AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-02, 23:17   Link #1
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Patchy's Sigworks




Hi! I'm new in this place and honestly I been lurking around here for a while so I decided to create my gallery.

I'm kinda new in Photoshopping (about 2 mos or less) but I'm always reading some tuts and other stuffs, and experimenting some style is surely fun.


ok stop the Intro here are some of my artworks, I promised to add more as time comes.


Spoiler for NOT SAFE FOR THE RULES IN HERE:



Spoiler for Shrine of the Gensokyo Realms:



Spoiler for K - ON SIGS:



Spoiler for Umineko Sigs:



Spoiler for Shrine of Kagami:



Spoiler for Electromaster's Powerplant:



Spoiler for Mahou Shoujo's Den:



Spoiler for Palmtop Tiger's Cage:



Spoiler for Shrine of the Gensokyo Realms Special Signatures:


Spoiler for Other Special Signatures:



Spoiler for Vertical Sigs:



Spoiler for Gensokyo Special Signatures Part 2:


Spoiler for Tagwall:




Spoiler for Signature of the Month Entry:













The safe version of the K-on sigs are located at the K-on sig req. thread
The safe version of the Umineko sigs are located at the Umineko sig req. thread

(I'll fixed this thread soon)

Last edited by Patchy; 2011-06-30 at 23:40.
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 23:50   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
The safe version of the K-on sigs are located at the K-on sig req. thread (I'll fixed this thread soon)
Yeah, I have seen some of those in use around here.

Nice work on the sigs, btw.

Welcome to FC too while am at it!
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 00:05   Link #3
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Animanga Empire
Age: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo Send a message via Skype™ to katiemirmo
Welcome to Fan Creations!
I really like how your sigs are blended really well..anyway..

Welcome cookies are served
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 00:31   Link #4
abet17
jUsT be uR sELf
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 27
you really make your own thread...... hahahah


Welcome to the FC...........


waiting for your other creations.. its all great sigs ^_^
__________________
abet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 01:06   Link #5
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yeah, I have seen some of those in use around here.

Nice work on the sigs, btw.

Welcome to FC too while am at it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemirmo View Post
Welcome to Fan Creations!
I really like how your sigs are blended really well..anyway..

Welcome cookies are served
Quote:
Originally Posted by abet17 View Post
you really make your own thread...... hahahah


Welcome to the FC...........



waiting for your other creations.. its all great sigs ^_^

tnx for the welcoming me




and for the first update

Ritsu



__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 02:06   Link #6
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Welcome to the fan-creation subforum, Patchy san. That's some good work than you have here, following the same style.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 03:32   Link #7
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Welcome to the fan-creation subforum, Patchy san. That's some good work than you have here, following the same style.
oh! tnx. yup I'm focusing at the same style at the moment, once I became used to it I'll change my style bit by bit.
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 08:00   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Welcome to Fan Creation

love most of you work ..This my Favorite
Quote:
+Cookies ~
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 10:40   Link #9
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Welcome to the FC family, Patchy!

First of all, that is a really nice banner..., but it's way too huge in filesize. You could have just made it a JPG; the way it is now any potential visitor is already finished with looking at the sigs in the spoiler tag by the time that banner loads.

The sigs are really nice for such a short Photoshopping time, good job on that. Variety is lacking a little, though I can understand you're still getting used to PS yet. Well, good luck with any future projects and enjoy your stay in FC.
__________________
:3
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:00   Link #10
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Welcome to AS! Glad to see another C4D'r around. There is definitely room for improvement on all our sigs but I can see you have a lot of potential. You need to improve on blending your render to the canvas. Most of your work shows the lack of blending but C4D is not a style that is easy. For choosing this as your first style within the two months of using PS, I say you're on your way to becoming a great sig maker. Another thing is since you're working with C4D's, make sure you don't over saturate your canvas with fractals. Keep it clean and simple with style. It's about presentation and not showing off that you can use it. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing more of it.
__________________
WINGZERO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 21:13   Link #11
Aryu
Rest... yet not
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nowhere
Welcome to to Fan Creation.
You got quite amazing Sigs, for so short time period. I love most of them.
Keep up good work

BTW this one is my favorite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post

__________________
Aryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 21:34   Link #12
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
I love the style you use for your sigs. Well, hope to see more too
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 00:13   Link #13
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Welcome to Fan Creation

love most of you work ..This my Favorite

+Cookies ~
tnx for the +cookies yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Welcome to the FC family, Patchy!

First of all, that is a really nice banner..., but it's way too huge in filesize. You could have just made it a JPG; the way it is now any potential visitor is already finished with looking at the sigs in the spoiler tag by the time that banner loads.

The sigs are really nice for such a short Photoshopping time, good job on that. Variety is lacking a little, though I can understand you're still getting used to PS yet. Well, good luck with any future projects and enjoy your stay in FC.
tnx for the tip maybe after completing the K-on sigs I'll try to create another style. Oh! and the banner I'll fixed it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
Welcome to AS! Glad to see another C4D'r around. There is definitely room for improvement on all our sigs but I can see you have a lot of potential. You need to improve on blending your render to the canvas. Most of your work shows the lack of blending but C4D is not a style that is easy. For choosing this as your first style within the two months of using PS, I say you're on your way to becoming a great sig maker. Another thing is since you're working with C4D's, make sure you don't over saturate your canvas with fractals. Keep it clean and simple with style. It's about presentation and not showing off that you can use it. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing more of it.
another veteran right? tnx for the tip and also glad to see a c4d'r also (are there any c4d groups here lol. yup I'll try to not over saturated it since it's kinda awkward, though sometimes accident occur when I adjusted the light by soft lighting and it'll became saturated a bit , again tnx for the tip big bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryu View Post
Welcome to to Fan Creation.
You got quite amazing Sigs, for so short time period. I love most of them.
Keep up good work

BTW this one is my favorite:
oh thanks I also love the Ritsu sig, maybe I'm just experimenting too much and luckily some of them resulted in a good way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I love the style you use for your sigs. Well, hope to see more too
thanks yup I'll post more soon
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 00:18   Link #14
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Little update



__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 09:08   Link #15
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Silicon Valley

Nice color choice for the fore and background. Right side C4D is a bit strong since the left side doesn't have big chunks of purple. Lighting looks proportionate to the C4D usage which is key to a well balance C4D sig. I'm not familiar with the render, but does she actually have that light blue clover looking tattoo on her left cheek? If she does, it might have been clever of you to change the color of it and compliment the C4D color. Her guitar looks a bit lonely. You might want to consider wrapping some of the C4D lining around it. Give it that extra touch to rock on with the presentation of your sig. Blending is better on this one. Last thing is the border. It really throws off the sig. It's just a black (3px?) border which is very bland. Might want to try changing the settings on it like overlay or soft light. See if that will help.


This one seems to have a similar background in terms of the fractal pattern. I think a little too much C4D was used on the foreground and the purple right by her left hand is out of place compared to the rest of the colors. I do like the flower addition plus musical measures. Adds a bit of character to the presentation since the render is playing the keyboard. C4D around her stomach is a bit too flashy and kind of clashes with the musical measure. It would be nice to actually continue the musical measure to the right side of the canvas and replace the random C4D lines you have there. You can see it's not consistent with rest of your C4D work. Black border is killing it again lol. Try playing with the settings to see if you can get a nice final effect.

These are better than your past sigs. Keep up the great work.
__________________
WINGZERO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 23:47   Link #16
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post

Nice color choice for the fore and background. Right side C4D is a bit strong since the left side doesn't have big chunks of purple. Lighting looks proportionate to the C4D usage which is key to a well balance C4D sig. I'm not familiar with the render, but does she actually have that light blue clover looking tattoo on her left cheek? If she does, it might have been clever of you to change the color of it and compliment the C4D color. Her guitar looks a bit lonely. You might want to consider wrapping some of the C4D lining around it. Give it that extra touch to rock on with the presentation of your sig. Blending is better on this one. Last thing is the border. It really throws off the sig. It's just a black (3px?) border which is very bland. Might want to try changing the settings on it like overlay or soft light. See if that will help.
lol yup ther guitar really looks lonely I want to add some swirls on the guitar/piano part a bit. Tnx for the tip for this one.... we had the same idea to what is to add...




Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post

This one seems to have a similar background in terms of the fractal pattern. I think a little too much C4D was used on the foreground and the purple right by her left hand is out of place compared to the rest of the colors. I do like the flower addition plus musical measures. Adds a bit of character to the presentation since the render is playing the keyboard. C4D around her stomach is a bit too flashy and kind of clashes with the musical measure. It would be nice to actually continue the musical measure to the right side of the canvas and replace the random C4D lines you have there. You can see it's not consistent with rest of your C4D work. Black border is killing it again lol. Try playing with the settings to see if you can get a nice final effect.
I will try to lessen the c4d effects a bit, I found that sometimes not overkilling the sig by using more c4d will result to a much better results, I'll try to adjust and harmonized the brush + c4d to make a better result next time. again tnx for the tip big bro.

These are better than your past sigs. Keep up the great work.
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 01:44   Link #17
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Another Little update

I've try to test if I can survive without using the shattered render c4d that I'm using in my background of the previous K-on sig and these were the results





There are safe versions of these 2 at the Umineko sig req.thread
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 09:54   Link #18
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Well you have to use more that one C4D fractal lol. There are far better ones out there to be used. Try not to stick to one or two.


Well lets start on this one shall we? Blue and black colors compliment your render very well. Looks like the C4D fractals are shooting up her dress +1 for that. Careful with the lighting since you have a high concentration of lighting coming from the bottom of the canvas, you don't want to have another light source that is strong at the opposite end. There is some room for the bg fractals and the ones floating around her to be a little bit more vibrant to breath some new life into your presentation. Keep working around this style and improve on it.


Well this one is a bit over saturated with the flower pack C4D fractals. I do like the splash of C4D below your render. That's a nice touch as well as the vibrant colors. Upper left hand corner of the canvas has a black hole lol. It's okay, it happens. Might want to revise this one a bit by reducing the saturation.
__________________
WINGZERO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 22:18   Link #19
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
Well you have to use more that one C4D fractal lol. There are far better ones out there to be used. Try not to stick to one or two.


Well lets start on this one shall we? Blue and black colors compliment your render very well. Looks like the C4D fractals are shooting up her dress +1 for that. Careful with the lighting since you have a high concentration of lighting coming from the bottom of the canvas, you don't want to have another light source that is strong at the opposite end. There is some room for the bg fractals and the ones floating around her to be a little bit more vibrant to breath some new life into your presentation. Keep working around this style and improve on it.
lol agree with sometimes it's boring to use only 1 c4d style.... I'm currently searching for those nice c4d/fractals that can be used as a nice background (c4d hunting )

ok back with the topic, hmmm yup I didn't focus enough lighting on the upper part just like the previous sig since it will become tad too bright since of dual light source, I just bring out a bit light for glowing effects. Yup I tried to blend those small 2 bit effects in a lighten manner to add a glowing effect only adjust the contrast/brightness of them near the character to add a sparkling presentation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post

Well this one is a bit over saturated with the flower pack C4D fractals. I do like the splash of C4D below your render. That's a nice touch as well as the vibrant colors. Upper left hand corner of the canvas has a black hole lol. It's okay, it happens. Might want to revise this one a bit by reducing the saturation.
hehe the bottom part was just a huge coincidence, I just drag out some c4d and blend it in a double option (one with linear dodge and the other to overlay to give it a dark/light manner. Now that I'm staring it after 10 secs. yup it's really satured too much maybe bec. of the violet/purple gradient layer that was blended in soft light.


again tnx for the tip big bro.. will work and experiment some more
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 02:26   Link #20
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Magic Land
Little update

Lambdadelta





using various c4d I think it turned out well


safe versions at Umineko req. thread again
__________________
My Workshop
-----------------------------
Featured Character
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
patchy, signatures, touhou

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.