AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-22, 11:42   Link #921
Berni
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Oh my gosh...
That's really ... I can't find the ideal word
Maybe GORGEOUS.
Old 2010-07-22, 11:48   Link #922
msg

Yes they do have official art/game book.By enterbrain Here.
will try searching for the girls BxWxH

I wish the anime could show more like haruka's classmates and admirers.I guess if they put more than 4 for each characters, they feared fans of the series will get bored.The way i see, each girls have enough materials to have their own shows or seasons.thats how big the content of the game is...
then there is the manga from various artists.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 12:05   Link #923
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I hope the entire Ai arc takes place at the swimming pool.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 12:18   Link #924
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I find Rihoko's slight porkishness around the waste rather appealing.
I don't see this "pork" you see speak of.... I'd say her so-called weight problems are mostly in her mind (rather like Hiro in Hidamari).

Girls who are well within a proper weight/size range are not well-served by actual overweight types who hijack terms (e.g. "some meat on their bones", an odd expression since it rarely actually refers to "meat").
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 13:02   Link #925
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't see this "pork" you see speak of.... I'd say her so-called weight problems are mostly in her mind (rather like Hiro in Hidamari).

Girls who are well within a proper weight/size range are not well-served by actual overweight types who hijack terms (e.g. "some meat on their bones", an odd expression since it rarely actually refers to "meat").
Bah, we're just joking around, lighten up. Besides, phrases such as "some meat on their bones" is meant to treat a girl like a food product to be "eaten". Yes, its a bit of a sexist joke ...........though I have to admit, Rihoko does look rather delicious. *dirty old man laugh*
Old 2010-07-22, 13:05   Link #926
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Last episode of Haruka Morishima's Whim and Puppy just aired.

Spoiler for ep4:

Overall, I'd say it was decent. There were some pacing issues, but that comes with being the first heroine and having to subsidize some minutes for initial introductions of other heroines first-hand in ep1 and 2.

Kaoru for next week. \o/

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 13:09   Link #927
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Kaoru for next week. \o/
Thus the painful week wait for sexy messy hair action begins.
Old 2010-07-22, 13:59   Link #928
taelrak

What exactly were those guys doing back in episode 1 when Haruka decided to jump on the guy's back?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 14:23   Link #929
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 4 of Amagami SS:
Old 2010-07-22, 15:21   Link #930
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4 of Amagami SS:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, Japan. Never change.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 15:47   Link #931
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

And just a side remark: If you ever began to wonder why Haruka gained the title of school idol... this episode delivers the curvacious eye candy to support the claim...

O_o
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:02   Link #932
Nosauz

Hopefully this was just a primer, a kind of ease in of the love stories because if all the love stories are a borefest like this I think I'll shoot my self or have a stroke. I mean it's not just that the romance/courting was obscenely wierd but also the fact that the two characters seem to have zero chemistry at all. Anyway Haruka was cute in her bathing suit and then the 10yr after shctick was just terrible...
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:09   Link #933
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And just a side remark: If you ever began to wonder why Haruka gained the title of school idol... this episode delivers the curvacious eye candy to support the claim...

O_o
Well the curve is one thing..but what made me wonder more was

Spoiler for O_o:
Old 2010-07-22, 16:26   Link #934
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Hopefully this was just a primer, a kind of ease in of the love stories because if all the love stories are a borefest like this I think I'll shoot my self or have a stroke.
I strongly suggest you move on, then. While some paths are bound to have some more drama (e.g. Ayatsuji), in general you can assume that most of the stories will have development arcs like this one. Which is perfectly fine with me.

Quote:
I mean it's not just that the romance/courting was obscenely wierd but also the fact that the two characters seem to have zero chemistry at all.
I'm afraid you didn't understand the story at all, then. Because in reality, both fit each other like a hand fits a glove. So if anything, this was one of the most natural matches I've seen in romance anime lately.
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:38   Link #935
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Sickening sweethearts, I tell you. This may not be a series that I can marathon in one go. It'd be like consuming half a dozen candy flosses Now moving on to Kaoru, finally!
Old 2010-07-22, 16:44   Link #936
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm afraid you didn't understand the story at all, then. Because in reality, both fit each other like a hand fits a glove. So if anything, this was one of the most natural matches I've seen in romance anime lately.
Oh come on the story is fairly simple, She's the airhead, and he's the desperately in love lovesick puppy, She's all aloof teasing him, and he does his best to get her to reciprocate, in the end it is absolutely a linear love story and yes they "technically" do fit but from the voice work it's never apparent that they are involved in anything more than puppy love. Nothing screams out soulmates especially in this "final" episode that gives any hint that this relationship could last a lifetime as implied by the timeskip. I mean there is suspension of disbelief but this anime at four episodes shows nothing more than puppy love, kind of like the first 40 minutes of God of Gambling.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:45   Link #937
Suzumura55
Banned

OMG! I'm gonna have to say about this episode
Suzumura55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:52   Link #938
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Oh come on the story is fairly simple, She's the airhead, and he's the desperately in love lovesick puppy, She's all aloof teasing him, and he does his best to get her to reciprocate, in the end it is absolutely a linear love story and yes they "technically" do fit but from the voice work it's never apparent that they are involved in anything more than puppy love. Nothing screams out soulmates especially in this "final" episode that gives any hint that this relationship could last a lifetime as implied by the timeskip. I mean there is suspension of disbelief but this anime at four episodes shows nothing more than puppy love, kind of like the first 40 minutes of God of Gambling.
Yeah, the show definitely pushed a puppy and a teasing airhead theme much more than the soulmates one so I can see where you are coming from.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:57   Link #939
pampz21
ripApart

there goes the first ending....can't believe it 5 more...!who would have thought they even put the 10 year later!

Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 17:15   Link #940
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
*scratches head*

I don't think you really get it nor that you are the type for romance anime. For once I have to agree with Mentar that the two of them fit each other pretty well so mostly I can't really follow your anger.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen