AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 19:58   Link #901
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Well I gotta say I enjoyed the last ep as much as the rest, overall this series delivered for me and thats good enough.

count me as one that loved the 2nd half of the ep 13.

I particularly liked the flashback rendition of the souvenir and beach ones, it's really such a nice and funny twist to it all

I approve of Magical Mako, deserves it's own series as much as Blade Braver does from Bamboo Blade

Great stuff, hope we get 2nd season soon!
Old 2010-09-26, 20:10   Link #902
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I approve of Magical Mako, deserves it's own series as much as Blade Braver does from Bamboo Blade
Sadly, the last time a sub-fictional work was expanded into a half-hour format, the reactions were...mixed, to say the least. Though that could be attributed just as much to taking people off guard as anything. Though I would gladly be in favor of it, if only because the format of it was different. Rather than having Magical Mako existing in the world of SYD, the producers were implying it was existing in our world.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 21:12   Link #903
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Seitokai was one of my favorites this season since it did not disappoint from start to finish. Its not often to see an ecchi script delivered so well consistently throughout the series. Sure, some jokes and innuendos were reused, but they never came across as being out of place. Each random display of erotic humor matched the girls' personalities perfectly. Even Suzu, who was the most "normal" of the girls, still had tons of hilarious moments - of which, most were at her expense. Seitokai in my opinion had arguably the best cast of characters this season. Even the teacher, Miss Naruko, was awesome. When I recognized that she was there to interview Kotomi, they'd hit it off and she'd approve of her enrollment lol
Mairsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 21:24   Link #904
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Well, I enjoyed that last episode, and the series overall was one huge romp of enjoyable in-your-endo.
Considering the show's humor, it's really not off, even if it's not "canon." For something from a 4-koma, I don't think that really matters anyway.
I liked the second half, because I thought it was a great parody on all the recap/flashback episodes that are so horrible to go through. I thought it was going to be a straightforward recap at first, but once Tsuda's "souvenir" was pulled out, I knew this wasn't the case. and it worked for me.

Magical Mako I would promote to be real, because that actually looked pretty nice. I'm not even a fan of mahou-shoujo anime, and I'm saying that. o_o
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 21:39   Link #905
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If that doesn't say something about our personal opinions,what does?
Of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sure it wasn't manga material, though i don't see that being a good enough reason.
Except people aren't saying they didn't like it just because it wasn't manga material, but that they didn't like it because it wasn't really funny, or that the staff apparently thought they could be funnier than the manga-ka. If the staff did something that really was funny, there might not have been complaining. And if they just followed the manga, the last part would definitely have been funny.
It is a good enough reason to dislike that part of the episode.

And yes, the show has joked like that before, but just like this section, it is obviously original and not as enjoyable as the material from the manga.
But, the main difference is that the jokes before didn't take up over half of the episode, especially the last episode. That's the main problem.
If it was only a little section here and there, the viewers could laugh it off and go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
T'is not dirty enough is what people are saying but don't want to say out loud.
Not at all, not at all

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 22:34   Link #906
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

it is obvious that the staff trolling us
when I check the manga, I surprised that actually no bondage teddy and shino's kyoto trip
there are lot of original material in anime that I found it's funny
but why they ruin it in last episode!?!

sorry for bad english
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 01:27   Link #907
Freeter
i see baka people

They need to give Hata her own show. Honestly, that girl steals every scene she's in. Heck, throw in Suzu and you'll have a bonafide hit

New girl was a huge waste of time (the vibrator gimmick got old REAL fast). Hope they do another 'ignore play' and keep her out of the second season. I'd say the same for Kaede since she adds nothing to the show, but Kagami voice = guaranteed sales so she's probably sticking around for a while.

Second season better have more ShinoxTsuda moments (with some Mitsuba for good measure) and less 'original' segments. Deredere Shino is just too sweet

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 02:21   Link #908
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Shino was hilarious in the beginning. I appreciate what they were trying to do (with the randomness in the middle) since it was the last episode, but it didn't quite work.

A fun show to watch, eventhough it took a while to warm up to its style of comedy. It got good for me around the time Shino showed more comical faces/animations and the occassional silly tone in her voice.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 03:24   Link #909
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Except people aren't saying they didn't like it just because it wasn't manga material
That's just the feeling i'm getting, that's all. & i already know about the points you stated, and i was just saying that i don't agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
They need to give Hata her own show.
One of the amazing factors of Hata is her random appearances and how she steals the show, so i can't see that happening in a series based around her . Still would be fun though.
Old 2010-09-27, 04:05   Link #910
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
One of the amazing factors of Hata is her random appearances and how she steals the show, so i can't see that happening in a series based around her . Still would be fun though.
Exactly... Hata's good in small doses.. a show based on Hata is just going to be like Joey, it will suck... hard.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 09:03   Link #911
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Admittedly I was originally not on board for this show to start because it wasn't more Seitokai no Ichizon. I'm so glad I checked it out anyway, because while Ichizon is fun in its own right, Seitokai Yakuindomo is so very much more awesome.

SYD was by far the best series of the summer and one of the funniest series I've ever watched. Of all the new things ending from the summer season, this needs a second season the most IMO. Now to try and track down the manga.

And I agree, Hata is win. Though for me it's in part due to the fact that Satomi Arai is win as well. I also have to say that Shino is pretty great too, though that again is also due to Mio Hikasa Yoko being great.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 13:21   Link #912
Solafighter
Hige

The last episode was certainly a blast.

The last couple of minutes certainly gave me a chill over my whole body. Great way to end this masterpiece of an anime.

One dump question: What is 'Seitokai Yakuin Domo' translated in english?
Old 2010-09-27, 13:29   Link #913
Freeter
i see baka people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Exactly... Hata's good in small doses.. a show based on Hata is just going to be like Joey, it will suck... hard.
Joey was garbage because it had a weak supporting cast (and Matt LeBlanc isn't exactly leading material). Surround Hata with characters who can complement her zany photo antics and you'll have something that'll work.

Maybe Dejima can start filming her ojou-sama (if she hasn't already)

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 15:02   Link #914
Stefkov

I think this was definitely one of my favourites this season. Different and not what I was expecting it to be, which is great because I'm a bit tired of the romance stuff which for some reason seems to be the majority of the shows I have in my collection. Need more variety.

The scene with the mushroom and the androphobic girl made me spill my drink.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 15:14   Link #915
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
One dump question: What is 'Seitokai Yakuin Domo' translated in english?
Pretty simply, something among the lines of "Student Council Members".
Old 2010-09-27, 16:43   Link #916
twasdfzxcv

What was the joke in the opening student council rules where shino starting yelling before tsuda shut her up.
twasdfzxcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 19:56   Link #917
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twasdfzxcv View Post
What was the joke in the opening student council rules where shino starting yelling before tsuda shut her up.
The reason for it was explained in the Ayako version.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:41   Link #918
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Really enjoyed it, was one of my favs of the season.

Anyone know how well it did ratings wise, dvd sales, etc?
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 22:40   Link #919
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal View Post
Really enjoyed it, was one of my favs of the season.

Anyone know how well it did ratings wise, dvd sales, etc?
Read back a few pages, there are various postings on sales. There's also a thread in the General Anime section on weekly tv ratings: note, almost all late night anime ranks below 2% so that isn't as terrible as it may look.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 04:38   Link #920
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Joey was garbage because it had a weak supporting cast (and Matt LeBlanc isn't exactly leading material). Surround Hata with characters who can complement her zany photo antics and you'll have something that'll work.

Maybe Dejima can start filming her ojou-sama (if she hasn't already)
Hata isn't leading material either.. great cameo characters rarely make great leads.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen