AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-04, 15:35   Link #1601
GDB

The Raccoon is Marvel, Megaman is Capcom. A more apt rant would include Firebrand, since he's on the same half of the roster.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 15:51   Link #1602
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
People seem to forget that you can TRADE IN games. Why not just give up your copy of the original MvC3 for a discount on UMvC3? That's what I plan to do. I don't need an out-of-date version of something.

And while valid points are being made, no-one is changing my mind about buying this. Frankly it doesn't matter if there's characters no-one knows in the game because MAYBE they included them so they would BECOME more widely known. For example I never heard of Thor before this game and he's apparently one of the most well-known Marvel heroes. Because of this game I know of this now.

Anyway, I could defend Capcom but I doubt that will achieve anything. They make games I like, I'm willing to pay money to them if they keep doing so, that's my logic short and sweet.~

Also, lol at folks who still think Rocket Raccoon is a Capcom character.
Old 2011-08-04, 16:10   Link #1603
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I find it funny he didnt mention Vergil among the characters people wanted.
Old 2011-08-04, 16:37   Link #1604
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
People seem to forget that you can TRADE IN games. Why not just give up your copy of the original MvC3 for a discount on UMvC3? That's what I plan to do. I don't need an out-of-date version of something.

And while valid points are being made, no-one is changing my mind about buying this. Frankly it doesn't matter if there's characters no-one knows in the game because MAYBE they included them so they would BECOME more widely known. For example I never heard of Thor before this game and he's apparently one of the most well-known Marvel heroes. Because of this game I know of this now.

Anyway, I could defend Capcom but I doubt that will achieve anything. They make games I like, I'm willing to pay money to them if they keep doing so, that's my logic short and sweet.~

Also, lol at folks who still think Rocket Raccoon is a Capcom character.
You seem to gorget it's not even been a year since the first MvC3!

Just think about it, they made you pay $60 dollars, plus DLC, only to 9 months after release an expanded version for $40, that makes $100.00!!! And even if you trade it, you'll save what? $10? It's still over $80.00! Why the Hell didn't they just delayed the game (like Epic Games did with Gears of War 3) and brought all this together?!

The matter of the characters is really personal, for example; I think Phoenix Wright and Firebran are pretty stupid aditions over better characters like Megaman or Gene, but thats just my opinion, the point is; why does Capcom abuse this much of its fans? It really pisses me of.

Now, don't take me wrong, Ultimate MvC3 didn't really hurte dme that much because I knew this would happen and so because I didn't bought the freaking Beta they released back at February, and Yes, I'm gonna buy Ultimate because it has Frank, Nemesis, Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange. But if Capcom keeps doing this, I'm gonna stop buying their games, I'm a Capcom games follower since years, there is almost no Capcom game or franchside I haven't played yet, but this attitude must change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I find it funny he didnt mention Vergil among the characters people wanted.
Angry Joe said that from the 12 only 6 are fan-requested characters, if you check back at the capcom-unity polls for DLC characters, those 6 are Frank West, Phoenix Wright, Ghost Rider, Strider, Dr. Strange and Vergil.
Old 2011-08-04, 16:45   Link #1605
Kazu
Flowing

I still think Rocket Raccoon is a waste, so what if hes a no name marvel character and their just trying to make him widely known so what? How many people gave a shit when marrow was in mvc2 and I haven't really read any of the comics but from what I've seen and read shes not entirely popular in the comics either.

I'm not gonna buy this, angry joe was right they should release them seperately , i'm not gonna pay another 40 bucks, for like 4 extra characters. I just hope Capcom doesen't pull this crap out on StreetxTekken
Old 2011-08-04, 18:52   Link #1606
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

Just think about it, they made you pay $60 dollars, plus DLC, only to 9 months after release an expanded version for $40, that makes $100.00!!! And even if you trade it, you'll save what? $10? It's still over $80.00! Why the Hell didn't they just delayed the game (like Epic Games did with Gears of War 3) and brought all this together?!

The matter of the characters is really personal, for example; I think Phoenix Wright and Firebran are pretty stupid aditions over better characters like Megaman or Gene, but thats just my opinion, the point is; why does Capcom abuse this much of its fans? It really pisses me of.

Now, don't take me wrong, Ultimate MvC3 didn't really hurte dme that much because I knew this would happen and so because I didn't bought the freaking Beta they released back at February, and Yes, I'm gonna buy Ultimate because it has Frank, Nemesis, Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange. But if Capcom keeps doing this, I'm gonna stop buying their games, I'm a Capcom games follower since years, there is almost no Capcom game or franchside I haven't played yet, but this attitude must change.

Angry Joe said that from the 12 only 6 are fan-requested characters, if you check back at the capcom-unity polls for DLC characters, those 6 are Frank West, Phoenix Wright, Ghost Rider, Strider, Dr. Strange and Vergil.
I mean the 2nd time, but what ever.
Old 2011-08-04, 20:01   Link #1607
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Characters I wanted put in that made it: Vergil, Strider, Ghost Rider, Phoenix Wright, Dr Strange, Iron Fist, Frank West

Characters I didn't think of but am excited to try out: Nova, Hawkeye

Characters I'm still iffy on: Rocket Raccoon (though I've no doubt he'll be the new Cable), Nemesis, Firebrand

9/12. It's cheaper for me to buy UMVC3 than it would be buying each character for $5

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2011-08-04 at 20:19.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 21:34   Link #1608
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Firebrand aka Red Armer is who Iam 100% interested in.

Also Rocket Raccoon? What? It should have been Howard the Duck...
Old 2011-08-04, 22:08   Link #1609
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Also Rocket Raccoon? What? It should have been Howard the Duck...
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't use Howard. Everyone loves the damned duck. His ultimate or whatever they call it could include his taxi and the big breasted girl he sleeps with. I think he had one of those. The girl, that is. I know he has a taxi.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 22:09   Link #1610
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Guess I'm one of the few who's can't wait to use Rocket Raccoon. Already thinking of using having two main teams with him and Doom in the 3rd slot with my best characters Trish/C.Viper on both. I really think Rocket Raccoon will be fun to use. especially knowing he will be all about guns.
Old 2011-08-04, 23:02   Link #1611
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Guess I'm one of the few who's can't wait to use Rocket Raccoon. Already thinking of using having two main teams with him and Doom in the 3rd slot with my best characters Trish/C.Viper on both. I really think Rocket Raccoon will be fun to use. especially knowing he will be all about guns.
I'm actually also looking forward for Rocket Raccon, you can blame my passion for small, cute furry creatures XD
Old 2011-08-05, 00:48   Link #1612
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

In other news, here's C-Viper's new Optic Blast special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V3qL5k7W2Q#t=5m00s
Old 2011-08-05, 00:58   Link #1613
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post

Thank you Capcom. Can't wait to to hit the lab with that move.
Old 2011-08-05, 01:07   Link #1614
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Makes me wonder if Capcom makes another SF game that might be added.
Old 2011-08-05, 01:39   Link #1615
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Some news for Dante players:

One of the things that made Dante's specials so numerous was how he could cancel a move into another move by inputting the command twice.

The most infamous is Hammer. In MVC3 you did the command for Killer Bee (qcf L) twice in rapid succession to perform it. In UMVC3 it's even easier. You just press L after one Killer Bee.

More in-depth explanations here

Looks like this will also apply to Acid Rain, Million Carats, Bee Hive, Grapple, and Tempest. This makes these specials easier to pull off and quicker to start up, which is a big buff for Dante.
Old 2011-08-05, 02:00   Link #1616
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Well, for Frank West... I expect his theme to be a remix of some sorts of this...

I also wouldn't mind at all if they game him his Ultra from Tatsunoko vs Capcom back again...

Old 2011-08-05, 02:26   Link #1617
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post

Well, looks like she got...

"puts on sunglasses"

... A killer sight!

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, for Frank West... I expect his theme to be a remix of some sorts of this...

I also wouldn't mind at all if they game him his Ultra from Tatsunoko vs Capcom back again...

I don't see that Level 3 funtional over characters like M.O.D.O.C.K or Amaterasu so I think they'll change it.

The only thing I truly hope for this Frank West is them to bring him his real voice from Deadrising, the voice he got a Tatsunoko vs Capcom was quite aufull. :/
Old 2011-08-05, 04:44   Link #1618
Nayim

Fo those who didn't know, Pixiv make poll result too but way better than Capcom Unity, take a look this:

Quote:
God, thanks for Nikobulat helping me to translate these picture. First of all, you need to read the rule from this picture before you guys read the full MVC3 DLC request:

img703.imageshack.us/f/mvc3.jpg/

According to the rule

Each user/member must be vote for each character from different company franchise (Marvel & Capcom) :-
click/press "Yes" or"No" - "Yes" for 1 Marvel & 1 Capcom, "No" for 1 Marvel & 1 Capcom
Each week (starting 4 APRIL 2010) show: 4 character (2 Marvel & 2 Capcom)
400 - 1000 + (vote) = Winner only
"Tie/Draw" is included = 8 character only :-
Each user/member must choose which character to expell = "No" for 1 Marvel & 1 Capcom"
Tie/Draw is consider as winner, 8 character only to fill the slot (4 Marvel & 4 Capcom)
"Leak" won't accept as official confirmation
5. 42 slot only (included Tie/Draw) = 42 slot + 4 Draw = 46 total (46 Marvel + 46 Capcom = 92)
6. Deadline : 2 FEBRUARY 2011
7. Pixiv user/member only (**Lock Region)

EDIT:
Thanks everyone (>V<) 15000 Hits vote
Credit :???? (Secretary) ???? (Moderator) NOTE from Nayim - i don't know how to translate these name.

www.pixiv.net/mypage.php
pipa.jp/tegaki/VTop.jsp
www.nicovideo.jp/
koebn.com/circle/1039
rms.eek.jp
www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=MARVEL&s_m...
blog.pixiv.net
www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=
Quote:
MARVEL side is complete !! (BTW every character in this list is the winner, no loser & yes, tie/draw is also winner):

Venom (Amazing Spiderman)* Eddie Brock
Gambit (X-Men)
Ghost Rider (Ghost Rider)
Ms.Marvel (Avenger)
Cable (X-Men)
Black Cat (Amazing Spiderman)
Psylocke (X-Men)
Green Goblin (Amazing Spiderman)
Nico Minoru (Runaways)
Doctor Strange (Strange Tales)
Emma Frost (X-Men)
Songbird (Thunderbolt)
Hope Summers (X-Men)
Iron Fist (Avenger)
Moon Knight (Moon Knight)
Beetle (Amazing Spiderman)
Rogue (X-Men)
Thanos & Nick Fury (Ironman) **Draw (in the picture, it said "Change command list/moveset, so i put "tie")
Nightcrawler (X-Men)
Carnage (Amazing Spiderman)
Cyclops (X-Men)
Mysterio (Amazing Spiderman)
Ultron (Avenger)
Chase Stein (Runaways)
Luke Cage (Avenger)
Darkhawk (Darkhawk)
Magik (X-Men)
Sliver Surfer (Fantastic Four)
Ronin (New Avenger)* Hawkeye (I don't what this mean but i think they want alter ego because Taskmaster took Hawkeye's spot)
Black Widow (Ironman)
War Machine (Ironman)*Change Command list/moveset
Jubille & Kitty Pryde (X-Men)*Tie/Draw
Blade (Blade)
Nova (Nova) & Daredevil (Daredevil)**Tie/Draw
Iceman (X-Men)*Change Command list/moveset
Doc Ock (Amazing Spiderman)
Sabretooth (X-Men)*Change Command List/moveset
Spider Woman (Avenger)
Penance (CIVIL WAR)
Juggernaunt (X-Men) & Blackheart (Ghost Rider)*Tie/Draw
Black Panther (Fantatsic Four)
Galacta (Marvel Assistant Sized Spectacular)

img511.imageshack.us/img511/9021/marvelr...
Quote:
Capcom side (NOTE : i ask again, everyone in this list is the winner, no loser, and tie also win)

Megaman (Megaman) & X (Megaman X)*Tie/Draw
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
Vergil (Devil May Cry)
Megaman EXE (Megaman Battle Network)
Strider Hiryu (Strider)
Leon S Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Ken Master (Street Fighter)
Cammy (Street Fighter 2)
Tabasa/Tessa (Red Earth)
Guy (Final Fight)
Cody (Final Fight)
Batsu Ichimonji (Rival School)
Bass EXE (Megaman Battle Network)
Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)
Saki Omokane (Quiz Nanairo Dream)
Ryu (Breath of Fire 2)
Nina (Breath of Fire 2)
Frank West (Dead Rising)
Chaser / Nemesis (Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis) NOTE from Nayim - HOLY COW!!
Leviathan (Megaman Zero)
Grey (Megaman ZX Advent)
Harp Note (Megaman Star Force)
Sanada Yukimura (Sengoku Basara)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Mukuro (Red Earth) & Rinpuu (Breath of Fire 2)
Kasuga (Sengoku Basara 2)
Maeda Keiji (Sengoku Basara 2)
Kirin (Monster Hunter)
Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
Soki no Kaijin (Onimusha)
Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
Sieg Wahrheit (Chaos Legion)
Gene (God Hand)
Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara) & Vega "Dictator" / M.Bison (Street Fighter 2)*Tie/Draw
Chuck Greenne (Dead Rising 2)
Ingrid (Street Fighter ZERO MAX 3)
Kyosuke Nanbu (Rival School) & Hien (Strider)*Tie/Draw
Sakura Kasunago (Street Fighter ZERO 2)
Karin Kanzuki (Street Fighter ZERO 3)
Akira (Rival School)
Alex (Street Fighter 3)
Blade (Red Earth)

EDIT : img716.imageshack.us/img716/5417/capcom....
then, you guys read this carefully because there is mention about these Pixiv's poll:

Here reponse from Takeba110 from Pixiv:

Before i ask, there something i talk & focus about new character:

I assume you guys won't believe what i have to said, neither you think it's ridiculous or not:

Remember about Pixiv's Poll List?

img716.imageshack.us/img716/5417/capcom....

img511.imageshack.us/img511/9021/marvelr...

Why i suddenly brought this again? Because it's questionable these poll because some character did mention about newcomer:

Capcom:

Phoenix Wright
Vergil
Frank West
Nemesis
Strider Hiryu

Marvel:

Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Nova
Doctor Strange
Hawkeye (According to that poll, it's Ronin and Hawkeye was mention)

Another shocking me is why Nova, Nemesis, Hawkeye & Iron Fist wasn't get more vote in Capcom Unity while in Japan, both of them got a lot of vote?

I know some people didn't believe about this poll but this poll have their own source:

www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2813851

About Red Arremer, not to surprise, Japan love him either, concidence? Because his first appearence was SNK vs Capcom, where completely broken game. Why Red Arremer? Because he was easiest fav favourite to Japan. Even including Red Arremer Joker in Namco x Capcom. However RA wasn't appear in new Pixiv poll because he lose and Beta Old test was scrapped, then the old poll, once again, is still exist in this source:

www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=med...

I know people still think it was fake except Japan, of course, but right now, Pixiv's member still talking about this topic.
Old 2011-08-05, 05:47   Link #1619
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't know why people are going "omg only like 4 characters, this should've been DLC" or "who the fuck is this (marvel character), where's megaman!! (capcom character)".

First off price. Capcom DLC is rarely on sale and even if it was if you missed out, too bad too sad. So lets say you're the type who only cares about the "known" 6 and think it should be DLC instead of retail. You would be paying #30 for Strider, Phoenix, Vergil, Strange, Ghostrider and Frank West. There would still be 6 characters you haven't even had the chance to try out, you would still have 8 stages you don't have access to (and personally the more stages the better). Now maybe you're thinking.. I don't care about stages and all I need is these 6 characters so I would save $10, Capcom are stealing from me this should be DLC! Well to be blunt you're an idiot than.

MVC3 in my country retails for $110, I personally picked it up from a big chain in JB-HiFi for $79. Atm I can pick it up off Ebay for $29. Aside from showing how game prices in Australia is a complete joke it shows how much the game has become cheaper to get after 5 months. Would I get 6 UMVC3 DLC characters cheaper 3 months down the track than I would get UMVC3 off ebay? Fuck no. Just wait a few months.. I mean most of you are complaining that the game is coming out too soon after MVC3 so than wait! You don't have to buy UMVC3 straight away, it's coming out in November FFS which is like the most loaded month of video games... wait a month or two and you'll pick up the complete package for less price than 5 DLC characters.

Secondly you may think you want to play a character but once you use them you don't like them for some reason, you don't gel with them, you don't like their play style, find them too weak, execution is too hard, whatever. I bought both Shuma and Jill and didn't like playing with either of them... was a waste of money in the end though maybe they'll gel with me more in UMVC3...

Now getting all the characters in one package gives you incentive to try them all out, I never expected to be playing Storm and Sent when I got the game but I just liked them... Morrigan was one of the few occasions where I was like I'm going to play this character and it actually came true.. I intended to pick up Juri or Ibuki when SSFIV came out, put a week into both and than went back to my SFIV main in Ken and dropped Boxer as my alt and made Cammy that since she received a cross up move, her lack of one (well she had one but it only worked on half the cast...) was the only reason I didn't play her in SFIV... Cammy later became my main and still is upto this point though I've been playing a lot more Ken lately in AE... I like the Yun matchup a lot better when using Ken..

Some guy going "who the fuck is Rocket Racoon and Nova?" could be loving them when they get their hands on this game, people going "wtf is hawkeye and why is he on the cover" will understand when the avengers promotion really kicks into gear... Also having all the characters allows you do use them in training mode but I doubt most complainers would even use that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Not a big fan of Joe but he makes a good point at least.
Not really he's a complete tosser without a clue. I like how he's all like "lolol who's hawkeye" when there's only this little movie coming out next year called The Avengers where he'll be one of the main characters.. and considering he doesn't have an origin movie like the rest of the Avengers I wouldn't be surprised if he got a lot of focus...

Ironfist another "useless" character is also getting a Marvel Movie in the next few years, I believe production has started on that or will soon. Also the "I don't know this character so they're shit" line of thought he had is beyond retarded. From accounts of people who know him Rocket Raccoon is one bad ass motherfucker... and if you don't like him don't blame Capcom, blame Marvel since they have the final say on who gets in on their side. I'm sure Capcom would love to put in the 90's versions of Venom and Gambit but as if Marvel want a completely outdated version of Venom and a now near irrelevant member of the X-Men in over characters like Hawkeye and Ironfist who're about become household names over the next few years thanks to movies.

I also found it funny he was "praising the shit" outta of SSFIV's Team Battle and Tournament mode when they're complete graveyards online and people mostly bitch about the lack of Championship mode from SFIV. Endless Battle (which also was spectating since in SFIV you can only play in 2 player lobbies) was also something that should've been in SFIV in the first place but I guess when you're trying to make something look bad who cares right?

You'll have to be pretty dumb to take his joke version of UMVC3 over what you're actually getting.

$50 for 8 characters and 4 modes that people won't use after the first couple of weeks really is a lot better than paying $40 for 12 characters and 8 stages.... Characters are valued @ $5 each going by DLC so you're paying $50 for $40 worth of characters in his version compared to paying $40 for $60 worth of characters in what is actually happening. But nah fuck using maths, IMMA TURN ON CAPLOCKS AND YELL INSTEAD SINCE YELLING LIKE A DICKHEAD MAKES ALL ARGUMENTS WAY STRONGER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
And would it being released 18 months after somehow make it better? Most casual players would've dropped this game by now, they would've dropped MK by now, it's only hardcore players who still play on after 6 months. If anything they're doing a smart thing trying to revitalize the scene before it starts to fade and before SFxT comes out. MVC3 is the second most popular fighting game around atm.. Evo stats..

SSFIVAE - 1500 entrants, 81K stream viewers
MVC3 - 1000 entrants, 70K stream viewers
MK9 - 500 entrants, 51K stream viewers
Tekken 6 - 224 entrants, 35K stream viewers
Blazblue CS2 - 208 entrants, 37K stream viewers.

Going to be interesting to see how SSFIVAE2012, SFxT, UMVC3, SCV and whatever else gets into Evo compares to this year....

Don't know why you're complaining when you haven't even got MVC3 so you're getting a damn good deal, if the netcode isn't trash again i'll finally double dip and get this on my ps3.. but than again I might not even bother if SSFIVAE2k12 free balance patch is out by than.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Another shocking me is why Nova, Nemesis, Hawkeye & Iron Fist wasn't get more vote in Capcom Unity while in Japan, both of them got a lot of vote?
Because Unity is full of Megaman loving scrubs.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-08-05 at 06:34.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 06:57   Link #1620
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oooo they have Sieg from Chaos legion in the list, I can only hope

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, marvel, ps3, xbox360