AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 05:33   Link #321
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Too bad my favourite comes already in the middle of the show But thankfully the class rep comes last which is promising!
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 06:05   Link #322
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

I was hoping Tanamachi's arc would come a little later than that. With this format I might lose interest after a mere eight episodes (long ago I stopped playing TokiMemo 2 after getting only the endings I liked ). Ah well, we'll see I guess.
Old 2010-07-06, 07:51   Link #323
Wrath88
Kissing...

Overall, I think this series stands a better chance of a subforum that HotD. The character discussions for Junichi would go quite a ways due to the reset thing.
Old 2010-07-06, 08:24   Link #324
mangatron
Those glorious leggy's <3

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here don't know who Nanasaki is . She only appeared in this episode for a few seconds at the pool.
Well considering she has IMO the tastier non h-manga, I would be surprised. But not everyone knows of the manga as well, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Overall, I think this series stands a better chance of a subforum that HotD. The character discussions for Junichi would go quite a ways due to the reset thing.
Yeah, with this arc thing too, it has a more sensible chance than Haüs von das töt. In fact, how in the world can that Haus have it's own sub-forum? Will there be threads like "favorite zombie" ?

She's not wearing a bra, right?
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:04   Link #325
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
So far this fills my "high school romance" quota for the season... unless I'm missing something else. Definitely like how this starts. I'm in. Especially a show where pretty much all the girls win... well, except for imouto Miya...
Yes, my romance quota is filled for this season.

I really hope not a lot of attention it paid to Miya, in any of the arcs. I could care less about spending time to ease her discomfort of losing her "nii-nii" and hearing everyone go on about the wincest or whatever 'cest they like to call it.

Quote:
I can understand why she's so popular going by what i've read in the manga, though i wouldn't place her as a main girl like i would with Ayatsuji.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here don't know who Nanasaki is . She only appeared in this episode for a few seconds at the pool.
She is my favorite. That two-tone suit...dayaamnn. 'Tis a shame co-ed swim team didn't go past middle/junior high school.
Old 2010-07-06, 09:31   Link #326
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wait a minute... I thought it was Yuumi who was cover girl for KimiKiss? At least my Japanese friend's PS2 game had her on the cover IIRC.
Actually you're right, it is Yuumi, seems there's two covers and both as Yuumi, no idea why I thought it was Mao, I shouldn't rely on my terrible memory!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:36   Link #327
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

I really hope not a lot of attention it paid to Miya, in any of the arcs. I could care less about spending time to ease her discomfort of losing her "nii-nii" and hearing everyone go on about the wincest or whatever 'cest they like to call it.

She is my favorite. That two-tone suit...dayaamnn. 'Tis a shame co-ed swim team didn't go past middle/junior high school.

Oh? A fellow race swimsuit fetishist? They're the best, aren't they? Beats any damn bikini.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:37   Link #328
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Send a message via Skype™ to roankun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Eventually they will reveal that Junichi has lived through all those universes, having only residual memories of each. His goal then becomes clear - to figure out why he keeps being sent back in time and put a stop to it.
I'm deifinitely sensing Higurashi vibes now. Think there's a yandere in there? :P
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:55   Link #329
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

The little talk about how Kaoru reminds one of Haruka from To Heart 2, been thinking about it again and I finally found out who she was actually reminding me of, Chizuru from Nyan Koi!
Just hit me this morning when having my cuppa.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:00   Link #330
mangatron
Those glorious leggy's <3

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
The little talk about how Kaoru reminds one of Haruka from To Heart 2, been thinking about it again and I finally found out who she was actually reminding me of, Chizuru from Nyan Koi!
Just hit me this morning when having my cuppa.
Oh come on man, you made me keep thinking for the past day or so about this! How could I forget the postman girl (although that's easy, because my fav girl(s) were the twins)

I swear now, I'll stop there because that's as far as I can go for the past 2 years, which there should be another girl somewhere during that time

She's not wearing a bra, right?
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 10:28   Link #331
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Actually you're right, it is Yuumi, seems there's two covers and both as Yuumi, no idea why I thought it was Mao, I shouldn't rely on my terrible memory!
I wonder how they decide that sort of thing. Maybe they chose Yuumi for the cover but Mao ended up being more popular? I like her better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Oh? A fellow race swimsuit fetishist? They're the best, aren't they? Beats any damn bikini.
Yes!!

You can't beat a one-piece swim suit. I like bikini's too, don't get me wrong, I just prefer one-pieces.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:49   Link #332
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
I wonder how they decide that sort of thing. Maybe they chose Yuumi for the cover but Mao ended up being more popular? I like her better myself.

Yes!!

You can't beat a one-piece swim suit. I like bikini's too, don't get me wrong, I just prefer one-pieces.
Kind of ironic considering the preferred bathing suit of choice of the character in your avatar in a certain sequel(?) of a certain game.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 10:57   Link #333
wingman32x

Quote:
I can understand why she's so popular going by what i've read in the manga, though i wouldn't place her as a main girl like i would with Ayatsuji.

I think it's only a matter of time before people start liking Nanasaki. She's adorable in the manga adaptation and she has a cute personality. She's very hard to not like IMO.

Ayatsuji I can see being a bit more polarizing, if her manga behavior is any indication of what she'll do in the anime version.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:13   Link #334
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:

I completely agree with you. That's so boring and cliche!
And I couldn't even feel pity. I prefer even Kaede, from Shuffle.

Also, we should get a new thread for this anime!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-07-06 at 14:29. Reason: removed the quoted spoiler and subsequent game discussion
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:18   Link #335
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Kind of ironic considering the preferred bathing suit of choice of the character in your avatar in a certain sequel(?) of a certain game.
I didn't know she specifically preferred that type of bathing suit. Well, it's not like I don't like it, I just prefer one-pieces, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I think it's only a matter of time before people start liking Nanasaki. She's adorable in the manga adaptation and she has a cute personality. She's very hard to not like IMO.

Ayatsuji I can see being a bit more polarizing, if her manga behavior is any indication of what she'll do in the anime version.
Each girl has some quirk that will make her interesting. I stopped reading the mangas so I can be surprised with the anime, but did get up to the interesting part of Ayasuji, it should be good.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:28   Link #336
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
I completely agree with you. That's so boring and cliche!
Nothing wrong with being boring and cliche.

Wooo Wincest!
Old 2010-07-06, 13:36   Link #337
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Nothing wrong with being boring and cliche.

Wooo Wincest!

I got no problem with that. I really like wincests s2

But I just think his imouto is annoying. Why imoutos are supposed to be annoying?
Her voice, her "nii--niii".. Just hope she gets better when it's time for her arc.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:46   Link #338
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
But that already happened in other game adaptations, they always try to confuse us and show lots of scenes from all routes. But I wouldn’t complain if she were the true heroine.
I’m betting on class rep, though.
Tsukasa is the cover girl of the game and the default pick, so it makes sense that hers is the last arc in the anime. But as for who is the 'true heroine', with each heroine getting their own arcs, that really wouldn't matter much as each viewer can have his favourite(s).

Still, I guess that really wouldn't stop others from arguing which girl is better.

Quote:
But I just think his imouto is annoying. Why imoutos are supposed to be annoying?
Her voice, her "nii--niii".. Just hope she gets better when it's time for her arc.
And with that, I shall share the wisdom of Sasahara from Genshiken (also Araragi from Bakemonogatari):

Little sisters are a fantasy of guys who don't have any!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:20   Link #339
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not a bad first episode but i still not sure if i actually liked it or not. I was not as in to it as i thought i would be. I have not played the game so maybe thats part of it But i will for sure keep watching since it looks like it could be interesting. Junichi was an interesting male lead a bit whimpy but with heart at times i think hes worth the watch and to see how he will interact with the other girls whom he will come across in his daily life.
Old 2010-07-06, 14:26   Link #340
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
I got no problem with that. I really like wincests s2

Sometimes it's good, but in this case, it's not. She is annoying. And I don't think she is getting an arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Tsukasa is the cover girl of the game and the default pick, so it makes sense that hers is the last arc in the anime. But as for who is the 'true heroine', with each heroine getting their own arcs, that really wouldn't matter much as each viewer can have his favourite(s).

Still, I guess that really wouldn't stop others from arguing which girl is better.

And with that, I shall share the wisdom of Sasahara from Genshiken (also Araragi from Bakemonogatari):

Little sisters are a fantasy of guys who don't have any!
That's quite true. The grass is greener as they say.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen