AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-08, 10:33   Link #41
Chocolate Pocky

Me and my dad will take sides on things like who'll win on this show. I won the Atila vs. Alexander one. Amd he know's ton of things like this.
Anyways, do you guys know who won the Jesse James vs. Capone? (was it Capone? I can't remember)
Old 2010-05-08, 10:42   Link #42
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

James won. Partly because they actually gave him a long-range weapon instead of a frag grenade. I'd have picked him to win anyway probably but rifle vs grenade and champion marksmen vs random guys related to Capone's gangsters didn't really provide the fairest statistics.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 10:55   Link #43
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I was really impressed with the Jesse James Team, they were really skilled!

It's hard to say if the match up was unfair or not; true having champion gunmen matched up with random guys seem unfair, but exactly how skilled was the odd gang member with Capone? How skilled was Capone himself? It's hard to say, and Jesse James gets the benefit of "Why he must have been amazing" with his gang.

I really thought Capone was going to win until I saw the weapons match-ups. For me, Jesse James won every match up; Bowie Knife trumps the stiletto, and I don't care if you have 50 rounds in your magazine, I'll shoot you before you can raise that gun.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 15:05   Link #44
Gin
*Artist

The James vs Capone episode was nice because they actually factored in training and skill for once.
Old 2010-05-09, 19:14   Link #45
Chocolate Pocky

Oh I see. But if you think about it, it would make sense that James won, wouldn't it? Cuz Capone wasn't even a warrior in the first place right? He just smuggled in alcohol and stuff, right? I'm so uncertain with this stuff....
Old 2010-05-10, 07:16   Link #46
Sparvid
*hic*

I've never seen the show, but after watching Spoonys vlog about it, I'm somewhat intrigued (Warning: I think there was some bad language in there)
Old 2010-05-12, 01:33   Link #47
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Meh. Today was a really busy day for me so I could only catch the last fight.

Aztec vs. Zande warrior (or as Johnny called him last week, Zombie warrior)...

Completely mehtastic. I mean I understand if you're going to put in some iconic warrior types such as pirates, knights, samurais, and Spetsnaz...

But Aztecs and Zandes?

A) Who the hell were the Zandes anyway? I've never ever even heard of them! Some sort of historical C-listers?

B) The only thing I know about Aztecs is that they sacrificed humans in Tenochtitlan before getting completely and utterly pwn3d h4rdc0r3z by the Spaniards led by Cortes--if not by guns and steel, then by smallpox. And Montezuma got imprisoned.

So honestly...just WTF lmao.
Old 2010-05-12, 05:24   Link #48
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Meh. Today was a really busy day for me so I could only catch the last fight.

Aztec vs. Zande warrior (or as Johnny called him last week, Zombie warrior)...

Completely mehtastic. I mean I understand if you're going to put in some iconic warrior types such as pirates, knights, samurais, and Spetsnaz...

But Aztecs and Zandes?

A) Who the hell were the Zandes anyway? I've never ever even heard of them! Some sort of historical C-listers?

B) The only thing I know about Aztecs is that they sacrificed humans in Tenochtitlan before getting completely and utterly pwn3d h4rdc0r3z by the Spaniards led by Cortes--if not by guns and steel, then by smallpox. And Montezuma got imprisoned.

So honestly...just WTF lmao.
Come on, you would NOT know shit about the Maori or Zulu weaponry until now. Do you at least even know what are Rajput?

@ B) Cortez did not win by superior weaponry and smallpox alone. An alliance with enemy tribes and that what'shername princess to help him unite the mentioned tribes did tip the scale in his favor because, honestly, I doubt that Cortez got served by a neverending supply line of gunpowder.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:02   Link #49
Demongod86

Maori and Zulu were exceptions, not the rule >_<. Rajput? No, not really. Persian immortals I only know of cuz of all the hubbub that went on over 300.

So yeah. At least next week is proving to be interesting, though frankly, I think Viet Cong will take it. The Viet Cong actually outlasted the USA in the Vietnam war, while the SS just got owned.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:43   Link #50
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Maori and Zulu were exceptions
They were not exceptions. They had powerful armies, powerful enough to conquer their neighbors. So did the aztecs and the zande. So they are as worthy to have their weaponries tried and tested as anyone else in this show.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 22:18   Link #51
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Mmm!! I like the smell of Flame broiled Viet cong in the morning.
Old 2010-05-18, 22:38   Link #52
Gin
*Artist

Go Nazis!
Old 2010-05-18, 22:49   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
"Who will be the Deadiest Rac... Warrior"
Old 2010-05-18, 23:00   Link #54
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
The Rajput warrior looks incredibly snazzy! I'm really hyped out for the next episode; Roman commander versus the elusive Indian warrior class. Cool ancient weaponry for some good badass fighting.

For this week's episode I predicted that the SS would win; they were trained better and had better weaponry IMO.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 23:02   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I hope both of them lose =\
Old 2010-05-19, 11:01   Link #56
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, considering in history, the Indians pwned the Romans..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:22   Link #57
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Go indians! Kick em' romans arses! *puts money on Romans* >_0 I'd like to make a bet...

Wait. Did the fight already happen? I've been missing them since the first two.

Edit: :'O I meant kick, not lick. Shit. Damn typo innuendos.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-05-25 at 22:31.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 22:28   Link #58
Gin
*Artist

I feel like this show is bringing out racist tendencies that I didn't even know I had, since I always seem to be rooting for the 'white guy'

This week's episode was pretty good, it was nice to see the opposing sides actually acknowledge when the other team showcased a powerful weapon for a change.
Old 2010-05-25, 23:56   Link #59
Demongod86

I seem to be wrong whenever I think who's going to win...

Thought Capone's gang would take it...nope.
Definitely thought VC would be > Nazis just by transitivity. VCs>1960s-70s USA Army, 1940s USA army > SS
Here, just watching the ep, I thought it'd be a rehash of Spartan vs. Ninja, where the guy with the agility gets smashed with the idiot ball.
Old 2010-06-05, 13:22   Link #60
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, considering in history, the Indians pwned the Romans..
uhh...Indians never fought the Romans.

Quote:
I seem to be wrong whenever I think who's going to win...

Thought Capone's gang would take it...nope.
Definitely thought VC would be > Nazis just by transitivity. VCs>1960s-70s USA Army, 1940s USA army > SS
Here, just watching the ep, I thought it'd be a rehash of Spartan vs. Ninja, where the guy with the agility gets smashed with the idiot ball.
Militarily speaking, the US was winning in Nam. Both the NVA and VC were utterly exhausted by the time of the Tet offensive - in fact, it was their last gamble. The US was defeated politically.

And the Nazis would have no qualms about killing civilans...so Nazi SS > VC makes sense to me.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote