AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-28, 23:37   Link #41
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
The thing is, I really don't get why Prissy is holding every thing back, then again, it is just like her. Especially, her awakened self is very much used to playing it as if she intended to slow things down deliberately.
Ryuken is offline  
Old 2010-04-28, 23:45   Link #42
Weils
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Hope this works. Not full translation and points of information.

Spoiler for summary spoilers:
__________________

The Usual Suspects
Weils is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 00:13   Link #43
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
A good enough summary that I used it in the opening post. Thanks.
__________________
Solace is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 05:17   Link #44
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I don't think any potential rods from Raki's arms will serve as a cure, but rather a way of extending the Destroyer's life span. I sort of believe once this arc is over both Pris will die and the Destroyer's main body will be gone. However, like any annoying villain, they can always come back thanks to some annoying technicality. In this potential case, Raki's arm spreading the infection inside the org.

Oh well, it is not like I have ever gotten anything right with claymore. I mean...cat-hands...cat-hands.

edit: Thanks for the translation Weils!
I agree about the destroyer's main body dying but Priscilla seems like she is someone that will live to the last few chapters. When she was first reintroduced and appeared as a small child everyone (including myself)thought yagi was intending for her redemption.

But the last few chapters have shown she is still the end boss (don't get me wrong the ultimate villain is the org as a whole but she is the strongest monster that needs to be defeated especially by Clare) so we still have awhile yet before she is gone.

Even if the final 4 forces are ghosts vs org vs priscilla vs destroyer raki or some combination like that Priscilla will be the last villain standing.
evil_kenshin is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 06:41   Link #45
validuser
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 23
The spoilers seem promising at this point.....! cant wait !
Does anyone know when is this chapter's official release date ? When is this comin out?
__________________
validuser is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 06:45   Link #46
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Hope this works. Not full translation and points of information.

Spoiler for summary spoilers:
It still seems really short for a chapter

Well, atleast it gives a good set up for next chapter where definetly a lot of good things will happen.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 06:59   Link #47
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by validuser View Post
The spoilers seem promising at this point.....! cant wait !
Does anyone know when is this chapter's official release date ? When is this comin out?
Technically its out but for what you mean it should be accessible in a few days (so no more than 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It still seems really short for a chapter

Well, atleast it gives a good set up for next chapter where definetly a lot of good things will happen.
Next chapter its more than likely the main body of the destroyer will attack Priscilla in revenge (Helen and Deneve carrying Clare are heading to the main body) for destroying its tentacles. Deneve already caused the destroyer to want to kill Priscilla but the main body is not in reach yet but next chapter it will be.
evil_kenshin is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 07:38   Link #48
Cyclone
Transient Guest
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by validuser View Post
The spoilers seem promising at this point.....! cant wait !
Does anyone know when is this chapter's official release date ? When is this comin out?
The official date has not been announced of course, but we can guesstimate...
Chapter 103 will most likely be in volume 19.

Volume 14: Mar 3 /2009
Volume 15: Nov 3 /2009
Volume 16: Jun 1 /2010

So, if we assume about 7 months between releases, that'll put everything at around:
Volume 17: Jan / 2011
Volume 18: Aug /2011

So the official release of chapter 103 will be in about March 2012 - give or take a few months.
Just wait patiently.
Cyclone is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 07:49   Link #49
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Damn! thats a long time before a official release. Why do they wait so long 2 release the mangas for?

Anyway, I have a feeling that Priscilla will be defeated in the next 2-3 chapters. Destroyer Dauf seem 2 do some damage 2 Priscilla, before he was completly annialated. Im tellin ya the Destoyer will be the one 2 finish off Priscilla.

Last edited by FormerAbyssalone; 2010-04-29 at 08:19.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 08:31   Link #50
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Clare will be in huge depression then.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 08:33   Link #51
[thousandmaster]
Killimanjaro Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Damn! thats a long time before a official release. Why do they wait so long 2 release the mangas for?

Anyway, I have a feeling that Priscilla will be defeated in the next 2-3 chapters. Destroyer Dauf seem 2 do some damage 2 Priscilla, before he was completly annialated. Im tellin ya the Destoyer will be the one 2 finish off Priscilla.
Dude, this is Priscilla your talking about. The Destroyer can only intervene but cannot kill her. Maybe the Destroyer can only wear her down before it is killed; then finally Claire will finish Priscilla off.
[thousandmaster] is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 08:34   Link #52
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Clare will be in huge depression then.
Why is that, thats what Clare wants right? A dead Priscilla.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 08:43   Link #53
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
But she wants to kill her with her own arms.

Besides I really doubt that Clare's purpose of life will die that early... Destroyer might mess her up, but I don't see Priscila dying any time soon.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 09:00   Link #54
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Well since someone already posted spoilers I won't bother lol. If destroyer dauf didn't attack her, she wouldn't have regained her memories and then clare would've been safe. Well I can see a battle royale in the future between priscilla, the destroyer, and helen, clare, and deneve. And when is miria gonna show up?!?!
________
SUZUKI MIGHTYBOY SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:14.
Rennir is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:00   Link #55
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
*laughs at how unbelievably hard is just to create an approved summary

I have to agree...the cat-arms are easily the most bizarre thing I've seen in the story without
a doubt. They look more like cannons; I imagined these huge mega-blasts would burst from them XDXD.

Short chapter, most of it was indeed just fighting...but it was cool fighting nonetheless. Dauf's strength is so hard to believe, I can't help feeling it's really pushing it....think about it; in her fight with Isley, the worst he ever did to her was pierce right through her with his spear. Here, half of her is eaten away in her awakened form.

What's the implication then? that Dauf's strength surpasses the strongest Abyssal?

We still don't know exactly what the Rods do to a person; I remember saying once that maybe it does a Priscilla-style exponential growth and bring out a person's entire potential, which would explain the exaggerated increase. An Awakened is stuck with what they have when they awaken, but it does open doors to see what they would be like if they trained more as a warrior before awakening.

It doesn't matter because this is just speculation for now, so as is, seeing Dauf THIS powerful is just....0_0.

I guess it doesn't matter: like we all predicted, bringing him back was just another one-shot deal. Now that she remembers Teresa, I believe Priscilla has truly returned to the malevolent being she was when she first killed her. She even has that same smile as before. Now that she is seemingly discarding ALL memories except the one involving Teresa's death....Raki....Isley.....her family... she is discarding them all. I think it's nigh-impossible at this point that her persona will ever change back, she is fully transforming inside and out.

She doesn't seem to nevertheless be aware of who Claire is; that she as the same girl as before. She seems to think that Claire is Teresa(anime-esque? 0_o). I get the feeling she won't continue thinking that, and she'll figure it out the next time they meet, but we'll see.

So what will happen now? They are heading towards Raciella, which means whatever happens will no doubt involve her.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:25   Link #56
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
With the statement from Priscilla that she gets to kill it again, I am starting to wonder if she means the memory and not so much Teresa. She followed Claire's scent just to rediscover her memories, but now she no longer wants them. All that is left is the reminiscent smell off of Claire to get rid of.

That also opens up another question. I always assumed that she regressed because she could not face the trauma, but now it seems she did so out of convenience and her transformation. (self-dehumanization? lol)

How to best state it...
Awakened beings discard their humanity, but not their human memories. Isley is a great example. However, Priscilla is taking a step further by discarding her human memories as well. Other than yoki or the transformation, there seems to be a clear delineation between Isley (who keeps his memory), Priscilla (who wants them gone), and the Destroyer(who has none?).

I wonder what this will do to her power/shape as in will Priscilla take on a more chaotic form? At the moment her body seems compacted and orderly.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:28   Link #57
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Awakened beings discard their humanity,
I think we have been shown by now that they don't truly sacrifice all their humanity

Ophelia allowed Clare to kill her rather than be the very thing that killed her brother (and even then as an awakened being she still cared about her brother)

Isley cared for Raki and Priscilla as a family

Riful and Duaf truly loved each other

Beth cried for her dead sister

Lucelia cried in joy at seeing her sister for the first time in ages

Hilda allowed Miria's group to kill her

So while mostly not there its possible for their humanity to resurface.
evil_kenshin is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:30   Link #58
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
That is sort of what I meant, they sacrificed their physical human (to a degree), but they retained their memories and personalities. Priscilla is going the extra mile.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:33   Link #59
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I hope Clarice rips Priscilla's head off
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 10:34   Link #60
necrosis6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
*laughs at how unbelievably hard is just to create an approved summary

I have to agree...the cat-arms are easily the most bizarre thing I've seen in the story without
a doubt. They look more like cannons; I imagined these huge mega-blasts would burst from them XDXD.

Short chapter, most of it was indeed just fighting...but it was cool fighting nonetheless. Dauf's strength is so hard to believe, I can't help feeling it's really pushing it....think about it; in her fight with Isley, the worst he ever did to her was pierce right through her with his spear. Here, half of her is eaten away in her awakened form.

What's the implication then? that Dauf's strength surpasses the strongest Abyssal?

We still don't know exactly what the Rods do to a person; I remember saying once that maybe it does a Priscilla-style exponential growth and bring out a person's entire potential, which would explain the exaggerated increase. An Awakened is stuck with what they have when they awaken, but it does open doors to see what they would be like if they trained more as a warrior before awakening.

It doesn't matter because this is just speculation for now, so as is, seeing Dauf THIS powerful is just....0_0.

I guess it doesn't matter: like we all predicted, bringing him back was just another one-shot deal. Now that she remembers Teresa, I believe Priscilla has truly returned to the malevolent being she was when she first killed her. She even has that same smile as before. Now that she is seemingly discarding ALL memories except the one involving Teresa's death....Raki....Isley.....her family... she is discarding them all. I think it's nigh-impossible at this point that her persona will ever change back, she is fully transforming inside and out.

She doesn't seem to nevertheless be aware of who Claire is; that she as the same girl as before. She seems to think that Claire is Teresa(anime-esque? 0_o). I get the feeling she won't continue thinking that, and she'll figure it out the next time they meet, but we'll see.

So what will happen now? They are heading towards Raciella, which means whatever happens will no doubt involve her.
The way I interpreted that scene was that Priscilla was purposely letting herself get hit because it was helping her remember when she fought Teresa and got defeated.
necrosis6 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.