AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 21:17   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The switch was a bit weak. I think the important lesson is that the characters need to completely obliterate their opponents. At least until Inoue breaks this nasty habit of hers of healing the people that are trying to kill them!

Either way nice save at the end by Ishida. Suppose it is pretty fitting to have him come to the rescue this time.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:41   Link #22
sayde

This episode had me feeling very frustrated towards Ichigo. It's as if he completely forgot the lesson he learned during his battle against Dordonii. I could've looked over it had he put on the mask and still failed, but he didn't even attempt it -- which doesn't make sense considering how badly he wanted to save and protect her.

Anyways, just a couple highlights:

-animation still seems to be solid
-Ichigo learned a new technique! (well sort of)

Btw, can the omake be canon? lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:45   Link #23
saravis

I am really getting sick of the filler in this series. If it isn't throwing in meaningless scenes, its altering meaningful ones. I don't know how KT can be OK with them doing that, maybe he just doesn't care. Other than that, its nice that they're finally getting back on track, maybe ep after next things will really start cooking for Ulq vs Ichi
Old 2010-04-27, 22:27   Link #24
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
an orihime strip tease? BRING IT ON!!1
lol, I'd rather it be those 2 arrancar chicks. According to the post episode, Loli is still alive.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:30   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
lol, I'd rather it be those 2 arrancar chicks. According to the post episode, Loli is still alive.
Apparently Ishida had the free time to save her .
Old 2010-04-27, 22:36   Link #26
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Apparently Ishida had the free time to save her .
lol, well it is a cute & helpless girl.
Randumo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:10   Link #27
Frailty
Casual
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
well in the preview we see Ulquiorra above the dome
that means he'll be releasing next week

sweet

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:24   Link #28
Mr. E

I may be alone on this, but I don't mind the filler scenes at all. After having read the manga it is interesting to see the scenes added to and altered. And as I said before, if filler within canon keeps full-fledged fillers away then god bless them! I too am excited about the possibility off seeing some of the fights that occurred off-screen in the manga animated.

As for the episode, I thought it was solid. Things are still building up, and the Rukia/Rudabone fight is booooooring, but other than that I have no complaints. Bring on next week!
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:45   Link #29
Jerseykid

Ichigo not bringing out the mask when Inoue is about to be killed just doesn't even fit his character. The real Ichigo would never allow it to happen, only the "help me I am being controled by sad writers who want to drag these scenes out to make more episodes" Ichigo would do that.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:12   Link #30
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
For every time Orihime did her signature "Kurosaki-kun!", Ichigo countered with an "Inoue!" If there wasn't such an intense fight and two Espada standing in their way, I would swear that they were in some sort of mutual relationship...Now, I'm not trying to sail any ships here, but that's the sort of call-and-response you'll only find in such context...

But really? It's all a distraction; Orihime has too big of hatebase, so I think someone's conspiring to try to divert some of that onto Ichigo...Though at the same time, I think Ichigo's just as distracted himself...

Ichigo: "I'm not ADD, I'm just...Oh, look, Inoue!"

Well, it's a good thing Uryuu had to make his appearance all cool and flashy...I mean, it may be another distraction on the battlefield, but with one more character in play, maybe we'll get some new lines...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:25   Link #31
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
This episode had me feeling very frustrated towards Ichigo. It's as if he completely forgot the lesson he learned during his battle against Dordonii. I could've looked over it had he put on the mask and still failed, but he didn't even attempt it -- which doesn't make sense considering how badly he wanted to save and protect her.

Anyways, just a couple highlights:

-animation still seems to be solid

-Ichigo learned a new technique! (well sort of)

Btw, can the omake be canon? lol
You mean animation just BECAME solid, it was total ass up until this episode -_-

The filler episodes were better animated.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:27   Link #32
astrallionheart

Ishida yet again comes in to be Inoue's hero.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:43   Link #33
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Eeehhh... I expected for animators to add filler moments and all... but why the hell have they so dramaticly changed the whole Lolly/Menoly moment?! 0_0

The whole scene was completly turned over! Both of them were suppoused to be two nasty creeps but here one of them is all kind and scared from the begining and second one also decides to switch sides later on? 0_o

What was the purpose for that?

Not that it looked horrible... but still it is damn confusing.... Not that this scene had some dramatic meaning but I wonder what else they plan to change later on...

The best part of the episode was the filler scene where Ichigo tries to pass Ulquiorra who ceros him in the side.
menoli was shown to be scared and reluctant to keep going after orihime in the manga too. the filler just made it more obvious.
loli didn't switch sides in either medium. it was all more arrancar infighting. sure they added in an angry "i owe you one," but it was immediately followed by her original lines of yammy hate. they even made sure to demonstrate that she is still a bitch by having her emphasize that she still hates orihime.

kinda interesting how these added bits seem to drive home the idea that orihime healing them earlier was a good thing despite them being evil bitches.
*cough* last episode thread *cough*

the jump to rukia, chad and renji seemed pointless though. just extra cut aways and filler hollows. was short at least.
almost exactly 2 chapters again.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:45   Link #34
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

The episode was decent...but for some reason, I think they were messing up on Orihime's facial reactions...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 00:55   Link #35
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
I may be alone on this, but I don't mind the filler scenes at all. After having read the manga it is interesting to see the scenes added to and altered. And as I said before, if filler within canon keeps full-fledged fillers away then god bless them! I too am excited about the possibility off seeing some of the fights that occurred off-screen in the manga animated.

As for the episode, I thought it was solid. Things are still building up, and the Rukia/Rudabone fight is booooooring, but other than that I have no complaints. Bring on next week!
so true. the manga can skip over some offscreen fights that would/should be interesting.

how involved with the anime is kubo? it would be nice, if he was very involved, to use it as a way to flesh out the parts that were left kinda empty in the manga.

-1 for rukia's fight, too - the least interesting fight so far

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 01:28   Link #36
waterchan

At least now we know how Loli was saved. I KNEW Ishida was the one who saved her! He was in the neighborhood anyway, and he couldn't have missed her falling down as he was looking for a way to get up that tower.
waterchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 01:38   Link #37
kamyu

nah, she is dead. that was just put in for fun.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:49   Link #38
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

dead or not, if anybody survives to the end of this arc, i can't see loly being invited to orihime's next birthday do.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 02:06   Link #39
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Ichigo not bringing out the mask when Inoue is about to be killed just doesn't even fit his character. The real Ichigo would never allow it to happen, only the "help me I am being controled by sad writers who want to drag these scenes out to make more episodes" Ichigo would do that.
except that 'real Ichigo' does not exist in the manga version either

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
You mean animation just BECAME solid, it was total ass up until this episode -_-

The filler episodes were better animated.
Yes because ONE episode is enough to make such a claim..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
nah, she is dead. that was just put in for fun.
Nope, its canon. Kubo did make that afterchapter sketch about her getting pinned to the wall by an arrow and all..
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 02:14   Link #40
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by medigo View Post
except that 'real Ichigo' does not exist in the manga version either
you know what he meant.
in defense of ichigo, the original sequence was much faster. like he didn't really have much time to even try using his mask.

Quote:
Nope, its canon. Kubo did make that afterchapter sketch about her getting pinned to the wall by an arrow and all..
oh? was it in the volume release or something?
or more importantly, was she actually shown to be alive or just hanging limp?

edit:
found what you were talking about, but not sure what the caption says.
Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by kamyu; 2010-04-28 at 02:32.
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote