AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-16, 21:42   Link #781
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
No pink or blue hair, no psychic auras, magic, aliens, robots or catgirls, not even the customary fanservice that seem to be everywhere these days. It looked like a welcome respite from the nekomimi and pantsu. And it is. Apart from the small detail that the characters do things you would normally only have done while drunk, and they do it at school.
I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but this series has absolutely no bright color palette (so far). I don't even remember if they had used a bright yellow in this series

But, despite what others think about Haruka, I just gotta hand it to her VA. I mean, I just love the "wow" in this ep, which probably has to do with how many times I've heard it in a single ep compared to the last 3 years [for me]. But it's not that, it's how natural, how energetic, and how great she says "wow", that, heh, I just can't help but say wow great work, Ito Shizuka
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:42   Link #782
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My reaction to this episode is quite different from a lot of people's. I loved it, and accepted it completely, in its context as an episode of a harem romantic comedy.
I'm completely with you on this. I loved the episode.

So much about this totally worked for me. I love how straightforward Junichi is with his feelings. I love how he acts boldly despite being the younger, not the usual meek hero of these sorts of stories. And I loved how the knee-kissing scene and the ramen scene were extremely sensual and romantic - with hardly any overt fanservice. That's romance the hard way - where you actually have to write characters, dialogue and a premise that carries some romantic weight rather than just animate some jiggly boobs, pantsu shots and bodily fluids...

A solid "A" for me this week. The hard part is that I'm liking Junichi/Haruka so much it's going to be hard to give the other arcs a fair chance.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:54   Link #783
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
*nods* I still think the most epic line from Episode 3 was

'HELP! Nii-nii's gone crazy!'
hahaha. I agree. It's also my favorite scene in ep 3. XD

Its a shame that there's no imouto arc at all.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:12   Link #784
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
*nods* I still think the most epic line from Episode 3 was

'HELP! Nii-nii's gone crazy!'
Yeah, that was a great line . It also proves that they do in fact have parents in the house.

Anyway, I liked this episode. Haruka getting jelous was really cute. The whole knee thing was a bit weird, not gonna lie. But it was by no means a "deal breaker" for me. The feeding was funny, mainly because of the reactions of the people around them. Also, I'm really glad that Nanasaki got some lines this episode. Her voice seems acceptable.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:15   Link #785
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
This couple is really wierd. I mean, I like how they're all lovey-dovey but it was wierd on how they do it. Seeing Haruka jealous was good but seeing her childish reactions was even more a treat. The spoon feeding was....well, a little awkward than romantic. It was suppose to be the other way around though
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:56   Link #786
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Ooh Fetish!

On a second viewing, despite it being out of context comedy central, I didn't like it as much as previous ones. It's mostly because I really find the transition between puppy-love crush to fetish experimentation to be very, very jarring.

I'm not harping on the realism of their... uh experiments. A healthy relationship would entail for both sides to come clean with their fantasies and fetishes and experiment them on a bit, but really, had their relationship progressed THAT much and THAT far for them to have enough of a comfort zone to be doing it in public?

Personally Ep3 fails to put into perspective a sense of progression and a time frame on their relationship. We get a jump from a forehead kiss to a When Harry Met Sally S&M tribute in the school cafeteria. I can believe in months or even weeks, but days is a bit of a stretch. If perhaps the episode tried to qualify it with progressive events that made a more logical connection between both episodes then I can live with it, but a sudden jump between two ends of a relationship spectrum almost makes me want to conclude that this entire thing was fetish fuel.

Almost.

There's also a bit of a thing with Junichi. While I admire his resolve to do away with pride and... ok decency to get the girl, the exploration into his fetishist side all of a sudden is a bit... creepy.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:59   Link #787
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Wait how the hell is this show a "harem" in anyway, it's a damn omnibus which has zero to little room for harems because their not forced with amalgamating all the story lines. Heh shrug.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:16   Link #788
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I really think kissing the back of someone's knee is a pretty damn tame fetish as fetishes go. I mean, really - we're not talking S & M, here. The ramen scene was a little more kinky, but it didn't strike me as especially over the top. Maybe things moved quickly, but they only have four eps to tell this story. I thought the ep was miraculously romantic and the knee-scene, frankly, very erotic.

It's very interesting to see such radically divergent opinions on this - I consider it the best episode of any of the summer series thus far. As Kaoru said, maybe provoking so much discussion is a success in and of itself. I'm reminded of the discussion Kaoru and I had regarding Seitokai Yakuindomo and Mitsudomoe, regarding what an oddly personal thing humor is. Well, eroticism is the same way, I suppose - what one person might find incredibly sexy another might find boring or absurd.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:25   Link #789
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Speaking of creepy, what about Junichi's buddy flaunting a semi pornmag around the school cafeteria?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:27   Link #790
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston , Texas
Age: 22
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ooh Fetish!
but really, had their relationship progressed THAT much and THAT far for them to have enough of a comfort zone to be doing it in public?

Personally Ep3 fails to put into perspective a sense of progression and a time frame on their relationship. We get a jump from a forehead kiss to a When Harry Met Sally S&M tribute in the school cafeteria. I can believe in months or even weeks, but days is a bit of a stretch. If perhaps the episode tried to qualify it with progressive events that made a more logical connection between both episodes then I can live with it, but a sudden jump between two ends of a relationship spectrum almost makes me want to conclude that this entire thing was fetish fuel. .
I do agree. I think this would be much more clearer to a few of us if there was an iota of a mention of a date. Even the month we be great. I think the best we can assume is that there HAS been that much time between the episodes. I mean, Morishima actually got jealous earlier in the episode. And it seems at this point everyone in the school has come to accept that they have a relationship going on. Even the teacher noticed and Kaoru just didn't seem surprised which tells me that everyone knows, he just hasn't told anyone. They just thought the Larping was a bit odd. Like anyone would in real life.

Actually, after I had a day to piece my brain back together. I think I can defend this episode in a positive way. Christmas is right around the corner in this world, but, can anyone please tell us when this whole thing started? The only mention of time we ever got was in episode 1 when he said " Its been a week since I have seen her. I doubt it would go as smoothly. "
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:29   Link #791
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston , Texas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Speaking of creepy, what about Junichi's buddy flaunting a semi pornmag around the school cafeteria?
What do you expect? The main characters best buddy sidekick HAS to be a pervert! Otherwise the whole anime formula just falls flat on its face
/sarcasm

But yeah, that crossed my mind too. I think they just had to give him his mandatory cameo time.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:30   Link #792
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Wait how the hell is this show a "harem" in anyway, it's a damn omnibus which has zero to little room for harems because their not forced with amalgamating all the story lines. Heh shrug.
Oops, you noticed. We'll have to ask you to come back to this special room now. ....

yeah, the term really doesn't apply in this format. At the moment, I can't say I'm missing it here because anime writers screw up the 'amalgamated' format so often.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:45   Link #793
msg
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Actually, after I had a day to piece my brain back together. I think I can defend this episode in a positive way. Christmas is right around the corner in this world, but, can anyone please tell us when this whole thing started? The only mention of time we ever got was in episode 1 when he said " Its been a week since I have seen her. I doubt it would go as smoothly. "
Maya sensei did mention that its already half of november when she has given the task of organising christmas festival duties to tsukasa.So our hero here will have about one and the half month to get himself a girlfriend.

Thats not porn..it's an idol mag which is quite normal for high school boys to see over in japan.It's tame and not creepy but i'm not condoning it either.
__________________
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:46   Link #794
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ceridia
Age: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Spoiler:
__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, / I took the one less traveled by.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:52   Link #795
ueXia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 23
You guys think you've seen everything, ohhhhh shhhheeet prepare for some awesomesauce in the next routes.

*huh hu ..HUH HU.. AHAHAHAH .. coughcough*
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:52   Link #796
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Maya sensei did mention that its already half of november when she has given the task of organising christmas festival duties to tsukasa.So our hero here will have about one and the half month to get himself a girlfriend.

Thats not porn..it's an idol mag which is quite normal for high school boys to see over in japan.It's tame and not creepy but i'm not condoning it either.

Ah, Katahashi sensei?


Semiporn. It's pretty girls in skimpy outfits and suggestive poses *wipes nosebleed*
To parade it around girls is not a good idea.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:52   Link #797
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ceridia
Age: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
You guys think you've seen everything, ohhhhh shhhheeet prepare for some awesomesauce in the next routes.

*huh hu ..HUH HU.. AHAHAHAH .. coughcough*
Definitely look forward to it!
__________________

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, / I took the one less traveled by.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 23:56   Link #798
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Maya sensei did mention that its already half of november when she has given the task of organising christmas festival duties to tsukasa.So our hero here will have about one and the half month to get himself a girlfriend.

Thats not porn..it's an idol mag which is quite normal for high school boys to see over in japan.It's tame and not creepy but i'm not condoning it either.
In the US, you'd get dragged into the office for "sensitivity education" and disciplined for creating a "sexually hostile environment". Yay, welcome to the US, where puritanism never really died. A 'pretty girl' magazine isn't really something to bring to school, but its more a matter of being labeled "you never really wanted a date, did you?" or "not focusing on schoolwork, are we?" Its good to be a bit more discrete about it.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 00:00   Link #799
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston , Texas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In the US, you'd get dragged into the office for "sensitivity education" and disciplined for creating a "sexually hostile environment". Yay, welcome to the US, where puritanism never really died. A 'pretty girl' magazine isn't really something to bring to school, but its more a matter of being labeled "you never really wanted a date, did you?" or "not focusing on schoolwork, are we?" Its good to be a bit more discrete about it.
Well actually. Some teacher would take it , send you to the office and from there on it matters how cool your parents are. But, all the guys WOULD poke at you AND still look at the mag with you. In Japan I guess this is fine, But not in the US. Maybe " Behind-The-Knee Kissing " is normal in Japan??
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 00:37   Link #800
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Really liked Harukas reaction on the couch at the end of ep3
__________________
JPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.