AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-01-22, 08:49   Link #601
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
It was a dream... of the event? I think?

Shinsengumi's definitely disbanded. But I can't tell if the execution has already occurred or not. I think it has...
i haven't found the Jp raw so i'm not sure, but from the cn raw i think Kondo is still alive, though he is imprisoned atm. Hijikata and Okitareaction is too weak if Kondo is already executed.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 09:27   Link #602
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I guess we will get story similar to Gintama movie.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 10:11   Link #603
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
It was a dream... of the event? I think?

Shinsengumi's definitely disbanded. But I can't tell if the execution has already occurred or not. I think it has...
First post in this thread. Got into the series not too long ago, just poking around and shocked at the recent developments.

Spoiler for Ch 526:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 10:59   Link #604
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Spoiler:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 17:18   Link #605
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter 526:

Spoiler for 526:
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 00:37   Link #606
ACertainStark
Akagi-Senpai~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 22
Finished reading the chapter:
Not just Gintoki but even the others... the look they have, their eyes are dead.

That was a really depressing chapter. Empty is the best way to describe it. Everyone has lost their way.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 01:45   Link #607
yari
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
First post in this thread. Got into the series not too long ago, just poking around and shocked at the recent developments.

Spoiler for Ch 526:
Spoiler:
yari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 02:33   Link #608
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
This is a dream right? we wont get any "shogun kayou" joke now; we wont get any "istocar" joke hell; where will be the Gintama we loved.?
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 17:41   Link #609
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: a gilded cage
Hey, hey -- is Gintama supposed to have so many depressing chapters in a row? Is the panel with Kondou's head a nightmare or a memory? I'm a bit inclined to believe that it's the former, since it probably would have been displayed with Matsudaira's head. In the shots of what the other (former) Shinsengumi were up to, they all look pretty determined as well... If Kondou really is dead, wouldn't they be more distraught/dead-eyed? Then again, in the current mood Sorachi-sensei seems to be in, it is also very likely Kondou really is dead...

I don't know how much more of this I can take from my favorite in-progress series...

--Edit--

You know, after thinking more about this panel:

and the similarity of Gintoki's gaze to Shouyo's in that flashback a while back, as well as what they say, it makes me wonder if when the manga does end, it'll be with Gin dying. All this time, Gin has been trying to live in his own way, but we can't deny that what he chose to do to Shouyo has haunted him all this while. I wonder if he'll end up dying in the midst of protecting Shinpachi and Kagura, changing the country at the same time, and then claiming he's just doing it 'cause he wants to, but in reality, he's redeeming himself in his own eyes.

As for this sucker right here:

Happy New Year my a$$.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2015-01-24 at 18:23.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 01:46   Link #610
The One Above God
Kamijou
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: I'm Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Hey, hey -- is Gintama supposed to have so many depressing chapters in a row? Is the panel with Kondou's head a nightmare or a memory? I'm a bit inclined to believe that it's the former, since it probably would have been displayed with Matsudaira's head. In the shots of what the other (former) Shinsengumi were up to, they all look pretty determined as well... If Kondou really is dead, wouldn't they be more distraught/dead-eyed? Then again, in the current mood Sorachi-sensei seems to be in, it is also very likely Kondou really is dead...

I don't know how much more of this I can take from my favorite in-progress series...

--Edit--

You know, after thinking more about this panel:

and the similarity of Gintoki's gaze to Shouyo's in that flashback a while back, as well as what they say, it makes me wonder if when the manga does end, it'll be with Gin dying. All this time, Gin has been trying to live in his own way, but we can't deny that what he chose to do to Shouyo has haunted him all this while. I wonder if he'll end up dying in the midst of protecting Shinpachi and Kagura, changing the country at the same time, and then claiming he's just doing it 'cause he wants to, but in reality, he's redeeming himself in his own eyes.

As for this sucker right here:

Happy New Year my a$$.
New year's not so happy with how Gintama is right now...
__________________

Those illusions, how about I destroy them?
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 12:33   Link #611
@GEMC
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
This is a nightmare I can't even take the jokes in the last chapter What will happen to gintama now
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic201763_3.gif
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 16:51   Link #612
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
After rereading the chapter...looks like I was too hasty to calm myself that this was "only a nightmare". This starts to feel more and more like the execution has already happened and we see the others cope with the aftermath...god, I hope that is wrong and Kondo-san is still alive, waiting for his execution which somehow gets prevented one way or another! >.<
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 21:08   Link #613
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
at the rate things are going in Gintama, Zura is going to show up with a guy that has red hair and x-shape scar on his cheek.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 23:27   Link #614
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: a gilded cage
After thinking about this more, maybe Kondo really is dead, or if he's not, maybe the others may decide not to do anything about it. This scenario is extremely similar to what happened with Shouyou-sensei. If the disbanded members of the Shinsengumi choose to start a rebellion, it'll be like history repeating itself. I'm not sure if that's something Sorachi-sensei would end up doing; of course, I have no idea what that guy is thinking right now.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:24   Link #615
OH&S
Watched The Last; Not Bad
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Spoilers
Spoiler for Chapter 527 Full
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic! ████ A Certain Unified Calendar
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37   Link #616
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Chapter 527 Full
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoiler for In response:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.