AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 15:35   Link #21
Gin
*Artist

I love this show! Currently watching the Ninja vs Spartan episode. Its even better that the narrator sounds exactly like the narrator from 300.
Old 2010-04-25, 17:54   Link #22
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I love this show! Currently watching the Ninja vs Spartan episode. Its even better that the narrator sounds exactly like the narrator from 300.
It's the same narrator

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 18:33   Link #23
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
It's the same narrator
Thats what I thought, I just didn't want anyone to make fun of me if I was wrong.
As if I could mistake that unbelievably manly voice from favorite movie.
Old 2010-04-25, 18:39   Link #24
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

the fact they don't factor in training and tactics ruins the show. like the gsg vs swat was basically the same match up. the difference maker was the pump shotty vs the auto shotty, but when you consider its a slug vs buckshot, there's little comparison.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 08:58   Link #25
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I had a little nerd rage going myself after the Viking episode. I just feel like Vikings were used to fighting all kinds of different people whereas Samurai only fought Samurai... I don't think they'd have a clue what to do against a berserk Norseman.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:36   Link #26
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Did anyone else find the one Mafia guy beating not just one but two Yakuza in straight-up hand-to-hand combat at the end of the simulation video for that episode just a bit off? I can't help but feel like that should have gone the other way around. Even if the Mafia had the overall advantage when they plugged the numbers in, I think that was a pretty strange way to portray it, especially considering that it was the Tommy Gun and Shotgun that gave them the biggest advantage.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:37   Link #27
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Get ready ppl!! tomorrow is gonna be Atila the Hun vs Alexander the Great.
I predict lots of raging for this one.My money is on Alexander btw.

Poor Atila won't stand a chance.
Old 2010-04-26, 15:01   Link #28
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La

Attila have the mongol composite bow. It could very well provide him an advantage.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 15:16   Link #29
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Attila have the mongol composite bow. It could very well provide him an advantage.
See what I tell you.I'm sorry Sheba but you just confirmed my prediction about lots of raging.

And besides, Attila may have the composite bow, but Alexander has the most powerful weapon of all: "Charisma"
Old 2010-04-27, 02:39   Link #30
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
See what I tell you.I'm sorry Sheba but you just confirmed my prediction about lots of raging.

And besides, Attila may have the composite bow, but Alexander has the most powerful weapon of all: "Charisma"
I was mostly basing my assumptions on the results of previous episodes where a good ranged weapon could make or break a match (armor or shield could also tip the balance, like the Spartan shield. That's until the other side bring something with superior killing power, like the Pirate's Blunderbuss). But judging from the match layout, is it going to be squad against squad with the two legendary leaders as last men standing?
Old 2010-04-27, 15:57   Link #31
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
@ Demongod:

Why does this sound so much of a matter of capital importance? Is the ninja's theorical victory so important?
Because that wasn't a ninja. That was a highly visible ninja. As Max Geiger said, the show wasn't about assassins but warriors...

The problem being that he removed what made a ninja a ninja. The entire point of a ninja was that he killed someone without announcing himself. Would it be boring if 300 times the ninja just poison darted the spartan and let the poison work its magic? Would it be unfair? Yeah, probably.

But considering the fact that the Spartan's shield got more kills than all the ninja's weapons combined, and that the dart only got 4 (!!) kills, that really makes that episode done not too well.

The rest of the episodes were good, though.

Edit: As for tonight's episode, there's also a new episode of ninja warrior on at the same time. Plus...

HUN NOT MONGOL.

Huns didn't have mongol bows!
Old 2010-04-27, 16:21   Link #32
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I'd love to break it to you all, but a ninja doesn't go in charging. They are more liable to have crossbows, actually. If they have been spotted then they switch to melee and their famous glass dust. It's not hard to see the tactics -- you kill off as many as you can from a distance, and come stormin' in afterwards.

Ninjas weren't honorable, they were assassins. This is a show of warriors, not assassins.

Those that hone their bodies more win, those that have the best weapons win.

The ninja has good arsenal, but not much in strength when compared to a Spartan warrior.

On a logical level, the ninja would've won if they used their ACTUAL tactics. But they didn't. Sot he Spartans won.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 17:04   Link #33
Gin
*Artist

My money is on Atila tonight. The preview showed the Alexander guys using a Ballista, but I don't see how that would be usefull in a one on one fight. And if they are using armies or squads, then I think Alexander would have a huge upper-hand.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:17   Link #34
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Completely mehtastic episode. In the end, "Alexander the Great" was just a nerfed Spartan. Loved how his army was all holding idiot balls. Yes, let's just charge in there without the crossbow loaded!

Definitely the SWAT vs. GSG9 had far more of a holy-shit-quotient amount of weaponry, though if anyone is just fricking awesome, it was the Spetsnaz =/. Especially because Sonny Puzikas is both badass and hilarious. I wonder if we'll see Spetsnaz take on the winner of the deadliest S2 modern warrior.

Next week's ep should be better, but IMO the best eps will come later with CIA vs. KGB and SEALs vs. Israeli Commandos. That last one I think will have the most chance to make the screen blow up through sheer force of badass.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:50   Link #35
Sheba
Night Battle Oh La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

Man, I like Alexander, respect his deeds and all.But, at least stop and THINK about it. IF Romans had troubles against the Hun mounted cavalry, what makes you think that the macedonian army, whose tactis were obsolete by the time, would do better? And as I have called it, the BOW turned the table.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:56   Link #36
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

that's why this show is sometimes retarded. lets match something out of different time periods, disregard tactics which made them, and pit them against each other.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 11:54   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that's why this show is sometimes retarded. lets match something out of different time periods, disregard tactics which made them, and pit them against each other.
the worse match up was Knight vs Pirate.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:13   Link #38
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

In addition to different time periods, I find a lot of the "special weapon" comparisons to be pretty silly. How can you compare a ballista to a handaxe in any possible way? Maybe it's not supposed to be a direct comparison and is instead an issue of whose weapon gave them the bigger overall advantage on the battlefield, but the comments from the hosts definitely made it sound pretty direct, and putting a long-range artillery piece in the same category as a melee weapon is still pretty awkward regardless.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 12:17   Link #39
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
the worse match up was Knight vs Pirate.
Agreed.

Knight Templar vs pirate and see how wellt he latter does then.

Religious zeal is a dangerous thing indeed... :3

Besides, if the knight doesn't get a gun why should the pirate? oh yeah... the excuse was 'cuz da knight got da armorz'

:/
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 18:06   Link #40
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I though that the ballista was a sorta thing to put in versus the hunnic axe, but I suppose its because they might not have had a fourth weapon for Alexander.

I had expected Alexander to win! I was really surprised that he lost!

But the next episode should be interesting. Nothing like Wild West shoot'um ups! Though I think that Jesse James' is gunna be technologically inferior and that might cost them the fight!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote