AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-03, 18:56   Link #1
Flower
Celestial operations....

Kiniro la Corda (La Corda d’Oro) -Blue Sky-

CR is streaming this one too:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...mulcast-lineup

And I was surprised to not see a thread dedicated to it....

Here is a brief summary about the franchise itself from here:

Quote:
La corda d’oro, the hugely popular game series, celebrated its 10th anniversary on September 19, 2013. Fans have poured their undying love and support to the entire series over the past 10 years.

Now, they’re about to be swept off their feet by the much-awaited animation of “La corda d’oro 3”, the latest series that was released in 2010. Twelve handsome boys and one girl spend a summer giving everything they’ve got to win a music competition. This is a story of youth and music. And dare we say, love?
Here is the summary from the above linked CR streaming announcement:

Crunchyroll keeps the Spring season acquisition train going with the latest acquisition in La corda d’oro -Blue Sky-, which is adapted from the third visual novel game in the series. La corda d’oro -Blue Sky- focuses on main character Kanade Kohinata, a member of her school’s orchestra and her relationships with the many attractive male orchestra members.

Kojin Ochi from the Detective Conan series will be helming up the show as chief director, with Takahiro Natori, who previously worked on the Aria series, directing at the animation production studio, TYO Animations.

The cast includes Reiko Takagi, who also voiced the heroine in previous La corda d’oro titles, returning as the new protagonist Kanade.

The rest of the star-studded cast includes Jun Fukuyama as Kyoya Kisaragi, Katsuyuki Konishi as Ritsu Kisaragi, Kisho Taniyama as Chiaki Togane, Satoshi Hino as Reiji Myoga, and Yuki Masuda as Sosuke Nanami.
Old 2014-04-03, 21:32   Link #2
LKK

I never made it through the previous incarnations, but I'll give this time a try since it's on CR. However, I'm also putting the odds of finishing this incarnation really, really, really low based on my prior experience. My guess is that the first time I get behind on my viewing, this will probably drift off the schedule.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 21:35   Link #3
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

the previous kiniro no corda... im a musician so im okay (actually i like it) even though its for girl and reverse harem
Old 2014-04-03, 22:51   Link #4
aiuewatcher
The Eternal Newbie

Kinda interesting the fact that this show is the time-slot successor to Hajime no Ippo Rising in Japan.
aiuewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 10:54   Link #5
Lota

It's probably gonna be bad, but... I friggin love classical music, so I'm probably going to watch it anyway
Old 2014-04-05, 16:23   Link #6
ookamigirl

Once again nice bishies ^^
Well, that's to be expected.
I such a sucker for bishies... O.O
Have a feeling this is gonna be a slow and relaxed story.
Introductions of characters were nice.
All the different colors and styles were enchanting.
If I pick this up, it's not gonna be 'cause of the story lol

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:00   Link #7
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The first episode wasn't so bad, but then I really like violins as I use to play. I haven't played in such a long time that I probably don't have the fingers for it anymore.

It'll be nice to hear more violin solos.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:47   Link #8
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not a bad start and so its violins this time
Old 2014-04-05, 20:49   Link #9
ginger02

Shipping Kyoya and Kanede already.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:58   Link #10
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

take place in same school but seriously, no lily? it will just become normal music otome anime then...
Old 2014-04-06, 00:09   Link #11
Lota

Ok, so... It's pretty bad, just like I expected, but hey, at least it's entertaining. I only wish we had longer excerpts of music instead of these half-a-minute shorts just for show, but maybe in time?...
Old 2014-04-06, 00:10   Link #12
Flower
Celestial operations....

Well, I kinda like the trope of the shy, unaffected super talented diamond in the rough sorts being polished and blowing everyone away in the process, so this series (though it is kinda silly) will prolly be okay for me.

Plus the classical music. I love classical music.

Still, I can see it becoming so dumb story line wise that the music and the trope won't be able to save it, so I willnot commit for the moment.
Old 2014-04-06, 00:48   Link #13
dark44

hope they follow the manga and no original end
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 01:15   Link #14
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
hope they follow the manga and no original end
This episode follow the manga. I'm not sure if most of the remaining episodes is going to follow it because the 1st volume of the manga was only just released 2 days ago.

Edit:
I re-read the manga earlier, it seems they add some things from the game, rearranging order of the events and add some anime only parts on this episode. It's still much closer with the manga compared to the game though.

Last edited by melina_putri; 2014-04-06 at 16:53.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 01:57   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I liked the first La Corda, but it was the characters that made it worthwhile and fun. Both Kahoko and the boys.

Aren't getting those vibes from this one yet. Hope to be proven wrong. :/

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 04:06   Link #16
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

^
yeah, some random girl given music power by random fairy. that alone is interesting plot. and tsundere len is so hngggh (im not gay)
i dont feel anything after watching this... the glasses dude reminds me of tezuka from prince of tennis~
Old 2014-04-06, 09:58   Link #17
AntonKutovoi

Hmm... While I consider Kiniro no Corda to be the most boring out of all Koei's otome franchises, the first episode wasn't that bad. Also, nice music.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 06:30   Link #18
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
This episode follow the manga. I'm not sure if most of the remaining episodes is going to follow it because the 1st volume of the manga was only just released 2 days ago.

Edit:
I re-read the manga earlier, it seems they add some things from the game, rearranging order of the events and add some anime only parts on this episode. It's still much closer with the manga compared to the game though.
Are there any difference between the Blue Sky manga and the Aria of Linden Hall manga? Both seem to tell the same story in different ways?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:34   Link #19
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Are there any difference between the Blue Sky manga and the Aria of Linden Hall manga? Both seem to tell the same story in different ways?
Both of are based from Kiniro no Corda 3 game so they're similar.

After reading the first few chapters of both manga, Aria of Linden Hall manga seems to be more comedic, though it's also has serious chapters and it's more focused on the characters daily lives in Linden Hall while Blue Sky manga seems to be more serious from the start.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 17:48   Link #20
Irisiel

Okay, that Len cameo made me miss the original cast. I wonder if they'll do a big fanservice thing and have the whole original cast (including Kaho, maybe with Lili watching over them) do a concert before the final episodes? Because that would be awesome!