AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 00:20   Link #501
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
And karice67, I know what you said, but you were also countering my point as well. Therefore I was defending my own points, regardless if they aligned with yours.
The point I was countering was your impression that
Quote:
It'd be more likely as a marketing ploy if the episode was actually subbed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Nope. All the news articles and forum discussions this is generating would be the publicity that the posters were talking about.

I personally think the Japanese wouldn't do that (edit: i.e. would leak something this big as a marketing ploy. News, yes. Entire episodes, no), because the consequences far outway any benefits (if they even get any).
Positive or negative, it has created a bit of a sensation on both Japanese and foreign boards even without subs. Also, if it had been the subbed version, the results/consequences/repercussions (the discussions, stream being taken down etc) wouldn't have changed. So it doesn't really matter whether a leaked episode is subbed or not.

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 00:38   Link #502
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't really want to prolong this increasingly-off-topic conversation any further, but one thing...
Quote:
It's the causal viewers who probably have the sales potential, and it seems more likely for such a viewer to see an interesting video at the store and pick it up than wait up until 2-3AM in the morning to watch a string of anime.
I recommend that you do a bit more research into the actual Japanese anime DVD/BD market today. As a hint, here's an Amazon link for the first Limited Edition Blu-Ray disc for this show (contains two episodes).

We can carry on this particular tangent in a new thread if you'd like, as it has little to do with this show at this point.
Old 2010-10-10, 00:41   Link #503
Kagayaki

@winkel:
Spoiler for off topic:

Last edited by Kagayaki; 2010-10-10 at 00:43. Reason: yeah, I guess this is off topic, sorry.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 01:24   Link #504
winkel

As I'm not sure how to proceed in making a new topic, I'll just put my last thoughts here. If anyone wants to proceed further in a new area or in PM, I'd happily follow.

Spoiler:
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 01:36   Link #505
topboy
poor man

Spoiler for Ep2...:
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 01:36   Link #506
tsunade666

Just watched episode 2
Spoiler:

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 02:35   Link #507
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because people want to watch the show before they buy so they know if it's worth their money, keeping in mind that this late-night TV model predates the days of legal streaming. (It's also the evolution of the OVAs in the 90s that were, basically, just what you described.) And also, these days I think they make just as much money if not more on related merchandise (character goods, CDs, games, etc.) so they want to build as much buzz as possible. They call the model "media mix".

Edit: You added a paragraph, and yes... there are some pay TV channels like AT-X that specialize in anime (sort of like the music video channel example). But these are limited satellite offerings, so you hit a lot more people if you hit regular broadcast TV; it's late at night, but the fans know to watch (and there's always PVRs).

Edit 2: Anyway, realize we're veering a bit off-topic here, but this is "topical" and related to the news about this show, and I think it'll be over-shadowed pretty soon with Episode 2 impressions. If there continues to be a lot more news about it once the Ep 2 discussion starts in earnest, we can create a separate thread.
Correct, generally what happens is that a show buys a timeslot from a tv station and then fills it full of commercials related to the show, like a manga, or game, or something from the same company. This is why in Japan cancellations are rare, and the show has to have completely bombed to not fill it's timeslot. If a show goes over it's intended timeslot than they have to buy more (two recent examples are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Gurren Lagann went over one episode so bought more time).

Due to how unpopular anime is in america now, a similar thing is done here, with anime companies paying Cartoon Network to air a show to it's completion, if a show bombs like Gundam Seed, than Cartoon Network will just move it to a piece of crap timeslot just to fulfill contractual obligations.

The problem with the leak is that the tv station will be pissed at Aniplex, who will be pissed at ANN, and ANN whose worked their ass off to get these rights, could very well lose them. It took Funimation months and a complete rebuilding of it's video section to get the o.k from Toei to stream One Piece after that leak.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:01   Link #508
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
That was such a good episodde.

Reminded me of some good troll fights on the internet... I like where this is going. I really like where this is going. Kana Hanazawa and Ayana Taketatsu made up a really good troll fight.

jorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:14   Link #509
Kyourin
garbage collector

OP animation

OP up on youtube ^^ !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMJTq8P6GQ XDw I simply like this one ^^ <3
Old 2010-10-10, 03:19   Link #510
pampz21
ripApart

that was a good episode....
like the OP it cracks me up Kyou-kun really have his life a hustle ....
the thing he doesn't have is a catchphrase like when Touma getting drag by Index he always says" Fukou Da!" or like Ryner getting drag to buy dango by Ferris "ahh~ Mendoksai" or Tomo-chan's "Hewa ichiban da~"

Kyou-kun catchphrase should be " Matada" or "Mendoksai" or "like hell im gonna do dat" or "I'll kill you"

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:22   Link #511
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
On the leak, LOL, ANN incident reminds me of another streaming site that was forgeting for some months that it is illegal to stream in countries that they did not acquire a license, but anyway, I guess that was also an amateur error

As for the episode itself, I think the fact that for three pages there were only a couple of posts about it kind of tells the story ... though I liked the otaku stand-off ... it was so geeky

Finally, late night shows run into one of the following models:
  • premiere broadcasting channel is part of the production comitee
  • or the production comitee pays it in order to get the broadcast
So whatever the case, the producers will be somewhat pissed, though the actual damage is a non-event, since they do not really benefit financially from the broadcast viewership itself, rather than the publicity generated from the broadcast (however this is achieved ... even illegally).

The channel itself, if part of the production, will be more harmed, but for these kind of shows again its minimal, since the core audience is going to watch the actual broadcast anyway.

Now if it was Naruto or Gundam, there would have been a riot, since the broadcast itself is generating a fair amount of income.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:32   Link #512
pampz21
ripApart

well illegal streaming is bad but...you can always find something like that at the internet!...
Anyways back to the topic.... Does anyone think that the male character in the Anime that Kuroneko was watching looks like Kyou-kun? especially the hair!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:39   Link #513
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Ep2 is headed in the right direction. Everything starting to move. Fun episode. Good seiyuu work all round: Taketatsu, Nakamura, Hanazawa, Nabatame, Hayami, Tamura.

And the OP by the two middle school girls is out.standing pop. Not sure if the name credited for writing and arranging it is them or not, but very well done.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:42   Link #514
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Just watched episode 2
Spoiler:
Er... no, no, no. I assume it's just a repeat typo, but...

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:46   Link #515
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
lol... why ba gi na indeed...
Old 2010-10-10, 03:47   Link #516
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply to spoiler:
Old 2010-10-10, 03:54   Link #517
laksmkk

Nice Episode 2.
Spoiler for Kirino:
Old 2010-10-10, 03:57   Link #518
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

what will kousuke do now.....
Old 2010-10-10, 03:59   Link #519
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Feel like I need to say that after watching the 2nd episode of this show, the message it conveyed about otakus and their relations with other people kinda struck home with me and makes me feel like a pathetic loser.

I'm far from the level of a weeaboo, but I'm still a loner who stays cooped up in his home all day aside from my job or family/friend-related outings, and it's discomforting when something from my interests has to remind me of that. >_<;

One other thing I can say about this series is I like how much more realistic the brother and sister's relationship is with each other compared to other anime, they're not always on friendly terms but care for and support one-another when they need to.

And as a last note, those girls who work in the maid cafes in Akibahara probably have to do some of the most demeaning things ever, I pity them. xD;

Unless they enjoy it, in which case good for them.~
Old 2010-10-10, 04:20   Link #520
Malkuth
Banned

Another thing that might become an issue is that it depicts a teenage girl socializing through the internet with questionable individuals, while distancing herself from socially acceptable company ... not to mention lying to her parents, purchasing illegal merchandise, etc.

Though I find it totally normal, I think that a lot of people out there will have a field day on how this show corrupts the youth

Tags
comedy, shounen