AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-06, 14:35   Link #341
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
yay, Tsukasa gets the last arc. i'm looking forward to it. I ship her. the amount of "girl next door" vibe she gives off is crazy. and thus my affinity towards her rises.


edit: racing swimsuits. omfg yes. there's a nice adult aimed manga that's pretty damn epic along these lines.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:39   Link #342
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Sometimes it's good, but in this case, it's not. She is annoying. And I don't think she is getting an arc.
She's obviously not getting an arc because there's not enough room, though we might get a little focus on her towards the end. Impossible to say at this point though.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 17:07   Link #343
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Tsukasa is the cover girl of the game and the default pick, so it makes sense that hers is the last arc in the anime. But as for who is the 'true heroine', with each heroine getting their own arcs, that really wouldn't matter much as each viewer can have his favourite(s).

Still, I guess that really wouldn't stop others from arguing which girl is better.
Of course it won't stop people from arguing about which girl is better. Being the default girl doesn't always mean that they're the best or most popular, so there's bound to be debate in these types of series.

I'm personally kind of iffy about Ayatsuji for reasons that people are bound to see during her arc.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 23:41   Link #344
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Of course it won't stop people from arguing about which girl is better. Being the default girl doesn't always mean that they're the best or most popular, so there's bound to be debate in these types of series.

I'm personally kind of iffy about Ayatsuji for reasons that people are bound to see during her arc.
I always looked at it as more what girl the arguer prefers rather than which is "better". Saves me from relentless head banging on the wall.

And I'll agree with you about Ayatsuji. I'm sure there will be interesting discussion about her come her arc.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:06   Link #345
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
well i felt the first episdoe was pretty trite, and it just felt extremely ham handed, like why would the school idol find juinichi to be super warm and nice from him buyin bread. It's probably more to do with the time fram than anything so I'm hoping that they will spend a little more time building up what ever we are supposed to feel for with these characters.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:45   Link #346
therationalpi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State College, PA, USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
well i felt the first episdoe was pretty trite, and it just felt extremely ham handed, like why would the school idol find juinichi to be super warm and nice from him buyin bread. It's probably more to do with the time fram than anything so I'm hoping that they will spend a little more time building up what ever we are supposed to feel for with these characters.
Perhaps we will see more in the coming episodes? If you think about it, Haruka might be used to guys being nice to her as a facade to gain her affection. It might be enough to see Junichi being genuinely nice to someone other than her. Moreover, she just talked to him, and talking to someone does not constitute a marriage agreement.

A thought that crossed my mind is, what if she's just taking advantage of his kindness? She sees a guy helping out a cute girl and says, "Hey, I'm cute. I can get something out of this guy." Heck, she might have just wanted to make him like her so she could shoot him down and give herself an ego boost.

Some people are like that. It'd be really interesting if that's how this develops.
__________________
You may say that pi is irrational. However, let me point out that 355/113 is close enough to pi for most purposes. And if that is not good enough for you, then who's being irrational?
therationalpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:57   Link #347
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Perhaps we will see more in the coming episodes? If you think about it, Haruka might be used to guys being nice to her as a facade to gain her affection. It might be enough to see Junichi being genuinely nice to someone other than her. Moreover, she just talked to him, and talking to someone does not constitute a marriage agreement.

A thought that crossed my mind is, what if she's just taking advantage of his kindness? She sees a guy helping out a cute girl and says, "Hey, I'm cute. I can get something out of this guy." Heck, she might have just wanted to make him like her so she could shoot him down and give herself an ego boost.

Some people are like that. It'd be really interesting if that's how this develops.
I don't know it just felt like lazy writing, very lazy. Of course some of the "stock" characters at the beginning didn't help to set expectations very high. I mean seriously, friend who is a perv, done to death.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 02:12   Link #348
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Perhaps we will see more in the coming episodes? If you think about it, Haruka might be used to guys being nice to her as a facade to gain her affection. It might be enough to see Junichi being genuinely nice to someone other than her...
Eh, perhaps. She did repeatedly mention how nice he was, but damn...you're telling me the main protagonist is one of the few males in the school who'd help out a cute freshmen, free of any ulterior motive? How lame are the other guys? *Looks at main dude's best friend* Nevermind...

My other main issue with this line of thinking is that you'd have to be majorly arrogant/jaded to think that guys are only nice to you because they like you, but with everyone else it's a genuine act of kindness. Haruka may be the school idol, but it ain't like the other girls are ugly. Hell, I think the friend she met in hall (Hibiki?) was quite pretty, and I dunno if she'll even have much screen time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
A thought that crossed my mind is, what if she's just taking advantage of his kindness? She sees a guy helping out a cute girl and says, "Hey, I'm cute. I can get something out of this guy." Heck, she might have just wanted to make him like her so she could shoot him down and give herself an ego boost.
Some people are like that. It'd be really interesting if that's how this develops.
I haven't played the game, but I seriously doubt that's the case. It's more likely that Haruka is the playful\teasing type who is either unaware of her popularity with the opposite sex, or is too good-natured to take advantage of it. Oh, and back to her friend, Hibiki. You noticed her troubled expression during that scene, right? Like that type of situation happens constantly with Haruka? That also led me to believe that Haruka is clueless.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm arguing with you, when it's more of me fighting with how stupid some of the reasons are for these top notch girls to fall for the boring male lead. Heh. Talk about low hanging fruit. Wait, why do I still watch anime??? *Looks at pics of heroines and recalls their voice actresses* There we go!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:21   Link #349
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Shipping Tsukasa instead of Sexhair? For shame!
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:27   Link #350
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Perhaps we will see more in the coming episodes? If you think about it, Haruka might be used to guys being nice to her as a facade to gain her affection. It might be enough to see Junichi being genuinely nice to someone other than her. Moreover, she just talked to him, and talking to someone does not constitute a marriage agreement.

A thought that crossed my mind is, what if she's just taking advantage of his kindness? She sees a guy helping out a cute girl and says, "Hey, I'm cute. I can get something out of this guy." Heck, she might have just wanted to make him like her so she could shoot him down and give herself an ego boost.

Some people are like that. It'd be really interesting if that's how this develops.
Hmm...

I don't know the game, and I haven't read up on Haruka, so all I'm writing is only based on what I saw from the anime. But I don't believe that Haruka is the type to consciously exploit someone.

There are people like her. Who see (and like) when a second-year helps out a freshman, like his clumsiness, and (yes) like his eyes. Just like she radiantly beamed at the pictures of cute dogs in the books. She seems to be a rather extroverted person, and also, it seems that she's got to fend off her share of admirers.

Particularly important was the scene at the fountain, imho. I'd say it's obvious that she picked up on Junichi's interest in her, and she decided to signal him "no" kindly and easily, before he's getting in too deep and really hurting afterwards. She skillfully steered the discussion to provoke him to confess, and to reject him in the nicest way I've seen in a long time. If her intent had been to exploit him in any way, she wouldn't have done that, but she'd have rather kept him hangin on or maybe even encouraged him.

This scene was very important to me, because it gave Haruka alot of well-needed depth. She's not just a beaming-happy beauty, but she's got brains behind her smile. And softly discouraging a kouhai glowing with a crush on her is a very nice thing to do.

Well then, Junichi. Time to show some resilience
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:44   Link #351
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Will be watching this later. Got a loli anime first on my list.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 04:06   Link #352
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Shipping Tsukasa instead of Sexhair? For shame!
I don't think it matters since this is supposed to be like kimikiss rouge? or something on the lines of that manga series based on the game.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 04:15   Link #353
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I don't think it matters since this is supposed to be like kimikiss rouge? or something on the lines of that manga series based on the game.
Indeed. Each girl will have their own path animated, with four episodes each. I guess that's why some people can get away with saying that the pacing is pretty fast in the first episode, though personally i'm one for that. It just jumps right into the first story that is Haruka.

Mentar's done a wonderful job there of summing up Haruka to a T.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:12   Link #354
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Indeed. Each girl will have their own path animated, with four episodes each. I guess that's why some people can get away with saying that the pacing is pretty fast in the first episode, though personally i'm one for that. It just jumps right into the first story that is Haruka.

Mentar's done a wonderful job there of summing up Haruka to a T.
I guess you have to suspend your disbelief but since we're viewing this from Juinichi's perspective most of her doting/flirting and then her deft rejection come off as very telegraphed, and don't come off as plausible. Once describe in that manner I'll buy that explanation for now, it truly will depend on how the next episode plays out.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:46   Link #355
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boo. I kinda think a more 'serious' drama series like this one is probably aiming for needs more than just 12 episodes.

I really want to see Yoshimasa Hiraike go the extra mile and to the fully featured 2-cours. It'd be like a boxer going from 6 rounders to 12 rounders.

I know I'm being unreasonable since there may be plot issues to of course, the horrendous economy in Japan right now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:49   Link #356
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Boo. I kinda think a more 'serious' drama series like this one is probably aiming for needs more than just 12 episodes.
This show is going to be 24 episodes.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 05:51   Link #357
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Whew. I relied too much on what's penned down in websites. Great to know.

On that note, great see Yoshimasa Hiraike expand his resumé. From the first episode alone, the sense of writing and visuals were captivating all by themselves. Hiraike is a future anime legend, I will bet on that.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:39   Link #358
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm...

I don't know the game, and I haven't read up on Haruka, so all I'm writing is only based on what I saw from the anime. But I don't believe that Haruka is the type to consciously exploit someone.

There are people like her. Who see (and like) when a second-year helps out a freshman, like his clumsiness, and (yes) like his eyes. Just like she radiantly beamed at the pictures of cute dogs in the books. She seems to be a rather extroverted person, and also, it seems that she's got to fend off her share of admirers.

Particularly important was the scene at the fountain, imho. I'd say it's obvious that she picked up on Junichi's interest in her, and she decided to signal him "no" kindly and easily, before he's getting in too deep and really hurting afterwards. She skillfully steered the discussion to provoke him to confess, and to reject him in the nicest way I've seen in a long time. If her intent had been to exploit him in any way, she wouldn't have done that, but she'd have rather kept him hangin on or maybe even encouraged him.

This scene was very important to me, because it gave Haruka alot of well-needed depth. She's not just a beaming-happy beauty, but she's got brains behind her smile. And softly discouraging a kouhai glowing with a crush on her is a very nice thing to do.

Well then, Junichi. Time to show some resilience
Well, telling a guy that she liked older guys is crushing. But it is something that he can prove wrong and I hope he does. Well, we know he will since the endings are concrete, but it should be good to see how.

Good analysis, as always.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 09:13   Link #359
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This show is going to be 24 episodes.
Well actually, should be 26 (at least on the BDs/DVDs), but close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Whew. I relied too much on what's penned down in websites. Great to know.
By the way, which website has this wrong? I know some websites like ANN just put 12 blank episode slots as a placeholder for pretty much every new show, but that isn't supposed to be an episode count (even though they make it look that way). I'm curious what other websites get it wrong. Of course I'm pleased to say that our own website has it right.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 09:31   Link #360
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well actually, should be 26 (at least on the BDs/DVDs), but close enough.
Yeah my mistake. I couldn't remember if the DVD count was 24 or 26.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.