as a complete brick wall, I think I'll just let you putting your hands over your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs.

It's obvious you don't like Thor and that's why you're bitching about him, go on, keep doing it, Thor is in the game and nothing you can say will change that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, changing the subjetc, I found in the web something interesting about the second "story trailer"

Remember the pilot from the helicopter that crashed? Well, he's wearing Fran West's outfit O3O

Spoiler for Franky spotted?:
__________________

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2010-12-05 at 01:54.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 02:10   Link #837
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Being the huge Thor fan that I am I can't help but argue a few points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
My point is he's in this game because he's getting pushed. You disagree?
So you're absolutley sure on this. I know plenty of people who barely ever read comics, if at all, who know who Thor is (and know that he is part of the Avengers or Marvel). Thor has been in popular, mainstream comics every month for the last 50ish years, roughly. He has had many tv appearances through the 60s, 70s 80s, 90s, and current decade and of course now he's getting his own major film. Thor was probably about as roughly known to the mainstream as Iron-man was before his whole movie period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
My point is he's in this game because he's getting pushed. You disagree?
Sure it has been stated that Marvel is trying to push some franchises, but the simple fact is that you don't know all the details about how these decisions were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Considering how everyone who's played it have said Thor is horrible in this game we'll see how many people are whining about Thor being low tier lol.
Really, everyone has said that? I hadn't heard. Well then I'll gladly be the only person using this scrub of a character.
__________________

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-12-05 at 02:39.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 02:44   Link #838
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Really, everyone has said that? I hadn't heard. Well then I'll gladly be the only person using this scrub of a character.
I respect you, sir. Don't let tiers dictate which characters you'll pick. It's the player that ultimately matters and makes the difference.

Not to mention that it's still too early to even be discussing tiers for this game. We'll see where the characters stand once the game comes out and the community has ample time to experiment.

It's funny how this argument has escalated all because of one person's obstinacy. Clearly this particularly individual is narrow minded beyond belief, so it's best to not even bother with him. I know I won't .
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 03:07   Link #839
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, if Akuma IS in this game, I really hope they use more of his Street Fighter IV moveset. Every other game, most of his moves were just powered up versions of Ryu and Ken.


Though, poor Ryu. YEARS of fighting and his moveset never changes. I wonder how to do a Hadoken in this game~
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 08:12   Link #840
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I really doubt they'll put Frank out, he's top on the most requested characters by the fans.

I mean, he's covered wars you know?
I didn't say they'd take him out, i said they'd change him as he would play anywhere near the same as TvC
__________________
iwatch2muchanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, marvel, ps3, xbox360

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.