AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-06, 10:53   Link #281
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Priscila allowed Dauf to damage her in comparison to others.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 11:26   Link #282
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Priscila allowed Dauf to damage her in comparison to others.
Not to mention he has the bad ass Voltron arms.
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 11:26   Link #283
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheky View Post
Would you guys say it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the principal characters would end up in the mainland war?

I seem to recall reading that Yagi planned around 26 vol for the manga and we're not even close to that and characters are dying left and right...
No.

That's not the way the story has been progressing, nor do the characters have any motivation for getting involved in such a war. I think the closest we'll ever get to the mainland is Rubul; I doubt we'll even see one of these supposed dragon-monster-things.

The story is shaping up nicely to have a final climax between Clare, Prissy, and the Org. at right around the volume 26 mark. That's only about 4-5 arcs away if Yagi stays pace of the first half of the manga. Fewer if the Destroyer arc is a sign of things to come. And, remember, Raki's resolution has to fit in there somewhere as well.

The mainland thing is almost a red herring. It provides some background detail and motivation for Rubul's and the Org.'s actions. That's it. If we do see substantial involvement in the mainland, I will take it as a sign that Yagi's decided not to stick to his goal of 150 chapters.
Aimless is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 11:46   Link #284
Savannah
I poked my eyes...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Hmm. It might indeed mean that Yagi changed the supposed length of Claymore.

What interests me more right now though, is, what kind of reaction will Island Claymores show to the Mainland Claymores? And the other way around?
I mean, Miria told us that the Organization's faction uses Claymores by having them turn into ABs in the war.
Now, that would imply, that unlike Clare & Co., those guys have no wish to die as humans, or don't even see themselves to be human / part human.
How would the relationships unfold?

What do you guys think?
__________________
Blaa Blaa Goes Laa Dee Dah

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Savannah is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 12:24   Link #285
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Priscila allowed Dauf to damage her in comparison to others.
Not really. Priscilla didn't want to have half of her face squished. She tried to stop Duff's rod and didn't see his fist coming. Also she was (and is) in her awakened form, compared to her human form when she was fighting abyssals.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 12:49   Link #286
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Not really. Priscilla didn't want to have half of her face squished. She tried to stop Duff's rod and didn't see his fist coming. Also she was (and is) in her awakened form, compared to her human form when she was fighting abyssals.
Yes I was quite impressed that Destroyer Dauf manage 2 do the amount of damage that he did. So it seems that the rods do mange 2 give the infected a power boost.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 12:55   Link #287
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
But somehow awakened Beth with such power boost was no match for Priscilla in human form. That's strange to say the least.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 12:58   Link #288
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
But the problem is, Duff managed to do more damage to Priscilla than Riful, Alicia and Beth combined which contradicts with your "Priscilla is at least as strong as 3 abyssals" (because it would mean that pumped up #2 was stronger than 3 abyssals also). Furthermore, just because Priscilla defeated Alicia and Beth fighting simultaneously with her it doesn't necessarily mean she was 2x or more stronger than them. If on a street someone defeats two punks that just means he can defeat two such punks, not that he can lift two times more than them or is faster 2 times (he could be defeated by other punks of the same strength but with better technique for example). And let's not forget that Riful was already half-dead when Priscilla found her, Beth and Alicia weren't in top shape either (because they've had mental problems). So if anything, Priscilla is at least 2x abyssal also.
Priscilla had quite a bit of a problem with Duff that was upgraded with 2 hellcats (or 3 or sth), Destroyer should be much more powerful. All in all she defeated him in seconds but an army of such Duffs could pose a threat to her.
1) We know for a long time that their is a difference between what looks like damage and what is actual damage; Riful got her head sliced by Claire and didn't feel a thing, but she got bit by the AE's and it was the worst she ever got. Isley looked like he was hurt by Helen, but all it really was were salt on an open wounds(wounds inflicted by the AEs). so what? We've known for ages that durability is the same for all, so why do you say that Priscilla was damaged to begin with? How do we know that for certain? Priscilla has gotten stabbed and stepped on before by an Abyssal and came out of it just fine. Just because damage looks painful, doesn't mean it is, and remember, she's holding back almost all of her power, all of the time.

2) You seem to be underestimating Dauf's strength, or rather, how we think how much strength we have. To begin with, we know next to nothing about what the Rods to a person; whether or not their is a exponential growth and they regain and release all their potential strength, etc etc. We just don't know what it is they do to a person and how they supposedly get stronger by XX degree.

We know that Dauf was still weak enough that Priscilla was able to beat him and, more importantly, able to pierce his arm in her human form because the arm-blades were completely ivory like the rest of her human form, unlike the shading we see when she's in her awakened form when she used the same exact attack against Isley. She then gets annoyed, goes "enough is enough", and transforms. That said, I can't help but feel we would have heard something if Dauf really was in a Abyssal+ region, because we had talky spectators watching. Do I believe Dauf reached the level of an Abyssal when he became infected? Yes, their is a very good chance of that. Was he as strong as Raciella or Priscilla? No, because we would have definitely heard something, and more importantly, he wouldn't have lost so rapidly and pitifully. I'm sure she didn't want to get half her body smashed like that...but who really cares? She can just regenerate her body in an instant, and she seemed to show no real sign she was ever in any real danger; she spends the entire chapter reminising for crying out loud, not seriously fighting. If that's not the sign she was dealing with an annoyance then a real threat, I don't know what is. To put it simply, we can't take what we see at face value, especially with Abyssals, much less beings as strong as her.

3) You seem to be making the wrong presumptions about where I got my 3-4xAO measurement for Priscilla. I didn't get it just because she killed Alicia and Beth who happen to both be AO - that doesn't even make any sense. I got that from my constant back and forth arguing in the Teresa Vs Priscilla thread and our attempts to measure her strength. To try to remember, transfer over, and summerize, we know that it would have taken 2 Abyssal Ones to even have a chance of beating her as per Riful's words, and we know that it's not even enough then, so yes, she's at least 2xAO. Coupled with her exponential growth, and the IDEA(because if I say the word fact, you and Cyclone are gonna jump ) that Priscilla would match or surpass Teresa someday, is where Ryus and I started saying she was Hyper Abyssal - that she was indeed over 2xAO and was at least 3xAO.

I think the Chapter 98 thread is where we really started going at it, I have to find them again .

4) As for Raciella, we know that as a fusion of Rafaela, who had as much potential as her sister, and Luciella, an Abyssal One in the same league as Riful(who is slightly below Isley), that Raciella would be at least 2xAO. Again, I say she is at least; Riful said she was continuing to get stronger and stronger, so who knows who strong she really is. What we, or I since I'm going by my own opinion perceptions and beliefs on this, is that Raciella is at least 2xAO and Priscilla is at least 3xAO.

Thus, coupled with merely this knowledge, is why people keep saying that Priscilla can top Raciella. Is this 100% true? No, because we don't know how strong for certain either of them are, we're just going by what the bare minumum tells us, and that minimum says that Priscilla still holds the advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral
But somehow awakened Beth with such power boost was no match for Priscilla in human form. That's strange to say the least.
Again, I say that we don't know exactly what the Rods do to a person. Who is stronger, Infected Beth or Infected Dauf? we don't know.

Perhaps the Rods really do have an exponential growth, and Beth had already reached her potential wheras Dauf still had some inside him. Perhaps if he was a Claymore longer, he could have grown arm-cannons of his own freely.

Again, we can't take what we see at face value. What we do know though, is that they were both definitely in the range of Abyssals(Beth more then Dauf, who was already an Abyssal), and that both of them died very quick deaths - and since neither of them were at least 2xAO like Raciella in all likellihood, both of them were probably ordinary Abyssal Ones.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-05-06 at 13:10.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:10   Link #289
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

It is just safe 2 say that priscilla is at the strength of 3AOs, as for Raciela when she awakend she at about 2AOs in strength. She was growing in power every passing monent so Raciela and Priscilla could be equal in strength by now.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:12   Link #290
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
It is just safe 2 say that priscilla is at the strength of 3AOs, as for Raciela when she awakend she at about 2AOs in strength and she was growing in power every passing monent so Raciela and Priscilla could be equal in strength by now.
I'll say again, we don't know that for sure; What if Raciella stopped gaining power?

We only know that those two are at those levels at least; Priscilla can be at 10xAO or for all we know, and Raciella can be at 3xAO or growing to be a million x AO .
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:15   Link #291
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I'll say again, we don't know that for sure; What if Raciella stopped gaining power?

We only know that those two are at those levels at least; Priscilla can be at 10xAO or for all we know, and Raciella can be at 3xAO or growing to be a million x AO .
10xAO?? I doubt that. That would be Aizen level. Anyway until stated otherwise Raciela is still growing in power.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:24   Link #292
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
10xAO?? I doubt that. That would be Aizen level. Anyway until stated otherwise Raciela is still growing in power.
I had to make some sort of example

Agreed, she is still rising in power until further notice
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:37   Link #293
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

I wonder what other abilities the Destroyer has other than lashing tenticals and shooting out Rods. Also if Priscilla gets hit with a big rod I wonder if she could be taken over. We all know that the small rods don't work but wha about the biggins.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:51   Link #294
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
@Shiek927
1) That doesn't change the fact he did more damage to Priscilla than Alicia, Beth and Riful combined. Some damage is more than no damage, no matter how you look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
(...)and remember, she's holding back almost all of her power, all of the time.
What? She was holding her power when she was in her human form, now she's quite serious. She had wings and other super powers and abilities but still was hit by Duff. Now that's lame of her.

2) Beth was also infected by a rod but couldn't do a thing to Priscilla in human form. So abyssal + rod was weaker (judging by inflicted damage) than Duff + 2 rods.

As for Priscilla being in human form, it looked to me she was in the middle of awakening. Anyway, she used her awakened powers, just like Riful did when she saved Duff in Witches maw arc. That's still more than what she did when fighting Beth. As for no one commenting on Duff being super powerful, Helen thought that way and Deneve was smart enough to notice that Priscilla was on another level. So even if Duff was on abyssal level it wouldn't mean much anyway. And Priscilla wasn't holding back, that's why she AWAKENED. Still she didn't instantly defeat Duff like she did with Alicia for example but had to struggle a bit. She was more serious than fighting Alicia, Beth and Riful and that was my point.

3) Every claymore grows in strength exponentially once he awakens so I don't see the point of bringing that argument up. And someone as strong as 2xAO in one person would definitely beat two AOs because he would be that much stronger and faster. Riful did not say that Priscilla was as strong as 2 abyssals but that it would take 2 abyssals to defeat her. Someone 50% stronger and faster than Isley would defeat him easily too, he wouldn't have to be two times stronger to trash him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
(...)
Perhaps the Rods really do have an exponential growth, and Beth had already reached her potential wheras Dauf still had some inside him. Perhaps if he was a Claymore longer, he could have grown arm-cannons of his own freely.
That's just forceful explanation and I don't see how that's possible. Rods feed on the energy of their victims and if anything Duff should have much less youki than Beth. Yet he seemed much stronger than Beth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
(....)Again, we can't take what we see at face value. What we do know though, is that they were both definitely in the range of Abyssals(Beth more then Dauf, who was already an Abyssal), and that both of them died very quick deaths - and since neither of them were at least 2xAO like Raciella in all likellihood, both of them were probably ordinary Abyssal Ones.
Yes, they died quickly but while Priscilla had no problems with fighting Beth and Alicia simultaneously she had problems with one Duff and had to awaken ("had" might not be a right word but it would take more effort for her to fight him unawakened).

If she was holding back why would she even awaken? Why did she even bother with Duff and not ignore him and go after Deneve and co.? She was getting rid of powerful ABs but in case of Duff had to sweat a little more.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 14:04   Link #295
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
(...) Also if Priscilla gets hit with a big rod I wonder if she could be taken over. We all know that the small rods don't work but wha about the biggins.
I thought about that too FormerAbyssalone but it's of course impossible. Once sth like that happened only Teresa could save the world .
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 14:10   Link #296
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Don't Forget Dauf was his generations #3 so he was that far from #1. So Dauf is pretty strong in his own right. The rods more than likely are as strong as their source so, that would mean Dauf had his normal #3 rank strength + Raciela strength so thats probly why he was able 2 do more damage.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 14:13   Link #297
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
When was he named as number 3?
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 14:16   Link #298
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Don't Forget Dauf was his generations #3 so he was that far from #1. So Dauf is pretty strong in his own right. The rods more than likely are as strong as their source so, that would mean Dauf had his normal #3 rank strength + Raciela strength so thats probly why he was able 2 do more damage.
From #3 to #1 is a huuuge gap. And all hellcats seem to be of similar strength (above average AB but not in single digits yet). But who knows, maybe his powerup was that much bigger (actually I don't see any other explanation because Priscilla wasn't getting much weaker, once she awakened she was definitely using more power than in her human form).

@kitten320
Volume 11 p. 148
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 14:19   Link #299
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
When was he named as number 3?
Dauf was the male generations #3 surpassed only by Rigaldo and Isely.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-05-06, 14:21   Link #300
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Ah ok, thanks. Will check it.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.