AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-06, 05:39   Link #81
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
I don't even see the tiniest evidence to the contrary.
The only thing that gave he the will to live and to go on was her singing.
This was taken away from her, which hit her pretty hard. When they then even wanted to take away her most precious possession, her guitar, she loses the last bit of her will to live and gives up, and after one last sad song she disappeared because she died.
I don't see the slightest bit of fulfillment in this hopelessness.

Huh?

Quote:
The way I see the situation in ep3, when the teacher dude tried taking Iwasawa's guitar, she didn't lose her will to live so much as she's fighting back and singing her song in retaliation against him (and "other people"). Iwasawa's ballad sounds sad, but from what I can gleam from the lyrics, it's actually a hopeful song about strength and perseverence without a hint of despair in it. In the process, Iwasawa realized that "the meaning behind [her] life" is "to keep on singing" and to "save others the same way" that music saved her life. Her final line, "I finally found it", said with a smile, strongly suggests that whatever has been troubling her has finally been lifted from her shoulders, and that she can now leave with no regrets.
Exactly weird that anybody would think otherwise. Hell her final line "I finally found it" hammers things home about her finally being satisfied and no longer having regrets.
Old 2010-05-06, 08:33   Link #82
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
If we're going with the coma theory, I think the most plausible scenario is that every one of these kids had suffered from a near-fatal accident/illness, and were gathered together in their comatose state to get hooked up into some med machine that attempts to prolong their life. That would explain (to a degree, at least) why all the SSS members remember how they'd died; in reality, they haven't died, but were merely critically injured.
But wouldn't that be

Spoiler for Possible Spoiler for LB!:
Old 2010-05-06, 22:05   Link #83
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
If we're going with the coma theory, I think the most plausible scenario is that every one of these kids had suffered from a near-fatal accident/illness, and were gathered together in their comatose state to get hooked up into some med machine that attempts to prolong their life. That would explain (to a degree, at least) why all the SSS members remember how they'd died; in reality, they haven't died, but were merely critically injured. As for the reason for this virtual reality, well, maybe the machine also comes with the function of exercising its patient's brain to keep it fit?
Doesn't sound too plausible... if they did put them into some virtual reality to keep them alive, they why is Angel there (the "Angel of Death") who just makes their lifes miserable and wants them to lose their will to live so the ultimatively die?

That doesn't really fit together - unless Angel is some kind of hacker who is trying to sabotage this project by fighting the members of the 3S.
Being some sort of hacker would also explain where from Angel got the skills to create her abilities ("Sonic Hand" and the others).
Since there is no god, she created them all by herself, and somewhere she must have got the skills to do that from.
Old 2010-05-06, 22:36   Link #84
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Doesn't sound too plausible... if they did put them into some virtual reality to keep them alive, they why is Angel there (the "Angel of Death") who just makes their lifes miserable and wants them to lose their will to live so the ultimatively die?

That doesn't really fit together - unless Angel is some kind of hacker who is trying to sabotage this project by fighting the members of the 3S.
Being some sort of hacker would also explain where from Angel got the skills to create her abilities ("Sonic Hand" and the others).
Since there is no god, she created them all by herself, and somewhere she must have got the skills to do that from.
I hear the trees are epileptic too.

Natch.
Old 2010-05-07, 00:42   Link #85
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:

That's assuming the disappearence signifies death in real life; for all we know, it can well be a reawakening instead. Maybe after years of medical attention, their bodies are already fully healed, and the only thing preventing their revival is the conflict in their life. I wouldn't put it past Maeda to use that kind of fantastical obstacle. (Or heck, Tenshi might simply be just an admin summoned to maintain order and structure in an otherwise do-whatever-the-hell-you-want world.)

Though on a similar vein, the entire coma theory is starting to sound a bit too sci-fi-ey compared to Maeda's usual writing. I still think it's possible, but revealing at the end of the series that everything was just a dream would make all the development here seem kind of a waste, especially for Tenshi. Besides... that would ruin all the continuity for the anime's successor (I assume) in the Angel Beats! Heaven's Door manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
But wouldn't that be

*snip*
Damnit, I feel like I've just read something I shouldn't have....
Old 2010-05-07, 19:12   Link #86
Matt122005

I think that for now, the best explanation we have is a Coma.

But of course, we have another half of the show to go through. We may get more information that either further confirms this theory or helps to defeat it.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2010-05-07, 21:29   Link #87
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
I think that for now, the best explanation we have is a Coma.
Yes, it seems the most likely option so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
But of course, we have another half of the show to go through. We may get more information that either further confirms this theory or helps to defeat it.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Yes, there's still a good bit to come - let's see if we can find something that confirms the coma thesis.
Old 2010-05-10, 01:14   Link #88
FateAnomaly

Oh, i just thought that they are in the afterlife for high school kids with psychological trauma.
Old 2010-05-16, 19:56   Link #89
Knightrunner

If you look at clip 3:57-3:59, you can see "0" and "1" or anytime the bullets hits tenshi's shield numbers come out. I'm not sure if anybody posted this or not but maybe this proves that tenshi was a computer wizz back in her previous life or she uses some computer language and coonected to this world.

Maybe somebody could use this info to back up there theory or build one up or this can add extra rules to there world

Last edited by Knightrunner; 2010-05-16 at 20:14.
Old 2010-05-17, 04:32   Link #90
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

We already saw that, lol. Someone posted up a clear screenshot of it.
Old 2010-05-17, 09:28   Link #91
coffeebreak
Coffee Addicted ﭑ|▄|

Question Second Angel

What do you think about Tenshi's twin sister?

A friend of mine, in another board, is convinced that she appeared when she splitted herself in two to save them all.

He even posted some pics showing her eyes' color before she attacked the giant fish, and they were not the bright yellow eyes of her, they were orange and darker and behind her was our yellow-eyed tenshi.

So... do you believe that she is an evil twin, created by Kanade to help them in that moment, or a brand new angel sent by god?

I'm eager for some spoilers about this second tenshi. If you know something, please, send me a message or just redirect me.

Old 2010-05-17, 19:59   Link #92
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
So... do you believe that she is an evil twin, created by Kanade to help them in that moment, or a brand new angel sent by god?
The latter can't be, because there isn't any god. Kanade created her skills just like Yuri's team created weapons, and as such she's not really different from them and not sent by any higher power.

It's more likely her skill malfunctioned, creating a twin with a different personality (which need not be more or less evil than Kanade, just different).
Old 2010-05-17, 22:24   Link #93
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

i posted when i first watched the latest ep, but who else is betting on a Kos-mos vs Telos fight at the end? it would be epic in every way, especially since PA Works is at the helm. if its half of Canaan vs. Alphard, i'll be happy.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-21, 20:37   Link #94
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i posted when i first watched the latest ep, but who else is betting on a Kos-mos vs Telos fight at the end? it would be epic in every way, especially since PA Works is at the helm. if its half of Canaan vs. Alphard, i'll be happy.
With Tenshi being demoted, and also regarding her recent development, a Yuri vs. Tenshi showdown is *very* unlikely, I'd say.
Old 2010-05-22, 04:52   Link #95
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Some interesting factoids in this week's episode. Kanade has never admitted to being an angel or "tenshi," and right from the first episode (when Otonashi was stabbed to proof a point), she has always seen herself as the student council president and not some divine executioner of law and order in the afterlife.

One wonders then, why the skill development software is called "Angel Player"? Had she been given access to this by some higher power? Maybe we'll get to see more of this as the story progresses...
Old 2010-05-22, 06:45   Link #96
Ichijo

I tihnk we'll Kanade's past in the next episode. And Otonashi will be in danger of dissapearing because he can fulfill his dream of saving someone\his sister by helping Kanade.
Old 2010-05-25, 22:15   Link #97
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
Some interesting factoids in this week's episode. Kanade has never admitted to being an angel or "tenshi," and right from the first episode (when Otonashi was stabbed to proof a point), she has always seen herself as the student council president and not some divine executioner of law and order in the afterlife.

One wonders then, why the skill development software is called "Angel Player"? Had she been given access to this by some higher power? Maybe we'll get to see more of this as the story progresses...
I think that "Angel Player" is a way to describe the rules to whoever "plays the role of the Angel". This assumes that the Angel is the one who keeps the spirits in check, and that the role of the Angel is regularly transferred to a new spirit. Perhaps a new Angel is chosen when the spirit who currently plays the Angel moves on/disappears/is reborn a la Guitar Girl in episode 3. Naoi did say that any spirit could become God - maybe just his name for the Angel - , so perhaps Kanade is just the current Angel, and upon her disappearance, a new spirit will take her place.
Old 2010-05-25, 22:21   Link #98
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Maybe she plays the role of angel, as in she wasn't necessarily permitted to. Though that holds no water in all actuality, it makes very little sense. Because if she wasn't permitted how was she? She wouldn't be there if she was breaking the rules, because if she was there then she must be an exception to the rules.

I doubt that.
Old 2010-05-25, 22:42   Link #99
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Maybe she plays the role of angel, as in she wasn't necessarily permitted to. Though that holds no water in all actuality, it makes very little sense. Because if she wasn't permitted how was she? She wouldn't be there if she was breaking the rules, because if she was there then she must be an exception to the rules.

I doubt that.
"Wasn't permitted"? Like, she was chosen to be Angel, without any say on her part?
Old 2010-05-26, 02:09   Link #100
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

A person is a vigilante if they pallas the name judge, jury, and/or executioner. I'm saying she made herself one. If she was made an angel without her permit she would be much more conflicted, wouldn't you think?

There is a distinct difference between volunteering yourself with force, and being volunteered. I'm saying she yoinked basically.

But that is very unlikely. So I consider it a dropped speculation/theory unless I see actual probable in there. (possibility means little if probability is 0%. Or in my perspective anyways.)
Closed Thread