AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-07, 10:00   Link #361
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should watch the series with the reset in relationships every few episodes.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:04   Link #362
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should watch the series with the reset in relationships every few episodes.
Perhaps you can do like what someone decided here, just pick a girl, watch her arc, and end it with that

Personally, I'm hoping to finish the fight mainly because I have 3 years to make up for.
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:22   Link #363
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should watch the series with the reset in relationships every few episodes.
I'd say watch one reset (if that's what we get) and see how it feels.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:31   Link #364
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, telling a guy that she liked older guys is crushing. But it is something that he can prove wrong and I hope he does. Well, we know he will since the endings are concrete, but it should be good to see how.

Good analysis, as always.
Yeah, saying 'sorry, I like older guys" is not the nicest thing aroung and I would call it downright crushing, but at least she was kind enough to not beat around the bush and shot him down even if it was crushing.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:36   Link #365
greedyisgood
easy mode
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
So which among these girls is the tsundere type?
__________________
Something good will happen...
greedyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:40   Link #366
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah my mistake. I couldn't remember if the DVD count was 24 or 26.
Kadowaki Mai aka Hinako from Hinako Training for 25 & 26
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:41   Link #367
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
lol training with Hinako? I still can't fathom sleeping with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyisgood View Post
So which among these girls is the tsundere type?
Hmm.... I'm going to throw a tactical nuke into deep space and say, probably Ayatsuji.
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:38   Link #368
ars magna
-__-
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
lol training with Hinako? I still can't fathom sleeping with her



Hmm.... I'm going to throw a tactical nuke into deep space and say, probably Ayatsuji.
Well, she isn't tundere; she just has issues about being overshadowed by her sister. Otherwise she acts (emphasis on acts) very friendly and helpful. If you could call anyone tundere, it would be probably Miya although she isn't one of the heroines.
ars magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:46   Link #369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kadowaki Mai aka Hinako from Hinako Training for 25 & 26
I'd be all for that.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:03   Link #370
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars magna View Post
Well, she isn't tundere; she just has issues about being overshadowed by her sister. Otherwise she acts (emphasis on acts) very friendly and helpful. If you could call anyone tundere, it would be probably Miya although she isn't one of the heroines.
Well from all heroines Ayatsuji does sometime act most 'tsundere-ish' specially when she is embarrassed or annoyed but yeah there isnt a 100% tsundere among the main heroines other than that.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:25   Link #371
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
phone post

Hence my "shot in the dark" you won't be finding a Naru in this series.
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:30   Link #372
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
First ep watched..... lots of little nice touches. Almost made you feel like you should have to choose a response at some points. Generally enjoyed the mood, feel, and execution. Will definitely watch at least a couple of arcs to see how the transition plays out.

I think I'm definitely going to like this style (parallel fairy tales) better than the "one guy chooses out of six girls" fantasy (anime adaptations almost always fail in that mode, either they fear to make any choice (reset) or they have to contort believability to reach the focus group winner). But I still prefer more complex story lines that, say, have triangles (e.g. Canvas 2) or spend the entire series on one path (Lamune).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 13:07   Link #373
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
First ep watched..... lots of little nice touches. Almost made you feel like you should have to choose a response at some points. Generally enjoyed the mood, feel, and execution. Will definitely watch at least a couple of arcs to see how the transition plays out.

I think I'm definitely going to like this style (parallel fairy tales) better than the "one guy chooses out of six girls" fantasy (anime adaptations almost always fail in that mode, either they fear to make any choice (reset) or they have to contort believability to reach the focus group winner). But I still prefer more complex story lines that, say, have triangles (e.g. Canvas 2) or spend the entire series on one path (Lamune).
I too would prefer more complex stories like so I love a good melodramatic love triangle, therefore I could only suggest that for each heroine there is a 1 cours series for each of them

well one can wish-__-
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 13:19   Link #374
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I too would prefer more complex stories like so I love a good melodramatic love triangle, therefore I could only suggest that for each heroine there is a 1 cours series for each of them

well one can wish-__-
Triangles are the best, I loved ef's, it was awesome. I kind of hope we get some kind of friction from other characters at some point. It'd be pretty boring if the protagonist had to do all of the leg work the whole time.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 13:26   Link #375
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I kind of hope we get some kind of friction from other characters at some point. It'd be pretty boring if the protagonist had to do all of the leg work the whole time.
I'm kinda expected that from Kaoru just going by her personality type we've seen in the first episode, so fingers crossed.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:27   Link #376
Nijuu
Please don't hate me
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Triangles are the best, I loved ef's, it was awesome.
Me too. Maybe the annoying imouto is there to go against all relationships each arc?
Joking.

I think there's not enough room for complex drama - It would be nice, though. But I don't think this anime will be shallow either.

They even let us chose our path! That means they must be concerned in showing off every girl and every route. (At least I hope so)

The main problem on game adaptations is that they put everything together so good characters stories aren't well explained. But I have faith in Amagami.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:36   Link #377
kamehameha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
so each arc will be how many episodes? No one really knows the format of the anime right, are we just guessing that the story will reset every x amount of eps? Cause that would suck and turn a lot of people from watching the series. Just how much can there be done in a single arc..? I hope that even if it does reset that the character chooses someone at the end
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:37   Link #378
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
so each arc will be how many episodes? No one really knows the format of the anime right, are we just guessing that the story will reset every x amount of eps? Cause that would suck and turn a lot of people from watching the series. Just how much can there be done in a single arc..? I hope that even if it does reset that the character chooses someone at the end
No it's been officially confirmed, and each girl will get 4 episodes each for their arc.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:38   Link #379
zeth006
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Ayatsuji...reminds me of a couple of girls I knew briefly in HS. Same type! Medium height, fair, long hair, and pretty. O_O


Spookier part is how my experiences back then aren't too far off from Tachibana's...
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:15   Link #380
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
so each arc will be how many episodes? No one really knows the format of the anime right, are we just guessing that the story will reset every x amount of eps? Cause that would suck and turn a lot of people from watching the series. Just how much can there be done in a single arc..? I hope that even if it does reset that the character chooses someone at the end
The character will choose someone at the end of each arc. Its more like a series of short stories set in alternate/parallel universes.

So, for the VN gamers - its exactly like replaying the game but making different choices that lead towards a different end.

If you read the Kimikiss manga adaptation, you'll see exactly how this sort of short story style works. That manga handles it with each volume focusing on one path to one girl and winning her at the end of that volume. Each following volume starts the school year over - there is no "correct" or "only" end.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.