AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-29, 10:34   Link #61
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I hope Clarice rips Priscilla's head off
That failure? Cid has a better chance
evil_kenshin is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 11:18   Link #62
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
That is sort of what I meant, they sacrificed their physical human (to a degree), but they retained their memories and personalities. Priscilla is going the extra mile.
While I really don't want to get into this particular discussion for the nth time(and get into ANOTHER arguement with Irvine about it ), I should point out that her Awakened persona is dominant right now; she's split, and it makes sense that the stronger malevolent persona would wanna stay for good this time - discarding all memories of everything and anything that might trigger a reaction and make her "regress" back into her humanity.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 13:25   Link #63
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Like I said Priscilla is truley evil. Doesnt matter if she has any shed of humanity left. She is pure evil incarnate. She needs 2 die, die I tell ya.
Muahahahahahahaha


Spoiler for Off-topic? not really....much;):
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 14:44   Link #64
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Like I said Priscilla is truley evil. Doesnt matter if she has any shed of humanity left. She is pure evil incarnate. She needs 2 die, die I tell ya.
Muahahahahahahaha


Spoiler for The Destroyers Stats:
Spoiler for The Destroyers Stats:


Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis6 View Post
The way I interpreted that scene was that Priscilla was purposely letting herself get hit because it was helping her remember when she fought Teresa and got defeated.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
With the statement from Priscilla that she gets to kill it again, I am starting to wonder if she means the memory and not so much Teresa. She followed Claire's scent just to rediscover her memories, but now she no longer wants them. All that is left is the reminiscent smell off of Claire to get rid of.

That also opens up another question. I always assumed that she regressed because she could not face the trauma, but now it seems she did so out of convenience and her transformation. (self-dehumanization? lol)

How to best state it...
Awakened beings discard their humanity, but not their human memories. Isley is a great example. However, Priscilla is taking a step further by discarding her human memories as well. Other than yoki or the transformation, there seems to be a clear delineation between Isley (who keeps his memory), Priscilla (who wants them gone), and the Destroyer(who has none?).

I wonder what this will do to her power/shape as in will Priscilla take on a more chaotic form? At the moment her body seems compacted and orderly.
Nice thought... in this case I would normally agree with EvilK & Shiek but the way the English translation of the Chinese scan was worded, you could be right with Priscilla.

Will wait for a more clear translation before speculating here. We've had Chinese scans that due to being translated twice have caused some wonky theories before... however not saying your not right about this either for Priscilla's unique case, which we always knew she was. The end of last chapter did call her "the most evil awakened one", pretty big title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
*laughs at how unbelievably hard is just to create an approved summary

I have to agree...the cat-arms are easily the most bizarre thing I've seen in the story without
a doubt. They look more like cannons; I imagined these huge mega-blasts would burst from them XDXD.

Short chapter, most of it was indeed just fighting...but it was cool fighting nonetheless. Dauf's strength is so hard to believe, I can't help feeling it's really pushing it....think about it; in her fight with Isley, the worst he ever did to her was pierce right through her with his spear. Here, half of her is eaten away in her awakened form.

What's the implication then? that Dauf's strength surpasses the strongest Abyssal?

We still don't know exactly what the Rods do to a person; I remember saying once that maybe it does a Priscilla-style exponential growth and bring out a person's entire potential, which would explain the exaggerated increase. An Awakened is stuck with what they have when they awaken, but it does open doors to see what they would be like if they trained more as a warrior before awakening.

It doesn't matter because this is just speculation for now, so as is, seeing Dauf THIS powerful is just....0_0.

I guess it doesn't matter: like we all predicted, bringing him back was just another one-shot deal. Now that she remembers Teresa, I believe Priscilla has truly returned to the malevolent being she was when she first killed her. She even has that same smile as before. Now that she is seemingly discarding ALL memories except the one involving Teresa's death....Raki....Isley.....her family... she is discarding them all. I think it's nigh-impossible at this point that her persona will ever change back, she is fully transforming inside and out.

She doesn't seem to nevertheless be aware of who Claire is; that she as the same girl as before. She seems to think that Claire is Teresa(anime-esque? 0_o). I get the feeling she won't continue thinking that, and she'll figure it out the next time they meet, but we'll see.

So what will happen now? They are heading towards Raciella, which means whatever happens will no doubt involve her.
After looking at this chapter I pretty much believe the rods add to ones power, if not multiply. Since Dauf didn't actually regenerate this chapter but moved the rods to his recently severed arms. So it was Dauf plus three hellcats vs Priscilla who was caught off guard (plus distracted and using the beating to recall her past). Dauf gave it everything he had to Priscilla whom for a bit let Dauf beat her up but it clearly was still not even close to enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
While I really don't want to get into this particular discussion for the nth time(and get into ANOTHER arguement with Irvine about it ), I should point out that her Awakened persona is dominant right now; she's split, and it makes sense that the stronger malevolent persona would wanna stay for good this time - discarding all memories of everything and anything that might trigger a reaction and make her "regress" back into her humanity.
Could be right here... we don't know if we will or won't see the more human side of her again. Time will tell. Waiting for more clear translation.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 14:51   Link #65
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis6 View Post
The way I interpreted that scene was that Priscilla was purposely letting herself get hit because it was helping her remember when she fought Teresa and got defeated.
I guess she was remembering how Teresa was kicking shit out of her
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:00   Link #66
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galatea sous la douche
It would be great if Yuma could rip priscilla's head off
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
theevilanimal is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:07   Link #67
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Dauf looks good in his new AB form.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:08   Link #68
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I doubt Priscilla was letting herself get beat up to remember the beating Teresa gave her, because that would imply that she remembers Teresa herself and exactly what had happened back then. However, the fact of the matter is that she doesn't remember and she's trying to find out her past, what happened before her awakening. If she wanted to remember how Teresa beat her, that means she does remember what happens, which doesn't make sense to me.
Tsuyoshi is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:17   Link #69
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
No one said that she was remembering only Teresa. She was remembering whole thing but mostly concentrating on Teresa's scent which felt very familiar for her. It is obviouse that you would try to remember a certain thing which triggers something inside you.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:17   Link #70
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I doubt Priscilla was letting herself get beat up to remember the beating Teresa gave her, because that would imply that she remembers Teresa herself and exactly what had happened back then. However, the fact of the matter is that she doesn't remember and she's trying to find out her past, what happened before her awakening. If she wanted to remember how Teresa beat her, that means she does remember what happens, which doesn't make sense to me.
Priscilla is trying to regain her memories, but not specifically the part of her memories about Teresa. Now, while it is true that the particular memory is when she gets beaten by Teresa at the time, she herself wasn't aware of this. It's like this: Priscilla senses that by getting attacked by Dauf, images or something appear inside of her head about her past. So she continues to let Dauf attack her in order to remember exactly what those memories were. When she finally did, she realized they were about Teresa. It's just common sense really. For example, if a person lost their memory but found out by hurting themselves they would remember parts of their memory, they would continue to hurt themselves in order to remember everything.
________
Motorcycle Tires

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:15.
Rennir is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:26   Link #71
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
That memory also seems to be important for Priscila even if not the most pleasent way... Teresa probably was the first one to scare her so much that she doesn't even wish to fully remember that day and her. All she remebers is that she had killed her...

Somehow I have a feeling that the moment she will fully remember it, she will get scared... atleast a bit... and then will probably start to rage.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 15:55   Link #72
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Well it will probably be a good chapter when put together with other chapters because of the action. I do have to say that I miss being able to speculate on the nature of the Claymore Universe on here. The last few chapters have been so straightforward, that it is hard to add anything that the chapter already doesn't show.
__________________
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 16:17   Link #73
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Well it will probably be a good chapter when put together with other chapters because of the action. I do have to say that I miss being able to speculate on the nature of the Claymore Universe on here. The last few chapters have been so straightforward, that it is hard to add anything that the chapter already doesn't show.
I can understand the feeling - the past few chapters have been so linked together and so straightforward, their is really very little to actually speculate about except what's going to happen next. Sometimes I miss the random time-skips and huge gaps, because it would at least give us something to think about.

And I don't know about you guys...but I was really surprised their was no Cynthia or Yuma...at all. This chapter, as chapters in general, are getting to be more about the (beautiful) art and the short-bursts of intense action rather then the looong draged-out development of the story...and I prefer the latter.
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 17:36   Link #74
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Cynthia and Yuma were ignored in some other chapters too.

Depending on where author will decide to start next chapter... we might or not might see them next week.

If it will start with blood lusted Priscila, I doubt they will appear. If no, they have a chance^^

Or they will appear chapter after.

About speculations... we still can speculate what everyone else are doing
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 18:19   Link #75
Ulquihorror
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I hope priscilla gets literally penetrated in her favorite place by one of those rods, the huge ones especially. I wonder what will be born of priscilla womb, then.

Maybe she'll concentrate all her humanity in that huge rod and it'll create a perfect mix of a half cat and a half human. That would be awesome, very berserkesque xD
Ulquihorror is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 18:32   Link #76
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I can understand the feeling - the past few chapters have been so linked together and so straightforward, their is really very little to actually speculate about except what's going to happen next. Sometimes I miss the random time-skips and huge gaps, because it would at least give us something to think about.

And I don't know about you guys...but I was really surprised their was no Cynthia or Yuma...at all. This chapter, as chapters in general, are getting to be more about the (beautiful) art and the short-bursts of intense action rather then the looong draged-out development of the story...and I prefer the latter.
Yeah I was telling ryus yesterday that yagi must've been goofing off while doing this chapter, sitting on a beach somewhere, sipping on some Pina Colada. A scene with Dietrich and Yuma would've evened things out
__________________
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 18:50   Link #77
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Yeah I was telling ryus yesterday that yagi must've been goofing off while doing this chapter, sitting on a beach somewhere, sipping on some Pina Colada. A scene with Dietrich and Yuma would've evened things out
I still think that he just wasn't able to include the Cynthia/Yuma/Dietrich part since when both sections where combined they added up to more pages then he's allowed per issue (somewhere between 35-40 pages). After all only chapter 1 has gone beyond this amount of pages. In short, Yagi just couldn't trim down either plot more then he already had and didn't think adding more stuff to a single plot benefited the plot. So we got 23 pages

However, Ygai does deserve a good vacation, so if he had one good for him . I always prefer the vactions where we can still get some chapter that month rather than even the idea of the really long vacations that cause a 2 month wait between issues. So if your right, I hope Yagi had a great vacation ... I demand photos.
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 19:47   Link #78
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I hope priscilla gets literally penetrated in her favorite place by one of those rods, the huge ones especially. I wonder what will be born of priscilla womb, then.

Maybe she'll concentrate all her humanity in that huge rod and it'll create a perfect mix of a half cat and a half human. That would be awesome, very berserkesque xD
Awakened ones don't have any genitals (though weirdly the female ones have boobs) so that won't happen lol (and would be too random)
evil_kenshin is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 19:51   Link #79
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
As far as I know we didn't see a naked awakened male... so how can you be so sure?

Or did I miss something?
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-04-29, 20:00   Link #80
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
As far as I know we didn't see a naked awakened male... so how can you be so sure?

Or did I miss something?
No I meant awakened form, Priscilla is in her awakened form currently.

AB male and females are just like normal humans biologically in their human form
( Agatha asking for Cid to have sex with her)

not so sure if AB's can get pregnant, we know from Riful that she and Duaf were at it constantly ("the only one who could accept me without breaking") and Riful didn't get pregnant.

But the Rods are different all together so I guess its possible (though a child of Priscilla would be ridiculously strong)
evil_kenshin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.